Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

That rumor's already been squashed. I didn't watch the game, but from what I understand Cox doesn't defense or WR. Was it really all his miscues that cost the game. You gotta figure what he was up against. Take it from a guy who played football in HS and college (D3, no big deal), long distance travel to play a really good team (a higher ranked team no less) for the first game when your offense's rhythm and cohesiveness isn't really there yet because it takes playing in games together to get clicking. Plus he had the flu and it was his first collegiate start. That's shall we say not optimal. But, better than the freshman QB for that small school that opened up against Florida for his first start.

So I was caught slippin' near MLK Boulevard... I got bombarded by homeless dudes, lol it sucked man...

Crazy thing is there is a Starbucks right in the middle of that damn ghetto, with dudes in wheelchairs going down the sidewalk. Gosh that pisses me off.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That rumor's already been squashed. I didn't watch the game, but from what I understand Cox doesn't defense or WR. Was it really all his miscues that cost the game. You gotta figure what he was up against. Take it from a guy who played football in HS and college (D3, no big deal), long distance travel to play a really good team (a higher ranked team no less) for the first game when your offense's rhythm and cohesiveness isn't really there yet because it takes playing in games together to get clicking. Plus he had the flu and it was his first collegiate start. That's shall we say not optimal. But, better than the freshman QB for that small school that opened up against Florida for his first start.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it wasn't optimal, but he's a sr and he's been here for 4 years. He's played before. He's not some wide-eyed overmatched freshman. Our defense held a top-5 Div 1 offense to 24 points, can't be too mad about that. Joe Cox though threw high, behind receivers the entire game and hung balls up down the field against one of the worst defenses in Div 1. Dude is fine for mop-up duty, but does not have the arm to get the ball down the field. It's not all his fault, though. I blame idiot Bobo for getting away from the running game as well.

The rumor of Gray starting might have been squashed, but the practice report was accurate. There's only one reason to take reps away from your inexperienced starter, and that's to get your backup ready to come in and play. Cox may still start, but we are going to see a lot of Logan Gray under center on Sat, and possibly more going forward. Cox may have earned his shot sticking around for all these years, but his legs and his arm aren't even in the same ballpark as Logan.

Valkyria Chronicles is 19.99 now at walmart; Lilburn wal-mart on Lawrenceville Highway still shows as having it in stock (only one in Atl) if anyone is interested.

As of yesterday afternoon (Sat., 9/12) the Marietta Microcenter still had dozens of The Beatles:Rockband for all platforms at $39.99. On a related note, it wasn't until getting it home that I found out that the 360 CAN NOT be used as a mic this time around. Kinda' sucked as we've been doing just fine with the headset mic for GHWT and RB1. Thanks for nothing Harmonix!:bomb: Not that it matters as we went out and got a mic to use but does anyone know if a headset mic can be used on RB2? (Beatles:RB is still a great game BTW.)

Target near windward pkwy / highway 9 has on clearance:

-Wanted: Weapons of Fate @ $12.48
-Rainbow Six: Vegas at $9.98
-Asus EE 10" Netbooks (not sure on the specs but it did have a 100+ gb harddrive) at $230

If anyone sees Damnation (360) or Wanted (360) in the East/Northeast area at Target for the clearance price listed in the Target thread, please let me know!

Thanks!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am also looking for Damnation at $15 or less.[/QUOTE]

How long has Damnation been on clearance? I have not seen it anywhere...

If anyone sees any copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) for $7.48 please let me know. Thanks!!

jdawgg76, Thanks for the heads up, but at 8:30pm there were NONE to be found at the Target you mentioned :cry:!

If you see any more for 7.50 please let me know. Or please pick me up a copy if there is only a few copies left.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']How long has Damnation been on clearance? I have not seen it anywhere...[/QUOTE]

I juts saw Ubii's post, and ASS-U-ME-D.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']If anyone sees any copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) for $7.48 please let me know. Thanks!!

jdawgg76, Thanks for the heads up, but at 8:30pm there were NONE to be found at the Target you mentioned :cry:!

If you see any more for 7.50 please let me know. Or please pick me up a copy if there is only a few copies left.[/QUOTE]

There were none at the Smyrnietta-fohtee wahn Target?
I didn't get out to check any clearances today but there were at least a dozen there earlier this weekend.

