Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Head up. Blockbuster dropped prices on a bunch of new games today. The Cobb Pkwy Store (Kennesaw) had these a few hours ago
PS3 - Lair 9.99
Merc 2 9.99
Madden CE 29.99
Soul Calibur 4 CE 29.99
Fallout 3 CE 39.99

The 360 games weren't marked yet, so I didn't get a good look at what was in stock.
These are a few of the games on their markdown sheet though
Brothers in Arms HH - 19.99
GTA IV Special Edition - 29.99
Monster Madness - 4.99
Prey - 4.99
Too Human - 19.99
Rock Band 2 Game Only - 34.99
Rock Band Bundle - 54.99

Some more are listed in the BBV thread. And there should be a lot more included, as the list for the 360 games they needed to mark down was 3 pages. I just didn't have time to write everything down

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ ye i was lucky to drop by that exact store as they were getting the list (you don't work there by chance, do you dogmae?)

i grabbed a GTAIV CE at $29.99, DMC4 CE @ $14.99, Blue Dragon @ $9.99, Dirt @ $14.99, and Ratchet and Clank @ $19.99..all NEW..amazing deals! i just hope this isn't the end for BBV

AMC Barrett Commons 24 in Kennesaw is converting one of their theaters into an Imax Experience. It should be up and running in a week or two. I was talking to a manager today and she said they'll be getting Star Trek and showing it on the Imax screen. It's not as big as the one at Mall of GA (probably about the size of Fernbank's) but it definitely beats driving over there. $14 a ticket though...with that price it will only be a rare treat for me.

[quote name='neocisco']AMC Barrett Commons 24 in Kennesaw is converting one of their theaters into an Imax Experience. It should be up and running in a week or two. I was talking to a manager today and she said they'll be getting Star Trek and showing it on the Imax screen. It's not as big as the one at Mall of GA (probably about the size of Fernbank's) but it definitely beats driving over there. $14 a ticket though...with that price it will only be a rare treat for me.[/quote]
That's good news. It will be nice to have one on this side of the perimeter.
Hopefully they will do some of the IMAX 3D features!

In case you guys didn't realize it, GS has some crazy deals on GH games. I picked up GH:III, GH: Aeorsmith, 1 wireless guitar and 1 corded guitar for the 360 all brand new for $50 total. Pretty killer.

I had to go to 4 different GS to get it, but it was well worth it.

[quote name='neocisco']AMC Barrett Commons 24 in Kennesaw is converting one of their theaters into an Imax Experience. It should be up and running in a week or two. I was talking to a manager today and she said they'll be getting Star Trek and showing it on the Imax screen. It's not as big as the one at Mall of GA (probably about the size of Fernbank's) but it definitely beats driving over there. $14 a ticket though...with that price it will only be a rare treat for me.[/quote]

Holy crap. I live off of Chastain, so this is great friggin' news.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']In case you guys didn't realize it, GS has some crazy deals on GH games. I picked up GH:III, GH: Aeorsmith, 1 wireless guitar and 1 corded guitar for the 360 all brand new for $50 total. Pretty killer.

I had to go to 4 different GS to get it, but it was well worth it.[/quote]That's pretty darn good, but I guess you missed out on the GH3 and GH:A bundles at Target awhile back? I got both and GH2 and even Rock Revo when they knocked those out so I'm pretty new to the whole GH thing. I've done GHA on Medium, but Hard is killin me and I'm working on GH2 on medium. By the way, Rock Revo's expert is some sort of sadistic joke. NOONE can finish a song on that level. Game's pretty good though. And Rock Band is way easier. I beat More Human Than Human on expert on my first try and was never in danger.

Shout out if you wanna play online sometime. I tried GH:A tonight and it took forever to find someone in the player room. Noone in ranked.

