Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I advised him to go with the 880, but both Targets I've checked have been picked clean of any Hamony models, so it may be moot.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Doesn't that just take you to 124 right where the Chevron and Shell is? I like to take RR because it bypasses almost all of 124 for where I go (BBY, Carmike, GS, Bath and Body Works.......er.......I mean Super Awesome Gun Store......)[/QUOTE]Actually, no, but I still gave you different wrong directions. You take hewitt, turn right on oak, then the first left onto holly springs (if you turn right at that intersection you're on highpoint. One of THOSE intersections with street name changes), then right at the stop onto dogwood, then next left onto web ginn which will take you to an onramp to Ronald reagan or Janmar a little further down. Sounds like more work than it really is, but it's worth not getting stuck in traffic. Except for school let out time it's not busy.

Also, I know you're lying about Bath Body Works/Super Awesome Gun Store. SAGS closed six months ago.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Which model #?[/QUOTE]Any you can get cheap. They're a gift from god. That use batteries which are not included. Still an awesome gift from god. I got one from a Sears clearance a couple years ago that is specifically made to work with a 360 and even though it's not an advanced model it's still really awesome.

Yeah, I was looking for any of them. They carried the 610 and two others. I've given up, though-- a smart employee at Northpoint did a search across all area stores for me last night, and it looks like there's not a one to be found. I ordered one off Amazon.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Any you can get cheap. They're a gift from god. That use batteries which are not included. Still an awesome gift from god. I got one from a Sears clearance a couple years ago that is specifically made to work with a 360 and even though it's not an advanced model it's still really awesome.[/QUOTE]

Another reason I pushed for the 880. Built-rechargeables and cradle. ;)

Complete change of topic...

Do any of you guys play WoW? If so, what servers, levels, and classes?

I played for ~2 years starting at launch, then took a hiatus, bought BC created a Draenei Shaman an played for ~60 days, then stopped playing. Now I have the itch to play again (dangerous I know) and I am wondering if anyone on the ATL/GA forum currently plays; if so I would like to join you guys.

Not sure if this has been brought up in this thread, haven't been around in a while. The POG's seem to be hitting the area Blockbusters. I just picked up Prototype, UFC 2009, and COD:WAW for the 360. Stickered at $9.99, all rang up at $6.99. The manager believed the B1G1 sale started next week, which would make these an even better deal starting Tuesday. Finally back to playing games now that I picked up a new 360 during the Dell sale :D

[quote name='ZharTheMad']
Do any of you guys play WoW? If so, what servers, levels, and classes?
[/QUOTE]

FOR THE HORDE!!!

I play but haven't logged on in a month or two. Used to be in an awesome guild that broke up and can't find a good server or guild. My main is an 80 Priest though.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I haven't found any POGs at the stores I looked at. Where did u find them? I'd be interested in picking up Prototype and UFC.[/QUOTE]

Found both at riverside in lawrenceville. Prototype was the only copy, but there was another UFC as of yesterday. The Sugarloaf store employee (no pog's at that store) told me the Hamilton Mill store just recieved at least 100 pog's according to him - said he was the former manager there that was just transfered to the sugarloaf store. I haven't made it by there yet to see what's there. I was in Winder today and they had about 15 including Fallout 3 and Deadspace. I'm hoping more hit the area when the b1g1 sale starts up. I plan on hitting more this weekend - if I see another prototype I'll let you know.

[quote name='Tybee']I advised him to go with the 880, but both Targets I've checked have been picked clean of any Hamony models, so it may be moot.[/QUOTE]

I snagged a refurb 880 off of Amazon for $70, and I love it.

[quote name='bier']Found both at riverside in lawrenceville. Prototype was the only copy, but there was another UFC as of yesterday. The Sugarloaf store employee (no pog's at that store) told me the Hamilton Mill store just recieved at least 100 pog's according to him - said he was the former manager there that was just transfered to the sugarloaf store. I haven't made it by there yet to see what's there. I was in Winder today and they had about 15 including Fallout 3 and Deadspace. I'm hoping more hit the area when the b1g1 sale starts up. I plan on hitting more this weekend - if I see another prototype I'll let you know.[/QUOTE]I figured riverside would get them so I actually stopped by yesterday on my way home from work, but UFC was gone. They still had a few Gears 2, CoDWaW, one RSV2, and a bunch of 09 sports games, and a CoD3. Can't believe they're dropping POGs less than a week before a B1G1 since it will apply to them. 3.50 each for CoDWaW and Gears2? Shoulda waited for that one. Thanks for keeping an eye out!

