Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='mitch079']I was at the Austell Gamestop earlier today. Never again...[/quote]Are you talking about the Gamestop on the East-West Connector by 5 Guys Burgers & Fries? I don't work there or know anyone that does but I was at that location 2 weeks ago and didn't see any of those problems mentioned. As for the online inventory issue, many retail chains are inacurrate. Personally, I won't trust an online number of 3 or under for in stock status. Been burned too many times by stores of all types but GS and TRU tie for most inaccurate online inventory. With GS, I don't even bother with the locator and just call the store instead. Having an employee put their hands on it is nice as they can verify used games condition/completeness. That's the only GS trip I've made in the last few months though and I have seen locations as bad as that or worse. Maybe if GS had half the number of locations they could make them all better!

Tybee: Thanks again for the link about the focus group. They called on Saturday and so I'll be tasting Diet Root Beer for $25. They asked if I knew anyone that would want to do it so if anyone else is interested, filling it out Monday morning might not be too late. I'm not going downtown though, they said it was at the Dunwoody location with times ranging from 2-5:30 pm.

[quote name='neocisco']Going by your wording I thought it was something completely different and was a little scared to clink the link.[/quote]Skeet Skeet Skeet!

[quote name='chuckie88']Tybee: Thanks again for the link about the focus group. They called on Saturday and so I'll be tasting Diet Root Beer for $25. They asked if I knew anyone that would want to do it so if anyone else is interested, filling it out Monday morning might not be too late. I'm not going downtown though, they said it was at the Dunwoody location with times ranging from 2-5:30 pm.[/quote]

Glad it worked out. I was there at 1:30 and they were still begging people to send their friends because they were short. You wouldn't think you'd have to beg people to taste two samples of diet root beer (10 minutes, tops) and pick up a check for $25. MARKETING FAIL.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I don't know how I missed this:
Matt Stafford skeet with footballs.[/quote]

You missed it because you don't watch Fallon, which is wise.

That said, we are pleased. But I agree with half the commenters: Shoulda drilled Fallon in the face.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']no deals about for me today. I did find a 750 gb Ext. HDD for $37[/quote]Wish I could find that as it seems like a great deal on something I really need.

What's wrong with these people?! You can't say skeet on the radio! - Dave Chappelle

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wish I could find that as it seems like a great deal on something I really need.

What's wrong with these people?! You can't say skeet on the radio! - Dave Chappelle[/quote]

I just sent someone (via PM) to get the last one I knew of and it was already gone.

I bought one of those HDDs for twice that, and I was decently pleased with my purchase. Really surprised any lasted to $37!

They seem to have just marked down an assload of "value aisle" titles at the Lindbergh Target today. I got:

Elebits - 10.38
SOCOM: Combined Assault - 9.98
Family Guy PS2 - 7.48
The Midway comp with HYDROOOO THUNDERRRRR! - 7.48
Unreal Tournament 3 PC - 4.98

Quite pleased with myself.

They also have some copies of Kingdom Hearts 2 for $10, if anyone wants that fine deal. And R6V2 for PC for $5.

HD-DVD owners: Reports of the Kroger HD-DVD bargain bins are popping back up.
These are nice because everyone that I saw/bought was also a combo-DVD format.
Some new titles may even be in the mix. :bouncy:

I checked Canton Rd. KRGR this morning but didn't see any there yet. I'll try some others tonight.

Please post if you guys find any please post (really wants Animal House and Breakfast Club).

Also, I am still looking for a PS3 Logitech Cordless/Wireless Precision Controller from the Target clearance- if anyone sees one PM me.

I also checked some off the beaten path Targets for more of those $37 Ext. HDD and found none.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check the Edgewood store tonight if possible-- I need groceries, anyway. That's the only place I found an HD bin last time around.

[quote name='Tybee']Glad it worked out. I was there at 1:30 and they were still begging people to send their friends because they were short. You wouldn't think you'd have to beg people to taste two samples of diet root beer (10 minutes, tops) and pick up a check for $25. MARKETING FAIL.[/quote]
Yeah, I signed on for the 1:50 session but was back in my car by 1:55. They were still trying to get people at that time also. Maybe we saw each other in passing?

My wired X-plorer controller finally started to go last week so I was pleased with the TRU 1/2 off sale price on GHWT with guitar. I picked one up at Cobb Prkwy.
As of Monday afternoon they had 1 GHWT guitar/game combo for PS3, a half dozen for 360, and zero for Wii. I didn't have time to check around for anything else.

EDIT: I saw the Stafford/plate thing before but it was pretty cool, hopefully my Lions don't draft him, causing injury due to being sacked 1/2 dozen times a game.

