Bastion XBLA half off TODAY ONLY (Dead)

[quote name='themon']dumb question but is 600 pts the sale price? or is it not on sale yet. and is the dlc always 80 or is that on sale too?[/QUOTE]

600 is the sale price, usually its 1200. not sure about the dlc though

[quote name='themon']dumb question but is 600 pts the sale price? or is it not on sale yet. and is the dlc always 80 or is that on sale too?[/QUOTE]Dlc was released at 80pts XBLA, Free on Steam. So not on sale. (600pts is the sale half off 1200)

[quote name='confoosious']I'm gonna trust the cag community and buy this without playing the demo.

don't let me down![/QUOTE]

Ditto, hearing nothing but positive things about it and I was on the fence (since I went and blind bought Limbo...which I hated)

I played Bastion for about 2 hours last night and really enjoy it. The missions are pretty simple, yet very fun. Easily one of the best Arcade games I have bought.

Wow. I have the points, but I am too much of a CAG to spend more than 400 points on a XBLA title. I'm hoping for 400 points, but that's probably not likely.

Wait. How can someone not like Limbo?

I literally just purchased this damn game the other day. It's an awesome game so far, though.

I'm so on the fence as I've tried playing the demo twice and just couldn't get into it...maybe it's just another case of me not liking something everyone else does like Braid or Limbo?

y'know, Bastion is free on Chrome browsers. And if you have a MS wireless dongle you can use your Xbox controller... jus' sayin'.

EDIT: nevermind, fail. Can't run it on my laptop so I didn't see the "full game" purchase option.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='velvet396']y'know, Bastion is free on Chrome browsers. And if you have a MS wireless dongle you can use your Xbox controller... jus' sayin'.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Now I don't feel bad for being so cheap.

assuming you have both a 360 & PS3, is it better to wait for the inevitable PSN release?

seems like these downloadable games always get ported over to the competing system (eventually) and with extra features to boot (see Joe Danger, Castle Crashers, Castlevania).

i'm on the fence, since I'll already be preoccupied with Zelda: Skyward Sword and Uncharted 3 this holiday. Might have to hold off for PSN. Great game though!

[quote name='nadohawk']Wait. How can someone not like Limbo?[/QUOTE]

Don't ever ask this question on CAG. Hop on over to the XBLA thread and you can see page after page of wasted discussion on Limbo.

[quote name='Rozz']I literally just purchased this damn game the other day. It's an awesome game so far, though.[/QUOTE]

Bad planning. Any of the summer of arcade titles are likely to be in this countdown sale. A lot of us have been hoping/expecting bastion during this countdown.

Now for toy soldiers cold war...

[quote name='Althax']Bad planning. Any of the summer of arcade titles are likely to be in this countdown sale. A lot of us have been hoping/expecting bastion during this countdown.

Now for toy soldiers cold war...[/QUOTE]

I wasn't really paying attention to the sale and kinda rushed it because I had promotional Microsoft points that expire in a few days. So I guess it's less of a hit since the game itself is very enjoyable and I used free points anyway.

[quote name='Rozz']I wasn't really paying attention to the sale and kinda rushed it because I had promotional Microsoft points that expire in a few days. So I guess it's less of a hit since the game itself is very enjoyable and I used free points anyway.[/QUOTE]

Points that expire? How do you know if you have any of those? I never heard of it. I use lots of promo points...

[quote name='ebaymarcaro']Thanks. Great deal. I would have missed this if it wasn't a separate post from the weekly XBLA sale.[/QUOTE]

^^ This. Thanks OP, was waiting on a sale for this and would have definitely missed it without its own thread. Almost paid full price last week.

Hmmm... I enjoyed the demo and now I might have to cave on this even though I will never find the time to play it. *cough$3beyondgood&evilcough*

[quote name='Althax']Points that expire? How do you know if you have any of those? I never heard of it. I use lots of promo points...[/QUOTE]

Here's a thread about it on the official Xbox forum.

[quote name='jazzman']Is the DLC also on sale or is 80msp the regular price.[/QUOTE]

80msp is the regular price. The developers actually wanted it to be free but MS forced them to put a price on it.

[quote name='Rozz']Here's a thread about it on the official Xbox forum.[/QUOTE]

Crazy! Any idea how the points are used? Are expireable promo points used first or is it the order they are entered?

It would suck if it makes me use purchased points that last forever instead of promo points that expire first.

I bought this shit. You just know the daily deals are going to be better and better as we approach Christmas. Assholes.

I don't know if me using the link in this thread had anything to do with it, but my xbox live account was hacked yesterday after purchasing it. I noticed two achievements for FIFA 12 on my account, a game I have never played, and all of my marketplace points were missing. I am just giving you guys a heads up to check your accounts.

[quote name='Zachbeast']I don't know if me using the link in this thread had anything to do with it, but my xbox live account was hacked yesterday after purchasing it. I noticed two achievements for FIFA 12 on my account, a game I have never played, and all of my marketplace points were missing. I am just giving you guys a heads up to check your accounts.[/QUOTE]
nah it wasn't that link it was you having an easy password or you having the same password on an EA account

EA hacked but MS and EA deny it they just let people get fucked over. Btw its at minimum a month before you get your shit back plan accordingly.

Yeah, I have already talked to phone support. They gave me a free month of live to set up a temporary account while they "investigate." Basically, I can't use that windows live ID for a month.

My account was hacked last month too and 3,200 pts stolen. I reclaimed the account, talked to XBL and decided against filing a complaint, bc you account gets suspended. While XBL decided to do the complaint anyway, my account got locked for 5 days, got it back and two days XBL cancelled by Family Pack by mistake. So then I had to wait another 7 days to get codes to my missing months back. Also, still havent received my 3,200 pts back.

Morale of the story...think before you pick up the phone and call the idiots at XBL.

Also, my EA account and XBL account had two completely different passwords.

So how do you get first place in some of the trials? I assume you have to upgrade the weapons in order to be able to do it? There's no way I'm knocking 8 full seconds off of my best time for the hammer trial. Love the game so far though.

[quote name='Javery']So how do you get first place in some of the trials? I assume you have to upgrade the weapons in order to be able to do it? There's no way I'm knocking 8 full seconds off of my best time for the hammer trial. Love the game so far though.[/QUOTE]

For the hammer trial you should roll through all of the small objects and use a hammer attack on the larger objects.

[quote name='Zachbeast']By the way, Ryuukishi. I like the Guided By Voices avatar.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. :D

Everyone suggests the hammer trial but I thought that was one of the hardest ones. There are definitely at least seven trials that are easier.

[quote name='Zachbeast']I don't know if me using the link in this thread had anything to do with it, but my xbox live account was hacked yesterday after purchasing it. I noticed two achievements for FIFA 12 on my account, a game I have never played, and all of my marketplace points were missing. I am just giving you guys a heads up to check your accounts.[/QUOTE]

I got Fifa'd today. MS has known about this problem for several months and failed to secure their system. Now my account is locked, my points are gone, and I had to cancel my cc.

bread's done
Back