shady859

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Edit: 12/24 back to MSRP $39.99

Edit: 12/23 back in stock $23.09

also check your goldbox, it's been reported popping up as $21.xx

[img-l=4823]3089[/img-l]

Amazon is selling the 500 page Fallout 3 Collector's Edition Guide for $23.09 now.

Spend $25 for free shipping or sign up for the Amazon Prime trial for free 2 day shipping. Cancel in the first month and never be charged.

Regular edition is $16.49

Last edited by a moderator:
omg i got lucky and behind the circut city counter they have a book for fallout 3 (its free )called the official hint book and on the back there is a coupon for 25%off fallout 3 prima guides and i got mine for $12.04ask them for 1

[quote name='fujishig']As the ad states that you can get the regular guide with coupon for 10 bucks (despite the math), you should be able to just show them the ad, use the coupon and get it for 10 bucks.[/QUOTE]
I went to CC at lunch today and just asked them to price check the softcover guide to see if it's on sale. It rang up $9.99 with no other purchase made or coupon used. I bought one right away -- I rarely use guides but that's a heck of a deal and still allows me to use my TRU return to get the game.

Ordered mine yesterday, should be here tomorrow thanks to free Prime membership trial. Game arriving hopefully on firday from Newegg.

It's a very thorough looking guide, however I have to admit I was a bit disappointed with the quality. Definitely not on the same level as the Metal Gear Solid IV hardcover guide, although it's understandable as it's probably close to double in length. I also recently picked up the LBP guide and immensely enjoy the printing quality in that compared to the Fallout guide. Overall, I'd say it's worth picking up ... but if you go with the regular guide on sale at CC, that might not be such a bad thing. The collector's edition is nice ... just not "wow, I can't live without this in my collection."

Well I bit on the guide. Seems like a good deal. Since I bought the game from Amazon.com as well, I called their customer service and had them adjust the price to take advantage of the 5% discount you are supposed to get for buying game+guide together. So the guide is now showing as $16.99 for me.

--

that sounds good i might snag one of those

Question
Has anyone who ordered from CC received fallout 3 yet
mine still hasnt shipped !? i pre ordered 2 months a go!

3 day shipping my ass

The guide is easily worth it IMO, but I am a sucker for hardcover guides. I picked up one in store with credit and love it.

Here's one thing to try when you see both the paperback and hardcover guides in-store.

Pick one up in each hand and see which one you think is heavier. Weirdly enough, I thought the paperback one was heavier. :whistle2:s

[quote name='MSI Magus']I dont even like Fallout and I had to bite on this ;)[/quote]

Don't like Fallout?!

What is wrong with you man? ;)

if it's good I may bite but I've been burned on guides before

[quote name='Yanksfan']Don't like Fallout?!

What is wrong with you man? ;)[/QUOTE]
who cares the man is a SoT fan

I got one from amazon today. it's nice and super detailed--almost all text with small screens. Great maps. Only complaint is that the paper is a little cheap and leaves a waxy feeling on your fingers.

how limited is this?

I don't think it's limited at all ... it seems to be a trend that most companies put out a "collector's edition" and we all think it's going to be limited but it's not. I guess that's why there are LE's and CE's ... unless it's a plastic helmet or a WOW expansion and then all bets are off for limited availability ;-)

Wonder how many suckers are going to try hoarding Wrath of the Lich King

[quote name='etcrane']I don't think it's limited at all ... it seems to be a trend that most companies put out a "collector's edition" and we all think it's going to be limited but it's not. I guess that's why there are LE's and CE's ... unless it's a plastic helmet or a WOW expansion and then all bets are off for limited availability ;-)

Wonder how many suckers are going to try hoarding Wrath of the Lich King[/quote]

collectors editon doesn't mean a limited edition!

Right, but lots of people are confused and buy it thinking it might be worth something someday. Most limited editions don't even hold their value over time when it comes to videogames. The only way an edition might have a chance at holding value is through very limited in game content ... yeah, I know bioshock and the original WOW are exceptions ... but the rule is that most LE's go for just as little as a regular edition over time.

