Batman Arkham Asylum - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Magus8472'] there a few trophies on the rocks out in the water in the Caves[/QUOTE]

These are the only ones I'm missing but I can't remember how to get out to those rocks. Any help would be great. Thanks.

[quote name='sbaker44']These are the only ones I'm missing but I can't remember how to get out to those rocks. Any help would be great. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Access the Batcave either from the Caves or the tunnel behind Intensive Treatment, and then exit it to the east through the hole in the wall you needed the Ultra Batclaw to pull down. You can glide out from the cliff that takes you to.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Please help me settle an argument my co-host (who hasn't played the game yet) and I had on our new episode of the podcast that will come out in a few days.

I said the Riddler challenges break down to finding the Riddler trophies and interview tapes, scanning items in the enviroment to either answer his riddles or scanning the spider statues to hear the ghost of Armadeus Arkham explain his version of the history of Arkham, and killing Joker teeth.

He says there are Riddler challenges that require you to find question marks either painted in the environment or carved into the environment (bricks in a floor arranged in a ? when looking above them for example.)

Which one of us is right? If I'm wrong I feel like an idiot as I have all but 3 of the story achievements completed. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, there have been several Riddler riddles thus far where I have to take a picture/analyze a question mark via aligning the loop and dot painted on the environment and only visible in detective mode. I'm not quite as far in the story as you
I just finished the Scarecrow encounter and am looking for Penelope

[quote name='magus8472']
access the batcave either from the caves or the tunnel behind intensive treatment, and then exit it to the east through the hole in the wall you needed the ultra batclaw to pull down. You can glide out from the cliff that takes you to.
[/quote]

thanks!!!

Just beat the game today, as long as with getting all 240 Riddler challenges.

Ended up with 665/1000 GS, I don't think I'll be doing a second playthrough for Biggest Bang.

[quote name='menikmati']Just beat the game today, as long as with getting all 240 Riddler challenges.

Ended up with 665/1000 GS, I don't think I'll be doing a second playthrough for Biggest Bang.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I went through on normal, and while I really enjoyed the game, I too doubt I'll go through on hard just to get that achievement. I still need to finish up the riddles and challenge maps though.

I swear I've been everywhere in the mansion but I can't find the last 3 teeth I need. Besides that I need the puzzles with many sides in the sewer and to actually find
Amadeus Arkham
then crash Joker's party and I'm done. On medium. I will definitely be doing all the riddles again on hard, I love this game.

[quote name='Flak']I swear I've been everywhere in the mansion but I can't find the last 3 teeth I need. Besides that I need the puzzles with many sides in the sewer and to actually find
Amadeus Arkham
then crash Joker's party and I'm done. On medium. I will definitely be doing all the riddles again on hard, I love this game.[/QUOTE]

Check the

balcony in the Warden's office, that's where I went when I had 17/20 teeth.

Also, you can just select Continue after you finish the game so you can hunt for the rest of the riddles.

Is anyone else not completely blown away by the progessive damage on the batsuit and Batman's facial hair being more noticeable (5 o'clock shadow) as you play through the game??

Finished the game on Sat, really enjoyed it but I don't think I want to play it through again on hard just for that achievement. I'll try and get all the Riddlers stuff though.

Yeah Malik the damage on the suit was cool, didn't notice the 5 o'clock shadow.

[quote name='Malik112099']Is anyone else not completely blown away by the progessive damage on the batsuit and Batman's facial hair being more noticeable (5 o'clock shadow) as you play through the game??[/QUOTE]

Yes, very impressive their attention to detail and I was wondering if anybody else noticed the 5 o'clock shadow as the game progresses.

[quote name='CombatCraig']You're right and I got that riddle but I'm still showing 239/240, I'm not sure what I'm missing. There aren't any question marks on any of my maps and each section is cleared in my start menu but still no Crack The E Nigma achievement.[/QUOTE]

Did you get all the teeth?

