Baten Kaitos and Tales of Symphonia 19.99 NEW at Gamecrazy!!!

Thanks OP. Picked up Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos for the price. time to get some RPG lovin now.

I picked up 2 copies of Baten Kaitos for $20 each - since I was lucky enough to get ToS for $20 awhile ago at some used game store. I was going to get BK for $25 from the Outpost.com deal but was too lazy to, this makes me glad that I did.

Thanks OP. :)

After reading this post, I went to the GC that's 2.3 miles away from home earlier tonight and picked up the last copy of TOS. Thanks!

[quote name='evo t rex']Why does it have to be GameCrazy, I hate that place. Nothing's worse than a store that tries to ram over priced memberships down your throat.[/QUOTE]

As someone who used to cram them down your throat, I whole heartedly agree. We only cram them down your throat because we'll lose our jobs if we don't. Not to make you feel guilty. But hey, shit happens.

I'm about to go get Tales.

From my old boss.

And then I will put the cold steel of a gun in my mouth and pull the fucking trigger.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']They are not used copies are they? Like repacked to sold like new similar to what Gamestop does?[/QUOTE]

Nope, they're the real deal new. They have the folded seam of cellophane and everything.

[quote name='guerrila_gamer']They are not used copies are they? Like repacked to sold like new similar to what Gamestop does?[/QUOTE]

It depends. Game Crazy does open games to allow customers to try new games out in the store prior to purchase. If all they have left is the display copy (and you want that game), you still have to pay the "new" game price.

They also should have both used for $14.99 if they are in stock. I went in today to buy both new (local store has plenty of each) and the guy said "we have both used if you want them." Along with my MVP card they were only $13.50 a piece which is a deal I'm quite satisfied with.

Also, Skies of Arcadia should be under $20 as well. It fluctuates between 17.99 and 15.99 at my local shop.

I was quite tempted to pick that up and finish off my GCN RPGs in one fell swoop.

Oh, cool. I already have Tales.... It's Baten Kaitos I'm more concerned with. By the time I'd get around to it, it's probably be $20 anyway.

Is ToS becoming a Player's Choice title soon?

Damn, foiled by DigitalSpace again! I was at 82nd and Powell on Friday. BK is on the wall with the $19.99 price card. I didn't look for ToS, but I did see a used copy for about $13. Then I left cause I don't have money right now. Oops.

Shoot, this means I gotta sell my ToS by Thursday! I got it a week after it came out and it's a great game. For $19.99, everyone who likes RPGs of any kind should get it!

[quote name='psunami']I did my "devil customer" best today and had Best Buy price match Baten Kaitos.

:)[/QUOTE]

How did they do that? Call them or is there an add?

[quote name='suko_32']Shoot, this means I gotta sell my ToS by Thursday! I got it a week after it came out and it's a great game. For $19.99, everyone who likes RPGs of any kind should get it![/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not, as far as selling it by Thursday goes. TRU may be marking it down, but Best Buy isn't, at least not that I'm aware of. I'm sure there are other places that won't be marking it down yet.

My point is that, since it is not yet a universal price drop, you may still be able to get more than $20 credit trading it in somewhere. Not gameCrazy, obviously, but GameRush may give you a decent amount.

My question is, why would you want to sell the game? And I agree, everyone should get the game, It's amazing. Maybe the best game I've played in the last 7 years (since Ocarina of Time)

[quote name='Snake2715']How did they do that? Call them or is there an add?[/QUOTE]

I had them call them.

When I got up to the Customer Service counter and told them about it, they said they wouldn't match it. I politely asked why. He said that it was too much money. I pointed to the board and said calmly, "The price match policy doesn't say anything about the fact that if it's too much, you can refuse to match it."

He talked to his manager, called Game Crazy and matched the price. They didn't give me the extra 10% though... I'm thinking it's not worth the effort to put up a hassle about the $3 dollars though.

I would rather have Best Buy lose the money than anyone else. :)

[quote name='psunami']I had them call them.

When I got up to the Customer Service counter and told them about it, they said they wouldn't match it. I politely asked why. He said that it was too much money. I pointed to the board and said calmly, "The price match policy doesn't say anything about the fact that if it's too much, you can refuse to match it."

He talked to his manager, called Game Crazy and matched the price. They didn't give me the extra 10% though... I'm thinking it's not worth the effort to put up a hassle about the $3 dollars though.

I would rather have Best Buy lose the money than anyone else. :)[/QUOTE]

I always have a hassle with a PM at BB, even if it's $5. I somehow got them to PM Custom Robo (which was $39.99 at BB) from EB's ad (after explaining several times it was NOT the preowned price) and get the additional 10%.