BTW, GH WT and RB2 are 30 @ BB now. Check the BB thread. I don't like to spend more than 15 on a game, am saving BB credit for a Wii, and don't have drums, but I'm still tempted.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's pretty darn good, but I guess you missed out on the GH3 and GH:A bundles at Target awhile back? I got both and GH2 and even Rock Revo when they knocked those out so I'm pretty new to the whole GH thing. I've done GHA on Medium, but Hard is killin me and I'm working on GH2 on medium. By the way, Rock Revo's expert is some sort of sadistic joke. NOONE can finish a song on that level. Game's pretty good though. And Rock Band is way easier. I beat More Human Than Human on expert on my first try and was never in danger.

Shout out if you wanna play online sometime. I tried GH:A tonight and it took forever to find someone in the player room. Noone in ranked.

BTW, GH WT and RB2 are 30 @ BB now. Check the BB thread. I don't like to spend more than 15 on a game, am saving BB credit for a Wii, and don't have drums, but I'm still tempted.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, I actually saw you online playing it, but it was late and I was headed to bed. All this time we've been Live friends and haven't played online yet.

Is that BB for BlockBuster or Best Buy?? Is that game only??

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Ironically, I actually saw you online playing it, but it was late and I was headed to bed. All this time we've been Live friends and haven't played online yet.

Is that BB for BlockBuster or Best Buy?? Is that game only??[/quote]Yeah, but until very recently I've worked 3p to midnight so I wouldn't get online until about 1 am when most people are long asleep. I've only been on dayshift for a couple months. We should play, maybe find a game a bunch of ATL CAGs have and have an ATL CAG game night.

Sorry, I meant Blockbuster with BB. They've put a bunch of new (rumored used price drops on Sunday) games on clearance with good price points. Alot I've already picked up for the same price or less. Seems like most prices are about 5 more than I'd want to pay for a game, but if you missed out on Target or Sears clearance on some games, then it works out well.

Went to one of my old BBV haunts today, after visiting the nephews. The town lake BBV off exit 8 on 575. I was down to my last $19 in store credit or I would have picked up quite a bit. There overall selection of clearance New games was pretty stellar compared to the one near my house. About half of the markdowns were actually marked, the rest had the original price still stickered. Most of the games reported in the BBV thread were there, only the PS3 selection was lacking.

Anyone find a Star Wars: Force Unleashed (360) as part of the BBV clearance?? Someone in the BBV thread saw it for $12.99. I've only been able to find it at $24.99.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Anyone find a Star Wars: Force Unleashed (360) as part of the BBV clearance?? Someone in the BBV thread saw it for $12.99. I've only been able to find it at $24.99.[/quote]Saw it freshly marked 24.99 at two BBs. That had to have been a mistag @ 12.99.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Saw it freshly marked 24.99 at two BBs. That had to have been a mistag @ 12.99.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. I kind of figured that, since it was only from 1 guy, but I just wanted to make sure before I call every BBV in Atlanta ;)

EDIT: Decided to take the plunge and get it brand new for $24.99. It will be a while before it can be found cheaper new. I waited long enough. This seems like a good price for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kjauburn']Went to one of my old BBV haunts today, after visiting the nephews. The town lake BBV off exit 8 on 575. I was down to my last $19 in store credit or I would have picked up quite a bit. There overall selection of clearance New games was pretty stellar compared to the one near my house. About half of the markdowns were actually marked, the rest had the original price still stickered. Most of the games reported in the BBV thread were there, only the PS3 selection was lacking.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that GR was always one of the better ones.

I've not gone in in at least a month. I've only bought one game in about a month, too.

I found three PS3 Rock Band SEs at 75% off ($35 I think) at Target today. If you want to know where pm me and I'll reply to everyone who asks. Just trying to avoid alerting hoarding lurkers to the location.

[quote name='neocisco']Good idea. Don't respond to PM's from names you don't recognize.[/quote]Yeah, that's what I was thinking although only one person's pmed so far. I hate to skip such a good deal, but I have all the other music games including RB1 and 2 on 360 and only need the drums. Of course, I only have one PSN friend (one of my of my best friends) and he has RB, but I can't justify buying it to play one friend and basically play the same game twice.

By the way, you keep you're now playing much more updated than I do, but it's always an old school game. Do you ever play your next gen games? I do keep meaning to play D&D Heroes since I finally found a copy recently.

