Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Sideswiper']I called BestBuys, GameStops, Microcenter, hhgreg, Sears, and Brandsmart... no luck.[/QUOTE]You try any Blockbusters, especially ones with a gamerush?

Looked online, Target in Smyrna and Morrow says they have some 120gbs in stock. Closest to 31162 zip code since you mentioned Edgewood.

[quote name='mitch079']Looked online, Target in Smyrna and Morrow says they have some 120gbs in stock. Closest to 31162 zip code since you mentioned Edgewood.[/QUOTE]
I've seen them around me at every other Target in Cobb, I wasn't paying specific attention though. I'll PM specifics after I check stores tomorrow.

Pretty nice score at the Northpoint Target tonight:

3x XBOX 360 wired controllers for $10 each (two for coworkers)
The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for PC, $10 (one left there)
Some Wii Essentials kit that has some crap, BUT it has component cables, rechargeable batteries, a wireless sensor bar, and the usual fake tennis raquet type crap. $10 seemed like a fair price for the cable and the batteries.

Also, they are FINALLY marking down GH:=VH= for PS2. I'll be picking one of those up-- hopefully for $10. If anyone spots it hitting $20 or less, please let me know! Thx!

[quote name='El Gray']Pretty nice score at the Northpoint Target tonight:

3x XBOX 360 wired controllers for $10 each (two for coworkers)
The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition for PC, $10 (one left there)
Some Wii Essentials kit that has some crap, BUT it has component cables, rechargeable batteries, a wireless sensor bar, and the usual fake tennis raquet type crap. $10 seemed like a fair price for the cable and the batteries.

Also, they are FINALLY marking down GH:=VH= for PS2. I'll be picking one of those up-- hopefully for $10. If anyone spots it hitting $20 or less, please let me know! Thx![/QUOTE]

Not a bad find. Please keep posting the Target finds on this thread. My favorite Target (St. Mountain) closed and now I am relegated to the Snellville Target, which sucks.

[quote name='gsugator']Not a bad find. Please keep posting the Target finds on this thread. My favorite Target (St. Mountain) closed and now I am relegated to the Snellville Target, which sucks.[/QUOTE]

I agree! That Target (on Scenic) is garbage. You can show up there at 9 am on a Monday and the place is already cleaned out (I assume by employees, soccer moms and ebayers). I just drive right past it now.

Try the one next to the movie theatre (PM me if you don't know it). I've gotten some pretty good deals there (and hooked up fellow CAGs). The electronics manager (who is also a gamer) is cool. One time, I was almost tempted to tell him about CAG, but decided against it. That would just be idiotic :)

[quote name='gsugator']Not a bad find. Please keep posting the Target finds on this thread. My favorite Target (St. Mountain) closed and now I am relegated to the Snellville Target, which sucks.[/QUOTE]

Anybody know why they closed that one? I was kinda surprised.

[quote name='whisper22']Anybody know why they closed that one? I was kinda surprised.[/QUOTE]

According to a friend of mine who gave me a heads up about their closing, it was due to sales and location was a big factor in that.

[quote name='gsugator']According to a friend of mine who gave me a heads up about their closing, it was due to sales and location was a big factor in that.[/QUOTE]

True. Horrible location. Nothing really survives when placed next to or on 78. It's a nightmare getting in and out of there and most people only shop in that area on their way to and/or from work, home or going somewhere else and decide to make a pitstop.

If anyone sees a store (TRU, Target where they have the ten off if you buy both deal) that has BOTH Toy Story 1 & 2 BRs in Bluray cases around metro area or up 85 please let me know. EVERY single store has had one or the other, but not both.

[quote name='jdawgg76']If anyone sees a store (TRU, Target where they have the ten off if you buy both deal) that has BOTH Toy Story 1 & 2 BRs in Bluray cases around metro area or up 85 please let me know. EVERY single store has had one or the other, but not both.[/QUOTE]
I'll check the Targets around me (Gwinnett) tomorrow (I haven't been out this week anyway).

