Awesome 24pk (CAG) DS card case $9.67 with 12% off coupon at PenguinUnited

UncleBob

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
UPDATE: CAG case now in-stock
Use coupon code: cagexclusive

For those of you who haven't visited, PenguinUnited carries some pretty spiffy accessories. Well, I assume they're spiffy, I've only ordered their 24 pk DS card pouch...

Fellow CAGer dyreschlock posted a nice review of the case with some good pics:
http://www.theschlock.com/blog/?p=123

And fellow CAGer Strell has nice things to say about it...
[quote name='Strell']Indeed. This thing works very nicely, I must say. I'd venture to say it holds them a little too snugly, but that's being overly picky.

The only complaint I have is that the back most page is oriented differently, but this is like complaining "the fourth apple I got had a stem on it, and the others didn't."

It really is a nice little case. Zips shut, holds 24 games in a small space, looks stylish, and has a cute little penguin logo that my gf likes. I might get 2 more at some point (yes, I am a nerd with that many games).

Anyway, really recommend it if you can pay a slight premium on something like a games case.[/quote]
I'm not sure what he's talking about the back page... both of the ones I ordered were fine.

Anywhoo, onto the deal. I finally broke down and ordered a pair of these the other day (after failing to find a coupon anywhere). Once I received them in the mail, I immedatly noticed that they were very high quality. I posted on another forum about them and shot an e-mail off to the nice folks at PenguinUnited.com thanking them for the awesome merchandise, mentioning my SPAM post and asking if they had a coupon code they'd like me to hand out as well.

They hooked me up with the coupon code: 'thankyoufrompenguin'. It gives you 12% off your order (pre-shipping). These cases are a deal at $10 and a steal at $8.80.

[quote name='djbooba']Both cases are the new materials. I have the old ones and the new ones.[/QUOTE]

THANKS!

Only took 3 posts across 4 pages, but I got me an answer. In for one. Though I doubt I'll ever get over 6 DS games. Oh well.

[quote name='Rocko']Or they don't know the answer.[/QUOTE]

Multiple people were buying multiple cases with and without the CAG mark. But you're right, many probably didn't know there were even changes made to the materials.

Hey guys sorry about that, we should have been here to answer your questions. But you know weekends could skip work sometimes. Yes both cases with or without the CAG mark are made of better materials. The inside covers are more transparent and its made of better material. The first time yo use it maybe not as easy to open as the previous verion, but in the long run its better material.

Thanks

Richard

Sure I suppose after we runs out of the current supplies. We orginally discountinued the red version because everyone picked the grey version.

Generally we are happy with the way this product is designed, its nice a simple.

In the future, if we do reprint these cases, we are thinking about doing a design competition, which we may need to ask for the help of gaming community. This is just a thought though, what do you guys think.

Richard

[quote name='wantfieldh']Sure I suppose after we runs out of the current supplies. We orginally discountinued the red version because everyone picked the grey version.

Generally we are happy with the way this product is designed, its nice a simple.

In the future, if we do reprint these cases, we are thinking about doing a design competition, which we may need to ask for the help of gaming community. This is just a thought though, what do you guys think.

Richard[/QUOTE]

I think it would be AWESOME if you got a vector graphic of CheapyD with him fisting the cash. CheapyD would be so honored that his cartoony face is plastered on all the CAGs DS Game holders.

But then I would feel bad for Wombat.

Well I would like to see the red reprinted, or a new design, only because I'd like to buy two and be able to distinguish between the two, but I like the CAG logo too much to get one without. :p

Love the case, and it was something hard to open the pouches but now they work perfectly. Great product.

Just got my case. I love it, but as mentioned by a previous poster, I have a little trouble zipping it up. The bottom corner of the zipper seems loose and isn't flush to the rest of the zipper; it requires some wiggling and pinching of the bottom corner to get it going. Is this normal?

