Batman Arkham City GOTY $9.99 (360/PS3) Best Buy

Grabbed one, great price on an amazing game. Sold my vanilla copy many months ago for $30 so love snaggin deals like this.

Hmm traded for vanilla a few months ago and haven't played it... Is Harley + Nightwing worth $10? I got catwoman and robin codes for free.

The regular price for this is $49.99 at Target, thus it should qualify for the $10 off any game with $1 preorder card. Meaning, after a pricematch to the best buy sale price, it will be $1.

Time to rebuy and use an expiring $10 cert.

Nevermind, I thought I could use the cert for $10, pay most of it, and use a CC to cover the rest, but I guess that doesn't work

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying this now with free shipping even though they vanilla copy will be free for Plus members here soon.  But I wanted the GOTY edition, and at $10 it's perfect.  Thanks.

Edit:  Never mind.  During checkout the free shipping is no longer available, and the nearest store that has it is over 40 miles away.

This is for people who don't know. I bought the 360 GOTY edition. The 2nd disc is the DLC packs. Once you installed it, you dont need the disc.

The thing is when I put my vanilla copy, it shows my old save but doesn't show the DLC packs that I installed. If you put the GOTY 1st disc, it will show the DLC packs including Harley's Revenge.

Sweet deal.

Sold my vanilla copy months ago. Then went to Best Buy today to get the Last of Us and saw it for $9.99 and had to pick it up.

Nevermind, I thought I could use the cert for $10, pay most of it, and use a CC to cover the rest, but I guess that doesn't work
Right, it doesn't work because the $10 cert is more than the before tax price of $9.99, even though it is only a penny. In store it is always easy enough to buy a pack of gum as filler, but takes a little more effort to find filler online.

Best Buy is also having a 2 for 1 sale on select $9.99 Blu-Rays. That's what I did to be able to use my $10 code.

Darn, it looks like they've stopped shipping the 360 version of the game to homes. You can still get them to ship to a best buy location though.

tempting to buy again but i already have and beat pc version. plus im trying to get my 360 catalog down a bit
Same here. After the XBO debacle I'm going PS3 for the rest of my games save for maybe CoD if everyone else gets it. I beat the vanilla on 360, can't decide if I want this one on PS3 or not.

Well upon further investigation looks like BB is OOS on this one close to me so ill probably pass. It's only $5 higher at amazon and I doubt I'll play it with the last of us sitting at home alongside all those PS+ games I've yet to start.

Screw it..I'll swing by and if they have it ill buy one.

FYI the vanilla save is not compatible with the GOTY version.
Really? that sucks. I have a vanilla save file and was going to continue my journey toward the platinum with this version. It would suck if I had to start from scratch. Ugh, probably going to cancel now.
Yep for whatever reason GotY edition saves are NEVER compatible on PS3 but are on 360 (only exception is the first Batman: Arkham Asylum GotY edition.)
Can you still download the Harley Quinn Revenge DlC with this one?
It's included on disc.
For some reason the newer copies (redbox/greatest hits) which omit Batman: Year One from the cover STILL say "Internet Connection Required" underneath the Harley Quinn note on the cover.

This really had me wondering, yet everyone is claiming it's on the disc. I'll see once I get it.
The only code in the game was for Batman Year One movie. WB probably didn't update the cover art.

YMMV with this. I tried to do the $1 reserve with a price match on Call of Duty Black Ops II for 360 at 29.99 and it did not qualify for the extra $10 even with the normal price being $59.99.

The regular price for this is $49.99 at Target, thus it should qualify for the $10 off any game with $1 preorder card. Meaning, after a pricematch to the best buy sale price, it will be $1.
Buying this now with free shipping even though they vanilla copy will be free for Plus members here soon. But I wanted the GOTY edition, and at $10 it's perfect. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind. During checkout the free shipping is no longer available, and the nearest store that has it is over 40 miles away.
Go to a Target and ask them to pricematch. When I do they look it up on the store iPad and don't go beyond the main page. They didn't bother to check if it was instock in stores, or how far away the stores are that are in stock, as long as it doesn't say OUT OF STOCK on the main item page you should be alright.

For those scrolling through this thread who may be on the fence about this, please buy it will all haste.  It is an amazing game EVEN IF you absolutely LOATHE Batman.  This price is also insane for the amount of content you get across the 2 discs.  

Thanks OP. Looking forward to trying out the DLC...just wish this version would work with my vanilla PS3 save. 

for those who don't have it any where at their closest bestbuy i managed to successfully PM at Target but ymmv since it's currently OOS online, u can just cross ur fingers and hope they don't go all detective and comb thru every nook and cranny

already have a vanilla version from when it first came out but have been wanting to play the harley quinn and nightwing DLC.  picked one up for ps3. Thanks OP!

Was really hoping Amazon would match this so I could use my credit, since I already played it on 360 but not any of the DLC, but maybe I'll try at Target though I'll probably have to run over there right this minute since this is a one day sale isn't it?

If only the damn vanilla save worked on the PS3 GOTY. I'm not playin' this game from scratch again. Might as well wait for the new joint. Still a great price those that don't have it.

Thanks OP!  With the 100% trade-in bonus and 10% unlocked bonus, I upgraded from my vanilla copy to GOTY for $3.70.  Not bad.

The thing about certs is that the subtotal has to be more than the certificate value. For instance if this item was $10.99, you'd have no problem using it.

The thing about certs is that the subtotal has to be more than the certificate value. For instance if this item was $10.99, you'd have no problem using it.
Yep, so you gotta add a pack of gum or something to it. ;) It's the stupidest system ever in that regard but the intent of the certs is to get you to spend more money.

Struck out in-store, regular price there is $29.99 on sale for $19.99.

bread's done
Back