Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='El Gray']Oh yeah? I'd snag a cheapish copy, too, if I could find one. Ring the alarm if you see it +1, Andy (or anyone else).

I played the PC beta a bit, and it WAS cool.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that.

Hey guys I'm in GA as well and was wondering if anyone has seen any cheap (or even just slightly discounted) Rock Band 2, Beatles or Rock Band 3 drumsets? Mine has give out, and I'm in need of a new one. Much appreciated.

Just scored a Sony PS3 Blu-ray Remote for 15 plus tax at the GooB Blockbuster on N. Decatur at Clairmont. The signs said "30 percent off video game accessories," but it rang up at 40 percent (25 minus 10) and I didn't ask questions. There were two left, if anyone else has a new PS3 and is in the market for a remote.

No games to write home about though. Blu-rays are still at 15 percent off both there and at the closing Toco Hills location. Drove by the Ponce BB and it is NOT closing, as there was zero signage.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just scored a Sony PS3 Blu-ray Remote for 15 plus tax at the GooB Blockbuster on N. Decatur at Clairmont. The signs said "30 percent off video game accessories," but it rang up at 40 percent (25 minus 10) and I didn't ask questions. There were two left, if anyone else has a new PS3 and is in the market for a remote.

No games to write home about though. Blu-rays are still at 15 percent off both there and at the closing Toco Hills location. Drove by the Ponce BB and it is NOT closing, as there was zero signage.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up dude!!!!

I'm near that store. I was gonna go in there to check if they had any games but you saved me some time!

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just scored a Sony PS3 Blu-ray Remote for 15 plus tax at the GooB Blockbuster on N. Decatur at Clairmont. The signs said "30 percent off video game accessories," but it rang up at 40 percent (25 minus 10) and I didn't ask questions. There were two left, if anyone else has a new PS3 and is in the market for a remote.

No games to write home about though. Blu-rays are still at 15 percent off both there and at the closing Toco Hills location. Drove by the Ponce BB and it is NOT closing, as there was zero signage.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I would totally be in for 1 if one is still left tomorrow. I'm near so I'll check it out.

Heyyyy gang, just a note that TETRIS is $5 (half price) right now on PSN.

So, please feel free to purchase that and then play against me, because Tetris rules, and it's fun against friends.

The Blockbuster in Mcdonough off of Jonesboro Road is closing, i think it just started because the Blu-Rays are only at 15% off, i still couldnt help myself and got Drag Me to Hell, Event Horizon, and The Mist for $25 total. They didn't have any games left at 30% off, They had a lot of 360 Force Unleashed 2's at 39.99, 1 ps3 Splatterhouse at 39.99, the new Transformers on 360 for 24.99, and that's really about it.

Blockbuster in Lawrenceville off Gwinnett Drive and Grayson Highway is closing. It's the one across from the dollar theater. Games are at 40% and BRs are at 20% off. They have a few Dead Space 2, Goldeneye and of course Fallout New Vegas. Every store has so many FO:NV that I may actually buy it if it hits 60% off. Depending on if the BB on 124 on the southside of Snellville is closing, there may only be one crappy BB and one BB with gamerush left nearby and none by my work as opposed to 4 BBs with GR and 3 good BBs and 1 crappy BB nearby the house and 1 good BB by work. Starting to feel like that recent Simpsons episode.

Seems like I've seen Watchmen at every BB, but I'm sure they had four copies or so at the Gwinnett Drive location. Not sure about Kick Ass or Inception.

[quote name='twilitezoner']Hey guys. Are there any good arcades in the Atlanta area besides places like D&B's?[/QUOTE]

There was Crazy Nickles many years ago. Stars & Strikes has an arcade similar to D&B. Maybe a little less in terms of quantity but their bowling prices are way better than D&B if I remember correctly.

Any local CAG member looking for a copy of Dragon Quest V? I have a sealed copy and a cart only copy (maybe returning to GS).

Also, have any of you experienced your local GameStops tossing the case, manual, and inserts for NDS, PS2, and GC games? A few one mine have thrown them all out and are now game only for old gen stuff.

There's a copy of the HOT ROD Blu (which is OOP) at the Toco Hills Blockbuster, if anyone wants this treasure for about $8. Well worth that. I already snagged my own copy at another store.

[quote name='El Gray']There's a copy of the HOT ROD Blu (which is OOP) at the Toco Hills Blockbuster, if anyone wants this treasure for about $8. Well worth that. I already snagged my own copy at another store.[/QUOTE]

I have the mack-daddy HD-DVD edition so I'm good.
:cool:

[quote name='El Gray']There's a copy of the HOT ROD Blu (which is OOP) at the Toco Hills Blockbuster, if anyone wants this treasure for about $8. Well worth that. I already snagged my own copy at another store.[/QUOTE]

so....cool beans?

Hey ATL-AGers, I'm in the market for a good fightstick. I'm not a fightstick expert, but I gather that the new MadCatz sticks are pretty good, with Sanwa parts in them. I'm looking for a nice stick locally around atlanta, and I've had LOTS of trouble actually finding anything in stores. Can anyone recommend a store that actually has fightsticks in-store? Thanks!:applause:

[quote name='Chaos242']Hey ATL-AGers, I'm in the market for a good fightstick. I'm not a fightstick expert, but I gather that the new MadCatz sticks are pretty good, with Sanwa parts in them. I'm looking for a nice stick locally around atlanta, and I've had LOTS of trouble actually finding anything in stores. Can anyone recommend a store that actually has fightsticks in-store? Thanks!:applause:[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for a round 2 TE for the xbox 360, I have a brand new one that I'm trying to
get rid of here.

