Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Tybee']
Say what you will about Borders: Their going out of business clearances actually yielded good deals. I got several Criterion Blu-rays, CDs, and a mess of books for 50% - 60% off. At long last, they were cheaper than Amazon. Oh, the irony.

smallnobathroom.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:lol: @ that sign.

How cheap were the Crit. movies? Personally, I love the semi-annual 1/2 price sales BN does on them- I've gotten several of the Crit :BR:'s for

That sign is hilarious. Are any of the closing Borders still going through the process? I sort of lost track of that from the get go, once I learned the one I frequent on Ponce wasn't shutting down.

Not that my shelf of 'books I'm going to get to some day' needs any more titles.

[quote name='Robotechnology']That sign is hilarious. Are any of the closing Borders still going through the process? I sort of lost track of that from the get go, once I learned the one I frequent on Ponce wasn't shutting down.

Not that my shelf of 'books I'm going to get to some day' needs any more titles.[/QUOTE]

The one in Buckhead just got the ax, but most items are only 30% off.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']:lol: @ that sign.

How cheap were the Crit. movies? Personally, I love the semi-annual 1/2 price sales BN does on them- I've gotten several of the Crit :BR:'s for

I think this is my first time posting on this thread, so Hi Everyone in Hotlanta! And a big shoutout to my man aznhero913.

I went to the Borders 50% Going Out of Business Sale @ 3101 Cobb Parkway a few weeks back, got a few Blurays & manga for 50% off. Most of the blurays were not better than Amazon though.
Please keep me posted if there are more Borders sales like this, I had to hear about it through my brother, who oddly gets emails straight from Borders about these kinds of things. So... I'll keep you all posted if I hear from him. :D

Just a little bit about me: I frequent Target clearance like a madman. So if Target deals are to be had in metro Atlanta area, I may come here and tell you guys first, then post to the dedicated Target clearance thread. With that said, I have spotted dozens of Animal Crossing: City Folk for Nintendo Wii for $12.48 at the Buckhead target. Sadly, they don't go for much on Amazon Trade In ($12).

I also saw a 37" Vizio LED TV at the Smyrna Target for $469.xx. I'm keeping an eye on this if this guy ever drops further (maybe $200 then I'll bite). But please PM me if you know about the availability of this particular item.

[quote name='neomerge']Looking for a PS2 Slim for $49 new. Maybe it's too soon.[/QUOTE] Back in mid-March of this year, I may have been the CAG who grabbed the very last clearance PS2 slim in Atlanta. i needed it to complement my non-BC PS3 Slim. I had to drive out to Lawrenceville to get this one, after searching almost all of Atlanta for it. This job was particularly frustrating because the rep I called in Electronics gave me attitude (I simply asked him to check the price on it, because I knew it wasn't $100, but he adamantly refused), so I got justice by reporting him to the store manager. This one was a Repackaged one, so I got it for $70. But it was still brand spankin' new, plus it had Toy Story 3 in it.

Wondering if the Best Buys will ever clearance Vanquish ... waiting for it to drop down to $20.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kitlink']The one in Buckhead just got the ax, but most items are only 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Surprised the one in Buckhead got the axe and the one by me on Ponce is still open. That place was always packed. Weird.

The Studio Movie Grille on Holcomb Bridge Road is showing ALIEN tomorrow (Thursday) night at 7:30 for $1, if anyone needs any CheapAssMovie fun.

Welcome to the ATL forum, qwikshake. Always good to have another set of eyes checking the Target clearance racks, etc. I'd been haunting my local Target(s) in search of the cheap "DC Universe Online" copies that folks have been mentioning in the main Target CAG thread, but haven't had any luck. I was on vacation though, and now it's been a couple of weeks... might be time for a Target run after work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh...trying to find clearance games or rare games from Target or anywhere in the Acworth/Kennesaw area is impossible because there are so many CAGs who snatch all of the good games up day 1. I check my stores a LOT, usually every Monday and we never have anything worth 2 cents.

[quote name='qwikshake']
Back in mid-March of this year, I may have been the CAG who grabbed the very last clearance PS2 slim in Atlanta. i needed it to complement my non-BC PS3 Slim. I had to drive out to Lawrenceville to get this one, after searching almost all of Atlanta for it. This job was particularly frustrating because the rep I called in Electronics gave me attitude (I simply asked him to check the price on it, because I knew it wasn't $100, but he adamantly refused), so I got justice by reporting him to the store manager. This one was a Repackaged one, so I got it for $70. But it was still brand spankin' new, plus it had Toy Story 3 in it.
[/QUOTE]

I went to the Target in Kennesaw and they had 1 left (last time I checked) but it was still priced at $88.98.