This case is godly! Once I put a DS card in each of the slots and took it out, they all were perfect, and ready for my games for the trip to Italy

My stuff came today, yay! Someone asked about the silicon DS Lite cases; I ordered one of them and it seems very nice but a little loose (which I suppose is necessary in order for all of the ports and buttons to be accessible). Also on the looseness, I'm used to super-tight silicon covers which take hours of fighting to get on and off, so I'm coming from a different perspective. It's a nice texture and material and it feels like it would absorb a good amount of shock (I'm not going to test that theory by chucking my DS against the wall, though).
Oh, and its not that icky silicon which is weirdly sticky and picks up tons of dirt - its much smoother. It also has a neat nearly invisible PU stamp on the top lower right corner - you have to look hard to spot it, or run your fingers over it to notice it. Very cool.
I recommend it, at any rate.

Also: I too ordered the normal (non-CAG) cases and got ones with the CAG mark (I'd ordered before they produced the CAG ones) but am just as happy with this version.

Anybody else having trouble w/ the zipper snagging at the bottom corner? I'm just wondering if mine might be defective. Thanks.

[quote name='masumo']Anybody else having trouble w/ the zipper snagging at the bottom corner? I'm just wondering if mine might be defective. Thanks.[/quote]

I hate when that happens with jeans :mad:

I just received my 2 cases today. I ordered them without the CAG mark, but both I received have the CAG mark. I just contacted customer service about this, so hopefully they'll exchange my cases for two withou the CAG mark. Nothing against CAG, but having it stamped on my game case is just not my thing.

I got mine! At first glance, I though I got ripped off, because I only had enough sleeves for 12 games, but after further examination, I realized the pages were stuck together. Don't make the same mistake!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback. By the way please checkout this thread by
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148344 started by Animal7390

We cannot promise we will make it though, but its a pretty nice idea.

For gaming accessories, usually you have to produce them by the thousands. Thats why bigger company would never customize anything, as its not "worth while" for them. As a smaller company, we are more willing to do that... but its not always as easy as snap of a finger either. This simple looking gamecard pouch took us a good month to develop too, but obviously we don't just sit around and focus on this case.

Either way, we're more than happy to listen to other suggestions for useful gaming gears.

As for the bad zipper, it happens from time to time, please contact our customer service and we'll more than happy to give you an exchange.

One questions for those that ordered our old cases. Do you guys rather have the old inside pages material where it is less transparent but easier to put in the gamecards? or the newer material which is less easy to put in the gamecard but more transparent?

Thanks

Richard
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=17138

Well I ordered mine just now :) I am currently using the 3 packs from Best Buy and they work good, but I hate having so many of them in use. This should be a good solution for home use. I do not think I would ever take that many games with me on a trip lol.

Got mine today. After looking at it for about 10 seconds (and showing my wife who said it's quite girly), I decided to "customize" mine to green. I thought I'd share some pics of it:

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/955/955aa96d66ce0dc60afc1cdcdc692d7d.jpg?ts=1187060446 http://www.fotothing.com/photos/a89/a89d9d4a9117fcc32093022ab0f22b28.jpg?ts=1187060515 http://www.fotothing.com/photos/bdd/bdd55690328b80cf210cd2a9d589a3bf.jpg?ts=1187060558

I simply used a green permanent marker, the pleather seemed to eat it up and doesn't rub off. I tried out 3 types of green perm. marker before finding the one that stuck the best and didn't spit-wash off at all.

Now I'm 100% satisfied with my CAGCase :)

Oh, and this icon on the back of the box FTW: http://www.fotothing.com/photos/2e5/2e5f85c5524c2fd4230e430813a38edb.jpg?ts=11870607277

PU: I didn't see the old inserts, but these are crystal clear. You can't even tell my games are in them in the pic save for the flash glare on a few. Very nice, indeed.

