Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I've been to alot of Targets (9) and with the exception of one store which had a few 360s (including a MW2LE although I dunno if it was marked down), the only consoles I've seen are ps2s.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Ditto. None whatsoever in Gwinnett. How some Targets have these on sale and Sony's not jumping on their *ss is beyond me. I'm pretty sure this deal, while YMMV, will be short lived once word gets back to Sony USA.[/QUOTE]

I know MS is not Sony, but about 1.5 years ago I got Halo Edition Xbox 360 for 75% off at Target and to my knowledge MS did not get mad. I am guessing clearance is not considered a sale, but it is all my speculation.

What % off are these 250gb PS3s?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I know MS is not Sony, but about 1.5 years ago I got Halo Edition Xbox 360 for 75% off at Target and to my knowledge MS did not get mad. I am guessing clearance is not considered a sale, but it is all my speculation.

What % off are these 250gb PS3s?[/QUOTE]

I believe they have been going for $250, so that would be about 29% off. Still, any Slim PS3 for that price straight up would be a good deal.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I know MS is not Sony, but about 1.5 years ago I got Halo Edition Xbox 360 for 75% off at Target and to my knowledge MS did not get mad. I am guessing clearance is not considered a sale, but it is all my speculation.

What % off are these 250gb PS3s?[/QUOTE]

You're right. I had a friend who scored one back then. But that wasn't $100 off MSRP 3 months after it's initial release.

I'm assuming at this point, if it's not a mistake on Target's part, it's a Sony marketing strategy to see if how well these things would sell at certain price points (for future reference). I'm guessing that is why the prices vary (from $250-$275). This would explain how it seems to be in some stores, but not in others (even if the stores are in the same states). It isn't like there are stacks of these a mile high at Targets (the most I've seen at any Target is 3) and they need to unload them.

We did this quite a few times at a company I worked for and it became a hassle (idiot store managers PMing from different stores, people buying the item, then returning it and getting over their payment in credit, etc) and we couldn't keep track of it. We finally put a disclaimer at the bottom of these ads, but that didn't help. In the end, we just stopped doing it all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I checked the store inventory thing online the other day, all locations I looked at, based out of Kennesaw, were OOS.

Sooooo, the Target I went to today had the Beatles Rock Band bundle clearanced at $174.98 :shock: Keep in mind this is NOT the version with the Beatles instruments, just regular RB2 guitar and drums.

There were 3 for the 360 and one PS3

[quote name='grundy']Sooooo, the Target I went to today had the Beatles Rock Band bundle clearanced at $174.98 :shock: Keep in mind this is NOT the version with the Beatles instruments, just regular RB2 guitar and drums.

There were 3 for the 360 and one PS3[/QUOTE]

I saw one today at the same price but it was the Beatles edition, not the one with the normal instruments. Also, picked up the latest Jak & Daxter PS2 game for 20.98.

I'm gonna need a PS3 at a good deal since somebody broke in to my apt and stole mine, along with all my blu rays wii and Xbox 360 on friday.

Yeah, I do. Just sucks that they stole all my new stuff, but left my pld stuff(gamecube,xbox,n64, dvd's). They didn't even touch my DLP which is broken. I bet maintanance had something to do with it. Also the a$$ had the nerve to drop a duece in my toilet and not flush it. I laughed when I saw it,heh. Call CSI!

Sorry for your loss Mazinga. I had the same thing happen to me about 9 years ago when I lived in an apt. Luckily I had State Farm and got everything replaced in 3 days (actually went to Circuit City and they had everything packed up and ready to go for me). State Farm was pretty pissed because I've always kept my receipts for anything I've purchased over $10 (faxed them over like 100 DVD receipts which they were trying to screw me over "moneywise" for and 50 others). Replaced all my electronics and cut me check for the DVDs. Your RI company will initially try to low-ball you, so be careful (and have receipts ready). Some companies even take pictures of your stolen items. Just make sure everything which was stolen was on the police report.

More than likely it was either maintenance, neighbors or believe it or not, friends. Neighborhood kids are notorious for B&E (cars, apts, etc). Still, breaking into someone's apt is pretty risky in this day and age (they could catch a bullet/they don't know if you have an alarm system, etc), so it was definitely someone who knew your schedule, your apt. and definitely knew you or anyone else wouldn't be there. Neighbors always come mind (who's to say you just didn't go for a bite to eat or a quick run somewhere). If they dropped a duece, they knew your schedule and knew you weren't coming back anytime soon (friends or acquaintances who've been at your home recently). Just trace back: Did you get a call that day from anyone while at work? Did anyone call your home phone that day, etc).

Ask anyone if they saw anything and you might find out who did this (you'd be surprised how noisy people are and kicking in a door or window makes a lot of noise). Also, if some things were of "personal/emotional significance" to you, you might want to check Pawn Shops within a 10 mile radius of where you live. If you see something of yours there, report it to the cops (don't tell the Pawn Shop or by time the cops get there, your stuff might disappear).

