Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

If anyone wanted Fable 3 Collector's Edition there were two at the Edgewood Target last night for 56 bucks a piece. I don't believe it's even available anywhere else so this may be a good chance for you to pick it up if you missed it.

I'm happy with the coating as opposed to the foot or more the Northeast is getting. Thank God I traveled back there for Thanksgiving and had my mom come down here for Christmas instead of vice versa.

Has anyone seen any copies of Folklore at TRU lately?
Also, if anyone is interested, tickets for the "Dalí 'til Dawn" event at the High are $5 from midnight until 9 am Sunday.

[quote name='kitlink']Has anyone seen any copies of Folklore at TRU lately?
Also, if anyone is interested, tickets for the "Dalí 'til Dawn" event at the High are $5 from midnight until 9 am Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I haven't but it's 17.99 @ Newegg with free shipping. Game Origin has it for 13.99 used complete with free shipping. I've ordered from GO two times before and they are legit.

possibly 6 inches of snow coming...sheesh.

I happened to be in Cumberland Mall earlier today and found myself killing time strolling through the electronics area of Sears. I found a Philips Universal remote for $1.97. It's no Logitech by any means but the price is excellent if you just need a remote for a second TV, (I helped a friend move last month and scored a TV sans remote for the effort so this was perfect). I used the preset codes to assign the TV, a VCR, and even a decade old bookshelf receiver/cd changer my wife had from college. All worked without a hitch, pretty great for $1.97!

I know it isn't a gaming related deal but figured I'd share with the local community. The clerk said that the price was legit as the item is on clearance and was $20 last month. If anyone is interested, there were 3-6 more. They aren't with the other universal remotes but on an endcap in the last row of the televisions. Hope this helps out a local CAG!:)

[quote name='mitch079']I haven't but it's 17.99 @ Newegg with free shipping. Game Origin has it for 13.99 used complete with free shipping. I've ordered from GO two times before and they are legit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='mitch079']possibly 6 inches of snow coming...sheesh.[/QUOTE]

Heh...I'm usually not a big fan of snow, but I'm really hoping we get buried this time.

Hey guys. Is the forecast really as bad as it sounds for tomorrow? I'm in Vegas for CES and my flight leaves tomorrow afternoon, so I'm a bit concerned.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey guys. Is the forecast really as bad as it sounds for tomorrow? I'm in Vegas for CES and my flight leaves tomorrow afternoon, so I'm a bit concerned.[/QUOTE]
Have you checked your flight status yet? They are already canceling some flights.

From one news story:
Hundreds of flights were canceled at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Delta Air Lines canceled 330 flights and another 1,400 flights Monday. AirTran Airways canceled 14 flights and another 270 for Monday

Damn straight that's a good place to be stuck. I'd bet on a day or so delay as freezing rain won't end till tomoro nite. Some snow and ice are an absolute definite. I looked outside 10 minutes ago and nothing. Then looked out and snow has already covered the driveway while the road was untouched. Two minutes later the road was mostly white. It's a serious big flake deluge.

[quote name='Clown069']Man i hope this winter weather stuff doesn't effect my Fed Ex and Ups shipments.....[/QUOTE]

I suspect it will. I'd be surprised if there's any mail service tomorrow and possibly Tuesday.

Stay safe and warm, Atlanta CAGs. I watched tv for 30 minutes waiting for the storm to start, only to look outside and see my backyard completely buried in white. Should be some nice pictures in the morning.

For once they got it right. My office building is closed. May need to throw a fire in the fireplace. It is pretty chilly out there.

Hothlanta

http://clatl.com/freshloaf/archives/2011/01/10/hothlanta-concept-gets-taken-to-beautiful-extremes

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=261277&id=705155676&l=a4518b11c4

164362_482048235676_705155676_6387986_1261845_n.jpg

Well, I am officially stuck in Vegas. I know it seems cool, but I've been here for 5 days already and just want to go home. Luckily, there's an Inn-N-Out Burger close by so I'm going to hit that up. Got a flight for tomorrow, so looking forward to coming home.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Well, I am officially stuck in Vegas. I know it seems cool, but I've been here for 5 days already and just want to go home. Luckily, there's an Inn-N-Out Burger close by so I'm going to hit that up. Got a flight for tomorrow, so looking forward to coming home.[/QUOTE]You are getting shakes there right? Good stuff.

anyone know if any courier services are running today? (USPS, UPS, fedex)? This is totally the south because it seems as though everything magically developed a hilly-driveway overnight and now they "can't" get to work (this includes all postal employees). I like a day off as much as the next person but c'mon...the whole frikkin city shouldn't shut down because of 2 inches of snow..

Well, there's only a smattering of road equipment, barely enough to try to clear the interstates, certainly not enough to clear surface roads. People down here have no experience driving in these conditions so it's a very bad idea for people to be on the roads. Don't be surprised if the closings and cancellations last as long as Thursday.

i think i saw on the news that ups and fed ex deliveries are suspended, probably even tomorrow. the one time i order something and pay for 1 day shipping.....

[quote name='Clown069']i think i saw on the news that ups and fed ex deliveries are suspended, probably even tomorrow. the one time i order something and pay for 1 day shipping.....[/QUOTE]

Lol me too.

Had something shipped next day and it's stuck at the last warehouse until they can drive out.

I think USPS is running Wednesday, not sure about FedEx and UPS. Whether the FedEx freight hub got a truck from Memphis will determine if I work tomorrow. Crap, I should probably go to bed.

Fun times, right, Ubi?

Yeah, Neo. For sure. Except Monday. I really just wanted to go home and all of my co-workers were gone, so I was stuck in Vegas alone. Pretty boring when that's the case.

Has USPS not been running since Saturday? That would explain why I didn't have quite as much mail coming home as I thought I would.

bread's done
Back