[quote name='chuckie88']As of yesterday afternoon (Sat., 9/12) the Marietta Microcenter still had dozens of The Beatles:Rockband for all platforms at $39.99. On a related note, it wasn't until getting it home that I found out that the 360 CAN NOT be used as a mic this time around. Kinda' sucked as we've been doing just fine with the headset mic for GHWT and RB1. Thanks for nothing Harmonix!:bomb: Not that it matters as we went out and got a mic to use but does anyone know if a headset mic can be used on RB2? (Beatles:RB is still a great game BTW.)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been using a headset for Rock Band 2 since I got it. That's lame you can't do the same for Beatles: RB. Oh well, I may just have to get a mic then...

Apparently Scribblenauts is going quickly at TRU's around town. In case you didn't know, they're offering a $15 gc with purchase, today only. elgray reports that Northpoint is already sold out. There were several copies left at Cobb Pkwy when I was there around 12:20. Not sure exactly how many.

I also noticed that there is a brand new used games bin. Last I'd heard, TRU was only going to be buying used games, not reselling them, so this was a surprise to me. Had some decent stuff in it, across all current gen platforms (DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PSP, maybe a couple PS2). Games looked to be in very good shape...like new, actually. Re-shrinkwrapped with a USED sticker on the spine, but I think it was on the outside of the plastic. Not sure. Prices ranged from decent (saw Mass Effect for $14.99) to not great.

Can anybody make a suggestion for another wireless rockband guitar for the 360? I need one so my boy can play Bass in beatles rock band.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Can anybody make a suggestion for another wireless rockband guitar for the 360? I need one so my boy can play Bass in beatles rock band.[/QUOTE]

A couple of weeks ago both the Sidney Marcus and Edgewood Best Buys had the "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" bundle with wireless guitars for 15.99 for the 360. I picked one up, but have been too busy to try it out. 16 bucks for a guitar (and wireless to boot) was a better deal than what the nearby Gamestop wanted for used instruments!

Edgewood had about a dozen, so some should still be lingering on a low shelf near the 360 accessories. Good luck.

-- Andy

[quote name='RoninChaos']Can anybody make a suggestion for another wireless rockband guitar for the 360? I need one so my boy can play Bass in beatles rock band.[/QUOTE]

Not sure the cheapest way to get one now but I'm a huge fan of the Les Paul that originally shipped with GH3 as well as GH: Aerosmith. They are the most comfortable and reliable to me, and I mostly play Rock Band. I've stockpiled 5 of them so that I never have to worry about using a different one, but my original from my GH3 bundle is still working great.

[quote name='Robotechnology']A couple of weeks ago both the Sidney Marcus and Edgewood Best Buys had the "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" bundle with wireless guitars for 15.99 for the 360. I picked one up, but have been too busy to try it out. 16 bucks for a guitar (and wireless to boot) was a better deal than what the nearby Gamestop wanted for used instruments!

Edgewood had about a dozen, so some should still be lingering on a low shelf near the 360 accessories. Good luck.

-- Andy[/QUOTE]

There's still some there. Was at Edgewood BB this weekend.

[quote name='Tybee']Apparently Scribblenauts is going quickly at TRU's around town. In case you didn't know, they're offering a $15 gc with purchase, today only. elgray reports that Northpoint is already sold out. There were several copies left at Cobb Pkwy when I was there around 12:20. Not sure exactly how many.

I also noticed that there is a brand new used games bin. Last I'd heard, TRU was only going to be buying used games, not reselling them, so this was a surprise to me. Had some decent stuff in it, across all current gen platforms (DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PSP, maybe a couple PS2). Games looked to be in very good shape...like new, actually. Re-shrinkwrapped with a USED sticker on the spine, but I think it was on the outside of the plastic. Not sure. Prices ranged from decent (saw Mass Effect for $14.99) to not great.[/QUOTE]

I posted a pic of that bin in the used TRU thread which Cheapy put on the front page (yeah, total promo). According to a guy who works at that TRU, they take the games in, send them off for inspection, and then the other company sends them to stores. There's also a bin at the TRU near the Galleria Mall. Haven't checked any others.

