Back to the Future back in theaters for 2 days only 25th anniversary

[quote name='lokizz']as great as that film is i can see this becoming a new way to double dip into classic films.[/QUOTE]

Huge screen and great sound setup. Theater full of fans. I'd be fine with that.

[quote name='dchrisd']Huge screen and great sound setup. Theater full of fans. I'd be fine with that.[/QUOTE]

too bad they wont be charging 80s theater prices lol.

That's so sweet, me and my girlfriend love this film. It'll be awesome to see this in the theater.

I am glad they didn't do the 3D treatment to it. It probably would have been pretty crappy

[quote name='lokizz']as great as that film is i can see this becoming a new way to double dip into classic films.[/QUOTE]

It's something they've already been doing to some extent, like how Star Wars was shown in theatres again for its 20th anniversary. Interestingly enough, this is sort of how movie studios originally envisioned things working. Back in the early days of movies, the idea of being able to own one for you own personal use was pretty much unheard of unless you were rich enough to own your own projection equipment, so the idea was that movies would be brought back every so often.

This is why the "Disney Vault" exists. When Walt Disney was alive, he decided he'd like to bring his movies back every few years so a new generation of kids could enjoy them. That carried over to home video releases despite being unnecessary.

But really, the big thing now is re-releasing things in 3-D, which is why I'm surprised this isn't the case here. They did it with Toy Story 1 and 2 last year, and they're planning to do it with Titanic and both Star Wars trilogies. There has also been talk of 3-D versions of The Matrix, Lord of the Rings, Terminator 2, and 300, with probably many, many others to come should this prove successful.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']
I am glad they didn't do the 3D treatment to it. It probably would have been pretty crappy[/QUOTE]

That'll come later, after the cow on this showing has run out of milk.

[quote name='Cantatus']Color me surprised that they didn't decide to do this in 3D.[/QUOTE]
I'm just waiting for Jaws 3D, so that at least one of the predictions does come true lol. I want my fucking hoverboard dammit.

[quote name='Jodou']I'm just waiting for Jaws 3D, so that at least one of the predictions does come true lol. I want my fucking hoverboard dammit.[/QUOTE]

there was a jaws 3d or do you mean jaws 1 in 3d?

[quote name='Jodou']I'm just waiting for Jaws 3D, so that at least one of the predictions does come true lol. I want my fucking hoverboard dammit.[/QUOTE]
Cubs win world series? then they'd have to create the florida gators

[quote name='lokizz']there was a jaws 3d or do you mean jaws 1 in 3d?[/QUOTE]
That Jaws 3D was about as 3D as Nintendo's new money-grab, err 3DS.

Well they are also basing it off the day when Marty actually travels in time in the movie which is really neat and its kind of a give back to the fans and not just a money grab as the showings are very very limited and you get free swag for going.

How amazing! I saw Michael J. Fox get his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame the day before the DVD trilogy was released. It was so cool, they had Robert Zemeckis and Bob Gale there, too.

I'd love it if that was done. Just put out old movies for a week, like Raiders Of The Lost Ark, etc. People over 30 would flock to theaters just for the nostalgia value. To relive the theater experience for classic movies.

bread's done
Back