Automotive - what are you rollin' in?

Gorgasm

CAG Veteran
I figured this thread might be a hit.

I drive an 88 Sunbird convertible, which I call the golden piece of shit, its pretty but it runs like an 88' but since I don't mind getting my hands dirty and work in an automotive shop, It is the perfect car for me.

29130_10150179806190094_519755093_12233782_5512174_n.jpg

29130_10150179797510094_519755093_12233567_2709582_n.jpg

29130_10150179793480094_519755093_12233515_6013564_n.jpg

Just sold my two 10'' Kenwoods out of it

birf.jpg

Your turn.

Last edited by a moderator:
A previously wrecked, but "fixed" 2002 VW Jetta. It has a sunroof that I yell "money ain't a thang" out of when passing cars newer than mine.

Looks like you've done some minor upgrades on the interior and have a slot for a "radio" below your center console ;)

I drive a black 95 Chevy Monte Carlo, but I don't know for how much longer as I'm sick of having to put money into it every year for repairs. Right now, it has a non working ac compressor, windows while currently working were sticking a lot during the winter, an oil leak, a bad shock, and something loose in the front bumper.

I start a new job tomorrow, so I'm hoping to save a grand or two and see if there's anything actually out there or not. That's provided it'll be too expensive to fix (which I might get a friend to look at a month or two from now).

[quote name='seen']Looks like you've done some minor upgrades on the interior and have a slot for a "radio" below your center console ;)[/QUOTE]

good eye!, I just sold my two 10'' Kenwoods with a Sony Xplod amp and deck and will be upgrading when I find a deal that catches my eye.

so apperantly I can't post pictures so I'll try to edit it into my main post.

Well....until yesterday I had a pretty sweet 2006 Dodge Charger....until some guy smashed into me because he was tail-gating me way too close. After estimates i MIGHT still have it...or something else.

2003 Hyundai Tiburon 4cyl. It's been good to be but im sick of it (wife and 2 kids dont fit in it). Keeping it around cause its paid off and it is in good shape. Will eventually buy the wife a bigger suv (sequoia or something like that) and I will drive her car (2008 Hyundai Santa Fe SE).

J5PmD.jpg

I was driving a '91 Dodge Dynasty up till November of 09. Unfortunately when I went to get it inspected I was told there's nothing left underneath and they couldn't pass it.

Before that was a '90 Pontiac Grand Am, an '88 Monte Carlo and an '86 Monte Carlo.

But as of right now I'm using the two things I was given at the end of my legs for transportation.

2004 Toyota Camry. I'm not much of a car guy, so as long as it gets me from Point A to Point B, I'm good. This one has been pretty reliable.

2003 Hyundai Elantra. Has been incredibly reliable, just over 70,000 miles now with no real problems. Gets pretty good gas mileage and can fit in small parking spots, just what I need.

Currently, a '99 Accord LX sedan. Got it back in may for 7k with 66k original miles on it and every last detail documented about everything. Do wish it were the V6, but want to do a few mods here and there

Now its a 2008 Ford Focus Coupe, I had my doubts about fords, espeically the Focus, but it gets great gas mileage 35-37 on the highway it gets me to work and what not handles well in the snow, I may think about upgrading to a Civic hybrid or a 2006 TDI

Before that it was a red 1999 Cavalier...it had its fair share of problems but when gas was very pricey 2 years ago, I did get about $400 more then its worth with 104,000 miles on it.

96 Blazer. It's bigger than a car, so I can haul stuff (which I do VERY often), but smaller than a truck, so it doesn't burn up too much gas. Holds more people too. I miss my manual transmission Altima, but I do like my Blazer.

Got a 2006 Lincoln LS V8 five years ago next month, then I moved, so for the past 3 years, it's been a combination of the campus bus, subway and taxis. As a result, the car only has 12,000 miles.

1996 Mitsubishi Galant S. It works great, especially now that I fixed the two problems that were annoying me. Plus, I'm gettin 25 to a gallon, even with A/C on. Hell yeah!

[quote name='GhostShark']1999 Chevy Lumina. Pretty decent car and still rides rather smoothly.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I've ever seen one of those before you mentioned it; interesting.

[quote name='Gorgasm']good eye!, I just sold my two 10'' Kenwoods with a Sony Xplod amp and deck and will be upgrading when I find a deal that catches my eye.
[/QUOTE]

Get 1 12" you'll have plenty of bass; unless you like sharing your music with the neighborhood when you drive by then stick with the 10"s.

[quote name='GhostShark']1999 Chevy Lumina. Pretty decent car and still rides rather smoothly.[/QUOTE]

I can't say I've ever seen one of those before you mentioned it; interesting.

2010 VW GTI, got it last month. My friend helped me learn to drive stickshift so I decided on the GTI a week after learning. Used to drive a 2006 Corolla S before that.

[quote name='seen']Get 1 12" you'll have plenty of bass; unless you like sharing your music with the neighborhood when you drive by then stick with the 10"s.

I can't say I've ever seen one of those before you mentioned it; interesting.[/QUOTE]

a couple years back I had one 10'' and it was perfect I was gonna go for a newer 10'' but now that I got a convertible, I feel like I am obligated to turn heads, and when the top is down at a pit party, the sound is amazing. So I figure two 12'' should do the trick for this puppy.

Just traded in my 02 Eclipse GS (I had for 9 years) two weeks ago for a 2005 Subaru WRX.. I absolutely freakin' love this car too.

[quote name='GenDV138']2010 VW GTI, got it last month. My friend helped me learn to drive stickshift so I decided on the GTI a week after learning. Used to drive a 2006 Corolla S before that.[/QUOTE]

Awesome car. Love the redesign.

2003 VW Passat GLX wagon and 2004 Miata on nice weekends.

2004 Discovery SE with HSE wheels tonga green with full brushbar aka the Lochness Rough Landin (only 39K miles!)
2008 TSX black aka Smooth Takeoff

96 Nissan Maxima, the poor mans BMW.

It is actually pretty damn nice considering I got it for free, I can afford a newer but I plan on keeping Maxine around for a few more years.

Used to drive a '97 Civic HX. I miss the 35 MPG... The car had no A/C, but it was a manual so it was pretty fun to drive.
img2502wb5.jpg

Now I drive an '07 328xi.
img0043kr.jpg

edit:

Here's a nicer shot at the Kancamagus Highway in NH:

4667403393_7071e73de7_b.jpg

2001 Black Ford Police Interceptor has black wheels with star caps (no top lights since that's illegal but, it still has a working spot light on the front). I love it looks just like an undercover cop car. The trunk could probably fit at least seven dead hookers too.

a 1972 Mercury Marquis Brougham w/ Ford 429 (pulled from road for now, fixing some body rot/prep for new paint job) and a 2004/05 (half year model) F-150 Supercrew short bed , Triton 5.4 V8 :)

I have a 2005 Maxima SE and a 2007 Volkswagen DSG GTI. Every mile on them is my own. I bought them new. They are both just a bit over 50,000 miles.

Honestly, I really love both of them, and they ended up being great purchases. The GTI is a bit tempermental and needs constant attention and maintenance but is fun. The Maxima is incredibly reliable, easy to cruise for long distances in, and is perfect for driving around clients.

When one of these cars hits roughly 150,000 miles, I'll donate it to charity. That's what I did with my last car, an Acura RSX.

bread's done
Back