Batman: Arkham Asylum pre-order bonuses comparison and guide

Nebenator

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Having trouble choosing which version and store to get Batman: Arkham Asylum? Use this thread for refference!

Stores:

• Amazon: $12 cheaper with 5OFFARKM code and Amazons lower price, bonus Comic Book

• Best Buy: $10 gift card, Batman DVD Pack

• Buynextgen.com: $43.95

• Gamestop: Bonus Scarecrow map (25% off any pre-owned games with pre-order, and additional Edge Card Discount is available, too)

• Gamecrazy: Joker T-Shirt

• Toys R Us: $20 gift card, $30 gift card if you are a Rewards R Us member (join here)

• Walmart: In-game armor (already unlockable if you complete the game)
Versions:

• Xbox 360: No bonuses

• PS3: Bonus Joker round

• Collectors Edition (for Xbox 360 and PS3): Previous bonuses + 14" In-Game Design Batarang, 50 page full color character encyclopedia, behind the scenes 5 chapter series DVD, Exclusive Collector’s Edition Challenge Map DLC
Conclusion:

• For stores it depends on if you prefer a comic and discount, a bonus map, or an even higher discount but no bonuses

• For versions it depends obviously on your controller and gamerscore/trophy preferences, and the extra round

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I think the code is specific to each game, so I don't suspect someone stupid enough to put it up.[/QUOTE]

Not the code to the downloadable content. Obviously no one would put that up.

I just want to know the UPC code (i.e. the bar code) on the back of the box.

[quote name='Musashi']The UPCs are different unfortunately. :(

GS - above barcode: 1000109782 below: 7 88687 50098 2
TRU copy - above barcode: 1000094911 below: 7 88687 50087 6

Now I'm curious if other stores got unique UPCs also.

BTW who is that in your avatar pic? The face looks familiar, but I can't place it.[/QUOTE]

Is that PS3 or 360? I have a 360 GS copy and it is different from yours. May want to delete it, it may be connected to the code.

[quote name='Musashi']The UPCs are different unfortunately. :(

GS - above barcode: 1000109782 below: 7 88687 50098 2
TRU copy - above barcode: 1000094911 below: 7 88687 50087 6

Now I'm curious if other stores got unique UPCs also.

BTW who is that in your avatar pic? The face looks familiar, but I can't place it.[/QUOTE]

You read my mind, Musashi. Dang.

It's been a while since I dug up that avatar photo, but I believe it's "Beat" Takeshi Kitano.

[quote name='ReaperZER0']My Best Buy matched the gift card (got a 30 GC instead of 10), after 10-15 minutes of some umming and ahhhing, after I told them about their own price matching policy, and showed them the receipt from Toys R Us from earlier.

Then I forgot to grab it as I left, I found that funny as I almost drove away without it.[/QUOTE]

For the love of God shrink that sig

I picked up the game at TRU for $29.99. I had some spare Geoffrey Dollars, so spending $30 in gift cards towards the game and getting $30 back (for the Batman gc) was a great deal.

[quote name='hvo']i just got back from BB and they def hook me up. I got the batman AA game, the free dvd, a $10 gift card and a $30 gift card for price matching tru.

This wasn't easy because the wireless network was down so i couldn't print out the ad also tru was being gay for not giving me a copy of there ads.[/QUOTE]

Good deal. My best buy told me I can get either their promotion of dvd and $10 gift card or tru but only the $20 gift card not the $30. I choose that tru since I didnt want the dvd. It sucks since I went to tru before going to best buy and they were sold out of the ps3 version.

[quote name='monsoon man']Is that PS3 or 360? I have a 360 GS copy and it is different from yours. May want to delete it, it may be connected to the code.[/QUOTE]

It is not connected to the code. I just checked at a local gamestop and the UPC was the same (for PS3).

Regarding the above post... are both of those the PS3 standard edition? Or is one the CE and another an Xbox standard?

My GS PS3 regular edition has 788687500982. So I don't know if monsoon man's is for a different version or what (that would be my assumption.)

[quote name='monsoon man']Is that PS3 or 360? I have a 360 GS copy and it is different from yours. May want to delete it, it may be connected to the code.[/QUOTE]

Standard PS3 version, I just edited the post to mention that when I realized I forgot. I saw your post right above with a different UPC and realized I didn't say what version.