[quote name='jdawgg76']If anyone sees a store (TRU, Target where they have the ten off if you buy both deal) that has BOTH Toy Story 1 & 2 BRs in Bluray cases around metro area or up 85 please let me know. EVERY single store has had one or the other, but not both.[/QUOTE]

I got both at the TRU on Cobb Pkwy this evening around 6:45. I pre-ordered at this location. Most of the TRU's around town had a shipment problem and didn't get the Blu-ray case versions (the sets are identical except for the cases -- whether they come in DVD case or Blu-ray case, both contain the Blu-ray and the DVD). They had just gotten the FedEx'd box shortly before I got there. They hadn't had a chance to put them on the shelves yet, so the box was sitting in a shopping cart. It appeared to contain at least 10 each of TS 1 & 2 in the Blu-ray cases.

I assume you know about the myriad of deals surrounding these, most importantly, the $10 coupons?

Kennesaw BB had 2 dozen 120gb PS3's tonight.

I got the last BR-packaged Toy Story 2 (at least that I could find) along with BR TS1. I matched Fry's and got them for $15 each. I didn't realize they're packaging the BR in with the DVD version as well.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I'll check the Targets around me (Gwinnett) tomorrow (I haven't been out this week anyway).[/QUOTE]Thanks, but I found a Target with several of each last night. Tried to pm Fry's but the old lady's a real stickler and wouldn't pm the price and the ten off even though fry's advertised it and Target is doing it. Really doubt she'd let me use the coupons with a pm.

[quote name='Tybee']I got both at the TRU on Cobb Pkwy this evening around 6:45. I pre-ordered at this location. Most of the TRU's around town had a shipment problem and didn't get the Blu-ray case versions (the sets are identical except for the cases -- whether they come in DVD case or Blu-ray case, both contain the Blu-ray and the DVD). They had just gotten the FedEx'd box shortly before I got there. They hadn't had a chance to put them on the shelves yet, so the box was sitting in a shopping cart. It appeared to contain at least 10 each of TS 1 & 2 in the Blu-ray cases.

I assume you know about the myriad of deals surrounding these, most importantly, the $10 coupons?[/QUOTE]I found some TRU giftcards I need to use up so I'll hope they got them in downtown or one on the way home. If not, I'll go back to that Target. And yeah, I've got the $10 upgrade coupons, thanks. Now, I really wish I had done the TRU preorder deal since I would have gotten a better deal on PatF and already secured TS1&2. I had already gotten PatF from Target and opened it before anyone posted the TRU preorder deal.

[quote name='neocisco']Kennesaw BB had 2 dozen 120gb PS3's tonight.

I got the last BR-packaged Toy Story 2 (at least that I could find) along with BR TS1. I matched Fry's and got them for $15 each. I didn't realize they're packaging the BR in with the DVD version as well.[/QUOTE]Lucky.

Hey guys, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread. I live in Columbus, GA, about 2 hours away from ATL for the guys that don't know where Columbus is, and I'm trying to get my RROD fixed on my 360. Are there any reliable and decent priced console repair stores in ATL? I am looking to ship it in... :/
Hope some of you guys can help me. Thanks!

[quote name='sang321']Hey guys, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread. I live in Columbus, GA, about 2 hours away from ATL for the guys that don't know where Columbus is, and I'm trying to get my RROD fixed on my 360. Are there any reliable and decent priced console repair stores in ATL? I am looking to ship it in... :/
Hope some of you guys can help me. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't really know of any repair stores, but if you've had it for less than three years I'd suggest just sending it in to Microsoft.

[quote name='sang321']Hey guys, this is the first time I'm posting in this thread. I live in Columbus, GA, about 2 hours away from ATL for the guys that don't know where Columbus is, and I'm trying to get my RROD fixed on my 360. Are there any reliable and decent priced console repair stores in ATL? I am looking to ship it in... :/

Send it in to Microsoft. Mine got RRoD a few months ago, I sent it in to MS on a Friday, and received it back the next Friday.

