Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Target Johns Creek has 3 Beatles Special Edition for $125 as of this morning. Pretty sweet deal, but I already have the game and I'm holding out for the RB3 instruments, hoping for some nice enhancements.

[quote name='neocisco'] They also had the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance guide by Sybex for PS2 for just $2.[/QUOTE]

Is this guide rare/valuable?? I would think that might be the case. If so, why didn't you jump on it? (Metaphoricaly, not literally)

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is this guide rare/valuable?? I would think that might be the case. If so, why didn't you jump on it? (Metaphoricaly, not literally)[/QUOTE]

I checked ebay and found one listing for the Sybex BG: DA and it didn't sell at $13. The BG: DA II guide from Prima was the more rare one at one point but I don't think the first BG: DA guide (from any publisher) ever reached rare status. Besides, I have far too many guides in my home as it is. :)

Metroid Prime Trilogy @ 29.97 (unmarked - in the case @ 49.99) - 1 left @ Johnson's Ferry Sears. May or may not be there as the cashier was saying how her brother in NC liked the game and after it rang up on clearance, I told her if she wants it, she should grab the last one.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is there an advantage to the 80GB model? I would think if you're going to buy a refurb and and extended warranty, you might as well buy the $299 model. I'm not a PS3 owner, so maybe I'm missing something. Is that the one that is completely BC, or something?[/QUOTE]
Not really unless you're familiar with Linux (then the options are limitless). I'm sure these models are not BC. Pockie was just looking for the cheapest price on them and this seems to be the cheapest and the most convenient.

I agree with you, if you're spending $250, you might as well spend $300 with no worries. But if MC offers a warranty over 1 year, it might be worth it. I'll don't mind refurbs on most electronics, but I'm always skeptical when it comes down to video game consoles.

If anybody sees Tony Hawk Ride, or Lips #1 drop to $30 and $15 at Target today, let me know. The West Marietta, and kennesaw stores were still $60/30

[quote name='dogmae']If anybody sees Tony Hawk Ride, or Lips #1 drop to $30 and $15 at Target today, let me know. The West Marietta, and kennesaw stores were still $60/30[/QUOTE]

At $30, I'd probably give Tony Hawk Ride a try.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Not really unless you're familiar with Linux (then the options are limitless). I'm sure these models are not BC. Pockie was just looking for the cheapest price on them and this seems to be the cheapest and the most convenient.

I agree with you, if you're spending $250, you might as well spend $300 with no worries. But if MC offers a warranty over 1 year, it might be worth it. I'll don't mind refurbs on most electronics, but I'm always skeptical when it comes down to video game consoles.[/QUOTE]

Fry's had some refurb 80GB for $250 a while back. Those weren't BC with PS2 games, so the MicroCenter's ones probably aren't either. Those Fry's refurbs were directly from Sony, so they should be of decent quality.

If you looking for a BC PS3 at a reasonable price Gamestop.com still sells them for $279...

Does Micro Center still have MS 1600 point cards for $12.99? Going to need some to download "Rust in Peace" and the new Borderlands DLC (IF the rumor is true about the Feb 23rd release date :bouncy:).

And I, too would like to know if any of the Targets have Lips #1 hits for $15 so I can make a singing fool of myself in the privacy of my own home instead of doing it at the bar

In East Cobb- I know where one Tony Hawk ride (with board) bundle is for 75% off (Making it @$29). First one to PM me gets the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Micro Center has Halo Wars for $9 today, local Pick-up.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252782
or
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0328974

According to the website the Marietta Store has 41. I would recommend doing an online purchase with in-store pick-up.[/QUOTE]

Considering I've played it for a total of 2 hours, I'm beating my head against the wall for picking this up for $50 on release. Oh well...that'll teach me!

[quote name='animemaniac14']wow marietta is COMPLETELY sold out...fuck me

how the hell did 41 copies disappear in a matter of hours?[/QUOTE]
When I picked up my copy there were several stacks of multiple copies bundled together at the in-store pick-up desk. (hoarders and flippers). My cashier also said she personally rang up several copies.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']When I picked up my copy there were several stacks of multiple copies bundled together at the in-store pick-up desk. (hoarders and flippers). My cashier also said she personally rang up several copies.[/QUOTE]

she personally rang them up for herself or for the hoarders/flippers?

[quote name='animemaniac14']she personally rang them up for herself or for the hoarders/flippers?[/QUOTE]
Both. LOL!! I might go and check out GP location in a bit. This obviously means they've marked some of their other games down as well. Already have Halo Wars. Bought it for my son at launch (like Felder71), now it just sits on his desk collecting dust.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Both. LOL!! I might go and check out GP location in a bit. This obviously means they've marked some of their other games down as well. Already have Halo Wars. Bought it for my son at launch, now it just sits on his desk collecting dust.[/QUOTE]

and this is why i don't have kids...because they'd follow in their father's footsteps of leaving games to collect dust o_O

I bought into the hype and picked up a "Halo Wars" from the Duluth location this afternoon. I used the 'in-store pick up' feature, rather than wait until my actual lunch hour, as I saw the stock numbers were declining every time I refreshed the Micro Center site. Smooth transaction all around. Even sat outside to eat my Checkers!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Still like 3-4 Rock Band Beatles at the TC Target for around $125. PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe they've lasted that long. I'd be in for one, except I have RB Beatles game and with RB3 probably coming out this year, we may get some instrument refreshes that will be better.