The only time BB does a PM for the exact price listed is when it's their price. Any other competitor, they're supposed to match it + 10%. Somtimes they do crap like this and only match the posted price, which is a weak interpretation of their policy. For competitors, I end up doing the "buy at full price, walk immediately to Customer Service, get PM + 10%" when dealing with BB.

Crap like this is one more reason why I go to CC for PM situations. Only had one problem, called the corporate office over the issue and they said I was right.

I've had it go both ways for Price matches at Best Buy. Sometimes they do the 10% of the difference, sometimes not.

The kid at the counter kept asking, "Are you sure it's not pre-owned?" and said, "I've never heard of GameCrazy."

Thankfully I knew the manager that he went to talk to. (I used to work with him at a different Best Buy 8 years ago.)

"Congrats on the great deal." Was the last thing the customer service person said.

Why should I be congratulated? You should just honor your policy. :)

Excellent job man. Very nice. Doesn't it feel good to be a "Devil Customer". :lol:

I hate PMing at BB. They are the absolute at it. They always hassle me even if it is for something trivial. When it comes to the extra 10% that they are supposed to give, I only get it here and there. Depends if there is a personn that has PMed me before, or if they are new, or if she's pretty and checking me out;). But I find that CC is the best for PMs. They are always nice and cordial about it. I once had a little bit of trouble PMing a movie, but in the end the manager still gave it to me.

Had a weird experience today

This is my 3rd trip to a Gamecrazy (I usually shop at Gamestop or CC). So I'm looking around and they dont have Tales of Symphonia on the shelves behind the counter so I look through the used section and found one for $14.99 without the MVP card. Picked it up and went over to the clerk. Asked him if he also had Baten Kaitos and he started to look at the shelf. I looked too and found it but the price sticker was $49.99. He checks the price of it anyways in the computer and his manager quickly calls him over and they start to talk quietly so that I couldnt hear them. The clerk then says it was $49.99. I said no thanks and just wanted to get TOS.

I asked him how much was a new copy of TOS cause I would rather pay the extra $5 for a new copy. He looked it up on the computer and it was $29.99. He then asked me if I wanted a MVP membership. He said that the manager told him that he could reduce BK to $20 if I bought the MVP membership (note: I never mentioned to him that I knew about the sale from this topic). Told him no thanks and just got TOS and the strat guide for $30.

[quote name='TheRock88']Had a weird experience today

This is my 3rd trip to a Gamecrazy (I usually shop at Gamestop or CC). So I'm looking around and they dont have Tales of Symphonia on the shelves behind the counter so I look through the used section and found one for $14.99 without the MVP card. Picked it up and went over to the clerk. Asked him if he also had Baten Kaitos and he started to look at the shelf. I looked too and found it but the price sticker was $49.99. He checks the price of it anyways in the computer and his manager quickly calls him over and they start to talk quietly so that I couldnt hear them. The clerk then says it was $49.99. I said no thanks and just wanted to get TOS.

I asked him how much was a new copy of TOS cause I would rather pay the extra $5 for a new copy. He looked it up on the computer and it was $29.99. He then asked me if I wanted a MVP membership. He said that the manager told him that he could reduce BK to $20 if I bought the MVP membership (note: I never mentioned to him that I knew about the sale from this topic). Told him no thanks and just got TOS and the strat guide for $30.[/QUOTE]

Obviously they were trying to dupe you for their own benefit, guessing that they get paid extra for each MVP membership they do.

Wow, at least my GameCrazy doesn't have people like that.

I went to the Moreno Valley GC today since the guy I talked to said they had new copies of Baten Kaitos. I got there and found out that all the "new" copies had been opened. They hadn't been played, but they were no longer sealed, and they were being sold as new. Bogus.

So now I will be traveling to the Colton or Redlands stores, 15-20 minutes away, provided they actually have a sealed copy of BK.

[quote name='Matt Young']I went to the Moreno Valley GC today since the guy I talked to said they had new copies of Baten Kaitos. I got there and found out that all the "new" copies had been opened. They hadn't been played, but they were no longer sealed, and they were being sold as new. Bogus.

So now I will be traveling to the Colton or Redlands stores, 15-20 minutes away, provided they actually have a sealed copy of BK.[/QUOTE]

You know I see to many CAG's complain about something silly / stupid like this.

What difference does it make? Look at the disc, if it's pristine and the game is complete, who the heck cares whether it has a plastic wrapper you're gonna have to rip off when you get home anyway.

Unless you're gonna rip off...uhh I mean resale it on Ebay of some other place, what's the big deal. I wouldn't care one way or another as long as I got the game cheap is all I'm worried about. And I see that way too much on here. Since I keep all my games in seperate 100 cd cases anyway, and store away my cases / manuals I almost never see them as it is.

The game is my main concern if it plays and is great shape, then no problem. I just think too many nitpick over stupid things, it's your money fine, but if you really want it, some stupid, paper thin plastic isn't going to matter one way or another if I get the game or don't get it in the end.

