Assassin's Creed II - Out Now

This is the shit right here that makes me hate paid DLC. Too much on your plate to finish in time and need to make cuts? Fine, do what you gotta do but don't turn around and fucking charge people for content that was ORIGINALLY IN THE GAME. They get props from me for at least being honest about it, which is more than I can say for companies who blatantly abuse DLC as a moneygrab.

I kind of assume it was, or was preplanned since Forli seems to be so short a part of the game. Well at least they're honest about it and aren't making stupid costume DLC or something.

[quote name='Jodou']This is the shit right here that makes me hate paid DLC. Too much on your plate to finish in time and need to make cuts? Fine, do what you gotta do but don't turn around and fucking charge people for content that was ORIGINALLY IN THE GAME. They get props from me for at least being honest about it, which is more than I can say for companies who blatantly abuse DLC as a moneygrab.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't ORIGINALLY in the game, they didn't have time to put it in. Stop bitching.

Yea- this didn't offend me. Those portions of the DNA that were missing didn't have any impact on my ability to enjoy the game. There was a lot of stuff to do in this game.

[quote name='nbballard']Yea- this didn't offend me. Those portions of the DNA that were missing didn't have any impact on my ability to enjoy the game. There was a lot of stuff to do in this game.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, the DLC feels more like filler than integral to the plot. If this DLC filled in some sort of "ZOMG WHAT A PLOT TWIST" or explained Subject 16 more, then I'd be pissed.

Eh, the DLC just sounds like a series of side missions. Would've been nice to have it included, but nearly by the end I was getting tired of playing the game already. Great fun game, but it just seem to go on a little bit too long for me. Great game overall, much more fun than I expected.

I'm just wondering when they're going to give those of us that didn't buy the Master Assassin edition access to the Palazzo Medici and the other crypt (or if those will be included in the upcoming DLC). Those dark red unfinished strands of DNA are nagging at me.

I did enjoy this quote regarding the ability to replay all missions: "Eventually maybe we'll come out with some way to do it somehow" So many qualifiers in such a short sentence.

[quote name='Ecofreak']Honestly, the DLC feels more like filler than integral to the plot. If this DLC filled in some sort of "ZOMG WHAT A PLOT TWIST" or explained Subject 16 more, then I'd be pissed.[/QUOTE]

I understand what you are saying- but that's kind of like saying that Resident Evil 3 should have been included on the disc with Resident Evil 2..

[quote name='DF3']Well you were right. The ending has me wanting to find out what happens in the story, but it was the worst game I have ever played. It actually made my head to hurt to play the game because of how much I dreaded the repetitive missions :lol:[/QUOTE]

Damn, you must not play ANY bad games, you are lucky. Have fun with AC2!!!

[quote name='BackInBlack']Damn, you must not play ANY bad games, you are lucky. Have fun with AC2!!![/QUOTE]
Haha yea. I make an effort to avoid bad games by looking at the ratings and seeing whether it would appeal to me. AC would be a game I would have never gone near if it hadn't been for AC2 improving upon it.

You don't really sign up for it as far as I know. It's just automated with whatever info you signed up for the PSN with.

[quote name='Thongsy']You don't really sign up for it as far as I know. It's just automated with whatever info you signed up for the PSN with.[/QUOTE]

Actually come to think of it, I already registered with ubisoft.com a while back for Prince of Persia PS3 to get the free Altair skin.

Looks like Ubisoft has priced and dated the Battle of Forli DLC. Saw this article on Kotaku that also has a link to the Ubisoft Twitter post. It's coming in 6 days (the 28th) for $4. I'm interested in seeing exactly how much content this will offer at $4, though I guess if you did a share it'd be rather inexpensive (80 cents a piece).

[quote name='Nirron']Looks like Ubisoft has priced and dated the Battle of Forli DLC. Saw this article on Kotaku that also has a link to the Ubisoft Twitter post. It's coming in 6 days (the 28th) for $4. I'm interested in seeing exactly how much content this will offer at $4, though I guess if you did a share it'd be rather inexpensive (80 cents a piece).[/QUOTE]

a share? how's that work?

btw, thanks for the heads-up; saw it on kotaku too. all i could think today of was 'thank god i can get my fix again.' and then i thought 'also, more ac2!'

Played through the Battle of Forli, it does take about an hour. And minor spoiler

you also have the ability to fly around in Leo's machine, kicking guards to your hearts content, in case you missed that trophy.

The dlc is ok, there is nothing too memorable. Some of the fighting does have larger groups of enemies than the rest of the game, but it is rather easy to knife people in the back, or parry and knife them.
I'd compare it to the uplay dungeon, it is decent, if you don't play it, you haven't missed much, but if you really want to play more ac2, it fits the bill.

The dlc does lead into the 2nd dlc, but unless that one (bonfire of the vanities) turns out to be awesome, I've probably had my fill of AC2.

That being said, the game was fantastic, and an improvement over the first (except the character models, especially the faces, look kind of ugly, maybe because I played the first on the pc). I only wish there was more uses for money later in the game, a little too easy to max stuff out, more villa upgrades would have been cool.

Not surprising, considering it was just cut content from the game. I doubt they even tried to anything unique or neat to make it stand out apart from the rest of the game.

The next DLC of the announced duo, Bonfire of the Vanities, is apparently releasing this Thursday. I read about it on Joystiq and there's some new move added called the spring jump. No clue what it is, but just like the previous DLC, I'll try it for a $1 gameshare.

[quote name='nbballard']I wonder if you hadn't played the game, but bought the DLC packs, if you can use the new move throughout the main story...[/QUOTE]
That would be a pretty big fuck you considering this was content cut from the game.

Rule #1 of DLC: do NOT make it something that people HAVE to buy. It must not affect game-play.

[quote name='Jodou']That would be a pretty big fuck you considering this was content cut from the game.

Rule #1 of DLC: do NOT make it something that people HAVE to buy. It must not affect game-play.[/QUOTE]

I can see next generation "DLC" being interesting. I'm going to call it now: Developers will start charging for patches. Screen Tearing patches can be something from $2-3, load time/graphic updates $3-4, and then we can keep game-breaking ones (erasing data if you get to a certain point, freezing, etc) at a steady $5 since those will be the most in demand.

And of course I'm joking
or am I?
Yeah I am

I am interested to see what the fuck this 'spring jump' is exactly and what exactly its use is. I'm expecting a Luigi-esque high ass jump, but who knows.

bread's done
Back