Atlus Super-Mega-Ultra 50% off PSN Sale

eau

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/11/15/introducing-the-atlus-super-mega-ultra-50-off-psn-sale/

:psp: Class of Heroes $19.99
:psp: Crimson Gem Saga $14.99
:ps3: Droplitz $4.99
:psp: Hammerin’ Hero $9.99
:psp: Hexyz Force $14.99
:psp: Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble $19.99
:psp: Riviera: The Promised Land $7.49
:psp: R-Type Command $7.49
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $19.99
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable $19.99
:psp: Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournamet $7.49

EDIT: Sale good from 11/16 to 11/29, when PSN Store gets its weekly update.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']Opinions on R-Type Command? I played the demo and found it slow. Does that improve with time?[/QUOTE]

I'm a big fan of R-Type Command, so I'm happy to answer any questions. But I'm not sure what you are commenting on. Can you be more specific? It's turn-based strategy so.....slow?

If you mean loading times, those do suck. But you can turn off battle animations, which helps a lot.

What I love about the game is the ease of use and variety of units. Too many strategy titles require you to memorize volumes of stats or use a cheat guide to find rare combos/weapons/etc. R-Type puts it all up front. You earn weapon upgrades as you go, as long as you fully explore each stage (not tough to do). And seeing the weapon stats and ranges while playing is simple. Most every ship has multiple offensive/defensive options, which gives you lots of flexibility while playing.

For example, one neat twist is "charged" weapons. These are like wave motion guns from Star Blazers/Yamato. The catch is that they take several turns to charge, and if a ship takes even one hit during that time, the charge resets to zero. So do you rush in and risk losing your charge, or hang back and let them become superweapons? :D

P3P for $20 is insanity. I highly recommend it, and it's also a good entry to the franchise if you haven't tried one.

[quote name='marineal']when you buy a digital psp game, how many times can you transfer the game?[/QUOTE]

5 other systems.

[quote name='marineal']when you buy a digital psp game, how many times can you transfer the game?[/QUOTE]
As previously stated, your account can be activated on up to 5 systems -- both PSP and PS3 alike. So even if you only have Persona 3 Portable on your PSP, but have your account on four PS3s, you will not be able to install P3P on another PSP without first deactivating one of your other accounts.

On the activated systems the games can be downloaded as many times as you want.
[quote name='ssjmichael']Thanks for posting that. Kind of reminded me of Yakuza in terms of presentation, but more over the top.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, after watching that video it sold me on the game. I still don't understand why it was ever $39.99.

per... son.. a... 3????

where is my credit card i had it a moment ago
[quote name='mr_burnzz']Hey guys, I have a $20 PSN card for those that are interested. $16 paypal (firm), please :).[/QUOTE]
i could do this

While I'd prefer physical copies, I'll probably snag Hexyz Force (due to the relative rarity of the UMD) and Crimson Gem Saga (on a whim). Reminds me of when I got Lunar during the PSN Summer Sale also for half off. I doubt I would have paid full price for any of the three.

[quote name='Zippon'] If you mean loading times, those do suck. But you can turn off battle animations, which helps a lot.

After learning about the slow loading times, I might have to get the PSN version of R-type Command instead of the UMD version.

Still wish there was a legit way of installing a UMD game onto a memory stick to improve loading times. Kind of like the Xbox 360 installing games to its hard drive. I would so pick up an additional 2 or 4 GB memory stick just for those slow loading games.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']
After learning about the slow loading times, I might have to get the PSN version of R-type Command instead of the UMD version. [/QUOTE]

Dur. I forgot that these may improve since this version is digital. :dunce:

Seems like the loading times were mainly due to poor programming, though. It wasn't like large assets were being loaded. Just moving from one menu to another (outside of combat) took a while, which was ridiculous. In-combat, where you spend most of your time, was load-free (cinematic combat animations being the only exception).

Picking up all of these. Just gotta go pick up a couple $50 PSN cards :D
:psp: Class of Heroes $19.99
:psp: Crimson Gem Saga $14.99
:psp: Hexyz Force $14.99
:psp: Riviera: The Promised Land $7.49
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona $19.99
:psp: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable $19.99

great deals but i'm still on umd....i know i have the option to dwnld but i'd rather have the umd....

[quote name='vherub']so psp gamesharing is a hassle?
be nice to grab a bunch for $20[/QUOTE]
Yes. In order to play the games downloaded from another account, you must be signed in to said account. Only game share with close friends or family, IMO. Even then it's hardly worth the hassle.

As a note that also applies for games you download from the US/EUR/JPN stores on other accounts. So if you have a Japanese PSN account and you want to play a game you downloaded from it, you have to sign out of your standard account and sign in to your Japanese account to play.

Wait, you can create a JP account to buy JP games? Is it a hassle to get it funded, or do point cards work the same?

[quote name='fujishig']Wait, you can create a JP account to buy JP games? Is it a hassle to get it funded, or do point cards work the same?[/QUOTE]

The only way I know to fund it is to buy prepaid cards. You can do it from Play-Asia, eBay, etc. but it's very expensive now because of the exchange rate.

Not to mention Sony could probably decide to crack down on foreign accounts at any time... so I don't invest too much in mine.

I bought Riviera: The Promised Land full price when I got my PSP Go about a month and a half ago. So far I'm only like halfway done with level 2 (since I seem to spend all my PSP time playing the demo of Hot Shots Tennis).