EDIT: I can't get my pics to show directly in my post...it automatically hyperlinks them instead :oldman:

[quote name='Kerig']Got mine today. After looking at it for about 10 seconds (and showing my wife who said it's quite girly), I decided to "customize" mine to green. I thought I'd share some pics of it:

http://www.fotothing.com/photos/955/955aa96d66ce0dc60afc1cdcdc692d7d.jpg?ts=1187060446 http://www.fotothing.com/photos/a89/a89d9d4a9117fcc32093022ab0f22b28.jpg?ts=1187060515 http://www.fotothing.com/photos/bdd/bdd55690328b80cf210cd2a9d589a3bf.jpg?ts=1187060558

I simply used a green permanent marker, the pleather seemed to eat it up and doesn't rub off. I tried out 3 types of green perm. marker before finding the one that stuck the best and didn't spit-wash off at all.

Oh, and this icon on the back of the box FTW: http://www.fotothing.com/photos/2e5/2e5f85c5524c2fd4230e430813a38edb.jpg?ts=11870607277

PU: I didn't see the old inserts, but these are crystal clear. You can't even tell my games are in them in the pic save for the flash glare on a few. Very nice, indeed.[/quote]

That looks awesome like that! Great idea and you did it well.

Just ordered a case with the CAG mark and a blue silicon jacket w/screenguard. Look forward to getting them! I've really been needing a storage solution for my growing DS collection.

Got mine last night and loaded it up with games. Even the wife, who usually rolls her eyes at my game-related purchases (especially cases) found the case sharp and functional. I told her about how PU had put the case back in production largely because of CAG interest and how we were rewarded with the logo and the coupon, and she was impressed.

Hmm. I'm trying to order from the site, but it seems to be having internal problems. Anyone else encountering this?

Site started working again properly after I came back from lunch. $12.15 total, with $4.25 coming from my Paypal. So only $7.90 coming out of my pocket! Sweeeeeeeeet.

[quote name='Kerig']Got mine today. After looking at it for about 10 seconds (and showing my wife who said it's quite girly), I decided to "customize" mine to green. I thought I'd share some pics of it:

PU: I didn't see the old inserts, but these are crystal clear. You can't even tell my games are in them in the pic save for the flash glare on a few. Very nice, indeed.

EDIT: I can't get my pics to show directly in my post...it automatically hyperlinks them instead :oldman:[/QUOTE]

May I ask what kind of permanent marker you used? I'd love to have one with black lining.

Hi guys,

As for the logo/no logo mistake. We orginally thought the manufacturer organized it for us, so after we saw a couple of the logoed ones in one box, we thought the whole box was logoed. Guess we are wrong! the whole thing was all messed up. And due to our packaging, we can't see it at a glance if it had logo or not. Sorry for the trouble, we will exchange them no questions asked.

We must thank everyone for the support! its very rewarding to come on online and see what people has to say about our product! makes our day interesting. Thanks

Just another question wantfieldh. I ordered mine when it came out, along with the wii pistol light gun. When should I recieve it? I haven't yet.

[quote name='wantfieldh']Hi guys,

As for the logo/no logo mistake. We orginally thought the manufacturer organized it for us, so after we saw a couple of the logoed ones in one box, we thought the whole box was logoed. Guess we are wrong! the whole thing was all messed up. And due to our packaging, we can't see it at a glance if it had logo or not. Sorry for the trouble, we will exchange them no questions asked.

We must thank everyone for the support! its very rewarding to come on online and see what people has to say about our product! makes our day interesting. Thanks[/QUOTE]

So will the mixup still occur with new orders? I'd personally prefer the clean look with just the cute penguin.