Wow, I don't come on CAG for a while and all sorts of stuff happens! I admit that I'm a little bitter about missing the meet-up as I would have went for sure. Oh well, such is life. Just been really busy with end of the school year stuff (CRCT). All downhill now though, give me another month and I'm up for any kind of meet-up in the summer! Also loved the Borders sign, I've always loved actual bookstores.

Anyone on the southside of Atlanta? I'm talking Newnan, PTC, Fayetteville, Fairburn, Union City... etc.

I'm in Newnan, and I certainly am a Cheap Ass Gamer, but deals are scarce around here. I do love the local retro game store we have here, (Super Gater Gamz)

I am on the south side of Atlanta in Fayetteville. Deals around here are also scarce. When I checked Target this week the endcap was completely cleaned out of clearance games. I did happen to get Fallout New Vegas CE (360) for $30 at Gamestop earlier this month and was also lucky enough to get CoD: Black Ops Prestige edition (360) at Target when it was clearanced for $37.48 back in March. Besides those two deals, I haven't seen much else in months.

As of 11:30, there were at least a couple of each version of DJ HERO 2 left at the Northpoint TRU. I snagged one PS3 copy.

It's $20 now, if ya didn't hear.

Hey guys, I very rarely post on CAG, more of a lurker. Anyway, I was at Northpoint TRU during lunch to pick up Vanquish and saw they had an extra 30% off the clearance rack. I snagged the last copy of Prince of Persia for $6.99.

The other 360 games I noticed (X-Blade, Project Silpheed) didn't seem worth it, but it may be worth a shot checking out other TRUs for PoP.

hey guys, i am a new atlanta CAGer. What's up everyone?

Also, I am selling a 250GB hard drive for Xbox 360. Let me know if you are interested and how much you will offer me. PM me or whatever.

Hey guys, I live over here near the Big Chicken and I have been jonsing for an arcade with pinball machines. Anybody have any leads?

Do any of the you guys trade games locally to other gamers? I would love to trade some of my games to other gamers for something I might be interested in and haven't played. I am just not a fan of doing it via mail or with a service like goozex personally, and the only other option is to continue letting gamestop make huge profits off of me.

If anyone locally is interested in trading PS3 games, shoot me a pm. You can tell to a certain extent what I have available based on the games from my trophy card except for the ones I have completed while PSN was down (Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection and Lego Harry Potter) or have already traded in to gamestop in the past.

Honestly, Target clearance in the Atlanta area has been pretty crappy for a long time now. Back in 2007/2008 they were omfgwtf awesome, but after about a year they started getting lame. The last great haul I was able to put together was in fall of 2009 and its been pretty barren since.

Anyone scoping out TRU around here for the $10 games? I hit Northpoint and Buckhead tonight, and snagged a handful of decent ones.

Borderlands (PS3), Nier (PS3), Red Steel 2 (Wii), Grease (DS), Rock Band 3 (Wii)

My mission was to find RB3 for PS3, but there were none to be had at these two stores. If anyone's able to find that at another TRU in town, I'd gladly meet you and offer American dollars in exchange.

El Gray, Google tracker only shows Morrow and Lithonia with limited stock of PS3 RB3.

I picked up EA MMA (360), Lost Planet 2 (PS3), Borderlands (PS3), Dark Void (360), Grease (Wii), Little King Story (Wii), and MLB 2K11 (PSP). 2K11 is going to be traded in on Amazon. What a shitty game. I wasn't expecting much but I knew I was in for it when they still had Willie Randolph's picture and biography with Terry Collins's name as manager of the Mets. Gameplay is atrocious; some fielding animations literally glide on the field. No wonder no one reviewed it.

Well that was a bust. no copies of Rock Band 3 whatsoever. i did manage to grab the last copy of Dante's Inferno on xbox, last Dead to Rights: Retirbution on ps3, and one of many Crackdown 2. was really hoping for RB3 on Xbox to keep and ps3 to trade, also Dead to Rights on xbox.

[quote name='GamingGator']Do any of the you guys trade games locally to other gamers? I would love to trade some of my games to other gamers for something I might be interested in and haven't played. I am just not a fan of doing it via mail or with a service like goozex personally, and the only other option is to continue letting gamestop make huge profits off of me.

