Bad Day LA for PC - 0.01 @ EB/GS

cahrowline

CAG Veteran
I work at GS and yesterday Bad Day LA was pennied out so if any of you are interested try to go to a store and ask for it. Ours is just sitting around in our backroom.

Im a noob so sorry if this was posted already. and please delete if it was.

this game is only worth 1 cent, its just that bad. i played the demo, it was terrible. read the reviews, kinda funny they would put out a game like this.

i thought it was cool when i first dl'ed the demo. but the game just sucked. actually this game doesn't even deserve the word "suck"

You really have to wonder why they bother releasing games like this.

This game is horrible, not even worth the trouble installing it. Don't buy it, even for a penny. American McGee has fallen just like John Romero. Alice was such an amazing game, and then this crap?

this game had such a great premise but it sucked so bad

they'd have to pay me to take that game (was actually planning to buy it until I had played the demo and then reviews started coming in)

I would give it a shot for free. If it's really that bad then I'll have my 2 year old nephew poo on it. Hey, that sounds like a better idea then playing it.

it seems American McGee is a one hit wonder. every other game he's released since alice has pretty much flopped.

[quote name='cahrowline']I work at GS and yesterday Bad Day LA was pennied out so if any of you are interested try to go to a store and ask for it. Ours is just sitting around in our backroom.

Im a noob so sorry if this was posted already. and please delete if it was.[/quote]

Just so you know, you didn't read the memo right. the memo said as follows
"Please pennie out and then feild destroy all copies, do not hand them out or give them to employees

[quote name='SilverPaw750']It's not worth the effort of seeking out, and whether or not it's worth 1 cent is questionable. It's seriously a TERRIBLE game.[/quote]

Yeah thats what its one of the only games ever to be pennied out( not even madden 2001 is pennied out) but if his store just gives out these games i guarentee you someone he works with is gonna be fired)

Actually I was looking for it the other day. I didnt even know it was released. The concept was at least interesting, sounds like the execution was horrible. I'm going to go look for it anyway. Thanks for the headsup.

[quote name='assasin4hire']Just so you know, you didn't read the memo right. the memo said as follows
"Please pennie out and then feild destroy all copies, do not hand them out or give them to employees[/quote]

yea, i know. i dont give it out. i put it in the back in our trash can of field destroys which my manager deals with later. however, ive read some posts where people are able to get a hold of some field destroy items...i was just letting people know about it in case they were interested enough to give it a try. i personally dont give em out cuz i dont want to get fired. i know better than that.

[quote name='JokerCard']what does field destroy mean? Like just toss em? What a waste...[/QUOTE]

Look in the nearest dumpster at Gamestop and see if you can find the game. Not worth it for this POS.

[quote name='glen77777']Look in the nearest dumpster at Gamestop and see if you can find the game. Not worth it for this POS.[/quote]

actually it gets put in a landfill lol

[quote name='JokerCard']what does field destroy mean? Like just toss em? What a waste...[/QUOTE]

Items to be field destroyed are supposed to be disposed of in a way to prevent dumpster divers and such from grabbing them after being thrown out. Guides/magazines/books are supposed to have the covers removed, game/media discs are cracked, controllers have wires cut and so on. In reality, it all depends on how lazy/thorough the manager is. If the manager doesn't feel like bothering, things hit the dumpster fully intact, whereas the truly loyal ones ensure that anything that could be of use to anyone is throughly destroyed. There's really no way to know for sure which way your store operates until you suck it up and do some checking in dumpsters. I will say that, in my experience, at a couple of stores where I've found things regularly destroyed, the managers tend to be douchebags. Just throwing that out there for ya. ;)

I'm glad the game tanked. I thought it was ridiculous that American Mcgee outsourced all the games artwork from China. The guys an overrated putz.

[quote name='mikej012']I wonder what the chances are of buying this for $.01 and then getting the free City of Villians....[/quote]

ROFLMAO, that sounds like something I would do. But, knowing my local GS stores, they would make the addendum to the 'no penny guides' shpeel to include 'NO pennied ITEMS @ ALL'. Of course, I have bought price ERROR items before from the local stores. The best one being a used Dual Shock 2 for PS2(Sony Brand), it was marked $7 something instead of the $15-20 it should've been.