Kroger HD-DVD bin @ Marietta; Parkaire Landing store. (corner of Johnson Ferry and Lower Rosewell Rd, 4880 Lower Roswell)

Had the following:
Brokeback Mountain
Balls of fury
Waist Deep x 2
The Kingdom
Breach
Unleashed x 2
Even Almighty
Talk to Me
Chuck & Larry
Mr. Beans Holiday

I took their only copy of The Hitcher

I never found and would really like:
An American Werewolf in London
Animal House
The Breakfast Club
The Breakup

I would gladly pay Media Mail shipping also.

Looks like a few gamestops got those TE sticks. Too bad my car is broken down. fuck.

I found some guy on craig's list selling them, but he wants 280. fuck that shit.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Looks like a few gamestops got those TE sticks. Too bad my car is broken down. fuck.

I found some guy on craig's list selling them, but he wants 280. fuck that shit.[/QUOTE]

For that price, build one yourself. You could make it better than a TE.

Has anybody spotted HD-DVD bins in Kennesaw or Woodstock? I'm looking for Assassination of Jesse James. Are these usually near the front cross aisle around the registers?

[quote name='neocisco']Has anybody spotted HD-DVD bins in Kennesaw or Woodstock? I'm looking for Assassination of Jesse James. Are these usually near the front cross aisle around the registers?[/QUOTE]

That's where the previous one was at Edgewood. Front and center. They didn't have a new one there when I checked Tuesday night.

I know this is WAY off topic and I'll go ahead and ask the moderator to delete this post at his/her discretion, but if any one was interested, at Target those Star Wars Sarlacc Pit and Skiff sets have been marked down to $13.74!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone get a MicroCenter gamer e-mail today?[/quote]
No, did you? (I have it set to go to all three of my emails, I got nothing.)
I may stop by at lunch to see if there was anything.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, did you? (I have it set to go to all three of my emails, I got nothing.)
I may stop by at lunch to see if there was anything.[/quote]

Nope, nothing here either... was hoping for something good, but perhaps they didn't do one this week?

I did not see it posted under the main deals forum either.

Also, has anyone seen Spectral Force 3 at any Best Buy?

EDIT: Just received the MicroCenter gaming e-mail... nothing too great. Just hoping my PAs work at BBY this Sunday!

EDIT2: Has anyone seen the BBY manager's clearance on Saints Row 2 CE (360) that a lot of people are reporting in the YMMV BBY thread? I would really like to pick it up!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Nope, nothing here either... was hoping for something good, but perhaps they didn't do one this week?

EDIT: Just received the MicroCenter gaming e-mail... nothing too great. Just hoping my PAs work at BBY this Sunday!

EDIT2: Has anyone seen the BBY manager's clearance on Saints Row 2 CE (360) that a lot of people are reporting in the YMMV BBY thread? I would really like to pick it up![/QUOTE]
The BBY on Pleasant Hill has them (Saints Row 2 CE) at 20% off (verified on Monday). Hoping for a better price drop.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']

EDIT2: Has anyone seen the BBY manager's clearance on Saints Row 2 CE (360) that a lot of people are reporting in the YMMV BBY thread? I would really like to pick it up![/quote]

Nope, Cumberland/Smyrna/41 had Condemned 1 for $4.99 and Golden Compass for $9.99 (360)and that was all the current gen non-handheld in the Manager's sale as of last night (mobile display at the front, near registers).

Hi all,

A few discoveries to share after visiting two Atlanta BBs this morning (BUCKHEAD and LAVISTA). I'm a PS3 owner so that's all I was focused on.

Both locations had tons of PURE for PS3. The one title I was looking for so I was pleased with this as the BB website has made this item disappear.

BUCKHEAD had many copies of Quantum of Solace w/ T-Shirt, which is the only one that is 9.99. The game-only edition is still full price.

LAVISTA had a surprise for me. They had several copies of SINGSTAR ABBA and Vol.2 so I grabbed those even though I don't have Vol.1 and mics...BUT...LAVISTA had 10 copies of SINGSTAR COUNTRY PS2 w/ Microphones for 9.99. This item is no longer available at BB website and the sales associate was shocked to find he had 10 copies in the back. I and another fellow picked up a copy each so that leaves 8 SINGSTAR COUNTRY PS2 w/ Mics (compatible with PS3) left at the LAVISTA BB.

LAVISTA had no more Quantum of Solace w/ T-shirt.

Both locations had OVERLORD, FERARRI.

BUCKHEAD had a couple of LOST PLANET and SOUL CALIBUR (man I almost wish I didn't own this game just so I could get it as such an amazing price.

LAVISTA had no LOST PLANET or SOUL CALIBUR.

Sorry this post isn't comprehensive, I mainly wanted to share the pretty cool SINGSTAR deal at LAVISTA.

Happy hunting!

Looked for GTA: Chinatown Wars at Edgewood, but the cupboard was bare. :cry: $10 360 offerings seemed pretty picked over as well.

[quote name='Tybee']Looked for GTA: Chinatown Wars at Edgewood, but the cupboard was bare. :cry: $10 360 offerings seemed pretty picked over as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure you could get your local Wal-Mart to price match the GTA game, just bring in a copy of the Best Buy ad.