[quote name='Malik112099']Is anyone else not completely blown away by the progessive damage on the batsuit and Batman's facial hair being more noticeable (5 o'clock shadow) as you play through the game??[/QUOTE]
I am thoroughly impressed by the level of detail they've brough to the game.

I finished this game today and I must say this is a great game. It really surpassed all of my expectations I had. I do agree with the people that say the final boss fight isn't very good. It was similar to Bioshock in the fact that the final boss fight doesn't feel quite right, it didn't feel like it belonged in the game almost. The end of the game really made me excited at the thought of a sequel.

I was disappointed at the whole Venom Joker final boss fight. It didn't even involve fighting Joker himself very much. It seemed to me like the boss fight was more about fighting waves of henchmen, and then hitting Joker a few times.

I think I also crapped my pants at the end of the game when they mentioned Two-Face robbing the bank and then Batman presumably going after him. Two-Face is my favorite villain from the Batman universe so the thought of him possibly being involved in the next game if they are making one is just fucking awesome.

I had no idea about the 3 different possible endings with the villains' arms. I personally had Killer Croc.

WOW..i had the hardest fuckin time trying to get into the
medical facility (or whatever it is called) to get to killer croc
.....crazy how the easiest shit can be so damn hard sometimes

Wow, wow, and wow. What an amazing game. For the longest time, I was saying that someone needed to take Assassin's Creed and make a Batman game similar to that. And that's exactly what Rocksteady did, except that they made an ever better game than AC. And mixing in a bit of BioShock was a great idea. I remember I was a bit hesitant about having a Batman game that took place mostly in enclosed areas, but it turned out great.

I don't know about anyone else, but I suck at the combat challenges. I always seem to fuck up when I get a really long combo strung together. Having a lot of fun with the predator ones, though.

I am playing through again on Hard and have a question, I may have missed it and it is likely fairly obvious, but
who is Patient X?

[quote name='cdietschrun']I am playing through again on Hard and have a question, I may have missed it and it is likely fairly obvious, but
who is Patient X?
[/QUOTE]

Bane

I'm just wondering are there any achievements that are missable that you cannot go back for?

I didn't want to read an achievement list because I didn't want spoilers, but now I'm worried that I might miss some.

[quote name='Denbo32']I'm just wondering are there any achievements that are missable that you cannot go back for?

I didn't want to read an achievement list because I didn't want spoilers, but now I'm worried that I might miss some.[/QUOTE]

Party Pooper is the only missable one.

As much fun as I'm having with the challenge rooms, I'm done with the regular game. I have so much in my backlog I'm tempted to put this on Goozex while it's still worth a bunch of points, and then come back to it again someday when it's cheaper.

[quote name='Magus8472']Party Pooper is the only missable one.[/QUOTE]

And that just happened to be the only one that I didn't get on my first playthrough. :bomb:

I am missing a set of teeth in intensive care in the pump control area but I can not get back in there. Any help? I try to access it from the main sewer junction and I am getting to a door that I can not open regardless of gadget.

Finished it 20 minutes ago or so. What an incredible game!

Its the first time I've really been tempted to go back and play again so quickly after playing!

[quote name='Malik112099']WOW..i had the hardest fuckin time trying to get into the
medical facility (or whatever it is called) to get to killer croc
.....crazy how the easiest shit can be so damn hard sometimes[/QUOTE]

Me too. Then I figured it out, and I was like, "What the hell? There's gotta be a catch." That's happened to me so many times, I can't even count.

just beat the game last night and wow what an awesome game. i was really hesitant when they were releasing combat videos but for $47 i said why not? well worth every penny. i played this game for 4 days straight pretty much and i loved the detail (the fireworks, batmans suit) gadgets, boss battles felt good but sometimes really frustrating (toward the end the henchman take lots of hits!!!) love finding the riddles those are all well done (i have about 75% of those now) and most of all the Joker! he made the game that much more interesting and made me want to finally get to him. huge spoilers here dont click unless you beat the game......
ok was anyone else kind of let down when you fight "titan" joker? i was really hoping for a classic 1 on 1 battle, he moves fast and has gadgets himself and henchman. it was still fun but not what i was hoping for at all. and the game kinds of loses a little steam toward the end to finally getting joker. anyone else hope they make a sequel to this game? theres deff room with two face on the loose (radio chatter) and after the credits Bane!!!!! still alive. i hope so it would be awesome