/rant.

[quote name='uncle5555']You know I see to many CAG's complain about something silly / stupid like this.

What difference does it make? Look at the disc, if it's pristine and the game is complete, who the heck cares whether it has a plastic wrapper you're gonna have to rip off when you get home anyway.

Unless you're gonna rip off...uhh I mean resale it on Ebay of some other place, what's the big deal. I wouldn't care one way or another as long as I got the game cheap is all I'm worried about. And I see that way too much on here. Since I keep all my games in seperate 100 cd cases anyway, and store away my cases / manuals I almost never see them as it is.

The game is my main concern if it plays and is great shape, then no problem. I just think too many nitpick over stupid things, it's your money fine, but if you really want it, some stupid, paper thin plastic isn't going to matter one way or another if I get the game or don't get it in the end.

/rant.[/QUOTE]

I think the point is that some of us actually like having sealed games for our collections. I don't see anything silly or stupid about it.

[quote name='TheRock88']Had a weird experience today

T

I asked him how much was a new copy of TOS cause I would rather pay the extra $5 for a new copy. He looked it up on the computer and it was $29.99. He then asked me if I wanted a MVP membership. He said that the manager told him that he could reduce BK to $20 if I bought the MVP membership (note: I never mentioned to him that I knew about the sale from this topic). Told him no thanks and just got TOS and the strat guide for $30.[/QUOTE]

I would honestly look into calling thier corporate number and reporting them (manager and sales clerk).

I've done that. Went to buy an XBox from GC and both stores in the area told me the only way they could sell one was with an extended warranty and MVP membership for an additional $35. I called corporate, and the guy got so busted. I don't mind being asked if I want to buy them, but being told I -have- to buy them to get something just pisses me all the hell off.

[quote name='resonatorxl']I think the point is that some of us actually like having sealed games for our collections. I don't see anything silly or stupid about it.[/QUOTE]

For your collection fine. (I'm wondering what you do when you actually want to play it though =/ )

Plus I always test my games out when I get them even if that means breaking the holy shrinkwrap. I wanna make sure it works, errors can happen in the duplication process can and have seen it happen.

Plus I don't agree on getting stuff to resale number one (personal quirk, but as I said before I don't like seeing people get screwed for personal gain, and as I've seen other CAG's agree with me on this as well, so I'm not alone). Two, I also don't personally believe in buying stuff to PAD my collection if I'm getting it to not play end enjoy later.

(I see waaay to much of that around here, by looking at some of the gamelists people post here, I'd chance to say not that many here have kids who play there systems yet own kiddie games or complete crap discount titles because they were cheap to buy and makes the collection bigger. Utter nonsense, that is, and a waste of good money for actual GOOD games. )

If you want mutilple copies one sealed and one to play, again no arguments here, I'm just saying if you're going to play it eventually what's the big deal paying new price for a game that was not used that is not in shrink wrap then throwing a fit about it in the first place........befuddles me immensely. o_0

We can agree to disagree, but you're gonna be hard pressed to give me a legit answer that will satify me on these issues. And that is that. 'Nuff said.

[quote name='uncle5555']For your collection fine. (I'm wondering what you do when you actually want to play it though =/ )

Plus I always test my games out when I get them even if that means breaking the holy shrinkwrap. I wanna make sure it works, errors can happen in the duplication process can and have seen it happen.

Plus I don't agree on getting stuff to resale number one (personal quirk, but as I said before I don't like seeing people get screwed for personal gain, and as I've seen other CAG's agree with me on this as well, so I'm not alone). Two, I also don't personally believe in buying stuff to PAD my collection if I'm getting it to not play end enjoy later.

(I see waaay to much of that around here, by looking at some of the gamelists people post here, I'd chance to say not that many here have kids who play there systems yet own kiddie games or complete crap discount titles because they were cheap to buy and makes the collection bigger. Utter nonsense, that is, and a waste of good money for actual GOOD games. )

If you want mutilple copies one sealed and one to play, again no arguments here, I'm just saying if you're going to play it eventually what's the big deal paying new price for a game that was not used that is not in shrink wrap then throwing a fit about it in the first place........befuddles me immensely. o_0

We can agree to disagree, but you're gonna be hard pressed to give me a legit answer that will satify me on these issues. And that is that. 'Nuff said.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. When I want to play a sealed game, I open it up and play it. If it's a game I really want and can't find sealed (at least for a reasonable price) I have no problems buying a used copy, but the point is I would prefer to have it sealed. I do test used games that I buy - that's just common sense. But I don't think I've gotten a brand new sealed game (on a console) in the last 10 years that didn't work out of the box due to manufacturing errors. I'm certainly not saying it doesn't happen, but it much less likely than buying a used game and having it not work.