It would be funny though, to see if I could get 2 games for .01 though. LMAO

I think I'd surely get a call from their DM saying I'm blackballed if I tried this though.

[quote name='Sinistarr']Items to be field destroyed are supposed to be disposed of in a way to prevent dumpster divers and such from grabbing them after being thrown out. Guides/magazines/books are supposed to have the covers removed, game/media discs are cracked, controllers have wires cut and so on. In reality, it all depends on how lazy/thorough the manager is. If the manager doesn't feel like bothering, things hit the dumpster fully intact, whereas the truly loyal ones ensure that anything that could be of use to anyone is throughly destroyed. There's really no way to know for sure which way your store operates until you suck it up and do some checking in dumpsters. I will say that, in my experience, at a couple of stores where I've found things regularly destroyed, the managers tend to be douchebags. Just throwing that out there for ya. ;)[/quote]

Why the fuck would you destroy something that could be of use to people? At least clearance the fucking shit.

[quote name='advancedgamer468']Why the fuck would you destroy something that could be of use to people? At least clearance the fucking shit.[/QUOTE]

Depends in the item, I guess. With guides, the covers are supposed to be returned to the publisher and the rest destroyed (though that's not always what happens). With controllers/games/etc., I don't know - maybe writing it off as a loss for taxes or something? It's kind of annoying, though. :whistle2:( I've found a Guncon 2 that looked all right, except the employees had thoughtfully cut one of the composite connectors off before tossing it out. I've also found a couple PC games (a couple Everquest expansions, and even Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, all for PC) that looked brand new and fully intact, except for the discs, which were in handy bite-sized chunks.

[quote name='allflowerz']I want to get a brand new copy of zelda, links awakening for NES. Anyone know where I can get it?[/QUOTE]

Probably from the same place you could get a copy of Shaq-Fu for the Commodore 64.

Anything with american mcgee's (lowercase intentional) name on it sucks. Yes, that includes Alice. He doesn't have an original bone in his body. Talentless hack comes to mind.

[quote name='mikej012']I wonder what the chances are of buying this for $.01 and then getting the free City of Villians....[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing.

I also have to wonder why stores would destroy copies of games. That's nuts. At the least they ought to at least give them away to employees and long time customers, or as a bonus for preordering something or something like that.

My understanding is this game's development had to be farmed out to a foreign country...and this is how it turned out as a result. American McGee didn't really have a developer for it-I mean basically this is a cost issue. There was an article about this kind of thing recently in one of the game magazines. Maybe EGM or Game Informer.

I was really looking forward to this too.

According to the store employee I talked to, the District Manager checks to see if these titles have been destroyed rather than sold, so they wouldn't sell it to me. :cry: It would have made such a great gag-gift, too.

I guess i'll buy it for a penny. It's got a chainsaw in it (And zombies!) And I plan to collect games that have chainsaws or zombies in them.

Not like i'll ever use it, From the bad reviews that It got.

i think they reason they get destroyed is because the manufacturers may have refunded the store for the unsold stock and they don't want the store to sell merchandise they didn't pay for and essentially make a profit. i suppose it's cheaper to tell the stores to scrap them, then to get them to ship it back. i believe that's how most stores take care of damaged food merchandise, they register the refund from the company and destroy it on site.

[quote name='assasin4hire']Just so you know, you didn't read the memo right. the memo said as follows
"Please pennie out and then feild destroy all copies, do not hand them out or give them to employees[/quote]
lafI work at Gamestop also. Somethings we do field destroy that is. If no employee wants it.Other then that. It goes in a box in the back till the DM comes out the store manager and the DM have to go through it together and destroy it. Atleast that's how it is in our disctrict. I've scored some pretty good stuff. Lots of strat guides, City of Heroes and Villians collectors editions, and Bad Day L.A.I'm the only PC gamer at my store so most PC stuff goes to me.

bread's done
Back