Anyone see some $10 XB360 wired controllers at Target? Need one for my PC...you know since they no longer make the wireless gaming receiver...well, they do, but you have to buy it with a controller, and I'm not spending $60 on that

I concur with everyone above. Send it back to MS. I've had friends send theirs back (with and without the warranty sticker) with no issues. Just make sure you give them the correct error code/situation which is covered.

If you can't (or get denied) there are tons of people on the Craigslist Atlanta that can fix it (Just be careful. The cheapest isn't always the best and some are known to keep your 360 and run).

[quote name='grundy']Anyone see some $10 XB360 wired controllers at Target? Need one for my PC...you know since they no longer make the wireless gaming receiver...well, they do, but you have to buy it with a controller, and I'm not spending $60 on that[/QUOTE]

There were 3 at Northpoint on Monday, but I bought them all (for me and two coworkers). There were none at the Johnson Ferry/92 Target earlier tonight.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']True. Horrible location. Nothing really survives when placed next to or on 78. It's a nightmare getting in and out of there and most people only shop in that area on their way to and/or from work, home or going somewhere else and decide to make a pitstop.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it had a bad location and it didn't seem nearly as well kept as other targets which of course facilitated in providing lots of deals. I got a lot there including tents, luggage and a bike and a lot of gaming stuff. How old was that location as it wasn't in my two year old gps? Also, it seems like alot of stuff in that area is closing:Target, Best Buy, Blockbuster, and what's that unused stadium anyway?

[quote name='gsugator']Send it in to Microsoft. Mine got RRoD a few months ago, I sent it in to MS on a Friday, and received it back the next Friday.[/QUOTE]I sent mine in early February (E-74 error) and got it back two weeks later. Actually I should say I got back a brand new one, thanks MS! I've sent one back before for RRoD and although it took almost a month (this was right after the expansion of the length of the RRoD coverage) they sent me a brand new one with a manufacture date of three days before they shipped it to me.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I concur with everyone above. Send it back to MS. I've had friends send theirs back (with and without the warranty sticker) with no issues. Just make sure you give them the correct error code/situation which is covered.

If you can't (or get denied) there are tons of people on the Craigslist Atlanta that can fix it (Just be careful. The cheapest isn't always the best and some are known to keep your 360 and run).[/QUOTE]Official is usually best for repairs even if you have to pay.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I found some TRU giftcards I need to use up so I'll hope they got them in downtown or one on the way home. If not, I'll go back to that Target. And yeah, I've got the $10 upgrade coupons, thanks. Now, I really wish I had done the TRU preorder deal since I would have gotten a better deal on PatF and already secured TS1&2. I had already gotten PatF from Target and opened it before anyone posted the TRU preorder deal.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but I don't feel too bad. PatF for $16.99 before tax was a great price (plus, changepurse! Bonus!). I did get a last minute TS 1&2 pre-order in at TRU on Monday night and used the discount to get Ponyo for $10, which made me very happy. If I'd been so motivated, I could have bought a second PatF at TRU when I pre-ordered and returned that to Target, but felt like too much trouble. Plus, I really wanted Ponyo.

Definitely go with Microsoft over Jim Bob's Local Fix-It Shop. There have been a lot of advances in the internal design of the 360 over the past couple years, and it's likely the retrofitted 360 you get back will be significantly improved over what you sent off, and thus less likely to fail. As jdawg notes, you may even get a completely new unit (with the new chipset and cooling technology that implies). If you take it to a local place, they may get it working, but it'll be just as likely to red ring on you again in the near future.

My 60GB ps3 met it's unfortunate demise (YLOD), but after a few days of calling I was able to score a 120 gig slim today at gamestop near the Home Depot on Roswell Rd. Bryan was super helpful all week when I called even though I must have sounded like a desperate 15 year old outside of a liquor store. It's nice to have a positive experience at gamestop every once in a while.

