Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Greatest Hits (PS3) $19.99 - Amazon

Thanks again OP. I ended up picking this up after all. I didn't wanna risk waiting to see if GF would restock the normal version and have this sale be over. I used The Expendables BD for $12.99 as filler for free shipping.

Bumpy. Free Standard Shipping now! Canceled and reordered without the filler. Glad it didn't get processed yet. My FSSS orders have been a getting processed a bit slower during the holidays so glad to get the upgrade.

[quote name='frpilot']Hopefully the "Greatest Hits" on the thread title will keep this thread from becoming a 10 page debate on whether or not this is going to be clear case or red case. haha[/QUOTE]

I bit on this deal for my PS3. Had wells fargo points redeemable for an ecertificate for 5 dollars + the free shipping!! Red case or clear case, I got the best edition of the best superhero game ever made on the best system and for a grand total of 14.99 NO TAX!

Cant wait til Friday!!!

[quote name='LiquidM3taL']I bit on this deal for my PS3. Had wells fargo points redeemable for an ecertificate for 5 dollars + the free shipping!! Red case or clear case, I got the best edition of the best superhero game ever made on the best system and for a grand total of 14.99 NO TAX!

Cant wait til Friday!!![/QUOTE]

This is almost convincing enough an argument for me to simply forget the GH/BL nonsense, but i'll have to ponder a little while longer. If anyone who has bought a copy happens to receive a black label copy, please let us know. Thanks.

Why do people find the red greatest hits cases so repugnant? I must be in the minority that actually likes them. Just in case you didn't know, the platinum hits cases in the UK are far far worse. I imported the first Uncharted a while back because it was cheaper and it came in a horrible platinum hits case. If any case is worth complaining about, it's those. Then again, it's just a case and nobody in their right mind should be whining about something so trivial. We'll all be dead within a hundred years and none of it will matter!

[quote name='Uracat']Why do people find the red greatest hits cases so repugnant? I must be in the minority that actually likes them. Just in case you didn't know, the platinum hits cases in the UK are far far worse. I imported the first Uncharted a while back because it was cheaper and it came in a horrible platinum hits case. If any case is worth complaining about, it's those. Then again, it's just a case and nobody in their right mind should be whining about something so trivial. We'll all be dead within a hundred years and none of it will matter![/QUOTE]

It's all a matter of personal preference.

Which is why it's so retarded that people can't understand that some of us don't like the PH or red cases.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Thats exactly why its there haha. I know I really wanted the normal 3D-ish black label case but not this one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was freaking ridiculous when this game went on sale at Newegg for $17.99 w/ free shipping. No one was concerned about the game itself, but how the damn case looked, wtf.

I do but don't understand where people are coming from. I do understand that you don't want a red case sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't understand how this can prevent you from buying a game that you want at a really good price when blank cases can be had for a dollar a piece in smaller bundles (10) or fifty cents a piece in bigger bundles (50).

I myself have 5 games that are still in DVD cases that I got during a Blockbuster sale. I plan on replacing them at some point but it isn't a pressing issue for me right now. I also have 5 games that are in slipcovers. Some people literally throw slipcovers away right when they get their game! I think they are sexy as hell and that those people are nuts. Especially when you can sell slipcovers for some decent coin lol.

Sure it's all a matter of preference but taking up page upon page in a deal thread moaning about a case that can be had for cheap isn't going to get you anywhere and isn't very helpful to other people who follow the threads for actual info about deals they are interested in.

[quote name='Lucky13']I do but don't understand where people are coming from. I do understand that you don't want a red case sticking out like a sore thumb. I don't understand how this can prevent you from buying a game that you want at a really good price when blank cases can be had for a dollar a piece in smaller bundles (10) or fifty cents a piece in bigger bundles (50).

I myself have 5 games that are still in DVD cases that I got during a Blockbuster sale. I plan on replacing them at some point but it isn't a pressing issue for me right now. I also have 5 games that are in slipcovers. Some people literally throw slipcovers away right when they get their game! I think they are sexy as hell and that those people are nuts. Especially when you can sell slipcovers for some decent coin lol.

Sure it's all a matter of preference but taking up page upon page in a deal thread moaning about a case that can be had for cheap isn't going to get you anywhere and isn't very helpful to other people who follow the threads for actual info about deals they are interested in.[/QUOTE]

The black label vs Platinum Hits issue for Batman GOTY was about more than just the color of the case. The black label versions also came with a holographic lithograph cover for the game, which looked really awesome. For some reason, this was removed from the greatest hits and platinum versions. In fact, for some games in the past, collector holographic covers have actually been the preorder bonus for the game. For a collector, something like this does matter, particularly if the person plans to display the game or its case.

[quote name='cman']The black label vs Platinum Hits issue for Batman GOTY was about more than just the color of the case. The black label versions also came with a holographic lithograph cover for the game, which looked really awesome. For some reason, this was removed from the greatest hits and platinum versions. In fact, for some games in the past, collector holographic covers have actually been the preorder bonus for the game. For a collector, something like this does matter, particularly if the person plans to display the game or its case.[/QUOTE]

Ah I wasn't aware that the black label Batman came with a holographic cover as it wasn't mentioned in this thread. I'm a slipcover guy so I can see where someone would be coming from if that is the case but otherwise I don't find the normal vs other cases a big deal. At least enough not to warrant the majority of the 10+ pages of posts being about the case. Thankfully this thread hasn't really turned into that. To your point about covers being a preorder bonus I think that's a little ridiculous as PS3/360 slipcovers are hard enough to find as it is.

The first print has a holographic lenticular cover and comes with 2 pairs of 3D glasses.

The GH version has a normal cover with red GH banner in a clear case. It comes with only 1 pair of 3D glasses.

I don't have the 360 version so I don't know the difference.

Im so friggin stoked to turn my ps3 on but i had to update the CAGsters first! I purchased this Monday evening around 7:45pm for grand total of 14.99 (used amazon $5 ecertificate redeemable from my bank reward points) and it just showed up in the mail today!!! My email said expected delivery date was 31st!?!?! The case is clear and i have provided a link to the picture Ive taken so we can all end this debate lol. ....Now on to better things like PLAYING THE BEST BATMAN GAME EVER MADE :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57640667@N03/5304389271/

Awesome. My certs from BB registered today and I picked it up for 5.xx out of pocket. Now to not buy anything from BB for a year so I can get a free $20 next christmas.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Forget Batman - Bruce Wayne would give to Child's Play instead[/QUOTE]

What's Childs Play? I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet.

@IAmTheCheapestGamer
What's your new avatar? I can make out the text at the top, but not the bottom (white text on red). And what's the pic from (soldier w/ coffee)?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Best Buy also has this on sale this week for $20 and if you're lucky you can find a non-GH version, like I saw earlier in the store I stopped by.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up man. I've still got a $10 rewardzone certificate - i'll hit up a few of the best buys in the vicinity tomorrow.

Backordered for 360, Not Available for Shipping on PS3 anymore.

Ordered this last night for In Store pickup, but got a morning "Item not found at the store" email. (Nice inventory system - someone at BB probably pulled it, saw it was $19.99 and did an early morning acquisition.) Free shipping FTW - hope that backorder isn't actually 1-2 weeks.

Still a $19.99 match on Amazon for the PS3, but OOS at $27.99 on Amazon for the 360 - next lowest there is about $36 shipped. Pfft.

bread's done
Back