You guys all talking about two face
I am not sure if you didnt catch this, or if you needed all 24 (the 1 hidden) arkham riddles, but he is caught over the radio at the end. He is talking to Batman and the police come barging in. Now does that mean he didnt escape after the radio cut off...who knows, but he was found at the end of the game and an attempt at catching him

[quote name='Snake2715']You guys all talking about two face
I am not sure if you didnt catch this, or if you needed all 24 (the 1 hidden) arkham riddles, but he is caught over the radio at the end. He is talking to Batman and the police come barging in. Now does that mean he didnt escape after the radio cut off...who knows, but he was found at the end of the game and an attempt at catching him
[/QUOTE]
You're confusing Two-Face with the Riddler my friend.

The combat challenges are really messing me up. The predator ones are quite easy...too easy actually. I didn't have to do any of those maps more than 2 or 3 times. These combat ones, though, are just a pain. The only one I have all three medals on is the first one, and that was by being "in the zone," at least for me, and I still only got 21,500 points out of it.

[quote name='rapsodist']And that just happened to be the only one that I didn't get on my first playthrough. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your willpower!
I couldn't help but beat the shit out of those smug sarcastic bastards! :lol:

Just finished the game a few hours ago and got the rest of the riddles. Took me approx. 15 hours (to finish the story), but I went back to every area every time I got a new gadget (just had to get those riddles!), so that added a couple of hours to the playtime.

An amazing game, really. I wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed the demo and added this to my gamefly queue. For me, it was one of those games I couldn't put down.

The ending boss fight...
...was pretty silly. It didn't really ruin the game for me at all, but I did kind of roll my eyes.

Regarding the Spirit of Arkham,
I need to figure out who it is and find where they are.

Overall, an easy 9-9.5/10. Fantastic gameplay/atmosphere/production values throughout.

EDIT: After the credits...
I got Bane.

:drool:

poisonivy.png

Just finished this, did it in a single sitting. I loved it, got 535 points for a single play through on medium and wasnt trying for achievements specifically at all. Overall had a blast, loved the atmosphere, graphics are just amazing, fantastic soundtrack, and most of all, really good controls.

Id give this game a 9/10, just a few things like controls ended up getting a tad complicated torwards the end (i could never see a casual gamer ever beating this game, you literally use every button and directional and combinations of them). Also, some weird collision detection from time to time, but nothing major.

HIGHLY recommended.

Couldnt wait for Gamefly so I traded in some games and got it last night after beating Red Faction 2. So far it lives up to the hype. Super fun!

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Just finished the game a few hours ago and got the rest of the riddles. Took me approx. 15 hours (to finish the story), but I went back to every area every time I got a new gadget (just had to get those riddles!), so that added a couple of hours to the playtime.

An amazing game, really. I wasn't expecting much, but I really enjoyed the demo and added this to my gamefly queue. For me, it was one of those games I couldn't put down.

The ending boss fight...
...was pretty silly. It didn't really ruin the game for me at all, but I did kind of roll my eyes.

Regarding the Spirit of Arkham,
I need to figure out who it is and find where they are.

Overall, an easy 9-9.5/10. Fantastic gameplay/atmosphere/production values throughout.

