Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Almost forgot to post this. I found a copy of Marvel vs Capcom 3 for PS3 on clearance (its the special edition that comes in the steelbook case and has the art book). Reg price was 70 and it was only down to 50. I figure in like a month or so it'll be under 20. If anyone wants it, send me a PM and I'll tell you what store and where I hid it :p

I know this prob isn't the best place to post this so if it gets deleted, I understand. I currently live in Buford near the Mall of GA and Gwinnett Braves stadium. Thinking of moving but don't know where to. I have lived in this house going on some years and am ready for a change. I work in Duluth near 85 so would like to still be within 30 min of work. Prob be able to do some minor stuff to my house and sell it pretty cheap just to get out of it. Guess I am going through a mid life crisis (yes, nearing 40) and needing a change. Any tips? Thanks.

[quote name='ROB64']Nothing left at Stonecrest except 3 Xbox 360 guitar bundles. I picked up the last one for PS3 today. Best Buy beside TRU has them in stock (band kits, guitar kits, and dj hero kits), but I don't know if they would price match since they're out of stock at Toys R Us (I didn't take the time to find out.)[/QUOTE]Which games are the bundles? GH5 or WoR I hope?

Zoidberg, you could always move intown somewhere. I own a condo in the Virginia-Highland area and commute North up 85 every day to Duluth (where 316 splits off). Since it is a 'reverse commute,' traffic isn't too bad. The other side of the highway always looks to be at a standstill though. I often shake my head and wonder why anyone would do that to themselves. Then again I am wife/childless so big yards, stellar school systems, and such aren't a factor. I decided being walking distance to bars and restaurants was more important. And I'm surrounded by art house movie theaters and concert venues and such. --Andy

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I know this prob isn't the best place to post this so if it gets deleted, I understand. I currently live in Buford near the Mall of GA and Gwinnett Braves stadium. Thinking of moving but don't know where to. I have lived in this house going on some years and am ready for a change. I work in Duluth near 85 so would like to still be within 30 min of work. Prob be able to do some minor stuff to my house and sell it pretty cheap just to get out of it. Guess I am going through a mid life crisis (yes, nearing 40) and needing a change. Any tips? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

im looking for a roomie right now so you could always move in with me haha but im sure you got more stuff than would fit in my house -_-

There is also the area north of the city heading towards Winder up 316. Winder is about 30 minutes away from Duluth depending on the traffic.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Zoidberg, you could always move intown somewhere. I own a condo in the Virginia-Highland area and commute North up 85 every day to Duluth (where 316 splits off). Since it is a 'reverse commute,' traffic isn't too bad. The other side of the highway always looks to be at a standstill though. I often shake my head and wonder why anyone would do that to themselves. Then again I am wife/childless so big yards, stellar school systems, and such aren't a factor. I decided being walking distance to bars and restaurants was more important. And I'm surrounded by art house movie theaters and concert venues and such. --Andy[/QUOTE]

Funny you should mention that area. I have been looking on zillow and realtor.com around the 17th Ave/Atlantic Station/Piedmont Park area especially with the dropped prices of condos lately. Thanks.

[quote name='ROB64']It was Warriors of Rock.[/QUOTE]Thanks, it was too far to go without calling to check today and they said they were sold out now. Sears by me sold out of GH5 bundles the other day so now I've missed that bundle twice in a week. Wish it had dropped last time as I woulda gotten it for sure. SHouldn't have dragged my feet on the TRU deal.

The Kennesaw Best Buy currently has the Touchpads. The had both 16 and 32, and they are Limiting 1 per person (1 total, not one of each). I would have liked one of each, but oh well. If you read this quickly and live close, maybe you'll luck out

[quote name='dogmae']The Kennesaw Best Buy currently has the Touchpads. The had both 16 and 32, and they are Limiting 1 per person (1 total, not one of each). I would have liked one of each, but oh well. If you read this quickly and live close, maybe you'll luck out[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dkellar']Kennesaw is out. If your in the ATL area, follow this SD thread as several members have banded together to scout out stores.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3240657&page=24[/QUOTE]

I saw a post at 10:23 this morning on SD stating that they had them, and I was out the door at 10:26. Got there about 10:45 and they were handing out the last 16GB. Happily bought a 32GB, didn't even think to look for any accessories.

This is the damnedest thing I've seen since the iPhone came out.

[quote name='ev768']Does anyone know of any upcoming arcade machine auctions in Georgia?[/QUOTE]

Superauctions used to have an auction here every few months. I am on their snail mail list and the only card I got about an auction in the last few years was for somewhere in Tennessee that was closing. I assume there is just not enough inventory to warrant them here anymore.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I saw a post at 10:23 this morning on SD stating that they had them, and I was out the door at 10:26. Got there about 10:45 and they were handing out the last 16GB. Happily bought a 32GB, didn't even think to look for any accessories.

