LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10662[/IMG-R]Today's Amazon Deal of the Day:

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II (360/PS3) $39.78

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the first until it became too repetitive, but heard they addressed a lot of those issues in this one. Been sitting on a $10 coupon just for this deal, so I had to jump on it. Thanks!

[quote name='TurboPascal']1) Yes -- you can turn them on/off
2) Easy depends on the individual. Some are some are not.[/QUOTE]

Most of the achivements are very easy, and you get them as you progress through the game. Just make sure you don't miss the Fly Swatter achievement :p. And I think collecting the feathers was time consuming so I gave up at around 35.

Overall, great game, and left me with a lot of questions from the video you unlock from the glyphs!

I bought it a few days ago when it was $54.99. I emailed Amazon, and they refunded $15 to my card.

Amazon, I heart you.

[quote name='Serpentor']2. Achievements/Trophies are easy?[/QUOTE]
Make sure you get Fly Swatter or else you will have to replay a majority of the game. It is easily missed and there's no way to get once you beat the game.

[quote name='n00bie']I bought it a few days ago when it was $54.99. I emailed Amazon, and they refunded $15 to my card.

Amazon, I heart you.[/QUOTE]

What did you say to them?

:D:D:D:D:D
I was getting ready to check out with DJ Hero for $88 but then i saw ACII. Snapped it up as quick as i could. I have been waiting for this price, staying up till 3 am most of black friday week. Can't wait to sink my teeth into this one, loved the climbing in the first game. Woo!

[quote name='Wheels03']Will Best Buy price match this, or do one-day prices not count?[/QUOTE]Didn't Best Buy have a policy where they only PMed brick and mortar stores? And only if it's in-stock?

[quote name='AznKid']Didn't Best Buy have a policy where they only PMed brick and mortar stores? And only if it's in-stock?[/QUOTE]

That is correct. No B&M store will PM an online store...

How are the controls on Assassin's Creed 2 for the PS 3? Very easy to pick up or will it be a learning process? I'm thinking of giving this a blind buy. I'm very interested in playing another open world type of game, action/adventure, after finishing Uncharted 2.

[quote name='Rafael122']How are the controls on Assassin's Creed 2 for the PS 3? Very easy to pick up or will it be a learning process? I'm thinking of giving this a blind buy. I'm very interested in playing another open world type of game, action/adventure, after finishing Uncharted 2.[/QUOTE]

Similar to Uncharted + Uncharted 2, but kind of feels "stiff" or "less fluid." Definitely has that more realistic feel to it.

I'd give it a try. It's kind of a hit or miss type of game.

Have been looking for a deal on this one for a couple weeks. Almost did the TRU B1G1 1/2 off deal this past weekend, but didn't have the money. Jumped on this and for some reason, I had a $10.00 credit/promo, so snagged it for $30. Sweet!

I grabbed it, even though I rarely ever spend $40 on a game and even though I would have rated the first one pretty low. The first one had so much potential with a great foundation and I really wanted to like it, but the repitition just killed the actual game for me. It sounds like they fixed that issue in the second game.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I overheard a BB guy telling some customers that they would price match legitimate online stores. Maybe it's a YMMV thing.[/QUOTE]

This just signifies that they will PM online stores such as Target.com and Walmart.com. They would go out of business if they ever tried to compete
with Amazon.

I just got a copy in the mail I bought on ebay for 36 new with bing cb. for a christmas gift. Good price though I think it's nothing more than a great rental.

[quote name='aj slick']I just got a copy in the mail I bought on ebay for 36 new with bing cb. for a christmas gift. Good price though I think it's nothing more than a great rental.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing -- although I have yet to purchase or play AC2. I did, however, play AC1 couple months ago and recently purchased a new copy from Amazon for about $10 during the lightning deal over BF. I think this game is a great rental and to play every once in a while-- not sure about spending $30+. If you do, however, have the time and desire to play AC2, then this is a bargain.

[quote name='Casteor']Similar to Uncharted + Uncharted 2, but kind of feels "stiff" or "less fluid." Definitely has that more realistic feel to it.

I'd give it a try. It's kind of a hit or miss type of game.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean "stiff"? If you're talking about the climbing then i have to totally disagree, the climbing mechanics in AC are significantly better then those offered in Uncharted. One of my major gripes with UC1 was the extremely poor climbing mechanic compared to games like AC. That being said, UC2 is one of my favorite games but it's climbing sections are ridged and linear while games like inFamous and Assassin's Creed allow for a very free (and more fun) method of climbing exploration.

Now if you're talking about animation, Uncharted 2 may have the best mo-cap type animation found in any game (some of the making of videos show this and it's rather cool.) That shouldn't deter from AC though, which has extremely high quality level of animation that is better then 90% of the games out there.

[quote name='abhinav'] it's climbing sections are ridged and linear while games like inFamous and Assassin's Creed allow for a very free (and more fun) method of climbing exploration.
[/QUOTE]

yeah, well ALL of Uncharted is linear. It's not meant to be a sandbox game like inFamous and Assassin's Creed are. sometimes i felt like you just had to keep trying to jump and maybe that semi-conspicuous ledge there was the right one to go to...there was only ever one proper ledge anyhow. If you have an issue with the linearity of the climbing then you simply have an issue with how the game as a whole is linear.

P.S. you're looking for "its" and "rigid", not "it's" and "ridged".

bread's done
Back