Assassins Creed (PS3/XBOX 360) $10 with Reward Zone Coupon

Was the first one worth playing through?

I've missed out on the series so far and I'm wondering if it's a good (or bad) idea to start from II and not the original.

You can probably score it for far less at Gamestop, though. Most people will say that AC2 improved significantly on the gameplay, but the first one is still fun in its unrefined form. When is stabbing guys out of the blue a bad thing?

Ya. The second one was better because there was more variety. The first one was revolutionary but most of the side missions are repetitive. Still worth going through though.

You can easily get the second one for a few dollars more. I couldn't stand the first one after the first few hours, but the second one is fantastic the whole way though.

HATED the first one so much. SO MUCH. Only beat it because I thought the game couldn't be this repetitive the whole way through and by the time I got half way I figured "fuck it" and just decided to tough it out and beat it for achievements.

Everyone tells me second one improves everything, but I don't know. I Feel kinda jaded.

I actually had the first one way back when it came out and didn't really get into it. Picked it back up over the summer and just started a couple weeks ago to actually play through it. It's why I'm only playing the multiplayer on Brotherhood for now - I have 2 campaigns to finish before I start its story!

Loved the second but the first was not a very good game. Repetitive, awful characters and lackluster mission design. Setting, combat style and exploration were fun though. Not a great game and worth $10 to some but I would buy AC2 during one of the multiple sales for $20 and just play that twice instead.

[quote name='abhinav']Loved the second but the first was not a very good game. Repetitive, awful characters and lackluster mission design. Setting, combat style and exploration were fun though. Not a great game and worth $10 to some but I would buy AC2 during one of the multiple sales for $20 and just play that twice instead.[/QUOTE]
this

Thanks for the heads up, probably pick up a copy or two as gifts.

I actually prefer AC1 to AC2, I just couldn't take much of the dialogue seriously with the over-acted accents in 2. Then again, I also liked the pacing of the story far more in AC1 as well, so I know I'm certainly in the minority.

Gameplay wise, AC2 just has way more to do. But as far as story, I prefer AC1.

I also thought AC1 pretty much sucked. Other than being incredibly repetitive, the graphics (while technically impressive) were horribly monotonous, and it has one of the worst endings (if you can even call it that) I've ever seen. If you have a PS3, I'd suggest getting inFamous. Everything AC did wrong, inFamous does right.

[quote name='Zbornak'] If you have a PS3 still liked the idea behind AC, I'd suggest getting inFamous AC2. Everything AC did wrong, inFamous AC2 does right.[/QUOTE]

fixd
AC2 is awesome :D

[quote name='Zbornak']I also thought AC1 pretty much sucked. Other than being incredibly repetitive, the graphics (while technically impressive) were horribly monotonous, and it has one of the worst endings (if you can even call it that) I've ever seen. If you have a PS3, I'd suggest getting inFamous. Everything AC did wrong, inFamous does right.[/QUOTE]
I Think I hated inFamous even MORE then AC1. It had some of the worst characters ever in a video game. As in I WANTED to kill Zeke so bad, Cole was annoying (EVERYTHING IS DONE IN A GRUFF VOICE TO SHOW I'M TOUGH!) and unlikable along with rest of his supporting cast. Plus the controls were waaay too clingy, especially in tight corners where enemies and their precision aim would shoot you down. Even with all the upgrades I never felt like a bad ass. At least in AC1 when you relearn how to counter and throw knives it feels rather badass the first few times.

[quote name='Mitsune']Was the first one worth playing through?

I've missed out on the series so far and I'm wondering if it's a good (or bad) idea to start from II and not the original.[/QUOTE]
NO!!!! it takes forever and essentially is a fetch quest gone crazy game! ran my balls off on that game.

Thanks OP. I never really wanted the game so I never bought it prior to this.
But 10 dollars? TEN DOLLLLLLLLARS!!!! Okay, I bought it, I'm sure I'll have 10 dollars worth of fun with it.

[quote name='knightbeauchamp']NO!!!! it takes forever and essentially is a fetch quest gone crazy game! ran my balls off on that game.[/QUOTE]

I never played any of the series. Based on the folks here, it sounds like I should hold out until assassins creed 2 is this price. Is the first required to make sense of the second game's story. After buying alone in the dark, I decided not every game is worth $5. Now I.am just waiting for good games to drop. Considering I'm getting several games on black Friday, this thread saves me from buying a crap game. Thanks all!

bread's done
Back