Heh heh, my two cases arrived the same day as my W11 Version DS so it was a good day :mrgreen:

I like the CAG logo, and I'll give the Green Sharpee custom deal a shot since it would flow a lot better with the case. The pages were a bit of a pain, but no biggie, after a few uses they seem to go in/out easier.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']
May I ask what kind of permanent marker you used? I'd love to have one with black lining.[/quote]

I went with Sharpie, but it wasn't the regular green, it was from a pack that had odd colors, the only name I remember from the pack was "marigold" for the yellowish one. The green was almost a classic puke color. If you're doing black, find as many black perms that you have lying around the house and just test them all out. Black will be a bit tougher to get to look nice. If I remember correctly from my Gundam days, sharpie black seems to have a reddish tint to it, Bic black perm might be a better choice.

DIY COLOR UPDATE: It seems to be sticking quite well. Today I took a wet napkin and rubbed it down, it only put a faint amount of green on the napkin (what I would call "leftovers") and didn't affect the look of the case at all. definitely worth a try.

On a side-note, by using any dark marker on the trim, it will instantly change the stitching thread from white to black, a little bonus I noticed immediately after starting.

[quote name='ep2011']Just another question wantfieldh. I ordered mine when it came out, along with the wii pistol light gun. When should I recieve it? I haven't yet.[/quote]

hi Ep2001,

You should be getting it soon. We had trouble with the light gun being in stock immedatly, but those are sent out on monday. yours should be a priority shipment, so should get there soon. Sorry for the delay.

Richard

[quote name='wantfieldh']hi Ep2001,

You should be getting it soon. We had trouble with the light gun being in stock immedatly, but those are sent out on monday. yours should be a priority shipment, so should get there soon. Sorry for the delay.

Richard[/quote]

Okay, thanks again for the super customer service. Just was wondering why it wasn't here, I figured it was the light gun, just wanted to make sure it wasn't lost in the mail or something. Thanks a ton!

I got mine yesterday and it is fantastic.

I only have one suggestion. An extra page with slots for extra stylus would be cool.

[quote name='4est']I got mine yesterday and it is fantastic.

I only have one suggestion. An extra page with slots for extra stylus would be cool.[/QUOTE]

IDK if a whole page would be necessary. But an elastic band on the inside or back cover with holes for extra styli (?) would be cool. I'm thinking of like portfolios or binders where you can keep your pen in.

On the original style cases, there's a little loop on the inside front cover that can be used to hold an extra stylus. I dunno if this loop is in the newer style cases yet or not...

[quote name='UncleBob']On the original style cases, there's a little loop on the inside front cover that can be used to hold an extra stylus. I dunno if this loop is in the newer style cases yet or not...[/quote]

It is there. I will have to try that. The thing I like most about this case is that customization is not going to be an issue.

Yes, the stylus loop is there. These things are great, I just got two! The CAG logo is a little silly (too bad those aren't my initials!) but it's a terrific solution to the problem of having too many DS games.

I wish they'd make a GBA version. I recently put all my GBA games into a binder full of baseball card sleeves. Not perfect, but at least I can see all the titles this way.

PU took care of my zipper issue quickly and with no questions asked. These guys have incredible customer service.

Sorry I know this question's been asked before, I just don't want to go digging through this thread.

So have people not been getting shipping notices?

Got mine in the mail yesterday. While I chuckled at the guy whose wife didn't roll her eyes at the purchase, my wife also responded with a "Wow, that's really neat."

Even more amazing, she has the puke-green Sharpie that came in the set with the Marigold marker. :lol:

Just received my case without the CAG Mark (damn this thing really is smaller than it looks in pics). I love it.
Also received my silicon (white) DS cover and it also looks great. The material is smooth. My DS now reminds me of a tiny Apple Macbook.
I agree with the earlier post that the casing is a bit loose but not so much that its a bother.
Thanks Penguin United and CAG

i received my 2 with CAG mark a few days ago and they are nice and small and better than i thought becasue it is smaller. i will post my pics sometime hopefully soon. thank you again for all of your customer service and products richard. if you like this product and would like to see more go to this poll.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148344
and if you vote can you try to post also with how many you would like because the more accurate you are to more likely the product might show up.

bread's done
Back