Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

WTK

CAGiversary!
swf_bandaiholiday.jpg

Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to say i'm shocked but i'm not, two years of going to the Otakon panel having them say hey we got this and that and not releasing it until hell like in the case of 0079 just recently and I knew they were on the way out. I was going to wait for some kind of complete collection for Gundam 00 season 2 but now screw it just going to order BTW Rightstuf.com carries Gundam Unicorn as well.

[quote name='coolsteel']I want to say i'm shocked but i'm not, two years of going to the Otakon panel having them say hey we got this and that and not releasing it until hell like in the case of 0079 just recently and I knew they were on the way out. I was going to wait for some kind of complete collection for Gundam 00 season 2 but now screw it just going to order BTW Rightstuf.com carries Gundam Unicorn as well.[/QUOTE]They are still releasing a complete gundam 00 seasons 1 and 2 collection in February.

[quote name='Vash1306']They are still releasing a complete gundam 00 seasons 1 and 2 collection in February.[/QUOTE]

Thank god, I can finally pick that series up and give it a fair shot.

i thought what bandai trying to say is they stop release their stuff in their store but will still release bandai's stuff in other retailers such as buy.com, amazon...etc

[quote name='Vash1306']They are still releasing a complete gundam 00 seasons 1 and 2 collection in February.[/QUOTE]

Thanks wasn't aware of those. 0079 part 2 and Code Geass season two also made the cut so at least those will be wrapped up.

Couldn't resist the siren song of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on Blu-Ray, but I'll probably have to wait a while since buy.com is still temporarily out of stock.

Anyone else received their order in poor condition? With the news about Bandai, I want to buy as much as I with these low prices. Still worried about getting damaged items and having to deal with what I hear, bad customer service.

[quote name='Vash1306']Anyone else received their order in poor condition? With the news about Bandai, I want to buy as much as I with these low prices. Still worried about getting damaged items and having to deal with what I hear, bad customer service.[/QUOTE]

My Wolf's Rain DVD set looked fine on the outside, but the insides were all messed up... Luckily, the DVDs were fine; I just had to replace the case with one of my spares.

Anyone know where I can purchase spare Bandai Anime legends (Fat) dvd cases? ^^ Also read that those that only ordered one item, it is shipped ina cheap bubble wrapped packaging. How about those that ordered more than one item? Anyone with pictures of the packaging and the condition of thier dvds ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vash1306']Anyone else received their order in poor condition? With the news about Bandai, I want to buy as much as I with these low prices. Still worried about getting damaged items and having to deal with what I hear, bad customer service.[/QUOTE]

I haven't even received my order, through no fault of buy.com. Got the shipping notice, estimated delivery of December 26th. Was received at the Atlanta post office on the 23rd. It was then processed at said post office on the 26th, and proceeded to TN where it was processed on the 27th. Haven't had an update since. I'll be contacting them today if I don't receive it by the time I get back from work.

In slightly related news, my friend got his almost identical order (and he lives further from them than I do, but I digress) and it was in a perfectly fine order from what I'm told.

The Gundam Wing 1 and 2 sets I ordered from Buy.com both had the first two discs loose and scratched inside, everything else has been fine . I had opened a support ticket on the Bandai website before this news came out, so I'm doubting I'll hear back from them now. Fortunately I was able to make backups of the affected discs.

Got my haruhi (movie) order in perfect condition. It was the only item I ordered at the time and I think they sent it in a box. Maybe I just got lucky? If so, then I hope my luck continues as I just placed an order for one more item.

I just placed an order for the Gundam 00 movie Blu-Ray I'll report back if it's messed up or not. Just a heads up for those interested in pre-ordering some Bandai stuff Rightstuf.com has season 1 and 2 of Code Geass, parts 1 and 2 of Gundam 0079, and seasons 1 and 2 of Gundam 00 in their weekly specials section at the sale price.

My copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time arrived today. It was in perfect condition, but through no fault of buy.com -- it was shipped in an extremely thin bubble mailer and could have easily been damaged if UPS or USPS (it was shipped via "UPS Mail Innovations" so they both touched it) handling had been any rougher. As it was, the blu-ray was loose in the case, but because it was a double disc case, it apparently didn't have room to move around enough to get damaged.

[quote name='arcane93']My copy of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time arrived today. It was in perfect condition, but through no fault of buy.com -- it was shipped in an extremely thin bubble mailer[/QUOTE]That's the main thing I'm worried about, Buy.com using thin bubble mailers.

[quote name='Leroy_Landers']I just placed an order for the Gundam 00 movie Blu-Ray I'll report back if it's messed up or not. Just a heads up for those interested in pre-ordering some Bandai stuff Rightstuf.com has season 1 and 2 of Code Geass, parts 1 and 2 of Gundam 0079, and seasons 1 and 2 of Gundam 00 in their weekly specials section at the sale price.[/QUOTE]
I just got the 00 movie (Awakening the Trailblazer), and while it came in a bubble mailer (it was all I ordered) there was no issue with it.

i bought The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and gundam 00 movie blu ray and received it 3 weeks ago, everything in perfect conditions.