I also understand if you don't buy games for the sole purpose of padding your collection. Again, fair enough - that's your perogative. But that being said, I don't see any reason to take the time out of your day just to deride those who choose to do so. It's their money to spend and it's not hurting you. Some of us who have decent jobs have no problem buying games "just to have" because we love games. I also buy some "kiddie" games for the nostalgia factor, or because my fiancee enjoys them more than something like Splinter Cell or Manhunt. For the most part I usually buy stuff that I want to get around to playing eventually (time and fiancee permitting), but I will occasionally buy games that I'll probably never play if they're cheap enough - they make good gifts, or trade fodder.

On buying stuff to resell, I don't really have a strong opinion one way or the other although I tend to agree with you. The biggest issue I have is with people who hoard games to sell while others who just want to play them get screwed.

I'm not trying to argue and I know that I probably won't change your mind (nor would I want to - we're all entitled to our opinions), I just wanted to put another viewpoint out there. I personally agree with Matt Young in that I typically would prefer not to buy a supposedly "new" product that's already been opened except in rare circumstances.

Just my $0.02, please feel free to disagree.

[quote name='uncle5555']
[/QUOTE]

This is the recurring theme I see as well, and I agree with you.

I used to be one of those people, who would buy anything because it was cheap, it made my collection look bigger, and I would never get around to playing it. One day I did get around to playing most of those games, and they all completely sucked and I felt very bad about throwing away the money.

Now I just keep a collection of games I like to play, because honestly, nobody except random internet people care whether you have 10 games or 1000. The good news is that all these cheap, crappy games I got got me over 300 dollars in store credit at Gamestop, thanks to their great "trade in 3 get an extra 10 dollars" plan.

I think I had more fun with the 6 or so games I got that day then the 40 or so crappy games I traded in.

I mean, I see some people that walk out of sales with 8 or 9 games at a time... how does anyone find time to play that many games to completion? I mean, I'm still guilty of throwing down 2 dollars here and there for a good PC game (Warlords 4 comes to mind as being a recent example) or a good old school game... but I can't imagine getting 100 dollars of mediocre titles anymore, when i'd rather just get 2 titles that are excellent.

Every once in awhile the collector gene will hit me, but never again will I pad my collection with mediocre titles - it was sheer torture playing the majority of them.

I agree though on the new product as used, I think that's a BS policy. It took me 35 minutes to get the sticker goo off of Ridge Racer PSP's case since EB plastered the damn thing with stickers, and they had the last copy in town. I don't mind the shrinkwrap being broken, it's the fact that it's not a new copy since the defaced the case - you'd never see that policy at any store.

[quote name='sarkenobi']Damn, foiled by DigitalSpace again![/QUOTE]

:lol:

I was wondering if you went there at some point.

[quote name='sarkenobi']I was at 82nd and Powell on Friday. BK is on the wall with the $19.99 price card. I didn't look for ToS, but I did see a used copy for about $13. Then I left cause I don't have money right now. Oops.[/QUOTE]

ToS had a $19.99 card as well. In fact, there were two copies of one of the Star Wars games next to it and when I got the last ToS, the guy just moved one of the SW games to where ToS was.

That used copy of ToS was marked at the old used price when I was there. I wouldn't have bought it if it was marked at the new price anyways, since it was in a generic DVD case.

Does anyone have any proof or a sales receipt or anything I can use as proof to pricematch BK at Sears? They aren't very hard with PM at all, I just need SOMETHING in my hand to bring in...

I'd rather have a sealed copy just so that I know no one else has messed with it. However, in this case, I'm not sure whether I'm going to keep the game or give it to a friend as a gift and buy another copy for myself once I've finished the RPGs I'm currently involved with. I finally found a sealed copy at a GC about 20 minutes from here yesterday.

I went back to my GC that had the ToS used (during that 3 for $15 sale) and I picked it up for about $13.50 I believe. Not in a genric DVD case, it was compete and had both discs. DigitalSpace and I are now competing to get a used BK at that price. May the best cheap ass win!

gamecrazy is pretty stupid if they actually raised it. isn't is dropped at $19.99 at some other stores? or at least toys r us

[quote name='Wario64']gamecrazy is pretty stupid if they actually raised it. isn't is dropped at $19.99 at some other stores? or at least toys r us[/QUOTE]

TRU sells it for 29.99 now.

My TRU still sells it for 50.... also, i have NEVER seen baten kaitos going for 19.99 new... ever since I saw this thread, i kept an eye out, but everywhere is 29.99 and 49.99 (ie toys r us)

That sucks for those that didn't get in on this deal, but yaeh, I too can confirm that GC raised it to 29.99. Pretty retarded IMO to drop a game and then raise it back up.

bread's done
Back