Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY PC for $13.60 on Steam! (Weekend Deal!)

I know it has the 4 DLC challenge maps. I don't know what/if anything else.

Still a good deal if you don't own it for PC and want the achievements. :D

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']What does the GoTY edition have the original does not ?[/QUOTE]

4 more challenge maps.

EDIT: D'oh, beat.

[quote name='LegioXIX']For those who worry about DRM:

I just noticed that it has SecureROM with a 4 machine activation limit[/QUOTE]

It also comes with a license revoking tool...

Very tempting. Though I bought it on Target clearance for the same price months ago. I gave that one away, now I kind of want it. Steam makes it so tempting.

How long is the campaign? I heard its only like 15 hours or so. I know thats good and all and I shouldnt complain blah blah but I need mileage on my games - i.e. multiplayer or a single player game with replayability. I think Ill wait til the holiday Steam sales honestly. Will probably be on sale for real cheap then. Probably other better games too...

FYI:

Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows – Live

I picked up the non-GOTY edition on a GFWL on demand sale, awesome game.

Even with no multiplayer (besides the online scoreboards) it's easily worth it at this price, great game. It isn't that long, but in this case you take the quality over quantity. If you really want to pad out your game hours, you can go for all the hidden Riddler secrets. Also, the challenge maps can be pretty fun - I really got into the combat ones, spent hours just on those.

If you like Batman and good games buy this. Don't worry about getting your money's worth. You will. the main story is awesome and collecting the riddler's crap he left around is also really fun (I normally never do that stuff in games)

[quote name='Reaperain']How long is the campaign? I heard its only like 15 hours or so. I know thats good and all and I shouldnt complain blah blah but I need mileage on my games - i.e. multiplayer or a single player game with replayability. I think Ill wait til the holiday Steam sales honestly. Will probably be on sale for real cheap then. Probably other better games too...[/QUOTE]
steam says I beat it in 16 hours.

too bad I never got rid of my PS3 copy. The trade value isn't even worth it now. Might as well just keep it instead of picking this up.

[quote name='Reaperain']Probably other better games too...[/QUOTE]

You would be incorrect, there. Not many games on Steam sales come close to how good this was.

[quote name='Reaperain']How long is the campaign? I heard its only like 15 hours or so. I know thats good and all and I shouldnt complain blah blah but I need mileage on my games - i.e. multiplayer or a single player game with replayability. I think Ill wait til the holiday Steam sales honestly. Will probably be on sale for real cheap then. Probably other better games too...[/QUOTE]

One of the dumbest comments...EVER. They're only asking for $13. Good lord. You're one of those people that just whine about everything unless someone gives to you for free, aren't you....

I agree, this is a great game at a great price. I already have the standard game for my PS3, but I'm jumping on this for the GOTY extra challenge maps...not to mention it will look amazing on my PC. ;)

If anyone is hesitant...you cannot go wrong with this game for $13. And don't worry about the 4 activation limit...the GOTY version apparently does not have it.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15459627

Read posts #46 by user DarkPGR and #47 by user Rogersdead...and some previous user posts.

"It works.

Since the GOTY has no activation limits whatsoever, I guess they removed the revoke tool since it isn't really needed."

"Yea according to securom ANY game that has an activation limit MUST also come with a revoke tool. The GOTY edition has no revoke tool so must have no activation limit, like already mentioned a few times in the thread by different people.

The vanilla game still has this limit and thus still has the revoke tool (as shown in your game list as mentioned)."

[quote name='shingletingle']One of the dumbest comments...EVER. They're only asking for $13. Good lord. You're one of those people that just whine about everything unless someone gives to you for free, aren't you....[/QUOTE]

Haha. Of course - criticize. I understand that its cheap. That isnt my problem. Ive bought tons of games from Steam and Steam sales. I know its also a great game. Im just saying I dont know if I want it. I think I clearly mentioned that I kinda want a game with multiplayer more. The game I really want right now is Civ 5. Could get it for about $40 right now if I wanted and Im very tempted to. Im in the mood to buy another game but I need to be really tempted and this game just doesnt do it. Dont whine about what you think is whining unless you know my friend. For me - The Witcher EE for $13 last Steam sale was well worth it. This - Im not so sure.

[quote name='kayatai']

I picked up the non-GOTY edition on a GFWL on demand sale, awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Same here, that was a great $12.50 sale back in the spring. I guess with the extra maps this isn't bad. But I'm not buying it again at this price. Looks like those map packs are only 240 points each.

Still if you don't have the PC version, this is a great deal. Get it now. Would be in my top 5 single player games of this console generation.

ONLY 15 HOURS? I got 18 hours in and that was well worth it. What does your dollar/hour ratio need to be for it to be a good deal? It's less than a buck an hour here. Get real.....

