Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='genfuyung']Maybe I just need to unlock the turret before I try it. Have u done the one in logbox where the bots are attacking the different chips?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, got lucky with my TT on that one. I think it glitched or something, cuz I had almost finished clearing the second chip (still ~ 2 guys to kill) and it said I won... However, you eventually get
homing missiles that automatically launch from your vehicle.
I slapped four of those babies on and man, does that make defense missions soooo much easier :D

And KB: I'm right there with ya. Some of these later challenges aren't difficult because they are hard, it's because all the tiny flaws of the game suddenly become glaringly obvious when perfection is required of the player. fuck any helicopter ideas, and if I have to play one more mission where I need to load/unload shit with the wrench, I'mma kill someone. That DOES NOT WORK. Gimme some damned control over it for God's sake already

For example: that fucking mission from Mr. Fit in Act 5 of Nutty Acres...!!! I thought it'd be easy. Helicopter with giant tray, flanked by two big boxes for added carrying should work great, right? Even used poles to make some holders for the giant nuts that are too big to fit in the boxes. Fly over there (that was fun, not, stupid helicopter controls), land, hit Y to get out... and Banjo goes fucking flying 30 feet to the right, off the platform. OK, restart, fly, land, get out safely. Good. Pick up nut... NO, not that little one, the medium one. Use bumper to select the nut that is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME... turn towards vehicle... wrench won't lift it high enough to get in the bin, hits random parts of the vehicle, etc, so I finally just drop it on top of the copter, and use Banjo to push it in by walking into it. Eventually got a TT (barely), but fuck that. I even hate using the wrench to place jiggies and part crates in the trolley.

Sigh, but I do seriously love most of this game. If Rare had been able to work out the controls better, I really do think it would have been an amazing game, instead of just a fun one.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Yeah, got lucky with my TT on that one. I think it glitched or something, cuz I had almost finished clearing the second chip (still ~ 2 guys to kill) and it said I won... However, you eventually get
homing missiles that automatically launch from your vehicle.
I slapped four of those babies on and man, does that make defense missions soooo much easier :D

And KB: I'm right there with ya. Some of these later challenges aren't difficult because they are hard, it's because all the tiny flaws of the game suddenly become glaringly obvious when perfection is required of the player. fuck any helicopter ideas, and if I have to play one more mission where I need to load/unload shit with the wrench, I'mma kill someone. That DOES NOT WORK. Gimme some damned control over it for God's sake already

For example: that fucking mission from Mr. Fit in Act 5 of Nutty Acres...!!! I thought it'd be easy. Helicopter with giant tray, flanked by two big boxes for added carrying should work great, right? Even used poles to make some holders for the giant nuts that are too big to fit in the boxes. Fly over there (that was fun, not, stupid helicopter controls), land, hit Y to get out... and Banjo goes fucking flying 30 feet to the right, off the platform. OK, restart, fly, land, get out safely. Good. Pick up nut... NO, not that little one, the medium one. Use bumper to select the nut that is RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME... turn towards vehicle... wrench won't lift it high enough to get in the bin, hits random parts of the vehicle, etc, so I finally just drop it on top of the copter, and use Banjo to push it in by walking into it. Eventually got a TT (barely), but fuck that. I even hate using the wrench to place jiggies and part crates in the trolley.

Sigh, but I do seriously love most of this game. If Rare had been able to work out the controls better, I really do think it would have been an amazing game, instead of just a fun one.[/quote]

But there is a way around their shitty design which I like a lot, and I hope a lot of other games use it, is that you can look at the Leaderboards and see how they did it, and if the user allows, you can download a blueprint for that vehicle. For the Coconut challenge you just mentioned, I did that and got a score of 4700.

Nothing in Nutty Acres is insane, Act 4 and later of everything else is just crazy bad

From what I've seen and played in the demo, I wish they never put the Banjo Kazooie name on this so people (included myself) wouldn't have gotten excited.

Well, just put in a couple hours with the game and thankfully, I haven't run into any of the wrench problems you guys are having. It behaves pretty well for me. I even built a cart with extra high-walls to see how it would react and put boxes in there without a problem. I can foresee annoyances in Logbox 720 though. There's the damn enemies/bombs flying everywhere and taking my vehicle apart as I try and pick things up. If that is what I have to look forward to in this level (or any other constricted levels), then I might get annoyed. Thus far though, all good. Damn does this game look amazing.