[quote name='grundy']Anyone see some $10 XB360 wired controllers at Target? Need one for my PC...you know since they no longer make the wireless gaming receiver...well, they do, but you have to buy it with a controller, and I'm not spending $60 on that[/QUOTE]

Shallowford/Sandy Plains Target had one last night.

Haven't seen any. Made sure I got mine on Tuesday, luckily. I also noticed that as soon as the PatF promo was over on Sunday, the store I went to had it back in stock.

$10 you see some on the shelves on Sunday.

[quote name='Tybee']Same here, but I don't feel too bad. PatF for $16.99 before tax was a great price (plus, changepurse! Bonus!). I did get a last minute TS 1&2 pre-order in at TRU on Monday night and used the discount to get Ponyo for $10, which made me very happy. If I'd been so motivated, I could have bought a second PatF at TRU when I pre-ordered and returned that to Target, but felt like too much trouble. Plus, I really wanted Ponyo.

Definitely go with Microsoft over Jim Bob's Local Fix-It Shop. There have been a lot of advances in the internal design of the 360 over the past couple years, and it's likely the retrofitted 360 you get back will be significantly improved over what you sent off, and thus less likely to fail. As jdawg notes, you may even get a completely new unit (with the new chipset and cooling technology that implies). If you take it to a local place, they may get it working, but it'll be just as likely to red ring on you again in the near future.[/QUOTE]
Well, I registered my 360 on Microsoft and it ran out of warranty even with the extended warranty. I had bought it like when it first came out so... :/
The price to fix it was $100 for Microsoft. I looked into some craiglist and national websites that fix consoles but all of them look very bleh... I was looking to get it fixed about $50 to $75. Does anyone have any more tips? I'm using up my Gold days on my account... -.-

Interesting, I put TS1 and 2 Blu/DVD combos in my cart on Frys.com and it took $10 off each movie, knocking the total down to 26.46 with tax and in-store pickup. I also have both the $5 coupons and $10 coupons. I'm taking a chance, with in-store pickup, that they'll accept at least one set of them, if they don't cancel the order tomorrow.

Confirming the order, heading out shortly to see if the coupons work.

Cashier said they didn't accept the coupons. I wasn't pissed considering they charged me 9.97 for each BD. Also picked up the last S1 of Chuck on BD for 19.99.

Got the last GTA Epsiodes @ the Sam's Club in Marietta for under $20 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spotted a couple of the GI Joe "THE PIT" HQ playsets for $25 yesterday. If anyone's a collector, has kids, or just NEEDS that exclusive Dennis Quaid action figure, lemme know, and I'll spill the beans.

[quote name='mitch079']
Got the last GTA Epsiodes @ the Sam's Club in Marietta for under $20 as well.[/QUOTE]
Does the package contain a code or a disc like the Fallout 3 expansion packs?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Does the package contain a code or a disc like the Fallout 3 expansion packs?[/QUOTE]

Disc. You don't need GTA IV to play this. If you d/l it from XBOX Live, then you do.

[quote name='GibbGA']Edgewood Target had about 10 copies of Brutal Legend for the 360 marked down to $15 at lunchtime.[/QUOTE]

Fun and funny game. Not the best ever, but for $15, it's well worth the price of admission.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Yeah, it had a bad location and it didn't seem nearly as well kept as other targets which of course facilitated in providing lots of deals. I got a lot there including tents, luggage and a bike and a lot of gaming stuff. How old was that location as it wasn't in my two year old gps? Also, it seems like alot of stuff in that area is closing:Target, Best Buy, Blockbuster, and what's that unused stadium anyway?[/QUOTE]

That Blockbuster has been closed for I don't know how long. For some reason they just aren't ever gonna take down that sign. I was surprised at the BestBuy closing but I hadn't shopped at that one in forever.

The stadium was built for the Olympics for the tennis stuff. I think they tried to use it afterwards but its just sat there for a very long time now.

[quote name='whisper22']That Blockbuster has been closed for I don't know how long. For some reason they just aren't ever gonna take down that sign. I was surprised at the BestBuy closing but I hadn't shopped at that one in forever.