[quote name='jdawgg76']I figured riverside would get them so I actually stopped by yesterday on my way home from work, but UFC was gone. They still had a few Gears 2, CoDWaW, one RSV2, and a bunch of 09 sports games, and a CoD3. Can't believe they're dropping POGs less than a week before a B1G1 since it will apply to them. 3.50 each for CoDWaW and Gears2? Shoulda waited for that one. Thanks for keeping an eye out![/QUOTE]

Holy crap. WaW for $3.50??? Where is Riverside?? Where where where??? Like, I'm in my car as soon as someone tells me. I need WaW to complete my CoD 360 collection.

Wait. We're talking when the B1G1 starts on Tuesday (most likely). They are 6.99 now with no manual and no artwork and in a clear case.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Wait. We're talking when the B1G1 starts on Tuesday (most likely). They are 6.99 now with no manual and no artwork and in a clear case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I saw on their website where the Riverside location is, so I went there. It was $6.99, but I figured that's still a good deal. Kinda bummed that it was disc only, but not bad for the price. They only had 1 left, so all that's left is sports games. Didn't feel like waiting until the sale, since the game would have probably been gone by then.

Whenever I saw "POG" I kept thinking about that Simpsons episode where Bart was staying with Millhouse, and Millhouse brings out his ALF Pogs....well, that and the old Star Trek figs from Playmates back in the 90's which usually came with a picture card of the character but later figs came with pogs

Looks like a few people should check out the Blockbuster thread about 6.99 POGs (basically they are disc only, sometimes refurb games which reportedly occassionally include L4D2 and bayonetta) and the impending B1G1 sale.

Best Alf line: "Hey, Geraldo's coming on. Grab a chair!"

Another good ALF line:

(Alf out trick-or-treating, sees a cat in a lady's house)

"Was that a cat?"

"Why, yes, it was."

"I'll take a yellow one."

[quote name='gsugator']Did my weekly Target Snellville rounds and as usual I found NOTHING.[/QUOTE]
I hit up most of the Cobb/Smyrna/Marietta area and found nothing other than a few PS2 titles, Wii Goosebumps two packs, and some F grade DS titles.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I hit up most of the Cobb/Smyrna/Marietta area and found nothing other than a few PS2 titles, Wii Goosebumps two packs, and some F grade DS titles.[/QUOTE]

Haha just hit a few cobb targets myself and can confirm - was hunting for a copy of demon's souls as well :( Hopefully one of us find's a rare and precious hidden stash somewhere haha

Blockbuster B1G1 under 14.99 started today. BB @ Riverside was cleaned out of all the $6.99 360 prev owned games so those looking for those at that location are out of luck. The guy working told me that a guy came in over the weekend and bought them all.

[quote name='El Gray']I couldn't resist that $3.74 copy of Barnyard Blast today. :D[/QUOTE]
I got that when Micro Center was selling it for $1.99 sucka-
and it's still in the shrink.

[quote name='bier']Blockbuster B1G1 under 14.99 started today. BB @ Riverside was cleaned out of all the $6.99 360 prev owned games so those looking for those at that location are out of luck. The guy working told me that a guy came in over the weekend and bought them all.[/QUOTE]

and fw/sd strikes again :nottalking:

[quote name='jaideam']Haha just hit a few cobb targets myself and can confirm - was hunting for a copy of demon's souls as well :( Hopefully one of us find's a rare and precious hidden stash somewhere haha[/QUOTE]

You know, i don't recall ever even seeing Demons' Souls on the shelves at any Target, ever.

[quote name='bier']Blockbuster B1G1 under 14.99 started today. BB @ Riverside was cleaned out of all the $6.99 360 prev owned games so those looking for those at that location are out of luck. The guy working told me that a guy came in over the weekend and bought them all.[/QUOTE]Weird, today they had most of the same POGS as last week. They still had alot of sports games, nba phenom, bulletwitch, cod3 and maybe dark sector or something. I picked up Tomb Raider Underworld and Bionic Commando and then I saw they were putting out rentals converted to sales which allowed me to pick up No More Heroes and Beautiful katamari. The store off Hamilton Mill doesn't have much and they have a ton of POGs from November most of which were GH3 and Aerosmith and Fromtlines. I figured the store right off 85 in Suwanee might still be a good place to check and found out they had closed. The store south of snellville only had a ton of old POGs as well and they had a ton of no artwork games at regular prices. They used to be good about having complete games there. The grayson store didn't have much and neither does the snellville store off five forks. A few stores had the POGs bins with regular games in them.

