ATLUS E3 stuff...$1

Zon27

CAGiversary!
Feedback
40 (98%)
I did a search for ATLUS and nothing came up so hopefully this isn't a repost.

The front page of the ATLUS USA page has an offer for E3 Swag...all you have to do is send them a buck and you get their 2005 product catalog, an Atlus wrist strap, and an Atlus wipe cloth.

As per their front page:
http://www.atlus.com/

Sure it costs $1...but it's Atlus stuff and since my handle on here should be Atlus fiend I thought I'd share.

First 2500 people only. One per household.

The info:

Want to go to E3 but Mom won't pay for your bus fare? Tired of bidding on all this cool stuff on Ebay? Here's your chance to get in on it! The first 2500 people to respond to this offer will receive Atlus' full color 24 page 2005 Product Catalog and an Atlus/Jack Frost wrist strap/screen cleaner for your Nintendo DS, Sony PSP, mobile phone, camera etc.. All you need to do is send in your name and address and a check, money order, or well concealed cash in the amount of $1 for shipping and handling to the address below.

Atlus' E3 Schwag offer
15255 Alton Parkway, Suite 100
Irvine, CA 92618

Offer is valid to the first 2500 customers. One request per household. No dealers please.

[quote name='Scorch']The info:[/QUOTE]

Yes, I realized I forgot the link. Thanks for giving me less than 2 minutes to remember. :p

man where the hell was atlus at E3?!?!

I saw like an atlus sign on the wall and a shin megami tensei poster somewhere,

but dat was it...

Er...what if we send in the money and never get anything back because we weren't one of the 2500? I really want the swag but...

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Er...what if we send in the money and never get anything back because we weren't one of the 2500? I really want the swag but...[/QUOTE]

..is the dollar really that important to you? Furthermore, do you really think that more than 2,500 people have visited the Atlus website ever?

[quote name='alongx']..is the dollar really that important to you? Furthermore, do you really think that more than 2,500 people have visited the Atlus website ever?[/QUOTE]

yep, and if you send a check, I bet they will just rip it up if they have already surpassed the limit

I plan on sticking mine in the mail tomorrow

[quote name='alongx']..is the dollar really that important to you? Furthermore, do you really think that more than 2,500 people have visited the Atlus website ever?[/QUOTE]

yes, excessively important after shipping and stamps.

my friend just gave me all that stuff. the wrist strap is nice, but looks like it'll break easily.

This offer was thrown up on Atlus' main page on the 13th so there could be quite the line in front of you. I sent in my check in on the 14th or 16th and it still hasn't cleared. I'll update when it does...

[quote name='JEKKI']man where the hell was atlus at E3?!?!

but dat was it...[/QUOTE]

where yo saw the sign, thats where it was at.
You had to go to the main lobby,upstairs to your right.

[quote name='Starky27']This offer was thrown up on Atlus' main page on the 13th so there could be quite the line in front of you. I sent in my check in on the 14th or 16th and it still hasn't cleared. I'll update when it does...[/QUOTE]

I emailed them about two or so days before this post went up, seeing if it was too late to send in the money.

The customer service people sent me an email back that day saying they had plenty left, and that I'd get one if I still sent in the dollar.

As someone else said earlier, I don't think 2,500 people visit the Atlus site on a daily basis, so there's a huge chance you can still get one.

[quote name='Roufuss']I emailed them about two or so days before this post went up, seeing if it was too late to send in the money.

The customer service people sent me an email back that day saying they had plenty left, and that I'd get one if I still sent in the dollar.

As someone else said earlier, I don't think 2,500 people visit the Atlus site on a daily basis, so there's a huge chance you can still get one.[/QUOTE]

That's great news then. I needs me a Jack Frost wriststrap for my DS...

[quote name='SkyGheNe']yes, excessively important after shipping and stamps.[/QUOTE]

Well, if you're that afraid of losing the $1.57 that i'd cost you to send this out ($1 check, $.37 stamp, and $.20 envelope), then, by all means, avoid writing that check. Me...well, I think I may go for it, since I'd like a nice Atlus cleaning cloth for my DS.

A 24 page catalog, wristband, cloth for $1.37 (postage included)? Is that worth it? Maybe if there was a demo CD, even if it just contained game footage or something. You guys must be big Atlus fans.

[quote name='2poor']it's for cleaning your cell phone screen.[/QUOTE]

Cool, now I can thank ATLUS for allowing me to remove the earwax and gheri curl juice from my cell phone screen :)

Thanks Atlus! *blows kiss*

:D

[quote name='62t']who should we write the check to?[/QUOTE]

Happy Dude

It'd be funny if Atlus' site got hacked, and we're all sending a dollar to some random kid.

Hey, Cool. I didn't realize that Atlus was releasing this game:

"Samurai Western™ - An intense samurai action game from the makers of the ?Way of the Samurai series. You play the role of Gojiro Kiryu, a superhuman warrior on a mission of honor and justice in the Wild West. Featuring over 100 unlockables including over 25 playable characters, 70 accessories and 20 weapons, and a unique 2-player mode, this is one game you won't want to miss. Samurai Western is scheduled to ship in June on the PlayStation 2."

The screenshots look impressive. Reminds me of RISING ZAN:SAMURAI GUNMAN (also made by Atlus, I believe).

