[Back In Stock] Dynasty Warriors 7 PS3 $19.99+FS no tax

hey CAG newbie, ever lived in CA? Also failed at Developer logo, TECMO........

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kouleefoh']I remember when I was still playing Dynasty Warrior 3.[/QUOTE]

IKR. I remember playing 4th on PS1. That was my favorite, and I actually haven't played any other version since lol.

[quote name='sunxh163']Check this video out, split screen is there, but no simulview:
[/QUOTE]
thanks, I know there is a separate co op mode, but I remember the campaign cannot be played split screen.

[quote name='TooPoor']thanks, I know there is a separate co op mode, but I remember the campaign cannot be played split screen.[/QUOTE]

In all the previous dynasty warriors games, Musou mode can always played in co-op. Not sure what you meant by campaign mode, but it's highly unlikely there will be no co-op in Musou mode, since the simultaneous Musou attack by two co-op players is always the central piece in these games.

[quote name='sunxh163']In all the previous dynasty warriors games, Musou mode can always played in co-op. Not sure what you meant by campaign mode, but it's highly unlikely there will be no co-op in Musou mode, since the simultaneous Musou attack by two co-op players is always the central piece in these games.[/QUOTE]

That's what he means. There is no co-op Musou (story) mode for DW7, only co-op conquest mode.

[quote name='barrit']That's what he means. There is no co-op Musou (story) mode for DW7, only co-op conquest mode.[/QUOTE]

Shoot, that's bad, since my wife and I want to play the Musou mode together.

I was excited at first because I heard good things, but then I realized I was actually thinking of Warriors Orochi 3. I've never really taken to the musou genre but I heard Orochi 3 is something of a game-changer and after my experience with Bleach Soul Ressureccion (which was something of a musuo game I suppose) I was willing to give it a try but DW7 doesn't sound quite as endearing after a look-through on metacritic.

[quote name='Marker']If you ever get DW7 Xtreme Legends, that adds co-op to the musou mode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, according to some other forum, I have to first beat the base game in solo to unlock the co-op in XL, is that true? And also the cutscenes in story mode went jagged in co-op mode? Please see the post below:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/635632-/61254735

[quote name='iamsmart']I was excited at first because I heard good things, but then I realized I was actually thinking of Warriors Orochi 3. I've never really taken to the musou genre but I heard Orochi 3 is something of a game-changer and after my experience with Bleach Soul Ressureccion (which was something of a musuo game I suppose) I was willing to give it a try but DW7 doesn't sound quite as endearing after a look-through on metacritic.[/QUOTE]

Bleach other than the fact the game is based off the Bleach anime, is one of the worst barebones musuo games I've played. If it wasn't about bleach I would have never enjoyed it. If you like the musuo style gameplay then DW7 has more content, customization, better gameplay (though it is basically the same hack n' slash), etc. Though personally once you play a DW, you've played them all unless it is a spin-off.

Played DW 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Honesly it's getting to the point where there's no real reason to play it anymore. It's fun for a while. My wife and I used to play it a lot, but nothing is more frustrating than watching her run into the enemy base (she can't read maps), get trapped in a corner, and get demolished by three enemy generals. Game over.

I wish they would have some sort of revive system if your ally goes down.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']Played DW 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. Honesly it's getting to the point where there's no real reason to play it anymore. It's fun for a while. My wife and I used to play it a lot, but nothing is more frustrating than watching her run into the enemy base (she can't read maps), get trapped in a corner, and get demolished by three enemy generals. Game over.

I wish they would have some sort of revive system if your ally goes down.[/QUOTE]
I just tell my wife to always stick with me :lol:
Try Sengoku Basara, it is less fun if you are not into the anime, but it has a revive system.

sengoku was very repetitive. after you play a few maps you played them all. the enemies pose no threat. i never played a dw game but if its anything like sengoku im all set. swing and kill. bleh.

That's why I said its less fun if you are not into the anime. All these games cannot escape the fate of repetition. But yeah if Sengoku bored you quick then don't waste your money on this.

too bad they don't have the formula right. the main issue was how hitting someone with a weapon felt the same as swinging in the air. there was no feeling of damage, or cutting, or even a hit. everything just got swatted like a fly. i like to feel the abrupt jolt of a bone when i get deep into the flesh of an enemy. i played a few levels three quarters asleep and still won.

Yeah...it is like that. It gains trace amounts of difficulty towards some boss fights in the end though. It's a game based on a an anime that is not popular internationally, think of the quality of the games you get for games based on movies, so don't expect anything...

Didn't NG3 advertise "the feeling of cutting into the flesh and bone"? Haven't played it yet, but their ad fits your preference rather well.

I have DW4 for the original Xbox, the PS Vita and I bought DW7 because of the price. Honestly the game is great for a quick fix of hack and slash repetitive gaming. I don't care about the story and I get bored after 25 minutes so I turn the game off.

At this rate I doubt i'll ever finish one of these games. :lol:

Hesitated and missed out the first time. Grabbed it this time. Thanks.

I set up to be notified if it came back to stock and never got an email. What a crap system.

[quote name='balbanesbeoulve']Hesitated and missed out the first time. Grabbed it this time. Thanks.

I set up to be notified if it came back to stock and never got an email. What a crap system.[/QUOTE]

Yeah so did I and they never notified me either....

I have a feeling their were a lot more auto notify than copies they actually have and didnt want a bunch of pissed off people...

Luckily ive been double checking every day

Finally grabbed a copy. Thanks for the heads up Lord Hamm!

Your theory about why auto-notify didn't kick in for us makes sense. Good thing compulsively checking CAG throughout the day is more efficient than that anyway, lol.

Now if only DW7: XL would drop too! :D

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i still don't know if this game is the same as XL or if they are 2 completely different games...[/QUOTE]

Haven't played it yet (just ordered a copy), but from what I've gathered XL is an extension of DW7; it seems that XL doesn't include the base game.

[quote name='mdmusick']Haven't played it yet (just ordered a copy), but from what I've gathered XL is an extension of DW7; it seems that XL doesn't include the base game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it should be. Think of RDR Undead Nightmare.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i still don't know if this game is the same as XL or if they are 2 completely different games...[/QUOTE]

DW7 is the base game, DW& XL is the stand alone expansion. DW7 seems to be more worth the money.

Unless you like playing co-op in the Mousu mode, then you'lll need the XL version as well.

[quote name='sunxh163']DW7 is the base game, DW& XL is the stand alone expansion. DW7 seems to be more worth the money.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back