Some douche bought 70 games @ the BB in loganville. Must've been 360 games cause there were still lots of PS3 stuff with value like Pure, SC4, etc. Also had SStar Country bundles and dance game bundles.

Snellville sold me a PS3 007 for 9.99. Rang up 29.99, but the girl immediately overrode it before I could say anything. They had a decent amount of games around noon including bourne and sstar vol 2 and bond for ps3.

Pleasant Hill BB may have he best overall selection, one Pure PS3 at 1:30, lots of 360 games and ds games. They had MLB Manager on the 9.99 table and I gave it a try, but they said it was a 20% manager sale game. Told them they should move the giant stack off the 9.99 table. They also have Resistance Collector's Edition 50% off so it's $40.

I know I got the only Bourne for 360 between those stores and every one has Rock Revolution for both systems. No ferrari at logan and snellville stores, and I effin' forgot to look at Pleasant Hill.

Totally forgot to get Chinatown Wars. Heard it's amazingly good.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I saw it at Sydney Marcus, but that was at noon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'm not even sure where that is, but I doubt there would be any left anyway.

Bummer. Played it and I liked it. Not worth $60 by any stretch, but a good game for $10.....

Thanks again.

If anybody happened to score one and doesn't really want it or just got it for trade/sell fodder, let me know.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Nope, nothing here either... was hoping for something good, but perhaps they didn't do one this week?

EDIT2: Has anyone seen the BBY manager's clearance on Saints Row 2 CE (360) that a lot of people are reporting in the YMMV BBY thread? I would really like to pick it up![/quote]

I saw several copies of SF 3 at the north point BB today.

I'm sure it's too late, but if anyone sees a $10 007 for 360 or Ferrari PS3 at a BB please pm me. Or I got a couple extra games of which I could trade: Singstar V2 (got it for a cousin who ended up getting one), 007 PS3, Bourne PS3 (got them in case I didn't find 360 versions). Also, if anyone wants one of those before I return them let me know.

North Point Best Buy 360 selection was picked over. PS3 selection was the best left. The had the games right in front of the door, but there was more mixed in throughout the games. Still looking for Pure 360 if anyone finds a extra.

There were copies of blitz 360 all over. It might has well been $1.99. They had at least 50 on the aisle, 10 up front, and another 40-50 on a endcap.

FWIW, the Walmart on Lawrenceville-Suwanee price matched SCIV for :360: even though the ad just shows the PS3 version. Had no luck finding it at the two BB's I went to so I gave it a shot and it worked.

[quote name='kjauburn']North Point Best Buy 360 selection was picked over. PS3 selection was the best left. The had the games right in front of the door, but there was more mixed in throughout the games. Still looking for Pure 360 if anyone finds a extra.

There were copies of blitz 360 all over. It might has well been $1.99. They had at least 50 on the aisle, 10 up front, and another 40-50 on a endcap.[/quote]Haha, Turok was like that at the Pleasant Hill location, must've been 50 copies. I got it at the Blockbuster B1G1 used (came out to 7.50) and it's worth it for a cheap FPS. Not a bad game at all, just not that special like CoD.

[quote name='bier']FWIW, the Walmart on Lawrenceville-Suwanee price matched SCIV for :360: even though the ad just shows the PS3 version. Had no luck finding it at the two BB's I went to so I gave it a shot and it worked.[/quote]I always have terrible luck at Walmarts and you have to wait FOREVER for a managerial type to give a lame excuse. My favorite was at the Walmart on Lawrenceville Highway and Pleasant Hill in lilburn: "That price is too cheap and we can't match it." That's funny, I missed the part in your low price guarantee that says you only match the price if it's not too low for you. I left my groceries at the register and went elsewhere.

BTW, SC4 is awesome. Send me a FR if you want to play online.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Were they $9.99 or stickered?[/quote]

No, none of them were stickered, and I didn't check to see if they were part of the sale.

If anyone's interested in some of those $100 noise-cancelling earbuds at Target for $25, hit me up, and I'll clue you in to their location.

The Edgewood Best Buy still had 2 copies of Infinite Undiscovery for Xbox 360 as of 4PM today. They are in the back of the locked case, somewhat hidden from view. Most of their Xbox stuff was picked over. It looked like they still had a decent bit of PS3 games tho.

I hadn't looked at the list of games in a few days so I forgot what I was supposed to look for while I was there. So, if anyone has seen Pure for Xbox or possibly PS3 or GH: Aerosmith for PS3, I'd appreciate the heads up cause I forgot to look for them while at Edgewood.

Very interesting: [quote name='Fatbot3']360 version was the only one I saw. It was on the deals shelf without a clearance sticker so that might indicate a universal price drop but Amazon still has it listed for 39.99. Target.com still has a 39.99 price so I don't know what to think. This was at a Target in Atlanta, Ga.[/quote]

I have a $10 Target coupon I have been saving.

bread's done
Back