[quote name='2poor']my friend just gave me all that stuff. the wrist strap is nice, but looks like it'll break easily.[/QUOTE]

can you take pics of the atlus stuff? i dont really know what they look like

thanks

[quote name='mkg12']look in the Atlus forums, there is a picture there.

i sent my dollar a little over a week ago, hasn't come yet though

EDIT*
Here is the link to the forum with the pic

http://p211.ezboard.com/fatlususadiscussionboardfrm8.showMessage?topicID=271.topic[/QUOTE]

I wrote them the other day about my manual and inserts I sent out for over two weeks ago...

They told me that E3 has slowed all of their mailing, and that I should expect my stuff soon and they apologize. I imagine it's the same with this E3 stuff.

I'm in... Atlus always looks doing stuff like this. I remember having to send in a buck and a limited card to get the Thousand Arms soundtrack... this was back in 1999 or 2000.

[quote name='Kuma']24 page catalog? what the hell? are they listing stuff for the next 6 years?[/QUOTE]

Good question, when has Atlus ever had enough games to fill up 24 pages (I'm assuming this is your usual size catalog like about the size of your average guide, no not a DoubleJump guide though). :lol: Great comment kuma:applause::D

Oh yaeh, I don't think I'm going to go for this one since none of it is really enticing me and probably I'll miss out on it. I'd rather keep my dollar.

Right now Atlus has planned for the future -

PS 2

Digital Devil Saga 2 (August)
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (Winter 2005)
Samurai Western (June)

Nintendo DS

Snowboard Kids DS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

GBA

Riviera

Not to mention the games they just put out, such as Puyo Pop Fever, DDS 1, and Stella Deus. They can probably fill up 24 pages easily.

[quote name='Roufuss']Right now Atlus has planned for the future -

PS 2

Digital Devil Saga 2 (August)
Magna Carta: Tears of Blood (Winter 2005)
Samurai Western (June)

Nintendo DS

Snowboard Kids DS
Trauma Center: Under the Knife

GBA

Riviera

Not to mention the games they just put out, such as Puyo Pop Fever, DDS 1, and Stella Deus. They can probably fill up 24 pages easily.[/QUOTE]

You also forgot to mention Atelier Iris for PS2 in June. But still, even if they gave each of those a full page in their catalog, there would still be a lot of pages left, unless they also included past releases like Tsugania, SMT: N, etc. That Magna Carta game that you listed is new to me. It really sounds intriging especially since this is Atlus and Atlus is 97% of the time great. Any info on the game by any chance?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You also forgot to mention Atelier Iris for PS2 in June. But still, even if they gave each of those a full page in their catalog, there would still be a lot of pages left, unless they also included past releases like Tsugania, SMT: N, etc. That Magna Carta game that you listed is new to me. It really sounds intriging especially since this is Atlus and Atlus is 97% of the time great. Any info on the game by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Not really.. heard good things about it at E3, but never had the time to track down more info on it. I know it's an RPG, and judging from the cover it looks like it's set in the colonial days.

This is all IGN has on Magna Carta:

Korean developer Softmax's PS2 RPG Magna Carta: Tears of Blood is soon going to be made available to U.S. audiences thanks to Atlus. And we can't wait to play it.

Unfortunately, Tears of Blood wasn't playable, but there was a video presentation. The FMVs look fantastic, rivaling some of Square Enix's efforts, and the in-game graphics aren't shabby either.

The basic story revolves around a man named Calintz, a mercenary in the unit known as the "Tears of Blood," who thirsts for revenge against a race of powerful human-like creatures called the Yason. Along the way, he encounters a young woman named Reith, who, of course, has amnesia.

The game features a real-time combat system and a feature called the "Trinity Circle," which appears to be somewhat like the "Judgment Ring" from Shadow Hearts. Basically, there's a ring with three button icons on it, and you have to hit the appropriate button with exact timing.

Based upon the video presentation I saw, the game looks like it could be a strong contender against the more established RPG franchises. We'll have to wait and see if it can live up to our expectations when we actually get our hands on the game.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']You also forgot to mention Atelier Iris for PS2 in June. But still, even if they gave each of those a full page in their catalog, there would still be a lot of pages left, unless they also included past releases like Tsugania, SMT: N, etc. That Magna Carta game that you listed is new to me. It really sounds intriging especially since this is Atlus and Atlus is 97% of the time great. Any info on the game by any chance?[/QUOTE]

Ugh...so annoying when people say this but it's understandable.

Atelier Iris has NOTHING to do with atlus. Or rather, the other way around. Atelier Iris is developed by Gust and is published by Nippon Ichi.

Two different kinds of love here. A higher one for nippon ichi in my case.

I went to the booth too.
I enjoyed playing Samurai Western. DDS 2 was not playable, Magancarta...yawn... Makai Kingdom looks great.

The Catalog (that I picked up at their booth) is 24 pages, counting the front and back cover countains (2 pages ea):
DDS1
DDS 2
Stella Deus
Samurai Western
Magna Carta
SBK
Under the Knife
Puyo Puyo Fever
Riviera
Super Army War
Box Art Gallery

[quote name='JEKKI']man where the hell was atlus at E3?!?!

but dat was it...[/QUOTE]

Okay, there were those escalators right in front of West Hall. If you took them up, the media center would be on your left (along with like Pelican and some other companies), and Atlus was on the right side and down the hall a bit.

I won an iPod Shuffle from them ^_^

I just got my shwag today and it's rather meh. It was only a $1 though so I can't complain. Just a $1 less to throw in the collection basket on Sunday. :D

bread's done
Back