[quote name='Musashi']Standard PS3 version, I just edited the post to mention that when I realized I forgot. I saw your post right above with a different UPC and realized I didn't say what version.[/QUOTE]

360 GS version: 7 88687 20082 0

Okay cool. Can anybody post the regular TRU 360 version of Batman? Does it end with 200576?

Thanks

One of my local BBs said they don't price match GC offers. There's another one in town but I decided if they don't want my money I'm not going to force them to take it so I just went to TRU instead.

PS3 Batman has two different UPC code for the standard version as someone already mentioned.

When we return a NEW game to GS, do they scan the manufacturer's UPC code or the GS Sticker UPC that they put on?

[quote name='BigHow']You read my mind, Musashi. Dang.

It's been a while since I dug up that avatar photo, but I believe it's "Beat" Takeshi Kitano.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, now that you mention it I did recognize him. It's been a while since I've seen anything with him, so I couldn't place it.

I was thinking of doing a swap, but now I'm not sure what to do. I was planning on giving a friend a little break on the price if he let me keep the GS code since he doesn't even have his PS3 online. I also have my CE PS3 copy in transit from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. I couldn't get release day since ECA codes are down and I had ordered before that was available with a DS game on same order, so it would only let me change from my Prime 2 day to standard or 1 day. You'd think CS could have changed it manually when I asked instead of suggesting the whole cancel, reorder crap, especially when I told them I didn't want to do that due to the chance of losing my discounts and possibly my place in line to secure a copy. At least I learned my lesson to put preorder titles on a separate order just in case they later offer release date shipping.

[quote name='monsoon man']Musahi check your GS receipt.

Does it say

50098 2 or
50087 6

just curious, thanks[/QUOTE]

For the PS3 standard, mine has 270304, the same as on the preorder receipt. I'm not sure what the 027/000 after that on today's receipt is for though.

[quote name='SakBee']PS3 Batman has two different UPC code for the standard version as someone already mentioned.

When we return a NEW game to GS, do they scan the manufacturer's UPC code or the GS Sticker UPC that they put on?[/QUOTE]

I haven't done a return to GS ever, but my copy only has the manufacturer's UPC. The only sticker stuck to mine is the Dem Bones sticker on the back which they placed over the 2nd picture.

[quote name='Musashi']For the PS3 standard, mine has 270304, the same as on the preorder receipt. I'm not sure what the 027/000 after that on today's receipt is for though.[/QUOTE]

Weird, maybe that is just the preowned number. Mine has 200576.

Pretty much convinced if you return a copy to GS it'll have to be the GS copy. Wish they could just have handed out the code instead of having it in the box.

[quote name='hvo']i just got back from BB and they def hook me up. I got the batman AA game, the free dvd, a $10 gift card and a $30 gift card for price matching tru.

This wasn't easy because the wireless network was down so i couldn't print out the ad also tru was being gay for not giving me a copy of there ads.[/QUOTE]

Good score, whenever I've done a price match there I have to either choose what Best Buy is giving away or the cheaper price I'm trying to match. I've never been able to get both.

[quote name='SakBee']They placed their GS UPC sticker on the spine of my game.[/QUOTE]

No sticker like that here, but that did just get me to look at the spine. That is also different between versions. The TRU copy just says 30279 below the region logo, the GS says 30279GS.

No GS sticker for me as well. Just scanned the game.

BTW the collectors edition is huge. I was told they only got 1 extra of each. Good luck to those who want it who didn't preorder.

Grabbed a PS3 copy from the TRU in Times Square and got the $30 gift card.

I dont see anything saying that it will expire but it does say it will automatically deduct $2/ month if not used within 24 months.

I also saw some collectors editions behind the cashier but didnt ask about them, so they may still be available.

i was able to get a copy at TRU.

when i got there [ around 10.15 ] i saw 4 people walking out with game in hand.

just got back and opened the game just to find that the disc got loose during shipping and the disc is scuffed...

time to call TRU to see if they have any copies left.

That sucks, sorry to hear that. I guess I can take solace at least that I didn't waste my time arguing with any of the employees at either of my BBs.

Dude that got the $30 and $10 card along with the DVD has no idea how lucky he is.

Wow, I was reading people's experiences at SD, and apparently TRU is also running a unadvertised buy 1, get 1/2 off for PS3 games as well in addition to the advertised DS and Wii games. Needless to say, people bought multiple copies of Batman including collector's edition without a hitch

[quote name='jamezuva']Wow, I was reading people's experiences at SD, and apparently TRU is also running a unadvertised buy 1, get 1/2 off for PS3 games as well in addition to the advertised DS and Wii games. Needless to say, people bought multiple copies of Batman including collector's edition without a hitch[/QUOTE]

woah, what? is this for real, how did this get overlooked?