Thanks, Ordered this and the Joker (Nov 4 release date) graphic novel, only downside is they will both ship on November 10th, thanks to the free shipping. But I am really looking forward to both.

Re-Edited entire post....sorry.

CE can be picked up from borders for $20.99 with 40% off coupon, free shipping with orders of $25 or more

$14.99 for paperback

[quote name='shadowkast']Re-Edited entire post....sorry.

CE can be picked up from borders for $20.99 with 40% off coupon, free shipping with orders of $25 or more

$14.99 for paperback[/quote]

what's this coupon from borders? I rarely buy from them

I bit on this guide from amazon. I was getting my little girl Sleeping Beauty on Blu and needed something else to go over $25 for free shipping. Ask my wife what she wanted and pick her up a mouse for her laptop! Everyone got something so everyone is happy, that is how I do it!

Thanks OP!

[quote name='CaoPi']collectors editon doesn't mean a limited edition![/QUOTE]

true. hell, limited edition doesn't even mean limited edition :)

if anyone is wondering, Borders is selling this for $35, and they have a 40% off coupon circulating until 11/2...this automatically knocks the price to $20.99. If you can't find it in your store, do a ship to store for free shipping...this helps with having to pay shipping for Amazon just to hit $25

I just ordered mine today.

[quote name='misbitski']true. hell, limited edition doesn't even mean limited edition :)[/quote]
Hell, even the super duper limited edition MGS4 Gunmetal PS3 edition is not as "limited" as I thought it would be (its going for 399 on Amazon!)

The guide is worth imo. I just wanted because its fallout, not for the value though.

[quote name='Kyo']Hell, even the super duper limited edition MGS4 Gunmetal PS3 edition is not as "limited" as I thought it would be (its going for 399 on Amazon!)

The guide is worth imo. I just wanted because its fallout, not for the value though.[/QUOTE]

Heh...good point. I think people are starting to get wise to the gimmick. I was tempted by that bundle when it was $600, and again when Amazon offered it for $450 and then $400.

Been burned too many times by LE or CE. If I buy one now, it's because I really want to check out the added content, not because I think it'll be worth anything. Games and valuable don't really go in the same sentence. The only way you come out on top is if you buy them cheap, which is why CAG rules!

appears amazon is no longer selling the limited edition guide, its only availible through other sellers, atleast for the time being.

[quote name='koji126']Thanks, I was waiting for this to come back in stock.[/quote]

Yeah, I keep stuff like this in my wish list and then I can do a quick check when I'm buying something else anyway that gets me over the $25 threshold (or if I need to get up to that threshold). Problem is, I haven't even cracked the plastic on Fallout 3 and probably won't until I finish Bioshock. So if I hadn't thought it was gone for good I wouldn't be in such a hurry to buy it (and a couple bucks more than it was originally to boot). I'm a silly CAG. I hope its as good as I've heard.

Good thing I saw this. I needed something $15+ for free shipping. I did not want to play this game until I got a strategy guide to help me out. I will bite on that price.

Is this item supposed to be in limited numbers or something? It's in my goldbox today for $21.xx which is probably the lowest it'll go assuming it doesn't sell out again. I know it stayed sold out for a while but it doesn't seem like it'll be rare or anything.

Updated the first post thanks for the info.

I got this at release and it's a really great book and has a HUGE unattached map.

Guys, this is a Collector's item -- NOT limited edition. Big difference there. Get if for the few extra pages and hardcover and pullout map... otherwise grab the cheaper edition.

[quote name='brother bendu']An extra $2 wont kill me. By the way, the book went back up to $40[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that... they went from being the lowest to the highest price. Even GS and BB sell this for $35.

Dammit, guess I should have ordered it when it was in my goldbox for $21.xx but I guess I spent enough money this year. Hopefully it's not rare or anything like the MGS4 guide ended up being.

I had one on back order for around $22 from amazon and I just got refunded. Doesn't look like it'll be back that low anytime soon without a CAG exclusive deal. I don't wanna buy used for $45.

bread's done
Back