EDIT: After the credits...
I got Bane.
[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the Spirit of Arkham
there's one person who had the access and ability to pull it off, my problem was I couldn't remember where the last time I saw this person in the game. Took awhile

[quote name='whiptcracker']It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the Spirit of Arkham
there's one person who had the access and ability to pull it off, my problem was I couldn't remember where the last time I saw this person in the game. Took awhile
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured out who it was after a 2nd listen to all of the messages. I just couldn't figure out where to find him.
I went back to where I rescued him from (the room past poison's ivy's holding cell), and didn't see him there but saw the scratches on the floor and didn't think anything of it. I scoured the island a couple of times and eventually figured out I had to scan those scratches on the floor.

[quote name='whiptcracker']It shouldn't be too hard to figure out the Spirit of Arkham
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I figured out who it was after a 2nd listen to all of the messages. I just couldn't figure out where to find that person.
I went back to where I rescued him from (the room past poison's ivy's holding cell), and didn't see him there but saw the scratches on the floor and didn't think anything of it. I scoured the island a couple of times and eventually figured out I had to scan those scratches on the floor.

[quote name='Superfro33']Congrats on your willpower!
I couldn't help but beat the shit out of those smug sarcastic bastards! :lol:
[/QUOTE]

It was tough not to do the same!
I withheld for the sake of drama--it just seemed like a much tenser atmosphere having to walk through that hall on their terms, not knowing if it was a trap but forging ahead nonetheless. I think I ought to get an achievement just for not falling to the temptation of making a beatdown on those suckers!

I'm going to be epic nerdy here and if someone has already posted about this, I apologize. It became highly addictive to me this morning to try all that. I think I became too hooked on Riddler puzzles :oops:

It started with this Gotham City website and after I sent an email to the address listed (yea, I know lol) it sends you back an automated reply with a login and password. It sends you to this site. I got the guard's id number and was able to get into the Arkham Care website that they advertised in the game (it's played on the tv in one of the wings). From there, I'm totally at a loss. I can't figure out the passwords for the login of the other doctors, or to open up the files in Dr. Maga's file section.

Ok, there, that's my nonsense.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The combat challenges are really messing me up. The predator ones are quite easy...too easy actually. I didn't have to do any of those maps more than 2 or 3 times. These combat ones, though, are just a pain. The only one I have all three medals on is the first one, and that was by being "in the zone," at least for me, and I still only got 21,500 points out of it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't forsee getting the full 1,000 on this. Hell, I can't even get one medal on the last challenge map, I tried for the fun of it. I thought it'd be something I could bear down and "get" but it really isn't. Just not clicking for me.

Fantastic game though.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Yeah, I figured out who it was after a 2nd listen to all of the messages. I just couldn't figure out where to find that person.
[/QUOTE]

I did pretty much the exact same thing.

I've been playing the combat challenge maps a lot, and I gotta say, it does get pretty fun as the moves become more instinctual to you. Still don't know if I'll ever get three medals on the Shock and Awe levels, but I am definitely getting a lot better and actually feel like I might be able to get the achievements, as opposed to a few days ago when it felt really impossible and pointless. For those having the same difficulties as me, just remember a few key things:

- eliminate stun rod and knife wielders as soon as you can. Getting a long combo broken by these asses is so frustrating. As soon as the round begins, I try to batclaw one of them, smack 'em around a bit, and then hit 'em with a ground takedown, if I'm luck enough to knock them away from a crowd. If there are multiples in a level, use your standing takedown or throw to remove those.

- remember that the ground takedown is worth a base of 100 points. So, once you get to a 10+ combo, you're looking at 1000+ points for every ground takedown. They are definitely risky to pull off, but the reward is worth it.

- make sure that you get a good variety into your long combo. The variation bonuses saved my ass a bunch of times.

- lastly, whenever the game slows up, for like a takedown or throw, make sure to survey the room. That way, you know where to direct your next attack.

I love this game!!!!!!! I can't decide if I should download my extra map, or make an extra $20-$25 on ebay. I love the Rumble in the Jungle map. I'm like number 4516 on the leaderboards, and that was my first time! If someone could give me some clues to the predator challenges, that'd be much appreciated. I can't figure out what they want me to do.

bread's done
Back