I had no problems picking up DA:O for 30 today at the Best buy on Cobb parkway. The screen had a yes/no pop up, but the cashier let it go through. She did read through the coupon as well.

So, is Wal-Mart going to stop carrying DVD TV Box sets? Maybe they're still finishing the new relay, but most of the stores I've been in recently have a VERY condensed section of these, and some had maybe a tiny endcap facing the main....thoroughfare? One or two stores didn't have any at all

On the upside, I did get Season 1 of The Bernie Mac Show for $9 :bouncy:

[quote name='animemaniac14']and this is why i don't have kids...because they'd follow in their father's footsteps of leaving games to collect dust o_O[/QUOTE]
LOL! And he won't let me trade it in because he occasionally (once or twice a month) plays it (and it's Halo...even if it's an RTS).

I picked up RE5 for the 360 today from Target. But seeing as I own a PS3 and not a 360, I would love to trade for or know where I can find the PS3 version for $10. Any help is appreciated!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The original or mass effect 2?[/QUOTE]

keep dreaming
:)
the limited edition of mass effect 1 was only available at select online retailers.

Anyone else out there have incredibly slow download speeds (>100kbs) on their PS3s? My average speed tests from my desktop have download speeds such as: 13496 Kbps or 13.5 Mbps (1647 kB/s) and my 360 can download items fairly fast as well.

I have Comcast cable and have read a few things on forums about Comcast possibly throttling PS3 traffic, but I am not sure.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone else out there have incredibly slow download speeds (>100kbs) on their PS3s? My average speed tests from my desktop have download speeds such as: 13496 Kbps or 13.5 Mbps (1647 kB/s) and my 360 can download items fairly fast as well.

I have Comcast cable and have read a few things on forums about Comcast possibly throttling PS3 traffic, but I am not sure.[/QUOTE]

I too feel like my PS3 download speed is much slower compared to my internet and 360 download speeds. I have Comcast too.

I don't think it is comcast.
I have fiber and the difference shows even more than when I had HS-DSL. Where the PS3's top DL speed is (or seems to be) static the 360's DL speeds increase with more bandwidth.
Couple that with the frequencies of updates and the installs + restarts for the ps3 (vs the 360's occasional restart only) and it gets very frustrating.

[quote name='mitch079']Saw a Mass Effect CE @ Walmart on 41 in Acworth (the one more north towards Mars Hill)[/QUOTE]

Is Wal-Mart clearancing this, or is it just hard to find now?

[quote name='gsugator']I too feel like my PS3 download speed is much slower compared to my internet and 360 download speeds. I have Comcast too.[/QUOTE]

I was noticing it last night. Might just be my imagination. I doubt it's deliberate (at least on Comcast's part). They can't even get the World of More channels and the new menu upgrade distributed locally. I seriously doubt they have the wherewithal to target traffic from PS3s specifically (especially when there are other devices drawing bandwidth from that same location simultaneously). More likely, it's the fault of the PS3 itself.

I've only used the Netflix feature a couple of times and there weren't any buffering issues that I remember. I lived in Massachusetts before I moved down here and had Charter as my cable/internet provider and PSN was always a lot slower than my normal d/l speeds.

dan

[quote name='Tybee']Is Wal-Mart clearancing this, or is it just hard to find now?

I was noticing it last night. Might just be my imagination. I doubt it's deliberate (at least on Comcast's part). They can't even get the World of More channels and the new menu upgrade distributed locally. I seriously doubt they have the wherewithal to target traffic from PS3s specifically (especially when there are other devices drawing bandwidth from that same location simultaneously). More likely, it's the fault of the PS3 itself.[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a price tag on it in the case. I figured it was still full price and that it was becoming hard to find so if anyone was still looking for one, there ya go.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I have Comcast cable and have read a few things on forums about Comcast possibly throttling PS3 traffic, but I am not sure.[/QUOTE]

I personally think it's a PSN issue. However, you never know. A lot of cable and telephone companies are trying to figure out ways to limit/throttle gaming console's bandwidth/accessibility (in order to eventually try to get you to pay more or upgrade your account).

And if ever experience problems which need their attention (cable or telephone), never, ever mention anything about a video game console. Their new tactic is to attempt to "tack on" an additional fee for that service (Yes, to play games online which you already do. This fee varies from company to company anywhere from an extra $10 a month to $20).

1 Band hero bundle for $50 left at the Smyrnietta store, and 1 Beatles rock band bundle for $63 left at the barret parkway store.

^
Barret pkwy didn't have any MW2, and I didn't notice any at west marietta and smyrnietta , but I didn't look too hard for it at those

I'm looking for RE5 and GTAIV: Episodes from Liberty City (both 360) clearanced at Target if anybody finds any I'd really appreciate the help.

Nothing of any note at the Cobb Pkwy Target yesterday. Checked the Windy Hill area Target today and grabbed a copy of Guitar Hero Smash Hits (360) for $9.98 leaving one more. Other titles I noticed were a couple Guitar Hero Metallica (Wii) for $9.98 and two Fire Emblem titles for the DS at $7.98.

I also snagged a Guitar Hero 5 (360) tagged at $29.98 but am on the fence about opening it.
I'm not sure if this a good deal or not and may return it, anybody have any advice on the matter?

Target at Roswell and johnson's ferry had RE5 last week for $10. I bought a copy hoping to trade it for the PS3 version if they're sold out. Let me know.

I still want to find the PS3 version for less than $15, so if anyone sees it let me know. Don't make me buy the Gold edition next week!

bread's done
Back