WABA Games in Duluth usually is willing to do deals. Like ask about 2 games say maybe one is enough and he'll drop $10. Owner's name is Men, he's really cool. Their new selection is lacking though. Lotta older system accessories and games.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Weird, today they had most of the same POGS as last week. They still had alot of sports games, nba phenom, bulletwitch, cod3 and maybe dark sector or something. I picked up Tomb Raider Underworld and Bionic Commando and then I saw they were putting out rentals converted to sales which allowed me to pick up No More Heroes and Beautiful katamari. The store off Hamilton Mill doesn't have much and they have a ton of POGs from November most of which were GH3 and Aerosmith and Fromtlines. I figured the store right off 85 in Suwanee might still be a good place to check and found out they had closed. The store south of snellville only had a ton of old POGs as well and they had a ton of no artwork games at regular prices. They used to be good about having complete games there. The grayson store didn't have much and neither does the snellville store off five forks. A few stores had the POGs bins with regular games in them.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what's up at the Riverside. I had stopped by early Tuesday to see what was left and didn't see any POGs that I saw last week. Asked the bearded guy and he told me someone cleared them out over the weekend.

I actually stopped by the Hamilton Mill store yesterday myself :D Saw the same as far as the POGs and was disappointed. Only thing I picked up there was FEAR and FEAR 2 for $10. The L'ville-Suwanee location closed down a couple of months ago - sucks because it was the closest one to my house. I didn't know the Sugarloaf location near 316 had closed down until I stopped by there on Tuesday.

Checked the Blockbuster on S.Cobb in Smyrna today. I think I was told it's a regional HQ store or something. Strange location for one but it might be true as they still had a variety of B1G1 games. There's an end cap a bit back with PS2 titles in the sale, I didn't look through it but I do recall a Castlevania title in the front. Right up near the front they have a mixed bin with a sign containing B1G1 games from the 3 current gen sytems. Most of the titles I looked at had instruction manuals and all had cover art except two 360 titles. When I left just before 8pm there was still a decent variety for all 3 systems. Prices ranged from $6.99 to $14.99.

Here's what I remember:

Wii: Smarter than a 5th grader, Dora Explorer Diego Somethingorother, Drawn to Life, Metal Slug Anthology (w/ instructions), The Bigs, The Bigs 2, and 1-2 others

PS3: GTA4, Red Faction, NHL 2K9, Turning Point:Fall of Liberty, and at least 6-10 other titles

360: Fracture, Velvet Assassin, Overlord II (2 copies), Far Cry 2 (1 copy w/ box art and instructions the other w/ neither), Too Human, Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. (2-3 copies at least 1 w/ instructions), Madden NFL 2008,9,or 10 (I don't recall), and around 7-9 other titles

[quote name='bier']Not sure what's up at the Riverside. I had stopped by early Tuesday to see what was left and didn't see any POGs that I saw last week. Asked the bearded guy and he told me someone cleared them out over the weekend.

I actually stopped by the Hamilton Mill store yesterday myself :D Saw the same as far as the POGs and was disappointed. Only thing I picked up there was FEAR and FEAR 2 for $10. The L'ville-Suwanee location closed down a couple of months ago - sucks because it was the closest one to my house. I didn't know the Sugarloaf location near 316 had closed down until I stopped by there on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]
I agree. That Riverside location was picked clean (as it always seems to be lately. Employee or Lurker). I stopped by a couple near the airport on my way home this weekend and grabbed about 6 games (for Goozex flipping purposes). Didn't realize some of those $14.99 and $9.99 titles fetch anywhere from 500 to 600 Goozex points!! Didn't see any newer POGs. Got a backlog from hell, so I need to take it easy for a while and actually play some of these. I've got a 3 night hotel room for Dragoncon to pay for by June!

Blockbuster off of holcomb bridge and old alabama (ish) is closing down. I went in there to check on B1G! titles when I heard the manager in the backroom over the phone talking about transferring titles to different stores. It was kind of sad too because the woman who rang my transactions got all emotional when I asked her about the store closing. I really didn't know what to say. Pretty awkward actually.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Blockbuster off of holcomb bridge and old alabama (ish) is closing down. I went in there to check on B1G! titles when I heard the manager in the backroom over the phone talking about transferring titles to different stores. It was kind of sad too because the woman who rang my transactions got all emotional when I asked her about the store closing. I really didn't know what to say. Pretty awkward actually.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I wondered how much biz that store did these days. Drove by it two weeks ago, and considered going in, but then... I didn't. The store at Hwy9/Crossville had some decent titles last week. I bought a couple. Or four.