I saw a Wii GH:WT wireless drum set for $70 and two 360 GH:WT wireless drum sets for $50 each yesterday. PM me for location.

Ronin, you really just missed out between Sears and KMart recently knocking out GH3/A bundles down as low as $6 and Target just dropping GH:WT bundles to 22.50.

Has anyone seen the new control Pikmin for Wii on clearance at any Target in the city? The main Target thread shows it for 7.48 for a while, and all the Targets out here in the burbs have it in stock at the original $30 price.

I know we have lagged behind other areas of the country in some of the clearance games, but I don't ever recall a time when it was this far behind.

I love the series and really want to try the new control scheme before Pikmin 3 comes out. However, since I have it for the Cube, I can not bring myself to pay much for it.

[quote name='GamingGator']Has anyone seen the new control Pikmin for Wii on clearance at any Target in the city? The main Target thread shows it for 7.48 for a while, and all the Targets out here in the burbs have it in stock at the original $30 price.

I know we have lagged behind other areas of the country in some of the clearance games, but I don't ever recall a time when it was this far behind.

I love the series and really want to try the new control scheme before Pikmin 3 comes out. However, since I have it for the Cube, I can not bring myself to pay much for it.[/QUOTE]

Pikmin 3? You know something I don't?

I'm waiting for Pikmin 2 New Control. They've had it in the UK for months now but no announcement here. Kind of disappointing.

[quote name='Felder71']Pikmin 3? You know something I don't?

I'm waiting for Pikmin 2 New Control. They've had it in the UK for months now but no announcement here. Kind of disappointing.[/QUOTE]

They are making Pikmin 3. It was confirmed by Miyamoto at last years E3 in a developers conference. However, as far as I know the platform has not been mentioned and some believe it could be a DS game. I certainly hope not. Who knows when it is coming out though since we haven't seen anything about it yet. Of course, that doesn't mean a whole lot when talking about Nintendo.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']If anyone sees any copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (360) for $7.48 please let me know. Thanks!!

If you see any more for 7.50 please let me know. Or please pick me up a copy if there is only a few copies left.[/QUOTE]

There are like 20 at the Edgewood Target in East Atlanta. I'll PM you to make sure you get the message.

[quote name='Felder71']Pikmin 3? You know something I don't?

I'm waiting for Pikmin 2 New Control. They've had it in the UK for months now but no announcement here. Kind of disappointing.[/QUOTE]

Me too, Pikmin 2 was such a total and utter improvement on the original that I only want the sequel. I had it, lent it to a friend, and then he moved to Russia.

I'm more than happy to buy that game again as it was in my top 5 GC games.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Me too, Pikmin 2 was such a total and utter improvement on the original that I only want the sequel. I had it, lent it to a friend, and then he moved to Russia.

I'm more than happy to buy that game again as it was in my top 5 GC games.[/QUOTE]

I sold my GC version of Pikmin 2 for $30 in January, knowing that New Control should be arriving in the near future. Oh well. Plenty busy with tons of other games anyway.

I read they modified Pikmin to not have the 30 day time limit business to make it more like Pikmin 2. Another reason I had interest in checking it out.

[quote name='Fatbot3']There are like 20 at the Edgewood Target in East Atlanta. I'll PM you to make sure you get the message.[/QUOTE]

Dang, I wish the target up here at Mall of Ga would have good drops like that...they always have jack squat when I go by. It's very disappointing...

I just found 360 version of Guitar Hero: World Tour, with wireless guitar for $22.48 at the Target on Sidney Marcus. As far as I could tell, I got the only one, but it might be worth checking out this/other Targets =)

[quote name='Enron']There's still some there. Was at Edgewood BB this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the heads up. Picked one up today. The GH3 guitar is by far my favorite.

[quote name='golddbz2000']Dang, I wish the target up here at Mall of Ga would have good drops like that...they always have jack squat when I go by. It's very disappointing...[/QUOTE]
That Target is always D.O.A. (and the last to drop prices). I think either employees or other gamers clean them out. I tend to stay clear of spots where there is a GS nearby (just a big waste of time). For about 4 Mondays (on days off), I showed up there between 8:30-8:45 am and games I saw on Sunday nights were already gone.