[quote name='Dkellar']A few one mine have thrown them all out and are now game only for old gen stuff.[/QUOTE]

The GS closest to me has a small bin with just paper sleeves for the PS2 games. When I saw it, I kind of died on the inside a bit.

[quote name='Clown069']the one at mcdonough didn't have any of the newer ones, i also want to see if they have Scott Pilgrim.[/QUOTE]Saw Scott Pilgrim at the one on CLub and Pleasant Hill.

Anyone have an update on what the Blus are going for at the closing Blockbusters? I hear the percentages never get too crazy, but I'm tempted to stop by one again.

The ones I've been in have had used Blus at 15 or 20% off. It works out to a fair price on the $7 and $10 ones, if you don't care about original packaging.

Steve Reynolds right off I 85 had a TON of Tangled 2 disc BR sets with golden book on Tuesday when I picked up mine. They were all gone at electronics, but there was an endcap among the registers up front that was fully loaded. Try looking there at other stores if you can't make it to Steve Reynolds. No 4 disc sets when I was there. They took the DMR coupon as well.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Steve Reynolds right off I 85 had a TON of Tangled 2 disc BR sets with golden book on Tuesday when I picked up mine. They were all gone at electronics, but there was an endcap among the registers up front that was fully loaded. Try looking there at other stores if you can't make it to Steve Reynolds. No 4 disc sets when I was there. They took the DMR coupon as well.[/QUOTE]

I've checked three (electronics section and endcaps) with no luck. Just DVDs. Any chance they'll restock by tomorrow? Seemed like that happened with Nausicaa.

If not, I'll just bite the bullet and use the coupon at BB.

Don't know if it's a restock or not, but the North Druid Hills location had a ton of both the 4 Disc and the 2 Disc BRs of Tangled. They were on an endcap in electronics where the new releases are and both stacks were pretty much full so probably about 20 of each were there.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Don't know if it's a restock or not, but the North Druid Hills location had a ton of both the 4 Disc and the 2 Disc BRs of Tangled. They were on an endcap in electronics where the new releases are and both stacks were pretty much full so probably about 20 of each were there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think restocks happened. I found five copies of the 4 disc (but no 2 disc, oddly) at the Cobb Pkwy Target. So all good!

Toco Hills Blockbuster is at 20 percent off Blu-rays as of yesterday. They are down to 3 games, and none of them have original box art or anything (I didn't even look to see what they were). The stop wasn't a total waste, as I got some yummy ice cream at the Brusters next door!

The last couple of Reach boxes I've seen were still at the $100+ price point.

April 10 is the last day for the Blockbuster at Hwy9/Crossville Rd. I'll give it one more look this week before the shut the do'.

I saw ~50 copies of ANIMAL CROSSING for Wii at the Holcomb Bridge (East) SuperTarget today. Only half off at $25 so far, but surely a good number will remain 'til they're 12.50.

FIFTY! No lie!

Saw that my target (woodstock) sold all of their PS2's. Last time I checked they were still at 89.50 but they must have dropped them drastically to remove the remaining 3 they had that quick. :( Still searchin for a deal on one of those.

Anyone know of a place that would buy strategy guides in the East Atlanta area? I've got a lot leftover from penny guide sales at Best Buy through the years just collecting dust.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, we can add another Blockbuster to the list of closing stores. Saw the "Store Closing" sign on the Towne Lake Parkway store in Woodstock yesterday

I thought all closing stores were closing on April 10th. Don't expect anything special. I went to the one on Club drive and the one on Steve Reynolds on their last day and the discounts were the same as the past days before. They were packing up at 2:30 despite the supposed closing time of 5pm. Discounts were 25% off BRs, 2.99 DVDs, 40% off used games, 60% off accessories, disc only movies .99, tv sets were either 9.99 or 11.99, noone was really clear and there was nothing worth going through the effort to find out. Most everything left would be around the sale price you can find if you wait and watch sale flyers/online sales.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I thought all closing stores were closing on April 10th. Don't expect anything special. I went to the one on Club drive and the one on Steve Reynolds on their last day and the discounts were the same as the past days before. They were packing up at 2:30 despite the supposed closing time of 5pm. Discounts were 25% off BRs, 2.99 DVDs, 40% off used games, 60% off accessories, disc only movies .99, tv sets were either 9.99 or 11.99, noone was really clear and there was nothing worth going through the effort to find out. Most everything left would be around the sale price you can find if you wait and watch sale flyers/online sales.[/QUOTE]
Yeah is true do you say but now many of the system on line...
grey.png

My Blog :
http://newtrafficgenerator.net

[quote name='jdawgg76']I thought all closing stores were closing on April 10th. Don't expect anything special. I went to the one on Club drive and the one on Steve Reynolds on their last day and the discounts were the same as the past days before. They were packing up at 2:30 despite the supposed closing time of 5pm. Discounts were 25% off BRs, 2.99 DVDs, 40% off used games, 60% off accessories, disc only movies .99, tv sets were either 9.99 or 11.99, noone was really clear and there was nothing worth going through the effort to find out. Most everything left would be around the sale price you can find if you wait and watch sale flyers/online sales.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Blockbuster went out just as they operated in their heyday: sucking ass.

Say what you will about Borders: Their going out of business clearances actually yielded good deals. I got several Criterion Blu-rays, CDs, and a mess of books for 50% - 60% off. At long last, they were cheaper than Amazon. Oh, the irony.

smallnobathroom.jpg

bread's done
Back