Last, once you file a claim and receive the money/items most companies will not let you file another claim for almost 2-3 years. Get an alarm installed. I ran across this when I tried to get Home Owners Insurance through State Farm when I bought my house. They rejected me at first, then when I called to cancel my coverage with them (I have about 10 things covered: everything from cars, wedding ring to my video game consoles), they changed their mind and approved me. *ssholes!!

I see that a gamestop loganville has a used GC broadband adapter in stock for $0.99. Unfortunately I'm never anywhere near Loganville. Is there anyone who lives out that way who works in the Marietta area, or vice versa? I'd be happy to cover the cost and a couple gallons of gas, or something for your trouble or exchange it for a movie or two off my tradelist. PM me or drop a message here to see if we can work something out.

[quote name='hpbbes']I see that a gamestop loganville has a used GC broadband adapter in stock for $0.99. Unfortunately I'm never anywhere near Loganville. Is there anyone who lives out that way who works in the Marietta area, or vice versa? I'd be happy to cover the cost and a couple gallons of gas, or something for your trouble or exchange it for a movie or two off my tradelist. PM me or drop a message here to see if we can work something out.[/QUOTE]
WHERE'S LOGANVILLE?!

I thought you were referencing a movie I hadn't seen so I google'd Maxie Price to find out who he/she was. I moved here in June 2008 and until today had never heard that before.

Sorry for your loss Manzinga, that really sucks. Although I've had a vehicle stolen from my apartment's parking lot in the afternoon, I've never had anyone rob my home. Dogs = Nature's Alarm and Defense System, used for centuries! I go with a really loud one (beagle) that barks like crazy if a stranger touches the door paired with a quiet one that will bite those that don't live there. (If you don't trust your neighbors, put on a show and let them see you walking a muzzled dog a few times, they'll get the idea). I hope your renters insurance takes care of you.

Oh and don't worry hpbbs, the Maxie Price thing went right over my head too.

[quote name='hpbbes']I thought you were referencing a movie I hadn't seen so I google'd Maxie Price to find out who he/she was. I moved here in June 2008 and until today had never heard that before.[/QUOTE]
:lol:

That was a catch phrase for their TV ads from the 1990's into early 2000.

But I think the Maxie Price tagline may go back as far as the 1970's. My north Ga high school played Loganville one football season and I remember all of us cracking over that commercial.

[quote name='Bigdog']But I think the Maxie Price tagline may go back as far as the 1970's. My north Ga high school played Loganville one football season and I remember all of us cracking over that commercial.[/QUOTE]

Could be- I never saw it until I lived in Athens. I grew up "Under the BIG SIGN."

[quote name='chuckie88']Sorry for your loss Manzinga, that really sucks. Although I've had a vehicle stolen from my apartment's parking lot in the afternoon, I've never had anyone rob my home. Dogs = Nature's Alarm and Defense System, used for centuries! I go with a really loud one (beagle) that barks like crazy if a stranger touches the door paired with a quiet one that will bite those that don't live there. (If you don't trust your neighbors, put on a show and let them see you walking a muzzled dog a few times, they'll get the idea). I hope your renters insurance takes care of you.[/QUOTE]

This. Ask any police officer and they'll tell you, dogs are simply the best crime deterrent there is (and that includes security systems). It doesn't even have to be a big dog or a dog you would traditionally think of as a "security dog." It could be a shih tzu as long as it barks. Because it's the noise that deters would-be burglars. It attracts attention, and dogs bark differently when something is really wrong (if you own dogs, you know what I'm talking about). Most burglars, especially if they're targeting a single big-ticket item like a TV, figure they can be in and out before anyone responds to an alarm. But dogs have to be dealt with, and it's just not worth it to them.

Ok forget my request. I called the store in Loganville and it's not a GC broadband adapter, it's a receiver for a wireless controller.

[quote name='hpbbes']Ok forget my request. I called the store in Loganville and it's not a GC broadband adapter, it's a receiver for a wireless controller.[/QUOTE]

Sent you a PM.

I don't suppose any of you fine folks have an extra terminus armor code from GS do you? I wasn't able to pre order and my game didn't have the card in it.

Guys I need your help. I have a brand new sealed Xbox 360 Elite 120GB that I received as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately no receipt or gift receipt. I already have an Xbox. I am looking to trade it for a brand new sealed PS3 Slim 120GB. Can someone help me out?

I've got a stupid question. It's a rare day that I'll buy a new game from Gamestop because they always open them and have stickers all over the cases, but if you buy a new game from them online are they sealed when you get them? I assume they are, but I'd also assume they know opening a case and selling it as new is a bit f'd up too. Anyone order from them online before?