[quote name='Gond']I just found 360 version of Guitar Hero: World Tour, with wireless guitar for $22.48 at the Target on Sidney Marcus. As far as I could tell, I got the only one, but it might be worth checking out this/other Targets =)[/QUOTE]

There's one left at the one in Stone Mountain, but it's still stuck at $44.98.....for over a month now.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']There's one left at the one in Stone Mountain, but it's still stuck at $44.98.....for over a month now.[/QUOTE]That's a negative ghostrider. I was there Thursday and typed in the code into a scanner and it's now 22.48. There's also two 360 bundles at the one by northlake mall for the same price. They're on an endcap on your left as you approach electronics, not on the clearance endcap or game area. Been debating picking one of those up, but I'll just wait until GH:WT gets cheap by itself, like when Sears inevitably clearances it and it goes all the way down to $5 cause they have so many. They also had a restock of Prince Of Persia 360 for 15 and a 360 FEAR 2 for 15.

I can't believe it but I found THREE more 360 GH:WT Drum Kits for $50 and another Wii Drum Kit for $60 at another store. Why are these getting clearanced out? I haven't seen a GH5 drum kit or band bundle. Is there one? I was strategizing to get a GH:WT band bundle or drum kit when they got cleared out because of the new GH5 band bundles, but I haven't seen any band bundles which would mean they probably wouldn't clear out the GH:WT ones if there's no new version to replace it. Wish I wouldn't have used my $15 giftcard at that store. I got a BR marked 24 on sale for 13 and a CD. Found out later the BR's new regular price was 15 so it was 2 bucks off and I saw blockbuster selling the CD (a little cheaper too)which I could have used the little credit I have on it. $35 for the drum kit would be very tempting.

EDIT: That was the last 360 GH:WT guitar bundle at Sydney Marcus. I was debating picking it up or I woulda had it Monday. There was just a PS2 bundle with wireless guitar on Thursday.

[quote name='jdawgg76']That's a negative ghostrider. I was there Thursday and typed in the code into a scanner and it's now 22.48. There's also two 360 bundles at the one by northlake mall for the same price. They're on an endcap on your left as you approach electronics, not on the clearance endcap or game area. Been debating picking one of those up, but I'll just wait until GH:WT gets cheap by itself, like when Sears inevitably clearances it and it goes all the way down to $5 cause they have so many. They also had a restock of Prince Of Persia 360 for 15 and a 360 FEAR 2 for 15.
[/QUOTE]

Where did you see those PoP's for 360?

There are no band bundles for GH5. Here's how you Activision broke it up:

Guitar Hero 5:
Standalone Game
Game With Guitar

Band Hero:
Standalone Game
Full Band (including the upgraded GH5 guitar and an improved drum set, although it's mostly the same)

My guess is you'll see standalone drum sets with the newer version by the time Band Hero comes out.
I believe Activision probably couldn't get the shelf space for two new full band sets.

I was going to pre-order DJ Hero when I saw Felder71 mentioning BH. I totally forgot that game was coming out. I'll definitely save my loot for now (until a very nice bonus comes along warranting a $120 purchase). With so many GH/RB games and bundles in the stores now, and due to it's price, and other "must haves" coming, I'm banking DJ Hero will be the casualty this season and clearanced sometime after Christmas.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I was going to pre-order DJ Hero when I saw Felder71 mentioning BH. I totally forgot that game was coming out. I'll definitely save my loot for now (until a very nice bonus comes along warranting a $120 purchase). With so many GH/RB games and bundles in the stores now, and due to it's price, and other "must haves" coming, I'm banking DJ Hero will be the casualty this season and clearanced sometime after Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. I'm very interested in DJ Hero, but not $120 interested and there's plenty to keep me busy. When I can pick it up for $80 or so, then I'll bite.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']So I guess UGA is going to have to score 70 points every game this year to have a chance.[/QUOTE]

Hey, a win's a win. ;)

[quote name='Tybee']Hey, a win's a win. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm just concerned that giving up this many points each game is going to bite back. Can they score 52 points every game? I hope so, but I'd feel better if their defense got better.