A while back I just decided to do nothing but play and clear out my ridiculous backlog. I have about 35 360 games and just a handful of PS3 and Wii games but no systems. I have about 180 previous gen games and after being introduced to Goozex last year I figured that would be a good way to get rid of these old games once I'm done with them and it's been working great. I'll be sending out my 60th game next. I've only bought one game in the last 8 months (F.E.A.R. Files, $9) so this has been saving me a lot of money as well. I did some quick estimations and, as long as Goozex stays in business, I probably won't pay cash for a game for the next 7, maybe 8 years. Goozex is even helping me make a little money. I got Silent Hill 3 from there which allowed me to sell my sealed copy of SH3 Monday morning for $55. I originally paid $5 for it. Basically, I've gotten to a point where my old games will pay for the means to get any new ones I want. I'm exactly what game publishers hate--someone who manages to play the games I want with them seeing essentially no money from it.

Crazy, are they actually marked 35? Would expect them to blow out at that price, unless it is some far off Target that nobody goes to. Hell you could buy that kit then go to Blockbuster and pick of the RB2 disk for $30 and have a great package.

If I had a PS3 (or money to spare) I'd pick up a set, but I already have it for the 360, so It's all good.

[quote name='jdawgg76']PS3 this unpopular? Was at the same Target today at 1PM and all three Rock Band SE band kits were still there![/QUOTE]

You pick one up or are they still there? I couldn't make it there today... perhaps tomorrow!

[quote name='dogmae']Crazy, are they actually marked 35? Would expect them to blow out at that price, unless it is some far off Target that nobody goes to. Hell you could buy that kit then go to Blockbuster and pick of the RB2 disk for $30 and have a great package.

If I had a PS3 (or money to spare) I'd pick up a set, but I already have it for the 360, so It's all good.[/quote]Yep, clearly tagged in a well travelled Target that some other CAGs hit a decent amount and most good stuff disappears early at.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']You pick one up or are they still there? I couldn't make it there today... perhaps tomorrow![/quote]Still holding off, but the ability to have a drum kit and play a best friend are still tempting.

[quote name='jaideam']Ugh I'm trying to get out there but my wife has a kidney stone and its a distance from me[/quote]I drive by there on my way to work everday, but this week I'm on vacation and won't be that way in at least a few days I think. I could offer to pick one up for you, but they may not last.

Hehe - I appreciate the offer sir - we'll see how things end up working out but I may have to take you up on that depending on the circumstances.

Hey guys,

I participate in focus groups from time to time and will be doing one on Monday tasting diet root beer. It's downtown (I believe around CNN Center), takes 15 minutes, and pays $25. They're under the gun and trying to get 70 more people, so you've got a good shot of getting in. Easy way to make a little cash.

Just fill out this online survey ASAP (remember, they want people who drink diet root beer), and someone should call to schedule you. Sounds like you can come in between 1:00 and 5:30 or so.

Thanks for the heads up Tybee - unfortunately due to my location I probably won't make it down there - would be interested otherwise ^^ Still haven't gotten a chance to get out and pick up one of the ps3 rockbands at Target yet - do we know if the price drop has happened at any other targets?

Tybee, thanks for the link to the focus group test, filled out the info tonight as I can easily swing it Monday afternoon.
Feel free to PM me with any more of these kinds of things as I'm pretty broke at the moment!:cry:

[quote name='jaideam']Thanks for the heads up Tybee - unfortunately due to my location I probably won't make it down there - would be interested otherwise ^^ Still haven't gotten a chance to get out and pick up one of the ps3 rockbands at Target yet - do we know if the price drop has happened at any other targets?[/QUOTE]

It has but I think the one on Johnson's Ferry is the only one in the area that still has them.

As of Friday evening, there was ONE of those sweet Logitech Wireless Freedom controllers for PS3 marked down to $10.48 at the Buckhead Target. Sorry I didn't post about it earlier.

I love the one I have for PS2.

Just an FYI, the BB on Scenic Hwy did not have the $9.99 games listed in another thread. The titles listed also did not have clearance stickers on them (they were even in their appropriate section, not lumped together in anyway). Hope this saves some of you gas.