Alright here is a list of the mentionables for the Blockbuster $14.99 sale at the Lakeland Plaza location, it's inside the Kroger shopping center at 20 and 400. I didn't right down prices cuz I was on my lunch break, and they seem to be universal across the company so it's probably listed on this or the big Blockbuster thread. A lot of the games were no case but behind the counter they still had a lot of manuals. I did have trouble were I bought a 2 pair of $7 games and a pair of $10 games and a pair of $15 games and the auto coupon codes only gave me the 3 $7 and 1 $15 free but the manager fixed it. But just buy the games in pairs on seperate transactions. I got Fear Files for $7, Frontlines for $7, Stranglehold for $7, Fear 2 for $10, two copies of Beatles RB for $15 ( one left I snagged 2 cuz I thought they would be hard to find, but I don't want the second copy anyone want it for $8 local trade only this cheap ain't worth shipping, just message me) Gear of war for $10 and Condemned 2 for $7

007 Quantum of Solace
N2
Onechanbara
Dark Sector (3 copies)
TMNT
Gears of War
Jericho
Quake Wars
Monsters vs Aliens
Monster Madness
Viking
GH Aerosmith (2 copies)
EDF 2017 (this game is F'ing awesome)
Condemned 2 (2 copies)
Lost Planet
Perfect Dark
Virtua Fighter 5 online
Watchmen the end is nigh (2 copies)
GH World Tour
Afro Samurai (2 copies)
Beatles RB (one left I snagged 2 cuz I thought they would be hard to find, but I don't want the second copy anyone want it for $8 local trade only this cheap ain't worth shipping, just message me)
GTA4
Matt Hazard
Mercenaries 2
Wanted
HAWX (6 copies)
Overlord
there were more kids type games like hannah montana that I didn't write down

PS3
Turning Point
Overlord
Rock Band 2 (on 360 it's $20 but the PS3 is good for the deal since it's $14.99)
GH Smash Hits
Gundam Crossfire
Viking

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright here is a list of the mentionables for the Blockbuster $14.99 sale on Thompson Bridge Rd, just down the street from the Honey Baked Ham. I didn't right down prices cuz I I'm lazy and I was tired it was 9pm, and they seem to be universal across the company so it's probably listed on this or the big Blockbuster thread. Almost all the games had cases and manuals. I did have trouble were I bought a 2 pair of $7 games and a pair of $10 games and a pair of $15 games and the auto coupon codes only gave me the 3 $7 and 1 $15 free but the manager fixed it. But just buy the games in pairs on seperate transactions. Best on the listing is they had 360 Street Fighter 4 for $15 and the other store had it for $20. And they have 7 copies of 360 Beatles RB. I grabbed a Street Fighter and the last copy of 50 cent. Both were $15. Spoilers are to make the post smaller.

Army of 2
Damnation (2 copies)
Darkness
Brutal Legend (2 copies)
Fracture
Fuel
GH Aerosmith
Overlord 2 (2 copies)
Lost Planet
H.A.W.X. (2 copies)
Wanted
Watchmen (3 copies)
Matt Hazard
The Club
EDF 2017 (I f'ing love this game)
Frontlines
Lego Indy
and a whole lot more including sports and wrestling, 4 shelf units of mostly sale games in great condition

PS3
only Spiderman Web of Shadows

Wii (I'm listing the kid games also cuz it's mostly a kid system)
Astro Boy (2 copies)
Drawn to life (6 Copies)
Overlord
No More Heroes
Ghostbusters
Pikmin
Wii Music
Marvel Super Hero Squad (4 copies)

PSP
Dissidia
God of War Chains of Olympus
Loco Roco 2
Secret Agent Clank

DS these are both worth grabbing but chances are if you wanted them you'd already have em
Chrono Trigger
Pokemon Diamond

Last edited by a moderator:
Found 360 Batman AA for $9.99 this weekend while driving back from my son's baseball tourney in Cumming. Also picked up an extra POG version of 360 COD WAW - figured someone on here might want it.

[quote name='cave']WABA Games in Duluth usually is willing to do deals. Like ask about 2 games say maybe one is enough and he'll drop $10. Owner's name is Men, he's really cool. Their new selection is lacking though. Lotta older system accessories and games.[/QUOTE]

when is waba opening their new store? i want to check out what their fight game tournament scene is like. I went to their store on PIB but they were in the middle of transitioning, and only doing SSBB =/

Debating whether to stop by the Snellville Target today. I can't remember the last time I found someone good in a Target clearance.

I was at the waba store last night. they seem to be open just didnt have everything set up yet. BTW it's at computer Arena store in Alpharetta.

bread's done
Back