This is the damnedest thing I've seen since the iPhone came out.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I woke up at 10:10 today (had a late night), checked the stock checker links for bestbuy
16GB and 32GB and they both showed available at the Kennesaw store, so I hauled ass there, got there at 10:20ish and saw a small line. At that time I could see quite a few of them stacked up in the back, but I didn't think to ask how many they had. Was disappointed that they wouldn't sell me 1 of each, but I'm still excited that I got 1.

Now that I'm off work, I'll check it out and see what I actually got myself here lol.

The moral of this story is, check stock on 16GB and 32GB and if you see it as Available, haul ass.

According to an employee I talked to at Loganville Best Buy, the Alpharetta and Augusta stores are expecting more touchpads soon (couldn't get it out of him how soon, I don't think he knew.)

Someone posted in the main Target thread that they got Dead Rising 2 for xbox on clearance for $15. If anyone sees a copy somewhere for that price, please grab it for me. I'm gonna start monitoring the Snellville location for it.

[quote name='whisper22']Someone posted in the main Target thread that they got Dead Rising 2 for xbox on clearance for $15. If anyone sees a copy somewhere for that price, please grab it for me. I'm gonna start monitoring the Snellville location for it.[/QUOTE]

I'll check next time i'm in Morrow.

Awesome, thanks. Some people have gotten it for less too. Gonna check Snellville tomorrow while I'm out.

I've got a few guides that I snagged when they pennied at BB if anyone is interested...
Dragon Age Origins Awakening
Metroid the Other M
Dead Rising 2 (I grabbed it in case I couldn't get my hands on the CE but I got one so I don't need it)
I'm particularly looking for the guide for the first Assassin's Creed. Otherwise cash is fine if someone actually wants something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at the Snellville Target, I think last week, and they did not have any type of clearance section in the electronics area. So, don't expect much from the Snellville Target.

The clearance games at Snellville are way off down on an endcap several isles away from the videogame section. Last time I was there a couple weeks ago they didn't have anything any good except the copy of MvC3CE that I hid somewhere.

Borders in Snellville is on its last 10 days. Everything is at least 50% off. They still have some game guides... Fable3, a sealed FF13, a sealed Dragon Age2, and some others. Blurays were 60% off. They're also selling all the fixtures if anybody wants a bookcase or something.

Target in Snellville has Dead Rising2 at a new reduced price of 29.99. I'm gonna keep watching for it to go on clearance but if someone sees it at another location for $15 or less please grab it. Pulled out the copy of MvC3CE that I hid and it scanned at $17.xx. I put it back on the clearance shelf under a stack of other games if anyone wants to go grab it. There were only a couple of xbox and ps3 games... most of it was ds games and even then there was only maybe a dozen. Picked up V for Vendetta on Bluray for $10 though.

When did you place that MvC3CE in the clearance stack? Last night? If it has been out for a few days, it is probably gone by now. If not, I'll head out that way and claim it.

Yesterday afternoon. Like 3pm or so. I put it under a stack of games so it wasn't super visible. The endcap with the games is down near the bicycles. Oh and its the PS3 version.

There are a couple of copies of Prof. Layton #1 for the nice price of $7.48 at the Sidney Marcus Target. Highly recommended if anyone doesn't have it yet.

[quote name='El Gray']There are a couple of copies of Prof. Layton #1 for the nice price of $7.48 at the Sidney Marcus Target. Highly recommended if anyone doesn't have it yet.[/QUOTE]

Nice, always wanted to check one of those games out. might go see if they have any at my local target.

I hear the Cumberland TRU is having a moving sale. 40% off everything, food and diapers excluded, I think? If anyone checks it out, please report back.

[quote name='El Gray']There are a couple of copies of Prof. Layton #1 for the nice price of $7.48 at the Sidney Marcus Target. Highly recommended if anyone doesn't have it yet.[/QUOTE]

Would it be this price at the other Targets, too, if in stock, or is it at the manager's discretion. Really want the game, but don't want to drive all the way out to Sidney Marcus.....although it IS somewhat near Oxford Comics and I haven't been there in awhile.

[quote name='grundy']Would it be this price at the other Targets, too, if in stock, or is it at the manager's discretion. Really want the game, but don't want to drive all the way out to Sidney Marcus.....although it IS somewhat near Oxford Comics and I haven't been there in awhile.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I want to check out Prof. Layton, but not for the price of gasoline at my expense.

Target clearance is standard across the board for the most part EXCEPT prices don't change at all stores at the same time, not even locally. Sidney Marcus may drop one week while North Druid Hills drops two weeks later on the same item. The lag would be uniform usually though, as in if video games drop a week later at NDH than SM then toys do as well. Some big clearances like major toy clearance after christmas or holiday items seem to usually occur at the same time everywhere. The delay is so great that sometimes you'll see people post getting a game at 75% off while your local target just dropped to 30% off. You should check a local target or two.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Target clearance is standard across the board for the most part EXCEPT prices don't change at all stores at the same time, not even locally. Sidney Marcus may drop one week while North Druid Hills drops two weeks later on the same item. The lag would be uniform usually though, as in if video games drop a week later at NDH than SM then toys do as well. Some big clearances like major toy clearance after christmas or holiday items seem to usually occur at the same time everywhere. The delay is so great that sometimes you'll see people post getting a game at 75% off while your local target just dropped to 30% off. You should check a local target or two.[/QUOTE]

In the past, I've not found this to be true. One store would clearance out an item, while the other would continue to sell it for full price for over a year. It's very hit or miss.