[quote name='matrixadw']If you got the regular edition the comic should be behind the instruction manual.[/QUOTE]
thanks, I typed that before I opened the game. I thought it would be seperate. Don't have much experience buying games from Amazon though.

Got mine at Toys R Us.. and Legends of Wrestlemania is down to 30$ this week, finally have an excuse to pick it up.. I know that some of you are trying to pricematch at Best Buy, but dont.. they dont deserve your business.. support Toys R Us for running these deals.. Just my take on it..

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This game is so epic...I haven't put the controller down since it arrived.[/QUOTE]

I won't be enjoying it for another week at least, but it's for a good cause. I'm sure my brother will be talking to me over the phone about everything that happens in the game as it happens though.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This game is so epic...I haven't put the controller down since it arrived.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as soon as I got home I played for like two hours, and I'm only 6% complete. Should take me awhile to find all the stuff plus complete the main story arc.

[quote name='Blinden']woah, what? is this for real, how did this get overlooked?[/QUOTE]

$90 for 2 B: AA and $60 GC?? Not bad. Was that $30 GC time limited, it's over now right?

[quote name='monsoon man']$90 for 2 B: AA and $60 GC?? Not bad. Was that $30 GC time limited, it's over now right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the availability of the $20 GC was from 10AM-2PM. I do believe you can still get in on the $20 GC though.

I'm kinda mad I didn't realize or hear anything about the 1/2 off game. There is a couple of games for sure that I've been holding off on, and I would have picked up somethign for certain. But perhaps it's better in the end, I didn't spend more money...

The TRU AD says BOGO for 1/2 price on all Wii and DS games, nothing about PS3 360. Is this just for employees who don't care or is it a glitch? Either way it seems YMMV.

[quote name='Blinden']woah, what? is this for real, how did this get overlooked?[/QUOTE]

Uh read the last few pages, its not overlooked.
Problem is most TRU are running out of batman.

[quote name='Snake2715']Uh read the last few pages, its not overlooked.
Problem is most TRU are running out of batman.[/QUOTE]

It WAS overlooked, by me at least, I didn't see any mention of this before I went and got mine around 10.

[quote name='jamezuva']Wow, I was reading people's experiences at SD, and apparently TRU is also running a unadvertised buy 1, get 1/2 off for PS3 games as well in addition to the advertised DS and Wii games. Needless to say, people bought multiple copies of Batman including collector's edition without a hitch[/QUOTE]

Its advertised on the front page of their flyers but only for DS and Wii games, while on the back page is the Batman gift card promo.

Didn't you put the controller down to type this?

Aside from that is the Joker on the PS3 version really worth it? What's so great about him, I'm considering exchanging mine for the 360 version.

the PS3 buy 1 get 1 half off DOES exist.

apparently a corp memo was sent out this morning and employees dont really know about it. i asked and they said only wii and DS but i decided to pick up another game assuming the computer would just automatically do the promo and IT WORKED. the workers looked all confused and i told them there was a corporate memo regarding the ps3 sale. so first game rang up 59.xx and batman rang up 0.xx + 29.99 Batman GC = 90 + tax

worse case try and if it doesnt work, just return the second game but i guarantee itll work since its in the system and that should be nation wide.

ps. for those that preordered make sure batman gets ringed up first or you wont get the $5 deposit credit taken off the game.

Toys r us in metairie La gave the $30 GC even if not a R rewards member (which i spent ten minutes filling out for no reason).

I justed checked the quantity of Batman Arkham Asylum CE on Amazon.com

Seems to be Hundreds still in stock!

No sense is getting it now.

Will Wait.

CE for $50 Black Friday!!!

[quote name='cag1000']Has anyone seen the PS3 Limited Edition at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]
i did, it's huge. looks like it should be a board game. check the end caps.

...or else!

Will I have any luck returning to the store with the game still unopened and getting a second game for 1/2 off and still retaning the $30 GC?

Nice deal at TRU, certainly worth missing lunch over. Picked up Batman w/ $30 giftcard, which I'm going to turn around and use within the next week to pick up Professor Layton for basically nothing.

Plus, I had a $10 giftcard left over from Fight Night, so I essentially get both Batman and Professor Layton this week for $50 altogether. I applaud you, TRU.

bread's done
Back