Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

WTK

CAGiversary!
swf_bandaiholiday.jpg

Bandai Ent. Anime Sale @ Buy.com (up to 70% off plus free budget shipping)

Last edited by a moderator:
I find it strange that no one has commented on how Tales of the Abyss, Part 1, which very recently released, is part of this sale at $9. I mean, sure, there's only seven episodes on that set and we're more accustomed to buying entire series at once, but that's a pretty good price for a just-released title.

As an aside, can anyone comment on the quality of the series?

[quote name='ShogunNage']sorry for being off topic but anybody know why the bandai store will be closing permanently on the 29th?[/QUOTE]

cause they set their price point similar to japan and wish everyone buy it from them at high price?:applause:

anyway my order for gundam 00 movie blu $12 and girl leapt through time arrive today ;) but sad things is no slips thou :cry:

well, now my only hope to buy cheap bandai ent and aniplex blu ray would be buy.com....my escaflawne blu also bought it from buy.com too

I own the whole Eureka Seven TV series but haven't watched it yet. Is the movie a sequel, or one of those crappy recap movies?

[quote name='pete5883']I own the whole Eureka Seven TV series but haven't watched it yet. Is the movie a sequel, or one of those crappy recap movies?[/QUOTE]

Neither. It takes place in an alternate universe; it has its own unique story.

[quote name='Razzuel']Neither. It takes place in an alternate universe; it has its own unique story.[/QUOTE]
So it's not essential viewing?

[quote name='pete5883']So it's not essential viewing?[/QUOTE]

Uh, well, I recommend it if you like Eureka Seven. It tries to fit in a bit too much for the two hour time slot, but other that that, it's got what makes Eureka Seven great in it.

Got my Gundam Wing collections in today and my disc 2 in complete collection II came loose and was scratched to shit inside the case. So now episode two in on the disc looks all distorted to hell. Hopefully I can either get it cleaned or merely do a return on it.

[quote name='ShogunNage']sorry for being off topic but anybody know why the bandai store will be closing permanently on the 29th?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it was an attempt to cut out the middle man (retailers) that simply failed or the resources that it was taking up were needed more elsewhere. Rightstuf carries the same stuff but like in the case of Gundam Unicorn vol 4 right now Bandai direct is the cheaper option.

[quote name='pete5883']My Gundam SEED collection 2 came in with 3 loose discs. I guess I should've expected that.[/QUOTE]

My Banner of the Stars 2 collection came with one loose disc that was destroyed, and I mailed it back today. My Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars 1 collections didn't have loose discs, but the discs have a few scratches and blemishes on them; they probably still work just fine, which means I won't be able to get them replaced, but I hate settling for just fine with a brand new product.

The anime legends sets are notorious for loose discs. I love how you pay more for Bandai shows to come in crappier/plainer packaging. People can say WHATEVER they want about Funi, but I get tons of their stuff for very cheap, and in nice packaging. I really wish the other companies would take note.

Wow, this sale is still going on. There's nothing from RightStuf's sale that I want, so I think I'll finally try picking up the Big O Collection I & II "Anime Legends" Sets

[quote name='JoePianist']Wow, this sale is still going on. There's nothing from RightStuf's sale that I want, so I think I'll finally try picking up the Big O Collection I & II "Anime Legends" Sets[/QUOTE]
Buy.com anime sales (with a sale page; and especially for Bandai Ent ones) typically runs up to a month. The problem is you don't know when they will end the various sales.

Just a heads-up, RightStuf.com has removed their Anime Legends perfect collection for Wolf's Rain. It may be a good idea to pick the series up for those who are interested (just in case it's truly OOP). The release is currently on sale for $22 @ Buy.com.

Ehh, now I'm worried if I should cancel my order because of all this damaged disc I'm hearing about. =(

[quote name='Vash1306']Ehh, now I'm worried if I should cancel my order because of all this damaged disc I'm hearing about. =([/QUOTE]

My "Big O Season II" collection came in the other day, and to my disappointment, one of the discs were loose AND the plastic case was cracked and busted up. The good news was that the loose disc didn't have any scratches and played just fine, and I already had a spare "Anime Legends" case as a replacement. But, I'm probably never going to order from Buy.com again...

[quote name='JoePianist']My "Big O Season II" collection came in the other day, and to my disappointment, one of the discs were loose AND the plastic case was cracked and busted up. The good news was that the loose disc didn't have any scratches and played just fine, and I already had a spare "Anime Legends" case as a replacement. But, I'm probably never going to order from Buy.com again...[/QUOTE]
The cases that the longer, older Anime Legends series come in are terrible. they are prone to breaking. I had this issue with Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars. The portion that held the middle disc would break, and would result in the portion flopping around in the case.

I should note that I ordered Crest from RightStuf and Banner directly from Bandai and they both had the same issue. It's a shame, especially since most of the older anime I like is licensed by Bandai.

Does Bandai really have crappy packaging compared to Funi? I like it when Blu-rays come with slip covers and stuff, but it's cool if they don't. I ordered Sword of the Stranger, Disappearance of Haruhi, and Girl Who Leapt Through Time.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Does Bandai really have crappy packaging compared to Funi? I like it when Blu-rays come with slip covers and stuff, but it's cool if they don't. I ordered Sword of the Stranger, Disappearance of Haruhi, and Girl Who Leapt Through Time.[/QUOTE]

It's only the anime legends boxes that are kind of crappy, but I've never had an issue with any of mine being ordered online.

Bandai DOES have crappy packaging. The disappearance of haruhi blu-ray/dvd combo pack comes in a lame ass looking dvd case. You think for the premium prices Bandai charges they could at least have a normal blu-ray case.