[quote name='Rocko']From what I've seen and played in the demo, I wish they never put the Banjo Kazooie name on this so people (included myself) wouldn't have gotten excited.[/quote]

DING DING DING!

KingBroly, why do you keep posting the same thing? More or less, your every post in this thread has been how you hate this game and that Rare has majorly disappointed you and let you down. BUT, you seem to be playing the game constantly. I don't mind when people voice their opinion, but why would you continue to play a game that you would rather not be playing?
On topic though, I do have a gripe. I wish that the gym was more than just buying yourself a better state of fitness. I'd have enjoyed it more if banjo had to actually enter the gym and work out.

Because I beat 95% of every game I play. The truly bad ones are the ones I don't beat it. And that's just happened to this game. It's donned the coveted 'I can't stand this shit anymore' award.

[quote name='KingBroly']But there is a way around their shitty design which I like a lot, and I hope a lot of other games use it, is that you can look at the Leaderboards and see how they did it, and if the user allows, you can download a blueprint for that vehicle.[/QUOTE]

:shock::shock: Really? How did I not know about that?! I'll still try to make cool vehicles to do the challenges, but on the insanely hard ones, or if I'm just dickin around, that's AWESOME!

Also, maybe I missed it, but how do you set different gadgets to the buttons so they are the same every time you start up the vehicle. I have the jinjo finder, which is great to find jinjos on the map, but fucking useless to fly around with separately (and is it just on mine, or is it constantly bobbing and can't fly steady??). I want the buttons to just be for my gun,
collapsible wings, and collapsible propeller
, but the jinjo finder thing is almost always one of the default buttons. It's annoying to use the d-pad to cycle through them every time I restart a challenge.

[quote name='Zmonkay']:shock::shock: Really? How did I not know about that?! I'll still try to make cool vehicles to do the challenges, but on the insanely hard ones, or if I'm just dickin around, that's AWESOME!

Also, maybe I missed it, but how do you set different gadgets to the buttons so they are the same every time you start up the vehicle. I have the jinjo finder, which is great to find jinjos on the map, but fucking useless to fly around with separately (and is it just on mine, or is it constantly bobbing and can't fly steady??). I want the buttons to just be for my gun,
, but the jinjo finder thing is almost always one of the default buttons. It's annoying to use the d-pad to cycle through them every time I restart a challenge.[/quote]

Jinjo Finder?

You have to switch components at the start menu. Yeah, the Leaderboard feature is pretty neat, but I kind of just stumbled upon it one time playing. The Blueprint feature is neat too, but users have to be willing to share it.

But be forewarned, if you view a replay while in a game world, you'll be sent back to the beginning of the world sans vehicle.

[quote name='Zmonkay']:shock::shock: Really? How did I not know about that?! I'll still try to make cool vehicles to do the challenges, but on the insanely hard ones, or if I'm just dickin around, that's AWESOME!

, but the jinjo finder thing is almost always one of the default buttons. It's annoying to use the d-pad to cycle through them every time I restart a challenge.[/quote]

you might try just putting it somewhere else on the vehicle. I have the jinjo finder on most of my vehicles and is never affected handling.

How did you guys repel those damn magnetic/electrified bomb things in Logbox 720 Act 1? They're absolutely annoying. They're knocking off parts left and right and weighing down my vehicles. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for the fact it's a timed challenge.

[quote name='genfuyung']you might try just putting it somewhere else on the vehicle. I have the jinjo finder on most of my vehicles and is never affected handling.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't hurt the vehicle handling, I'm talking about when I launch the thing itself (it flies around like a little scout). If I don't touch the controller, the view constantly bobs. Very odd.

KB: I tried changing it in the start menu, but it never stays permanent for the vehicle. I guess I just have too many gadgets on all of mine...

Just played the demo...WTF is this? I got into one of the worlds and everyone just wants to race. I don't. Is there an actual game here or shall I just go back to playing Viva Pianata Party animals?

FIGURED IT OUT! The button activated additions assign themselves to buttons in the order they are added, so since I added the Spec-o-scope (aka jinjo finder) last, it was set as a button. I took off all my other parts, added them back on, and voila, buttons set up the way I like. nice.