Anyhow, it's definitely a unique game: half rpg, half dating sim. I never played the GBA version, but I love how all the dialog is audible (no reading through loads of text). Also when you load the game, you can chose to listen to either Japanese or English voice actors. There is also no real free movement at all. You basically go either left, up, right, or down (if available) to the next room. You have the option to "Look" around the room for hidden paths/items/dialogs, but they cost points. You have a limited number of points which you get from winning battles. Battle system is turn based. You can only have 4 items with you in battle and that includes your party's weapons.

All in all, it's definitely a good game to pick up especially for only $7.50. Graphics are good, and Voice Acting is pretty good too. Though the movement system may turn people off, it's a good rpg to play anywhere and anytime. No need to have a guide to follow or anything.

Here's a review for it too: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/rivierayakusokunochi/review.html

Anybody played these games before?
Steambot Chronicles Battle Tournament
Hammerin’ Hero

Is it worth getting?

I plan of getting those together with Riviera.

Crimson Gem Saga or Hexyz Force

Which one of the two is a better overall game? I'm kinda leaning towards Hexyz Force, especially after seeing a review saying Crimson Gem Saga is a complete grindfest. Anyone who's played both, care to give an opinion?

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']Anybody played these games before?
Hammerin’ Hero

Is it worth getting?

I plan of getting those together with Riviera.[/QUOTE]

Steambot is pretty much mission based. It's not too bad, but very repetitive.

Hammerin’ Hero

Is it worth getting?

As I posted before, Hammerin Hero is a lot of fun, especially if you like side-scrolling platformers and Japanese craziness/weirdness. It is unfortunately very short but there is some replay value where you can unlock stuff and try to beat the game with each costume, if you're into that sort of stuff.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Crimson Gem Saga or Hexyz Force

Which one of the two is a better overall game? I'm kinda leaning towards Hexyz Force, especially after seeing a review saying Crimson Gem Saga is a complete grindfest. Anyone who's played both, care to give an opinion?[/QUOTE]

Hexyz Force gets the nod. CGS's combination of recycled assets and lack of dungeon maps might piss you off.

Hammerin’ Hero

Is it worth getting?

Steambot's pretty charming and fun. I didn't care for Hammerin' Hero as much (it's a old school-inspired beat em up), but still worth the money.

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']Hexyz Force gets the nod. CGS's combination of recycled assets and lack of dungeon maps might piss you off.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, definitely going to get Hexyz Force then.

[quote name='Hell Monkey']Got Hexyz Force this morning.

Anyone know how Kenka Bancho or Class of Heroes is?[/QUOTE]

I thought Class of Heroes sucked. It's a dungeon crawler where the bosses are almost a dice roll of win in one round or lose in one round.

[quote name='gunstar808']Man this deal makes me want to find a PSP GO for cheap. Is that crazy?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Buy a PSP 3000, then you'll be able to play downloadable games and UMDs.

I had been considering Riviera for a while, now for $7.49=pulled the trigger a couple days ago.

I have found it quite entertaining, always looking forward to finding out what new overlimit special attacks the latest weapon I've found has (and it can often yield multiple types of attacks, depending on what character uses it).

Also, the PSP version is fully voiced in English (jp is also available), which is very welcome given the competent voice-over work and all the interaction between lead Ein and the other characters as another focus of the game.

side note: other titles of interest include P3, which I'm satisfied with having played through P3:FES on PS2, and already have Persona on UMD

there's a lot of 'slightly wrong' or 'mostly right' info on psp gamesharing in this thread, so i'll lay it out clear and concise.

an account can be on up to 5 PS3s. Each of those PS3s can be synched to a different PSP. Therefore, an account can be on maximum ten devices (as long as the psps go through a master ps3 account, since that only counts as 1 usage for psn). Gamesharing works at the account level not at the game level -- that is, all games bought on an account can be played by machines with that account activated.

Now, the biggest difference between gamesharing ps3 and psp is that while you can have 16 accounts on your ps3, you can only have one active account on your psp. So, for example, if you download psp games on different accounts on you'll need to sync up and switch accounts to change what games you can play. This can be a pain, so it's recommended to do all your psp buying on a single account. Best case scenario for a gamesharer, immediately after buying your psp you find a good group of people to buy with.

While a pain to have to switch accounts, it's actually not that difficult and can be done in under a minute if you're near your ps3. You do not need to delete games from your card, you simply can't play them until you reactive the owner account.

on topic -- sadly, i picked up p3p and riveria recently... but just added COH, Hexyz and CGS to my collection thanks to this sale.

And while I do own a 3000, I much prefer digital copies... I love having a huge collection of games available to me without toting around UMDS...

You can download and install the game as much as you want, forever. The limits are simply on the number of active accounts as explained above. But you can always deactivate on one machine and activate on another, so there is no finite limit to 'transfering' in any, way, shape, or form. The only hard limit is 5 psps at a time, but you can switch those psps by deactivating and activating for eternity. all 5 currently active accounts can play any game owned by that account.

[quote name='gunstar808']Man this deal makes me want to find a PSP GO for cheap. Is that crazy?

-[/QUOTE]

Yes very much so. Just buy a regular PSP you'll save money and have the full experience.

I know these are not Atlus games, but since a few folks asked, Disgaea 2 is $19.99, Prinny is $9.99, and Disgaea Infinite is $14.99 on PSN right now. Sorry if these were posted already!

[quote name='Ionotropic']I know these are not Atlus games, but since a few folks asked, Disgaea 2 is $19.99, Prinny is $9.99, and Disgaea Infinite is $14.99 on PSN right now. Sorry if these were posted already![/QUOTE]

Yup, and those are permanent price drops. No need to rush in purchasing them.

bread's done
Back