[quote name='El Gray']As of Friday evening, there was ONE of those sweet Logitech Wireless Freedom controllers for PS3 marked down to $10.48 at the Buckhead Target. Sorry I didn't post about it earlier.

I love the one I have for PS2.[/quote]

I would have loved that, I hate the OEM PS3 controllers with a passion. If it's still there some one hide for mister-gorilla hands here (me) and shoot me a PM. (That is if no one else is taking it for themselves.)

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Just an FYI, the BB on Scenic Hwy did not have the $9.99 games listed in another thread. The titles listed also did not have clearance stickers on them (they were even in their appropriate section, not lumped together in anyway). Hope this saves some of you gas.[/quote]

Deals a bust. I checked my BBY and my brother checked two others. This is all premature, none of the ones we checked had the discount dots or BBy stickers either.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I would have loved that, I hate the OEM PS3 controllers with a passion. If it's still there some one hide for mister-gorilla hands here (me) and shoot me a PM. (That is if no one else is taking it for themselves.)[/QUOTE]

Sending PM.

[quote name='El Gray']It is (or was) on a locked peg with the PS3 accessories, not a clearance endcap, so no one can move it or buy it unless they get the store to unlock the peg for them.[/quote]
Cool. I wish I could check DCPI/or what ever remotely.

The Buckhead target in the multistory building north-west of Lenox I presume?

Anyone interested in RockBand Special Edition for the 360 for $40? They have to be able to meet me sometime around Fry's. Otherwise I am going to return it, because of my despise of wires...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Cool. I wish I could check DCPI/or what ever remotely.

The Buckhead target in the multistory building north-west of Lenox I presume?[/QUOTE]

That's the one.
They also have Sam & Max for PC for $2.48, if you're interested.

haven't posted in a while...been lurking in the shadows :)

if anyone's still interested in such things, austell target had one hd-dvd of full metal jacket in the electronics clearance endcap for $6~. not much else of interest other than that.

at the austell walmart, nights for wii finally made its way to the $10 game endcap.

[quote name='El Gray']As of Friday evening, there was ONE of those sweet Logitech Wireless Freedom controllers for PS3 marked down to $10.48 at the Buckhead Target.
[/quote]

If anyone spies one of these for $15 or less PM me.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If anyone spies one of these for $15 or less PM me.[/quote]A: I may be able to pick one up, but I thought you already got one. I've seen several.

B: I didn't realize they are that good, especially better than a dualshock. Need a different controller than the sixaxsux. I do love the logitech wireless PS2 and Xbox1 controllers. Does it have bluetooth connection, rumble, all the features of dualshock controllers?

[quote name='jdawgg76']A: I may be able to pick one up, but I thought you already got one. I've seen several.

B: I didn't realize they are that good, especially better than a dualshock. Need a different controller than the sixaxsux. I do love the logitech wireless PS2 and Xbox1 controllers. Does it have bluetooth connection, rumble, all the features of dualshock controllers?[/quote]

That wireless xbox 1 controller rocked. After I got it I wished I had bought one sooner. I have never bought anything from logitech and been disappointed.

[quote name='kristaia']haven't posted in a while...been lurking in the shadows :)

if anyone's still interested in such things, austell target had one hd-dvd of full metal jacket in the electronics clearance endcap for $6~. not much else of interest other than that.

at the austell walmart, nights for wii finally made its way to the $10 game endcap.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Austell Gamestop earlier today. Never again. I've been to disorganized Gamestops before in the area (where games are somewhat out of order or randomly thrown in bins) but they take the cake. Stacks of games underneath the cheap bins, absolutely no organization to the games on the wall or on the racks. Looking for anything in there is an exercise in futility. The only thing going for it is that it didn't smell weird. So I filed a complaint with corporate. Sorry if you know someone there, or do work there, but that place straight up is the worst one I've been to.

Oh and they said they didn't have the game I wanted to buy when I asked. Online locater said they did when I checked around noon. Yeah, maybe it sold, but then again, how accurate is your inventory when you're that disorganized? So it looks like I'll be heading out to Duluth sometime this week to track the game down.

bread's done
Back