Assassins Creed Odyssey Free for testing Googles Project Stream!

Any idea if they are going to look at total play time or if you have to have an hour played between the 14th of december and the 15th of january. I put in 2hrs during launch but guesss I could mess around for another hour if I have to to get a free copy.

any players that spend a minimum of an hour playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey in Project Stream between now and January 15 will receive a free Uplay PC copy of the game via their linked Uplay account
This makes me think that is the case

Last edited by a moderator:
I got accepted, but managed and struggled to play the game for at least an hour and 10min, I actually played for about (2h or so but Uplay says I only played 1h 10m). I enjoyed the little I could play though and I am looking forward to play the PC version, I got the email mentioned above too about the last chance to play before the 15th. I wonder if any of you that played longer than 1h still got the email mentioned above?

yeah my times don't match up either, I just kept at it til the ubisoft club was past the point too to be safe

Due quality of my "bad internet" according to google, I was unable to play at any time or whenever I wanted. I was unable to play more. 1h 11m still meet their requirement or criteria. So hopefully I get it.

Said my time play is 22 minutes but the game been running for a hour for sure. I mostly just leaving it on since I already beat it on the PS4 and the project stream version look so much uglier then that version to want to really play it there.

I clocked in a little under 3 hrs according to their site but only managed about 45 the other day
Hopefully it's just more than an hour total and not between that time I really want to play this game on ultra. Kinda hard to play it 16:9 medium streamed when I have a 21:9 and could play ultra.

Can anyone do this for me? I'd be really happy if I could get this game for free. I registered back in november, but I did not get selected, at least I got no code to start the game, it tells me to register again which is not possible anymore. I was really freakin hoping to get this game for free :(

Can anyone do this for me? I'd be really happy if I could get this game for free. I registered back in november, but I did not get selected, at least I got no code to start the game, it tells me to register again which is not possible anymore. I was really freakin hoping to get this game for free :(
The problem with it is that you would 1st needed to get accepted by Google. If you didn't get an email about being accepted there is no other way unfortunately, they send you some sort of invitation code that once is used for the first time is tied to your google account. (I tried using my code on another gmail account and didn't work, said it was claimed by someone else). Then that was the first part. The second hardest part (at least for me, or many people) is getting it to launch. I have 50Mbps connection and it didn't pass the connection test, out of billions of tries. One day I managed to pass it and played enough to score the 1h. I suppose it was an issue for me because I am in a rural area of the US. I am sure people in metro or suburban areas didn't have any issues.

The problem with it is that you would 1st needed to get accepted by Google. If you didn't get an email about being accepted there is no other way unfortunately, they send you some sort of invitation code that once is used for the first time is tied to your google account. (I tried using my code on another gmail account and didn't work, said it was claimed by someone else). Then that was the first part. The second hardest part (at least for me, or many people) is getting it to launch. I have 50Mbps connection and it didn't pass the connection test, out of billions of tries. One day I managed to pass it and played enough to score the 1h. I suppose it was an issue for me because I am in a rural area of the US. I am sure people in metro or suburban areas didn't have any issues.
too late now, but what do you mean to score the 1h?

was there something significant tied to that?

Also maybe it was your browser? Had similar issues on IE, then switched to Chrome on a macbook air, from 5years ago!

Ran like a dream.. but only played bout 30mins if that..

oNe

too late now, but what do you mean to score the 1h?

was there something significant tied to that?

Also maybe it was your browser? Had similar issues on IE, then switched to Chrome on a macbook air, from 5years ago!

Ran like a dream.. but only played bout 30mins if that..

oNe
You have to play at least an hour so you can receive the free Uplay code for the game after the testing period ends.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Today I got a survey invite in the email account registered to my Uplay account. Survey took about 5 minutes to complete. Was asked about my gaming preferences and how was the streaming quality.

Maybe read the thread, or at least the OP. I was confused too, but then my brain started working and I understood.
Dearest S-Zaber,

read it twice now, the entire thread 3x, brain still not working.

Can you break it down for us retired at age 40, bachelor degree having a$$'s that aren't grasping this?

aka still does NOT compute!

uNo

So how do I know if I got it or not?

I played until my in-game save said I had played over an hour. But when I go check on Ubisoft Club today, it says I played for 0 minutes.

Haven't gotten any emails or anything since the cutoff.

Players that have met the criteria for the free game will receive an email after January 15 with instructions for how to access their free copy in the weeks following the end of the Project Stream test.

So I'd assume at least 2 weeks I haven't got any but a survey from them as of yet so patience I guess.

EDIT

I found this in my email so yeah it will be approximately 2 weeks
U0yRsvl.png

I haven’t gotten an email survey yet myself, though I do think I remember getting a survey in my browser after quitting the game. Fingers crossed.

I haven’t gotten an email survey yet myself, though I do think I remember getting a survey in my browser after quitting the game. Fingers crossed.
Those are different that servay popped up almost after every ending of play time. The one in the email was about 20min survey about the entire experience

Same, all it was is the grab an email to verify they can start monitoring you if you use that email quite often.  This is just warfare advertisement campaign control.  Offer something gamers really want, get a stat on how many sign up, then do nothing, no response or anything.

In fact I'm a google fi subscriber and when things go wrong, and your case is escalated.  Good luck, you will never get a resolution, never hear back, and it just goes into a blackhole at Google.  They are very poor at custome service when they are selling or offering a product offering, even if it's digital.  Reminds me so much of Xfinity.

From the Project Stream subreddit...

That pop up game is probably preparing for the Division 2 beta.  Did you sign up for the beta because it is probably that.

Someone who claims to have inside info is saying the date is March 8th now.  Sheesh.

From the Project Stream subreddit...

That pop up game is probably preparing for the Division 2 beta. Did you sign up for the beta because it is probably that.

Someone who claims to have inside info is saying the date is March 8th now. Sheesh.
Not going to complain about the slow rolling of a game I get free for literally 3 hours of playing said game.

It sucks but then again I got plenty to play in the interim. I just wish they’d send out some info.

Not going to complain about the slow rolling of a game I get free for literally 3 hours of playing said game.

It sucks but then again I got plenty to play in the interim. I just wish they’d send out some info.
I wouldn't complain either. Heck, I already have the PC version so I am pretty sure I am getting nothing anyway.

The problem is telling everyone it will be sent out 2 weeks after the beta ends. Well, the 2 weeks have come and gone and no new info.

I wouldn't complain either. Heck, I already have the PC version so I am pretty sure I am getting nothing anyway.
The problem is telling everyone it will be sent out 2 weeks after the beta ends. Well, the 2 weeks have come and gone and no new info.
To be fair if you reference my earlier picture it says approximately two weeks which means 2 weeks less or more so it could be another 4 and they still won't have e exactly lied.

They are still working on getting everyone their free game.  Make sure to still overreact for no reason though.

Same, I got the email too. For anyone wondering check the email ASSOCIATED with your uPlay account, unless they are the same in your case. Is not the email that you used for the Project Stream. They will give us a follow up on the 25th.

People on the ProjectStream Reddit page are saying the game is now in their library ready to install.

bread's done
Back