Batman: Arkham Asylum Collector's Ed (PS3/360) $79.99

Nice deal, OP! I'm going to pass, though, after watching the Joystiq unboxing video. The Batarang coming on a non-removable stand was a deal-breaker for me.

[quote name='mxpowar']Nice deal, OP! I'm going to pass, though, after watching the Joystiq unboxing video. The Batarang coming on a non-removable stand was a deal-breaker for me.[/QUOTE]

They have videos showing you how to safely remove the plastic, scratched to hell piece of crap Batarang from the stand.

[quote name='postulio']so is the consensus that the batarang is crap? i cant tell if some of these posts are sarcasm or not.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure it's worth the extra money, but it looks pretty cool in dim lighting from 7 feet away

[quote name='johnsdoe00']i'm not sure it's worth the extra money, but it looks pretty cool in dim lighting from 7 feet away[/QUOTE]

So do I, but I can tell you for a fact that I'm not worth the extra money either.

[quote name='johnsdoe00']i'm not sure it's worth the extra money, but it looks pretty cool in dim lighting from 7 feet away[/QUOTE]

It's really not worth the money unless you've got a lot to waste, the only neat thing about the collector's edition is the 'fake' leather bound journal with info on each villain. To me that's not worth the extra money though.

Confession: I bought the CE with a ton of Gamestop credit.

The box look nice on the shelf, the extras like the journal, DLC, and two disc edition of the game are nice... but yeah, the Batarang is a complete waste. Plastic, scratched up, blah. I left it inside the box.

I've heard the collector's edition is also somewhat limited in production; however, none of them are numbered.....eh. when it drops to below $40 range, then I'll think about it. meanwhile, retailers can pay the shelf space storage fees for me. :)

it took a little over a year for the Halo 3 LE to drop from, I think, originally $140 down to $60. I think Batman AA: CE will be in the $45-$50 range universally within 8-9 months. with luck, we may see it with special promotional pricing during this holiday season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to post this as well. I JUST came back from Fry's. I asked the guy working there if they had any regular editions since they were $50 there. But he told me they only had collector's editions, but they were $79. So I bought that instead.

The Batarang is scratched to hell to give it an "aged" look. But it looks like a last minute addition. It looks like it was originally supposed to be all black plastic but at the last minute they said fuck it and they went to town on the Batarang with the highest grit sandpaper they could find.

I still bought it knowing this before hand. I'm a CE whore and can't resist the extras. The leather bound book is pretty neat and you still get a different case from the standard editions. I'm going to justify this purchase with the fact that I haven't bought a game since Infamous.

Look how fast Resident Evil 5 CE went down in price. That was $90. The good thing about this bundle is that it might go down in price faster because of how big it is compared to the other CE's.

Seriously, I said it before it came out (since I was able to take a peek early), when it came out, and I'll say it after it came out: The batarang is a huge piece of shit. As others have said, it's plastic, it's scratched to fuck to give it a "battle worn" look, and it feels like a toy. If you're getting it for the sake of having a batarang, don't.

[quote name='Jodou']Ha, wonder how long it will be before this hits $40.
iy.gif
. .[/QUOTE]
Surely not before x-mas, that would be my guess.

Yes, I've been a huge Batman fan for years and I am seriously disappointed with the CE package for this game.

The Batarang is made of the same plastic my McDonalds Happy Meal toys were made of in the 80's (cheap ass plastic !!) and yes, it is stuck on a crappy stand to boot and not only that, it is supposed to look 'realistic' by being scratched up along the edge of it (what a joke). It actually looks like it got stuck along the assembly line at the replication plant and they just said fuck it and threw it in the box anyways.

The other contents are ok, but not work another $20+ ($20 at the most but more like $10). Not only that, but the outside case had a scratch on it. I filed a trouble ticket with Eidos and they didn't even respond. Amazon did give me $18 back on the purhase of $85 (sale), so in the end, it all sort of worked out.

funny side note, I got a free copy of the game (not CE) by accident since I canceled my pre-order from somewhere else and they still shipped it to me for free and I still have $60 credit with them (score!) :bouncy:

bread's done
Back