If anyone locally is interested in trading PS3 games, shoot me a pm. You can tell to a certain extent what I have available based on the games from my trophy card except for the ones I have completed while PSN was down (Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection and Lego Harry Potter) or have already traded in to gamestop in the past.[/QUOTE]

I've traded a couple games w/ local CAGers here in ATL.

So much easier than having to mail and pray other copy is good.

[quote name='GamingGator']Do any of the you guys trade games locally to other gamers? I would love to trade some of my games to other gamers for something I might be interested in and haven't played. I am just not a fan of doing it via mail or with a service like goozex personally, and the only other option is to continue letting gamestop make huge profits off of me.

If anyone locally is interested in trading PS3 games, shoot me a pm. You can tell to a certain extent what I have available based on the games from my trophy card except for the ones I have completed while PSN was down (Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection and Lego Harry Potter) or have already traded in to gamestop in the past.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to dissuade you from trading locally, but I think you might be happier with GOOZEX than you might expect. I was skeptical at first as well, but as you can see from my sig, I've done a pretty epic amount of trading through them (introduced to it by el gray) and only ONCE did I ever get a game in less-than-perfect condition. In that instance, I was not only able to get the expended points back but also was able to re-trade said item (to someone who I informed of the condition before finalizing the trade) the next day. It's a good system, and I am someone who is very anal about the condition of his games/movies.

Case in point: One of my most recent items received was Mario Kart Wii. The guy threw in a second wheel and the player's guide, gratis.

Stopped by the TRU on pleasant hill tonite and got the last Rock Band 3 for 360. Couldn't believe one was still there and happy to pay 10 although I wish I coulda gotten out that way while it was 7. Never did find DTR or Shift, at least DTR is in mint condition for 10 at BBV with a lot of copies so I'll wait for the next B1G1 and get it for $5.

GamingGator:
I am a big fan of local "meet-in-a-parking-lot" trades however I don't have a PS3. By all ther recent activity mentioned in the previous posts^ maybe that's a good thing!;) I'd mostly be available for 360 deals with a little Wii and older systems thrown in. Let me know if you end up with 360 stuff, I'll do the same with PS3.

Just a heads up, chuckie88 is very "hands on" during meet-ups.

I'M KIDDING!!!

I did a meet-up with chuckie and everything went great. I just couldn't resist some good-natured teasing. Now Tybee at D&B's, that's a whole other story...

^Note to self watch out for Tybee at D&B's!:lol:

Checked the Smyrna TRU on Cobb Parkway today for $10 360 games. Not really much to report. I grabbed an EA MMA leaving at least one copy. Didn't see any RB3 discs but there was a few Band Hero copies. There was a Project Silpheed also. A positive surprise was the Beakman's World DVD I found for $5 or $6. I'll use it next school year when teaching Science. So close to summer gaming!:bouncy:

[quote name='chuckie88']GamingGator:
I am a big fan of local "meet-in-a-parking-lot" trades however I don't have a PS3. By all ther recent activity mentioned in the previous posts^ maybe that's a good thing!;) I'd mostly be available for 360 deals with a little Wii and older systems thrown in. Let me know if you end up with 360 stuff, I'll do the same with PS3.[/QUOTE]

I am a big fan of trading that way too. In fact, I trade beer that way all the time at special events, but that is a bit off topic :)

Let me know if you get a PS3, I know I will not be buying a 360. I am not a PS3 fanboy and think the 360 sucks or anything like that. I just do not like FPS, RPG, or (most) RTS games and it seems that is what 99% of the exclusives for the 360 are. I had a ton of Wii games, but I dumped most of them when I got the PS3 except for the ones the kids like to play.

Big lots has some old Hollywood video dvd sets for 6 bucks each. i went tioday and saw a few american dad season 2's, Dead Like me season 2, Angel season 5, prison break and a few others. I bought Kingdom Hospital for 6 and it's in good condition, was hoping to find Castle.

From looking at the Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread, I have seen people posting that they found the old plastic packaged MS point cards for 50% off. Has anyone been lucky enough to find these around here at their local Blockbuster? I checked the one closest to me when I was looking at games for the B1G1 this week but they didn't have any.

Hello Atlanta people. I'm in ur town stealin' ur Blockbuster B1G1 games ;).

I have a nice little haul to bring home with me. It makes up for me missing the sale back home (I had to come out here for work). I am always peeved to pay sales tax (none back home), but then again, my car is paid for so I probably more than made up for it by not paying for gas.

In any case, all 3 of the stores I went to were very well stocked and I even went back again to one of them tonight after going there yesterday. It looked like nothing had been touched in that entire day's time.

