Authentic or not! Wii-backups may now be possible!

Firmware update FTW.

After watching it again, I'm thinking this is totally bogus. Why would putting an SD card into the Wii allow backups to be played? We're never shown what is on the SD card (except the picture that says "Wii Bootloader") and the Wii doesn't access SD cards for game saves so how would this even work? Unless the Wii launching some code from the SD card when it accesses it as part of the Photo Channel - which is a possibility I guess.

There was also no shot at the end of the backup disc being ejected back out. I'm thinking the video is cut when the camera pans down to see the SD card and the real Zelda disc is put in.

I have no doubt that the Wii will get hacked at some point, but I don't think that video is real.

I'm thinking the same as Lebowsky here. I think someone ejected the game when he did his shitty zoom in twice of the screen to show the Wii BootLoader icon.

Ok. All I am seeing is someone running a 1 min video of them booting up zelda off of an SD card. Even as the system "restarts" it says avi in the corner of the tv screen.

Explain to me how we're supposed to believe this when all we see is a screen, and no actual offscreen controls at all?

Either way, go go gadget firmware.

[quote name='ahmedmalik']http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=12715

Discuss gentleman.

EDIT: Who else notices the feisty pirate music accompanying the video?
[/QUOTE]

Well, the GCN had a few faked videos running around showing burned media running on the console. This person could be concealing a different Wii and having someone else swap out the discs.

I'm going to go with fake until something a little more concrete turns up.

[quote name='hohez']Ok. All I am seeing is someone running a 1 min video of them booting up zelda off of an SD card. Even as the system "restarts" it says avi in the corner of the tv screen.

Explain to me how we're supposed to believe this when all we see is a screen, and no actual offscreen controls at all?

Either way, go go gadget firmware.[/quote]

I thought it said "AV1" in the corner which would be the name of that input on the TV. Either way, it looks to be a fake.

Generally not buying it since the Zelda boot screen was already displayed in the channel when he went back to the menu. I doubt whatever code could be run by clicking on an image would have started reading the disc to display that so quickly. I could be wrong though.

ya i saw this a few days, i'm just gonna wait until January so we can find out its fake.

my thinking behind this is that if someone really did this they wouldn't wait nearly a month to release it, cuz its not like he needs time to put it into production in order to get it on the market

then again i could be wrong and it could be legit, i expected it to be hacked at some point but not in under a month

[quote name='lebowsky']Firmware update FTW.

There was also no shot at the end of the backup disc being ejected back out. I'm thinking the video is cut when the camera pans down to see the SD card and the real Zelda disc is put in.
[/QUOTE]

No, it's cut when they zoom in on the Wii Bootloader pic. Zoom+cut to black=edit.

Fake, move on.

I'm guessing its a fake, but even if its not its not gonna hurt the big N too bad, I'm thinking most of the Wii owners are never even gonna hear about this sort of thing unlike the original xbox which was completely taken advantage of. (250 gig hd, 45+ xbox games, 25 Ps1, 40 n64, entire sega and snes library)

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']No, it's cut when they zoom in on the Wii Bootloader pic. Zoom+cut to black=edit.

Fake, move on.[/QUOTE]

definitely cut and edit

further up i said if it were real they would release it and not wait, but then I thought if it is real they could be waiting until the new channels come out so nintendo cant block the exploit in an update

just a thought

Those two wii's don't even have the same firmware. The first has the bent taskbar (for lack of a better name) of an updated wii while the second one has the straight taskbar of an un-updated wii... Fun music though... and the Wii Bootloader jpeg is nicely done.

bread's done
Back