Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana

Can't believe I missed it when EB has it for $44.99, which would be $34.99 after my voucher. Hopefully Fry's will have some kind of deal.

haha already played it!

story is whatever, the meat of the game is in the items collecting

collect items, use those items to make even more items, then unlock image and sound galleries and stuff

This is a regular rpg, not a strategy game??? I assumed that it would be strategy since it's coming from NIS. The screenshots look great but I'm thinking it wouldn't hold up if I play this on a big screen HDTV. Another game to add to the "rare" list??????

On another note, when I see all these 2D strategy games coming out I can't understand why Sega doesn't come out with a sequel to their strategy/rpg Shining Force series. Most of the strategy games that are coming out are plain strategy games, with no town exploration and doesn't seem as interactive. Sega had the right combo in Shining Force 2.

[quote name='jngx80']This is a regular rpg, not a strategy game??? I assumed that it would be strategy since it's coming from NIS. The screenshots look great but I'm thinking it wouldn't hold up if I play this on a big screen HDTV. Another game to add to the "rare" list??????

[/QUOTE]

This is not a strategy game. NIS didn't make it, Gust did. As for this game being rare, I dont think any of us expect Phantom Brave to drop to $20.

it's not strategy game.

traditional RPG, u run in world map, town, and dungeons, and get into random battles

also when ure in town or dungeon, u have an action dial, what it is is:

u use L and R to cycle thru it, and press square to perform whatever action u have chosen

so one action let u shoot fireballs that helps clear paths for you,

another lets u fly or turn into a bunny rabbit

one of the most important actions u will do is "element extraction" which lets u turn destroyed items into like water, fire, wood etc which u later use in making alchemy items

when in battle, whenever the main character Klein kills off an enemy it also causes an element extraction to happen

bread's done
Back