[quote name='El Gray']I hear the Cumberland TRU is having a moving sale. 40% off everything, food and diapers excluded, I think? If anyone checks it out, please report back.[/QUOTE]

I went so you wouldn't have to. Nothing of interest, really. Games are 20% off and accessories and guides are 40%. Maybe if you're interested in storage ottomans or battery chargers (recharge battery packs not included).

They also don't have many new games and the clearance games can be found cheaper elsewhere.

Borders at Stonecrest still has two large shelves full of manga left (I don't know much about those, so I couldn't tell you if they were good deals or not.) Not much else though, the whole back of the store was cleaned out and taped off, and slim pickings up front. They're closing on Monday, fyi.

I went to the Borders on Ponce on Thursday around 7, only to discover it was completely shuttered. I'd received an 'everything is now at least 70% off' e-mail that morning, so I was shocked to see the store was gone a week earlier than expected. Maybe the stock got so low they shipped everything to Stonecrest or one of the other Georgia stores? Farewell, Borders. I'll miss using their coupons or hunting for bargain books when I'm visiting that shopping center for cat food.

[quote name='El Gray']I hear the Cumberland TRU is having a moving sale. 40% off everything, food and diapers excluded, I think? If anyone checks it out, please report back.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Computersnacks']I went so you wouldn't have to. Nothing of interest, really. Games are 20% off and accessories and guides are 40%. Maybe if you're interested in storage ottomans or battery chargers (recharge battery packs not included).

They also don't have many new games and the clearance games can be found cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I checked it out last Sunday (9/11) to see if anything changed. Games were at 30% off and accessories and game guides were at 50% off. A lot of the guides were still sealed if one was looking for one in decent condition. I think BluRay movies were 50% off also but I could be off by 10% or so as I didn't really look at them. Game T-Shirts (mostly Mario/Nintendo stuff), MP3/IPod dock clock radios, and random other game related knick-knacks were also 50% off. Selection was starting to look picked over so there might not be much left by the week's end. FYI I heard that the TRU isn't moving far, just down the road to the Aker's Mill Plaza near Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Seems like a lot of trouble if they really are only moving about 5 minutes away in the same area but what do I know.

Anybody spotted any copies of Dead Rising 2 for xbox? Target in Snellville is still at 29.99 and they only have one copy:cry: El Gray told me he saw 2 copies for 15 at Northpoint last week but I wasn't able to get there and they're prob gone by now.

[quote name='chuckie88']I checked it out last Sunday (9/11) to see if anything changed. Games were at 30% off and accessories and game guides were at 50% off. A lot of the guides were still sealed if one was looking for one in decent condition. I think BluRay movies were 50% off also but I could be off by 10% or so as I didn't really look at them. Game T-Shirts (mostly Mario/Nintendo stuff), MP3/IPod dock clock radios, and random other game related knick-knacks were also 50% off. Selection was starting to look picked over so there might not be much left by the week's end. FYI I heard that the TRU isn't moving far, just down the road to the Aker's Mill Plaza near Bed, Bath, & Beyond. Seems like a lot of trouble if they really are only moving about 5 minutes away in the same area but what do I know.[/QUOTE]It was the same with the one in buford. Did that sale even though they moved two minutes down the road.

Went in there (Cumberland TRU) again yesterday and games are now at 40% off with guides and accessories at 60% off. BluRay sign said 50% still but I have no idea what, if any movies were left. The game selection is severely depleted now but if one needed a new RockBand wireless mic (360), a sealed guide for Final Fantasy XIII, or a sealed guide for the latest Golden Sun title; all were plentiful and 60% off. Oh, and the signage is up for the new store location and I can't believe how close it is. It is literally IN THE SAME PARKING LOT.:whistle2:k You can see the new place from the old and walk there in under 5 minutes. The building looks much bigger so we can hope for an improved gaming department I guess.

Anyone else taking advantage of the Microsoft Store deal for Gears/MW/BF/Halo? Anyone going at 10 tomorrow? Unless I hear there is something amazing in that goodie bag given to the first 100 I surely can't justify a trip into town for that.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Anyone else taking advantage of the Microsoft Store deal for Gears/MW/BF/Halo? Anyone going at 10 tomorrow? Unless I hear there is something amazing in that goodie bag given to the first 100 I surely can't justify a trip into town for that.[/QUOTE]

I really didn't know we had a Microsoft store near here.......

It's in Lenox Mall. I didn't know until someone posted that deal I looked at the store locator. Vaguely remember hearing they were doing one awhile back.

bread's done
Back