[quote name='Zmonkay']FIGURED IT OUT! The button activated additions assign themselves to buttons in the order they are added, so since I added the Spec-o-scope (aka jinjo finder) last, it was set as a button. I took off all my other parts, added them back on, and voila, buttons set up the way I like. nice.[/quote]So what's the order then? A>B>X>Y?

[quote name='Zmonkay']Doesn't hurt the vehicle handling, I'm talking about when I launch the thing itself (it flies around like a little scout). If I don't touch the controller, the view constantly bobs. Very odd.

KB: I tried changing it in the start menu, but it never stays permanent for the vehicle. I guess I just have too many gadgets on all of mine...[/quote]

Pressing Start allows you to change or build new vehicles, and it says "Change Components", so X/B/A can be your components.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Just banked my tenth jiggy. My only complaint so far is that I have absolutely no clue how to play Jinjo Bingo.[/QUOTE]

Place tokens (from completing Jinjo challenges) anywhere on the map. Red tokens on red tiles, etc. For most rows, completing the row nets you notes. For most columns, completing the column nets you a part. If you place a token down before completing that row or column, you can move it at any time, until you finish the row or column it is in. It then dissappears and is no longer usable. Eventually, you should have enough tokens to fully complete the board.

I'm shooting for parts (nothing life altering, but some cool little gadgets) since I don't buy any blueprints, and most parts are fairly cheap, but if you want some extra cash, you can do it that way too.

I just got far enough to unlock the last level. What worries me is LOG says I can either do that level, or continue with the acts I haven't finished. I would assume that I can finish those after the final level, but can anyone confirm (if it didn't autosave, I'd try it out). It'd be dumb to not be able to come back, but stranger things have happened...

[quote name='Zmonkay']Place tokens (from completing Jinjo challenges) anywhere on the map. Red tokens on red tiles, etc. For most rows, completing the row nets you notes. For most columns, completing the column nets you a part. If you place a token down before completing that row or column, you can move it at any time, until you finish the row or column it is in. It then dissappears and is no longer usable. Eventually, you should have enough tokens to fully complete the board.

I'm shooting for parts (nothing life altering, but some cool little gadgets) since I don't buy any blueprints, and most parts are fairly cheap, but if you want some extra cash, you can do it that way too.

I just got far enough to unlock the last level. What worries me is LOG says I can either do that level, or continue with the acts I haven't finished. I would assume that I can finish those after the final level, but can anyone confirm (if it didn't autosave, I'd try it out). It'd be dumb to not be able to come back, but stranger things have happened...[/quote]

From what I've been told, you can go back to Showdown Town after the Final World. I went into the Final World and came back because I didn't have the parts to build a vehicle I needed. But you need 91 Jiggies (90 + 1 from a Trolley Upgrade Battle) to get access to all the crates. I don't know if you get access to more parts from that through Humba and Wumba, though.

[quote name='cochesecochese']Nah. Uncle Phil is saving the choice Atari developed games for his own ends.[/quote]

I guess I should wikipedia things before I talk. Idk why I thought Primal Rage was a Rare game :whistle2:k

I'm fucking loving this game. Just building shit and messing around is fun, but I also like the actual game (though the races right now have been pretty easy with my racer built almost completely out of engines and fuel tanks). I'm not too far into it yet either as I don't have too much free time right now.

So...against my better judgment I decided to finish the game. You only need
75 jiggies + 6 from L.O.G.'s 6-in-1 Challenge
to face the final boss. The final boss was neat, despite needing some restarts which were caused by bogus events, and I still managed to win by some dumb luck
I got knocked out my vehicle and into water...and still won?
. Um...the ending was a disappointment to me, just for the fact that there was
No Credit/Character Roll at the end like previous Banjo games

I'm going to have to give it...a 4.5/10. I really hate some of the design choices, especially the idea of making your own vehicles from scratch for each challenge, which is tiresome after a point. And the L.O.G. vehicles sucked. I wish they had a default vehicle for every Challenge and allowed me to modify them. That, to me, would've made this game less tiresome. Oh, and better controls. And if you get to the final challenges, you'll know they know the controls suck.

Finally got a few hours into the game...wow this game is solid, I only wish it was more popular so that we could secure more games from this series.