As far as better games goes, you're wrong on that one. One of the top 3 games I've played in the last year.

I bought the regular version during the GFWL on demand sale and it was well worth the price. This is the best comic book game of all time in my opinion. One of top 3 games I played last year as well.

Wish there was a way to upgrade to this version. I bought the original version last year during the Winter Sale. I'm sort of debating just buying this, but then I'm not sure how much I'd play the challenge maps anyways.

Probably the best game that came out last year. fuckin' cheap asses. Buy the damn game and get hyped for the sequel.

Damn you Steam! You put games on sale cheap enough I want to re-purchase them just so they integrate into your little program! (I picked this up on clearance at Target a few months ago.) Great game.

[quote name='Fonz72']Damn you Steam! You put games on sale cheap enough I want to re-purchase them just so they integrate into your little program! (I picked this up on clearance at Target a few months ago.) Great game.[/QUOTE]

If I buy this instead of getting the DLC on GFWL, I'll have bought it three times for PC. :p

Once at Target for my GFWL shelf, once during the holiday sale as part of the Edios complete pack for $50, and then again now for the GOTY!

[quote name='joogle']Is it worth getting the PC version or 360, i have not played this game.[/QUOTE]
If your PC is able to run it well, then get this version. It looks awesome on my 21" LCD with my 4860 :D

[quote name='joogle']Is it worth getting the PC version or 360, i have not played this game.[/QUOTE]

If you PC can handle it, get the PC version. If you have an nvidia card, you're in for a real treat.

[quote name='youngavatar']i was waiting for the 360 version to drop. guess this will motivate me to build my pc as soon as possible.[/QUOTE]

CML for Win7 :D

Looks like a great price on a highly praised game. My only questions, for those of you who have it on the PC. It is worth playing with keyboard/mouse or is a controller a must to play it correctly? Thanks.

[quote name='moosecrazy']Looks like a great price on a highly praised game. My only questions, for those of you who have it on the PC. It is worth playing with keyboard/mouse or is a controller a must to play it correctly? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I had no issues playing it with a keyboard/mouse.

This is one of those games that really shines on a decent PC due to the added PhysX effects. Dynamic paper, destructible environments, fog/steam effects, cloth simulation--all really add a ton to the atmosphere.

It does require a beefy video card (or better yet, a 2nd card dedicated to PhysX only) to take advantage of the extra goodies. So a stock, mainstream PC is out of luck.

Ok, so it is confirmed that the Steam version of the game allows you to get the GFWL achievements? I'm not an achievement whore or anything, but I do like to go after them on subsequent playthroughs.

Since this is in 3D with the red and green glasses, who is steam going to get those glasses to you? If you get it in the store the glasses are in the case.

[quote name='kayatai']FYI:

Other Requirements: Online play requires log-in to Games For Windows – Live

I picked up the non-GOTY edition on a GFWL on demand sale, awesome game.[/QUOTE]

same here, beat it and it played nicely on PC. I did use a 360 controller though. achievements was nice, GFW marketplace kinda sucks for downloading but I got it after a few days of d/l lol. Good deal, got it for same price, but I had points built up.

[quote name='kmlm13']Since this is in 3D with the red and green glasses, who is steam going to get those glasses to you? If you get it in the store the glasses are in the case.[/QUOTE]
If you seriously want the 3d glasses, I've used these people before: http://www.3dglasses.net/Free 3D Glasses.htm

I can attest that they're legit and you will get a free pair of the light cardboard type 3d-glasses you only need to send them a self addressed envelope. So basically the cost of 2 stamps you can get a pair.

For those of you who haven't played this, you owe it to yourself to play this game. I played through the original and first dlc on 360 and enjoyed it so much I got every single achievement.

I played through the main game twice and spent a ton of time on the challenge maps. I don't normally play things like challenge maps but they really do give you an appreciation for the combat and make you enjoy the game on a totally different level.

All of that being said, I haven't played any content after the initial free DLC. Is it that much different/better on PC and with the GOTY content? I have a huge back log and don't like the idea of going back to games but the new set of achievements, DLC, and better graphics have me on the fence.

[quote name='aznguyen316']same here, beat it and it played nicely on PC. I did use a 360 controller though. achievements was nice, GFW marketplace kinda sucks for downloading but I got it after a few days of d/l lol. Good deal, got it for same price, but I had points built up.[/QUOTE]

While using this particular controller by chance did you notice if thumb stick sensitivity was adjustable in controller settings?

Being new to the PC platform and in debating whether or not to purchase a 360 pad, I am wondering if this task is game-dependent or if the device/driver software-dependent. In other words, does it include software where you can map the keys and retain these profile preferences for use interchangeably between games? (without having to meddle with each game's settings separately?)

Someone know?

bread's done
Back