Their defense this season is like my defense in Madden '10.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Where did you see those PoP's for 360?[/QUOTE]There were a couple at North Druid and three at the Target by northlake mall. Want one? I gotta work tomorrow so go right by one or both depending on which route I go.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Yeah, but I'm just concerned that giving up this many points each game is going to bite back. Can they score 52 points every game? I hope so, but I'd feel better if their defense got better.

Their defense this season is like my defense in Madden '10.[/QUOTE]They're defense better step up soon. Sounds like we should play some Madden!

[quote name='jdawgg76']

They're defense better step up soon. Sounds like we should play some Madden![/QUOTE]

I think I need to bring in my own 2nd team. I'm 2-5 in my online franchise. And that's only on Pro. I really have no idea how to run effectively or stop the pass.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous'] And that's only on Pro. I really have no idea how to run effectively or stop the pass.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that sounds like UGA!

I don't know if you can hate a man more than I hate Willie Martinez. When I was in college in the late 90s, I worked on the Georgia Bulldog Radio network for around 4 years with Scott Howard/Dantzler/Munson (not so much with him, though)/all those guys, this is especially painful for me.

I am so sick and tired of hearing how awesome Richard Samuels is because he had one good spring. They guy LOOKS like he's a converted linebacker playing RB. Thank god Caleb is able to play now. And wow, we have TEs that can CATCH. THE. BALL. FINALLY.

Hard to believe that our best defensive effort came against one of, if not THE top offense in college football.

Microcenter in Marietta has 1600 MS point cards for $9.99 and 4000 MS point cards for $19.99.

I just picked up two 4000 point cards for a total of $39.98.

They still had four 4000 point cards and five 1600 point cards left.

I don't know why I bother with the Duluth Microcenter. EVERY deal there gets snapped up by a hoarder. Once saw a guy walking out with probably 20 wireless 360 controllers ($20 sale) and when I go in they're like we just sold them all, this time someone snatched all the points cards. Sounded fishy like the employees were in on it as they didn't have matching up stories except for the fact that they were moved from gaming to all being held in customer noservice. I think for a friend of theirs who no doubt shared the wealth with them. And Marietta is too far out of the way for me. Guess I'll wait longer for Shadow Complex.

[quote name='RBH']Microcenter in Marietta has 1600 MS point cards for $9.99 and 4000 MS point cards for $19.99.

I just picked up two 4000 point cards for a total of $39.98.

They still had four 4000 point cards and five 1600 point cards left.[/QUOTE]

Marietta was empty, all the 4k cards were gone when i got there at 2. I managed a few 1600 cards. Sucks, I just wanted 1 of the 4k card but at least I got some.

[quote name='Enron']Hey, that sounds like UGA!

I don't know if you can hate a man more than I hate Willie Martinez. When I was in college in the late 90s, I worked on the Georgia Bulldog Radio network for around 4 years with Scott Howard/Dantzler/Munson (not so much with him, though)/all those guys, this is especially painful for me.

I am so sick and tired of hearing how awesome Richard Samuels is because he had one good spring. They guy LOOKS like he's a converted linebacker playing RB. Thank god Caleb is able to play now. And wow, we have TEs that can CATCH. THE. BALL. FINALLY.

Hard to believe that our best defensive effort came against one of, if not THE top offense in college football.[/QUOTE]

I was at UGA during the Goff/Donnan era. So cry me a river.

I know Willie Martinez has a reputation akin to Judas in this town, but in fairness, we've had some key defensive injuries (deja vu) that have made things a bit more challenging. Honestly, I think the guy takes too much of the blame. People knew it was going to be a rebuilding year on offense but expected our defense to be dominant. Somehow, at least thus far, the opposite has turned out to be true. So let's just ride that for now and give the defense a chance to find its footing as the season goes along. Things could be a hell of a lot worse, that's for sure.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Marietta was empty, all the 4k cards were gone when i got there at 2. I managed a few 1600 cards. Sucks, I just wanted 1 of the 4k card but at least I got some.[/QUOTE]

Sonofa....Didn't even know about this amazing sale. Will check Marietta tomorrow (it's right by my office). Hopefully, they will restock. Perhaps a forlorn hope.

bread's done
Back