One thing I haven't figured out...can you use anything other than the first vehicle that's given to you on the main world? If so, how?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Finally got a few hours into the game...wow this game is solid, I only wish it was more popular so that we could secure more games from this series.

One thing I haven't figured out...can you use anything other than the first vehicle that's given to you on the main world? If so, how?[/quote]

Your Showdown Town vehicle gets upgrades by completing certain challenges (6 in the game).

[quote name='KingBroly']Your Showdown Town vehicle gets upgrades by completing certain challenges (6 in the game).[/quote]

Ok good to know.

I found the first egg in B-K and when I played N&B it revealed the location but I have no idea where its at...all I know is that I need a boat to get there.

Really loving this game. I found an interesting bug in Showdown town, if you put a box (or a similar item, does not need to be part box) in the cart and then stand on top of the box. This should cause you to highlight the cart and then you can press RT to fly with the cart.

[quote name='kenkaze']Really loving this game. I found an interesting bug in Showdown town, if you put a box (or a similar item, does not need to be part box) in the cart and then stand on top of the box. This should cause you to highlight the cart and then you can press RT to fly with the cart.[/quote]

I gotta try that one tonight.

Was going over the achievement list and found this one:

25. BBQ Beef
In Nutty Acres, they like their steak well done

Bring a cow in Nutty Acres into the volcano and throw the cow into the lava.

That's hilarious :rofl:

I think Ultimate Combo is the most obscure Achievement in the game. There is no clue about how to do it (although I did)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Was going over the achievement list and found this one:

That's hilarious :rofl:[/quote]

I keep getting the clue for that one on the loading screens.

[quote name='KingBroly']I think Ultimate Combo is the most obscure Achievement in the game. There is no clue about how to do it (although I did)[/quote]

29. Ultimate Combo
More like a three-hit combo in the Terrarium of Terror

Collect 3 piece of Ultimate Space Junk into a storage part of your vehicle in the world Terrarium of Terror.

The three pieces are:

Junk Rocket
Junk Robot
Junk Plating (Mole T15)

http://www.achieve360points.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100532

Yeah, I've noticed that most of the achievements for this game are vague, they really put a lot of thought behind them though and it seems like they really want you to go out and explore and try everything.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']You can build Mechs?[/quote]

Sort of, but they don't walk. The base of my mech is eight monster tires. His arms are just cannon shaped and filled with guns. I made my seat into a mini helicopter that can detach and fly away.

Jesus, where are you guys getting so many parts? I was barely able to make a plane but I don't have enough power, it just glides.

I've been running around the main city collecting boxes, only played through door 1 and startee on 2 so I know I'm not that deep in yet. Can you get parts in levels or are they just hidden throughout the main city?

This is awesome:

Boba Fett's Slave 1

Scorpion Tank (Halo)
Handler.ashx

Handler.ashx

I'm shocked at how creative you can be...I had no clue :shock:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Jesus, where are you guys getting so many parts? I was barely able to make a plane but I don't have enough power, it just glides.

I've been running around the main city collecting boxes, only played through door 1 and startee on 2 so I know I'm not that deep in yet. Can you get parts in levels or are they just hidden throughout the main city?[/quote]

As you start to bank jiggies you'll receive parts as rewards. You will also be able to buy a lot of parts as you bank more jiggies as well. Playing Jinjo bingo also nets you some parts.

Alright, so I just started the game and am already stuck. When you are facing Gruntillda while she is escaping in the car, how in gods name do you knock her out with your car? There are different magnetic balls coming at you, and it's the third chapter of act 1, I believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh alright, I haven't even bothered to customize my vehicles yet, as I still have the default.

Guess I better get on that. Thanks for the help, man.

if you don't have enough engines to push her over you can also
use an egg gun and just shoot her right off the bat. shoot enough times and it'll stop her immediately. i finished this in like 8 seconds.

the first Gruntilda encounter was ridiculously easy for me because I'd gotten so many boxes by using the flying bug in showdown town. It took me one shot from the grenade launcher to beat that fight.

Yeah for the first gruntilda I had already gotten a bunch of boxes and built my racer with like 5 engines on it. I rammed her and she ran into a tree and fell off, took just over 4 seconds.

bread's done
Back