[quote name='Zaku77']I grabbed the Gundam 0079 collection. It's new, so that's a really good price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's half of the Amazon price. I really love this series and wouldn't mind paying $60 for it but will there be a complete collection? Will there be a Blu release? I don't buy a lot of anime so I don't know how these things usually work.

[quote name='abhinav']Yeah it's half of the Amazon price. I really love this series and wouldn't mind paying $60 for it but will there be a complete collection? Will there be a Blu release? I don't buy a lot of anime so I don't know how these things usually work.[/QUOTE]

All of the other Gundam series that are longer than 13 episodes are all in 2 sets (first half/second half), so biting on this isn't a bad idea.

Bandai Entertainment ● Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2: Complete Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam: Complete Collection 2 (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Season 1 Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Season 2 Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98

all currently on Righstuf for preorder at 29.99!

[quote name='Rogueleader17']Bandai Entertainment ● Code Geass - Lelouch of the Rebellion R2: Complete Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam: Complete Collection 2 (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Season 1 Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98
Bandai Entertainment ● Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Season 2 Collection (Anime Legends) ● $49.98

all currently on Righstuf for preorder at 29.99![/QUOTE]Finally, Bandai's releasing the complete collection for R2! Thanks for the info; I bought the first season in the three individual parts they were released and decided that I wouldn't do that again for R2. :razz:

Quick question before I preorder: Does Rightstuf charge you for preorders when you place them or when they ship?

[quote name='Vash1306']They charge when item is shipped.[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind though that alot of times they will ship early I got rosario + vampire a month early, caught me and my bank account by complete surprise.

Gah, I hope this sale is still going on Christmas day. I know I will be getting some spending money then and those Gundam DVDs are a steal right now. I wish they posted sale dates on Buy.com. :/

Bleh, I want to order Gundam Seed Parts 1 & 2 but scared I'll get them damaged like some people. Along side hearing about their poor customer / return service.

The sale has been going on for more than a month now and the sale prices (as of this post) are still active.

Just a FYI while the sale is still ongoing...

via ANN
Bandai Entertainment to Stop Releasing New DVDs, BDs, Manga
posted on 2012-01-02 10:00 EST

N. American firm to still offer existing releases, shift focus to licensing in February

Bandai Entertainment, the subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) that handles anime and manga in North America, will stop offering new DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and manga releases next month. It will continue to distribute in its existing catalog lineup, but it will no longer produce and distribute new releases as of this February.

Instead, Bandai Entertainment will focus on licensing rights to other companies, particularly in digital distribution, broadcast, and merchandising. The company will be restructured as a result, and most of its contractors and three of its five fulltime staff members will be laid off. ANN will publish an interview with Bandai Entertainment President and CEO Ken Iyadomi on Tuesday.

The following releases have been cancelled:

Anime DVD/Blu-ray Disc
Gosick
Nichijō
Turn A Gundam

Manga
Code Geass: Renya (Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya)
Gurren Lagann volume 7
Kannagi volumes 4-6
Lucky Star Boo Boo Kagaboo (spinoff by Eretto)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00I
Tales of the Abyss: Jade's Secret Memories volumes 1 and 2

Releases in Bandai Entertainment's current catalog will still be available after February, and Bandai Entertainment plans to produce new stock on these existing releases, if needed, until their respective licenses expire.

Bandai Entertainment closed its own online store in December, but other retailers can still order and carry Bandai Entertainment's current releases as before.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']So no code geads r2 complete collection?[/QUOTE]
That should still be coming for February. I guess more answers will be revealed tomorrow with ANN's interview with Ken Iyadomi.

[quote name='WTK']Just a FYI while the sale is still ongoing...
Bandai Entertainment to Stop Releasing New DVDs, BDs, Manga
posted on 2012-01-02 10:00 EST

N. American firm to still offer existing releases, shift focus to licensing in February

Bandai Entertainment, the subsidiary of Namco Bandai Holdings (USA) that handles anime and manga in North America, will stop offering new DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and manga releases next month. It will continue to distribute in its existing catalog lineup, but it will no longer produce and distribute new releases as of this February.

Instead, Bandai Entertainment will focus on licensing rights to other companies, particularly in digital distribution, broadcast, and merchandising. The company will be restructured as a result, and most of its contractors and three of its five fulltime staff members will be laid off. ANN will publish an interview with Bandai Entertainment President and CEO Ken Iyadomi on Tuesday.

The following releases have been cancelled:

Anime DVD/Blu-ray Disc
Gosick
Nichijō
Turn A Gundam

Manga
Code Geass: Renya (Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya)
Gurren Lagann volume 7
Kannagi volumes 4-6
Lucky Star Boo Boo Kagaboo (spinoff by Eretto)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00I
Tales of the Abyss: Jade's Secret Memories volumes 1 and 2

Releases in Bandai Entertainment's current catalog will still be available after February, and Bandai Entertainment plans to produce new stock on these existing releases, if needed, until their respective licenses expire.

Bandai Entertainment closed its own online store in December, but other retailers can still order and carry Bandai Entertainment's current releases as before.

via ANN
[/QUOTE]
I think this image speaks for how many of us are now feeling:
sg048y.jpg

[quote name='pjb16']I just want to know how I'm going to get Gundam Unicorn from here on out.[/QUOTE]

Gundam Unicorn is handled by Bandai Visual Japan, so it's not affected.

All the releases in February are still going to be released as planned. Bandai will continue to produce their current stock, they however not releasing anything new past February.

[quote name='Razzuel']Gundam Unicorn is handled by Bandai Visual Japan, so it's not affected.[/QUOTE]

Well I ordered Volumes 2-4 through the bandai-ent.com shop (which is now closed) as that was the only place to get them to my knowledge (stateside).

bread's done
Back