I went to Norcross, John's Creek, and Lawrenceville - all had a ton of games and there's still a lot left most likely. It took a lot of driving to get around to all those. I guess the closures have spaced them all out pretty far from each other. But all 3 of those stores probably have 10x the games my local store back home has (they had about 30 total before the sale).

i'm going to check out the Blockbuster in stockbridge tomorrow, hoping they have Rockband 3 on 360, not really a whole lot i'm interested in that's cheap, maybe Dead to Rights for easy achievements.

[quote name='Shadow Blade']From looking at the Blockbuster/Gamerush Thread, I have seen people posting that they found the old plastic packaged MS point cards for 50% off. Has anyone been lucky enough to find these around here at their local Blockbuster? I checked the one closest to me when I was looking at games for the B1G1 this week but they didn't have any.[/QUOTE]None at the Snellville GR off Ronald Reagan or the other Snellville GR off 124.

[quote name='io']Hello Atlanta people. I'm in ur town stealin' ur Blockbuster B1G1 games ;).

I have a nice little haul to bring home with me. It makes up for me missing the sale back home (I had to come out here for work). I am always peeved to pay sales tax (none back home), but then again, my car is paid for so I probably more than made up for it by not paying for gas.

In any case, all 3 of the stores I went to were very well stocked and I even went back again to one of them tonight after going there yesterday. It looked like nothing had been touched in that entire day's time.

I went to Norcross, John's Creek, and Lawrenceville - all had a ton of games and there's still a lot left most likely. It took a lot of driving to get around to all those. I guess the closures have spaced them all out pretty far from each other. But all 3 of those stores probably have 10x the games my local store back home has (they had about 30 total before the sale).[/QUOTE]If you went to Lawrenceville you shoulda stopped by the two Snellville GRs or the Grayson BBV. The two GRs are well stocked. Where is a Lawrenceville store?

[quote name='Clown069']i'm going to check out the Blockbuster in stockbridge tomorrow, hoping they have Rockband 3 on 360, not really a whole lot i'm interested in that's cheap, maybe Dead to Rights for easy achievements.[/QUOTE]Is there a code that you may lose out on buying used on Rock Band 3?

Anyone see a God of War 3 or if GoW collection is 14.99?

[quote name='jdawgg76']None at the Snellville GR off Ronald Reagan or the other Snellville GR off 124.

If you went to Lawrenceville you shoulda stopped by the two Snellville GRs or the Grayson BBV. The two GRs are well stocked. Where is a Lawrenceville store?

Is there a code that you may lose out on buying used on Rock Band 3?

Anyone see a God of War 3 or if GoW collection is 14.99?[/QUOTE]

The Grayson BBV sells games? I have never been in that one. I'll be over in that area tomorrow, so I guess I'll check out the other two GR. I never knew there were ones in Snellville.

Yeah, it's a regular BBV so the one time I was there there were only a few games, but BBV sent out stock to stores for this sale so it should have more in theory. I drove by it while the others were closing and it looked like it was not closing so it should still be open.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Anyone see a God of War 3 or if GoW collection is 14.99?[/QUOTE]

I saw two copies of God of War 3 at the Blockbuster in Fayetteville.

Microcenter in Marietta got restocked with $110 refurb 80gb PS3s. I picked one up, computer had plenty in the system.

If anyone is curious, they're the last batch of PS3s that aren't compatible with PS2 games.

Picked up a 360 wireless headset for $20 at the BB on Shallowford Road, across from the Target, in Marietta. One left that I saw. A couple of 360 wireless controllers for $25. They had some DS Lites marked down to $98 behind the counter, an Elite fat 360 for under $200 and an 80gb PS3 bundle for about $260 if I remember right.

Also picked up the Chris Farley biography from a BB over on Delk Rd for 1.49.

Game selection was meh for the most part.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
If you went to Lawrenceville you shoulda stopped by the two Snellville GRs or the Grayson BBV. The two GRs are well stocked. Where is a Lawrenceville store?[/QUOTE]

I dunno - I just used the Blockbuster store locator with Norcross as the starting location and went to the 5 closest to there. The first one was John's Creek, followed by Norcross, then Lawrenceville, then 2 in Atlanta that were below 285 - those were kind of far away and not so much worth the trip, but there you go...

It didn't appear that any of them were GR stores. I would have liked to have seen a GR store to see what the difference is these days. From the BBV thread I gathered there wasn't much difference anyway. I remember on a trip to ATL years ago it seemed like every one I went to was a GR store.

bread's done
Back