[quote name='gsugator']Guys I need your help. I have a brand new sealed Xbox 360 Elite 120GB that I received as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately no receipt or gift receipt. I already have an Xbox. I am looking to trade it for a brand new sealed PS3 Slim 120GB. Can someone help me out?[/QUOTE]

Return it to Wal-Mart. http://www.walmart.com/cp/Returns-Policy/538459

Mitch, I'm being lazy tonight so I didn't read the policy link you provided, but isn't there a price limit on an item being returned without receipt? I remember having the same problem a few years back and I ended up keeping the 360.

[quote name='GibbGA']I've got a stupid question. It's a rare day that I'll buy a new game from Gamestop because they always open them and have stickers all over the cases, but if you buy a new game from them online are they sealed when you get them? I assume they are, but I'd also assume they know opening a case and selling it as new is a bit f'd up too. Anyone order from them online before?[/QUOTE]

I don't order from them much online (99% of the time Amazon is cheaper), but I've always received a shrinkwrapped copy when I did, assuming I purchased a new game.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Mitch, I'm being lazy tonight so I didn't read the policy link you provided, but isn't there a price limit on an item being returned without receipt? I remember having the same problem a few years back and I ended up keeping the 360.[/QUOTE]

Ditto on the laziness issue this morning. I do know that about 2 months ago I tried to exchange a new, shrink wrapped game that someone bought me for the PS3 that I wanted on the Xbox w/o a receipt that retailed for $60, and they refused to do it.

[quote name='Felder71']I don't order from them much online (99% of the time Amazon is cheaper), but I've always received a shrinkwrapped copy when I did, assuming I purchased a new game.[/QUOTE]

Thx! I figured it would be sealed, but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered because I don't think I've ever ordered new games from them online.

Regarding Maxie Price, my favorite ad was a little later when he did the "Too many trucks! TOO many trucks!" promo.

And another commercial question: about 20-25 years ago there was one where the musical tagline was: 4801, 4801, 4801 Buford Highway!" For the life of me, I can't remember what this was for!

Some of my friends speculated it was for Wolfman and Donna, but I know this pre-dates them

[quote name='grundy']
And another commercial question: about 20-25 years ago there was one where the musical tagline was: 4801, 4801, 4801 Buford Highway!" For the life of me, I can't remember what this was for!

Some of my friends speculated it was for Wolfman and Donna, but I know this pre-dates them[/QUOTE]

I believe that was the buford highway flea market.

[quote name='gsugator']Guys I need your help. I have a brand new sealed Xbox 360 Elite 120GB that I received as a Christmas gift. Unfortunately no receipt or gift receipt. I already have an Xbox. I am looking to trade it for a brand new sealed PS3 Slim 120GB. Can someone help me out?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mitch079']Return it to Wal-Mart. http://www.walmart.com/cp/Returns-Policy/538459[/QUOTE]

I think you might be stuck with it. Xbox 360s are UPC/Serial # specific. They (Walmart, as well as all the retailers) actually scan the UPC/Serial which is exposed on the back of the console at checkout. It tells when and where the console was purchased (and they can use this to check to see if you bought it from them). Some of you still have your receipts can see that your UPC/Serial is on there. Believe it or not, MS can also check to make sure the console isn't stolen, banned, etc. when you go online with it based off that UPC.

One of the buttons on my son's DJ Hero (which I got from GS for $60) started to act up and my wife returned it to Walmart for another (Against my better wishes. She doesn't care that it's return fraud like I do. I guess it's from me being in Advertising/Retail my whole life). They gave her a new one with no problem ($119!!!).

I know it sounds like an **hole move, but ask whoever gave it to you where they purchased it from and return it there. Tell the person you started to have some trouble with it and want to exchange it for a new one.

Walmart only gives you 3 returns without a receipt a year, so make sure it's worth it (a $200 console is).

Be careful on any decision you make. Any store is going to open it to make sure there isn't "a box of bricks" in it.

On a side note: No $29 MW2 or Halo ODST at TJ Maxx in the Gwinnett Area (I hit 5 while running errands yesterday with no luck).

Not a bad idea, a little white lie to spare feelings.

I think the no receipt policy is now three within a 45 day period now, although it used to be 3 a year. Plus since it's after Christmas they may be more flexible.

Did you mean TJ MAxx instead of Target?

Yeah. Sorry JDawgg76 (edited my post). No dice at St. Mtn location either. Might be heading to Winder/Athens next week, so I'll check there.

EDIT: None at TJMaxx in Tucker (next to Northlake Mall).

Beatles Rock Band LE package at the Atlantic Station Target, 124.99 (360) if anyone is looking for one. Bunch of Fire Emblem DS for 14.95 too, but i passed.