The stadium was built for the Olympics for the tennis stuff. I think they tried to use it afterwards but its just sat there for a very long time now.[/QUOTE]

I think I may be the most bummed. I live 3 miles from where that Best Buy, Target and BBV USED to be. It was so convenient and easy to pop in there on a weekly (sometimes more) basis to check for deals.

So I know this is kind of a forlorn hope, but has anyone seen a copy of Mass Effect 2 CE for 360 anywhere in town? Amazon has the PC CE and the regular 360 version on sale today and I'm considering making a Frankenstein CE if I can't find a copy by any other means.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I think I may be the most bummed. I live 3 miles from where that Best Buy, Target and BBV USED to be. It was so convenient and easy to pop in there on a weekly (sometimes more) basis to check for deals.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. I live right up there on Killian Hill. Everything around here has been closing. Target, Publix, Blockbuster, Best Buy, etc.

[quote name='whisper22']That Blockbuster has been closed for I don't know how long. For some reason they just aren't ever gonna take down that sign. I was surprised at the BestBuy closing but I hadn't shopped at that one in forever.

The stadium was built for the Olympics for the tennis stuff. I think they tried to use it afterwards but its just sat there for a very long time now.[/QUOTE]Olympic Tennis, huh. Guess my post was a little ill worded. I meant that it seems like store closings in that area keep occurring and those were some that already ocurred.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I think I may be the most bummed. I live 3 miles from where that Best Buy, Target and BBV USED to be. It was so convenient and easy to pop in there on a weekly (sometimes more) basis to check for deals.[/QUOTE]Yeah, that sux for you and gator. Which is closer for you guys, go up into Snellville or down to the La Vista Target, BB, TRU area?

BTW, at the target on Sydney Marcus they had three or so Brutal Legends and a Dark Void all at 15. All 360. At Steve Reynolds Dark Void was still at 30% off so it was 28. Weird they started at different prices. Target clearance has gotten goofy.

[quote name='gsugator']I hear you on that. I live right up there on Killian Hill. Everything around here has been closing. Target, Publix, Blockbuster, Best Buy, etc.[/QUOTE]

No kidding? That's exactly where I live.

jdawgg, Snelllville is definitely the better option. It's a good bit farther to go to Lavista. That 124 traffic sure can suck, though.

If anyone spots any Harmony universal remotes at a Target, please holler. They're clearancing them out, and most of them seem to be gone by now. I'd like to grab one if it's a good price.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']No kidding? That's exactly where I live.

jdawgg, Snelllville is definitely the better option. It's a good bit farther to go to Lavista. That 124 traffic sure can suck, though.[/QUOTE]I recommend taking Highpoint from 78 to Ronald Reagan to go to target/best buy or pass RR and go to janmar for Walmart/gamestop plazas. Skip 124 completely.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I recommend taking Highpoint from 78 to Ronald Reagan to go to target/best buy or pass RR and go to janmar for Walmart/gamestop plazas. Skip 124 completely.[/QUOTE]

If it's rush hour, I take Hewitt to Oak to Five Forks to RR. It's just weird because 124/RR seems like it's so close, but I always wonder why it feels like it takes forever to get there.

I actually use Hewitt, turn right onto oak, then first left onto highpoint. This avoids tie ups on FF. Just don't go highpoint around the time school gets out as you'll pass brookwood es and hs.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I actually use Hewitt, turn right onto oak, then first left onto highpoint. This avoids tie ups on FF. Just don't go highpoint around the time school gets out as you'll pass brookwood es and hs.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't that just take you to 124 right where the Chevron and Shell is? I like to take RR because it bypasses almost all of 124 for where I go (BBY, Carmike, GS, Bath and Body Works.......er.......I mean Super Awesome Gun Store......)

[quote name='El Gray']If anyone spots any Harmony universal remotes at a Target, please holler. They're clearancing them out, and most of them seem to be gone by now. I'd like to grab one if it's a good price.[/QUOTE]

Which model #?

bread's done
Back