Badman UMD preorder, $19.99 on Rosenqueen - only shipping if 1,000 are placed!

MasamuneNKX

CAGiversary!
Didn't see any mention of this, and I know it's not technically a "deal", I didn't know where else to put it and thought it was worth a mention for anybody who might be interested.

Found on Rosenqueen's website: they're gauging interest in a UMD version of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman!, which has only been available on PSN as a download thus far. The UMD version will be $19.99 (which aside from shipping appears to be the same price as the downloadable version), but they will only actually produce the game if 1,000 preorders are placed. The info on the site says that they will not charge until orders are actually shipped, and to not place orders purely to increase the "votes" for the game's production (i.e. multiple orders by one person only count as one "vote").

Preorders stop being taken on November 13th, and the game ships in mid-December if it's actually going to happen. Orders will be cancelled if there aren't enough to begin production.

Anyone who was wanting a physical copy of the game (like me), this seems like basically the best chance for it to happen, and there's really no loss for placing a preorder (assuming they REALLY don't charge until it ships; this is Rosenqueen after all!) Either they cancel your order and you never get charged, or you end up with your copy of the game.

Link: http://rosenqueen.com/product.php?productid=16301&cat=0&page=1

I just received the Email that I was charged as well. First thing I thought to check was this thread and sure enough others are being charged too. Here's what the details say:

[FONT=&quot]Y01VG-PP001[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Badman (UMD Ver.) (615 units more for production to start)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$19.99 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Subtotal:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Shipping cost:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$2.68 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]$22.67[/FONT]

I'm not ordering from Rosenqueen anymore cause of my bad experience with them...they just want your money. Last month they had a big sale on a lot of bundled items, I ordered a bundle and decided to cancel it the next day because I felt I should be buying Christmas presents for other people instead of buying things for myself. I didn't get a reply for 2 weeks so I sent 3 more emails telling them I wanted it canceled (wish they had a place where you can edit or cancel orders on their stupid website) and the next day they emailed me saying they apologize for the inconvenience and they canceled my order...well just last week (dec 10th) they email me saying "
Shipping Confirmation

Thank you for your order. (26586), your order has been shipped. If you have any questions, please call us at (714) 540-1185 or email us at [email protected]."
I was like wtf!!! I emailed them about it and no reply. I'm sure they might be having problems with orders cause of the holidays...but they can at leat put an edit/cancel order option on their stupid website.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect they set their billing system to charge us all on December 18th which as I recall was the date the game was supposed to ship. I suspect they never deleted the pre-set charge sequence. This really pisses me off.

WTF! RQ is clearly going downhill lately. First, they did a bait-n-switch on their Thanksgiving/holdiay sales. Now they canceled this UMD release but charged people for it anyway?!

Is this store run by some retard in a garage of his mom's home?

Just got through to their customer service line. It was an error and they told me they are working on processing refunds right now. They apologized and said that e-mails confirming the refunds would go out by the end of the day.

[quote name='eau']
Is this store run by some retard in a garage of his mom's home?[/QUOTE]

I bet the ECA is behind this.

And yes, I thought something like this would happen and made sure to remove my order/cc info after it wasn't to be.

Though I would have been reallllllly jealous if they decided to make them just for people who kept the order on file.

Just got this:

Dear Valued Customers,
Due to a system glitch, your credit card may have been charged by RosenQueen Company for your pre-order of Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman UMD Version. We apologize for this error and any inconvenience this has caused. We are promptly working on processing refunds for all orders affected by this system glitch. Please let us know if you do not receive your refund by early next week. If you are having problems resolving this issue with your bank or credit card company, we will be more than happy to try to assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for help.

Again, we truly apologize for any inconvenience that this error may have caused. We will be doing our best to improve our system, so that in the future, this problem will not occur again.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Hope to see you soon at RosenQueen.com.

Thank you very much for your continued support.

Sincerely,
Merchant Monkeys

[quote name='eau']^^^

That's what you get when a bunch of monkeys running the store.[/QUOTE]

lol ... those monkeys had to find new jobs after the wizard of oz

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Just got this:[/QUOTE]

I just got the same email. Glad they addressed it quickly, but we'll see come Monday if I actually have my money back.

I got the same e-mails... Pretty weird, but I'm excited about something I found out today from Amazon concerning the Badman 2 UMDs!

"Complete original game included for free - Missed out on the original Badman? The complete first game is included with Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman 2 for free. Two games for the price of one."

http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Invasion-Privacy-Badman-Sony-PSP/dp/B0031AV9K6/

So, for $10 more I get Badman 1 and 2. All is well. :)

Hm... just a PSN logo on the placeholder box art, no UMD logo? Is that preorder for a UMD release at all or an overpriced download?

[quote name='eau']^^^

That's what you get when a bunch of monkeys running the store.[/QUOTE]

"it was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times...stupid monkeys!"

they're not going to refund it...if they waned to do something about it they would have put something in their settings so the user can edit their orders/cancel products they don't want anymore. It's a bunch of b.s. Their solution for a refund...."just send the package back to us and we will refund your order" I feel for you man :(

[quote name='fairtrade']Hm... just a PSN logo on the placeholder box art, no UMD logo? Is that preorder for a UMD release at all or an overpriced download?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the box art for Little Big Planet for the PSP is identical and that's a UMD release as well as a PSN download.

[quote name='KillerRamen']I got the same e-mails... Pretty weird, but I'm excited about something I found out today from Amazon concerning the Badman 2 UMDs!

"Complete original game included for free - Missed out on the original Badman? The complete first game is included with Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman 2 for free. Two games for the price of one."

So, for $10 more I get Badman 1 and 2. All is well. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, didn't realize this was getting released. Now I actually feel better the first one didn't have a separate retail release. It'll just be included with the sequel!

[quote name='KillerRamen']I got the same e-mails... Pretty weird, but I'm excited about something I found out today from Amazon concerning the Badman 2 UMDs!

So, for $10 more I get Badman 1 and 2. All is well. :)[/QUOTE]:rofl:
I guess they figured "what the hell, put the extra 32mb of data on there".

Glad they are though.

[quote name='ninja dog']"it was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times...stupid monkeys!"[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Well thats nice. At this point I'll wait till March and get that combo. It's not like I buy many PSP games anyways, though I was tempted to buy Kenka Bancho this year I'm waiting for the infamous $20 or less mark.

"Two Badmans?! What??

Thanks to those who supported the original Badman! We we are now able to include "Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This?" in the UMD version of Badman 2 as bonus content!!

In order to get the original Badman in Badman 2, you must have a secret code to unlock it. Badman himself will tell you the secret code, so don't forget to visit the Badman 2 official website!

Badman 2 on UMD will be offered at $29.99, and it will be $19.99 on PlayStation Network, which will not include the original Badman as bonus content, but the original Badman is $9.99 on PSN. "

bread's done
Back