According to the cs pc in Sam's I got the last Batman AA within 100 miles. There are a few stores with Punchout (9) and several that have Killzone 2 (12). None have inFamous.

Target Sydney Marcus has a million PS3 skate 2 at 50% off and a bunch of 360 Shawn White Snowboarding @ 30% off. Target @ Northlake has a ton of SWSB and 360 RE5 at 30% off. Also has a Bionic Commando at 15 bucks.

[quote name='grundy']Regarding Maxie Price, my favorite ad was a little later when he did the "Too many trucks! TOO many trucks!" promo.

Some of my friends speculated it was for Wolfman and Donna, but I know this pre-dates them[/QUOTE]
:lol:
In the depths of my mind I just heard Dusty Rhodes slap a vans hood and say "Tom Stimus number one in America BAY BEE!"

[quote name='jdawgg76']According to the cs pc in Sam's I got the last Batman AA within 100 miles. There are a few stores with Punchout (9)[/QUOTE]
Do you happen to remember if the Sam's in Marietta had Punch-Out!! in stock? Or, if anyone's willing to pick one up, I'd gladly pay for cost, shipping, etc. via PayPal. :)

[quote name='PixelChief']Do you happen to remember if the Sam's in Marietta had Punch-Out!! in stock? Or, if anyone's willing to pick one up, I'd gladly pay for cost, shipping, etc. via PayPal. :)[/QUOTE]Sorry, don't remember if Marietta had it or not.

Has anyone seen any non-ridiculously-overpriced PS3's in the area? I'm in Sandy Springs and none of the traditional games stores have them (not even used), nor do Targets/Walmarts in the area. I really don't want to pay more than 300 dollars. I've been craigslisting but I haven't gotten any responses. My boyfriend's house was broken into about a month ago and his PS3 and some blurays were stolen, so I'd like to replace it for us. I thought it'd be as easy as it sounds.

[quote name='pockie']Has anyone seen any non-ridiculously-overpriced PS3's in the area? I'm in Sandy Springs and none of the traditional games stores have them (not even used), nor do Targets/Walmarts in the area. I really don't want to pay more than 300 dollars. I've been craigslisting but I haven't gotten any responses. My boyfriend's house was broken into about a month ago and his PS3 and some blurays were stolen, so I'd like to replace it for us. I thought it'd be as easy as it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Any reason why you wouldn't get one from Amazon? They are in stock, free shipping, no tax. I know that a store has instant gratification, but considering you can't find any around, this seems pretty good, and you'll save on tax.

Yeah, it's definitely just me being impatient and wanting to have my hands on one this weekend. I didn't realize amazon had the free shipping deal going on. That looks like my best bet.

[quote name='pockie']Yeah, it's definitely just me being impatient and wanting to have my hands on one this weekend. I didn't realize amazon had the free shipping deal going on. That looks like my best bet.[/QUOTE]

Most items (or combinations of items) over $25 on Amazon are free shipping, all the time.

You might even get lucky and get offered a free trial of Amazon PRIME, which will give you between 1 and 3 months of free 2-day (or 1-day for pretty cheap) shipping. Just make sure to go into your settings and turn off auto-renew or when the trial ends they'll sign you up for a year for $70.

[quote name='pockie']Has anyone seen any non-ridiculously-overpriced PS3's in the area? I'm in Sandy Springs and none of the traditional games stores have them (not even used), nor do Targets/Walmarts in the area. I really don't want to pay more than 300 dollars. I've been craigslisting but I haven't gotten any responses. My boyfriend's house was broken into about a month ago and his PS3 and some blurays were stolen, so I'd like to replace it for us. I thought it'd be as easy as it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Walmart and Best Buy received shipments early this week but are probably out. Check the Sunday circulars. I was able to get a PS3 at Best Buy in Snellville on Monday.

Micro Center just marked down their 80GB refurbished models to $259. However, it only comes with a 90 day warranty. If you're interested, call and check if they can let you purchase an extended warranty to go with it (90 days wouldn't cut it and I'm not sure if Sony offers the 1 year on refurbished models not coming directly from them).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Micro Center just marked down their 80GB refurbished models to $259. However, it only comes with a 90 day warranty. If you're interested, call and check if they can let you purchase an extended warranty to go with it (90 days wouldn't cut it and I'm not sure if Sony offers the 1 year on refurbished models not coming directly from them).[/QUOTE]

Is there an advantage to the 80GB model? I would think if you're going to buy a refurb and and extended warranty, you might as well buy the $299 model. I'm not a PS3 owner, so maybe I'm missing something. Is that the one that is completely BC, or something?

If any of you are guide collectors Fry's in Alpharetta has Zelda: Spirit Tracks CE and Mass Effect 2 CE on sale for $20 (normally $30). They also had the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance guide by Sybex for PS2 for just $2.

bread's done
Back