[quote name='Astroranagun']anyone know where to get xamd blu ray in cheapest price available?[/QUOTE]

They are re-releasing the whole collection in one package soon, you might wait to see if the older ones drop or it goes on sale.

[quote name='gpn']The Gundam Wing 1 and 2 sets I ordered from Buy.com both had the first two discs loose and scratched inside, everything else has been fine . I had opened a support ticket on the Bandai website before this news came out, so I'm doubting I'll hear back from them now. Fortunately I was able to make backups of the affected discs.[/QUOTE]

I have to give Bandai props, even with all that's going on, they did respond to my support request with a form to get an exchange on the damaged discs.

I ordered both Gundam Zeta sets and Char's Counterattack. They arrived today just fine. Packed up in a nice box with air padding inside. Cases were fine and visual inspection of the DVDs was good too. It probably helped that I ordered several things, two of which were in clunky DVD cases. This probably made them put it in a box instead of a bubble mailer.

First off.. thanks OP for posting this up. I picked up a few.

Second.. they all came in a "bubble envelope" but all were in good condition. I later ordered gundam 00 season 2 part 3/4....and while it did come in the bubble envelope I noticed that when I opened the dvd case there was a square foam piece in between both dvd's. I have never seen this before and I thought to myself how come they don't do this more often as it is brilliant!! It prevents the dvd's from popping out.

Third...why are the Unicorn blu ray so damn expensive??!! and why can i get them for the cheap!! Arghh!

[quote name='rocketcat']I ordered both Gundam Zeta sets and Char's Counterattack. They arrived today just fine. Packed up in a nice box with air padding inside. Cases were fine and visual inspection of the DVDs was good too. It probably helped that I ordered several things, two of which were in clunky DVD cases. This probably made them put it in a box instead of a bubble mailer.[/QUOTE]Thanks, now I can order with less worry.

[quote name='serge2k']First off.. thanks OP for posting this up. I picked up a few.

Second.. they all came in a "bubble envelope" but all were in good condition. I later ordered gundam 00 season 2 part 3/4....and while it did come in the bubble envelope I noticed that when I opened the dvd case there was a square foam piece in between both dvd's. I have never seen this before and I thought to myself how come they don't do this more often as it is brilliant!! It prevents the dvd's from popping out.

Third...why are the Unicorn blu ray so damn expensive??!! and why can i get them for the cheap!! Arghh![/QUOTE]Because the Unicorn Blu-Rays are pressed and shipped directly from Japan.

Ordered both Gundam Wing sets. Both cases came with discs 2 and 4 floating and severely scratched up. Collection 2's case was literally broken on the inner edge and looks like someone kicked it in. Sent in for replacements but both sets are out of stock and the RMA label service isn't working.

Is it me, but did some of the prices increase? For example, the OP states Zeta Gundam Volume 1 for $22, but it is $29 on the site.

I just received Gundam SEED Collections 1 and 2 in the mail. Collection 1 had one disc loose and collection 2 has one disc loose as well. The disc in collection 1 is very scratched up. However, it only skipped on episode 6. It skipped about 4-5 times during that episode. Should I attempt to contact buy.com's customer service or is that so minor that it doesn't matter?

You could try their CS (I've never had to contact them) but might I suggest trying to find a local rental store (not a Blockbuster) and see if they offer disc buffering services? I have one near me that charges $3 per disc and they use a machine that's about the size of a microwave to buff out the scratches. It's kinda neat. Maybe there is one near you. It'd be less hassle all around, especially if it's just one disc that is problematic.

Not sure if Bandai CS would replace the disc for you or not. I know they've done replacement discs before, but I don't know what they require for one.

Thanks!

Now I have another problem. By assumption, I thought only one disc in collection 2 was loose. I opened it today and found 2 discs loose with both of them more scratched up than the disc in collection 1. I'm going to finish collection 1 before I see if they are playable. Hopefully, they only have minor problems and I can resurface them. I will definitely resurface the collection 1 disc. That seems like the easiest option.

I just got finished talked to buy.com customer support. Discs in my G Wing and Seed Colls were scratched. They were out of stock so buy.com game me a $20 gift certificate.

[quote name='Gamehead']I just got finished talked to buy.com customer support. Discs in my G Wing and Seed Colls were scratched. They were out of stock so buy.com game me a $20 gift certificate.[/QUOTE]http://support.bandai-ent.com/ now go try asking bandai for a replacement.

I ordered Gundam Seed destiny Part 2 off of Amazon when it was $23 last week. It was in a transparent regular sized dvd case (like their recent anime legend sets). Gundam Seed was in the old fat cases. Can anyone confirm that Gundam Seed Destiny Anime legend part 1 is also in a transparent regular sized case? Like to keep my sets consist. Can anyone also post a picture of the set if you have it? Thanks!

dscf0224g.jpg

dscf0225a.jpg

bread's done
Back