Batman Arkham City pre-order $47.98 at newegg.com

[quote name='Kyoz']All they need to do now is get in on the pre-order bonuses, that would be the icing on the cake![/QUOTE]
i'm pretty sure they're not being in on the bonuses is why they are lowering pre-order prices

I like the shirt, but I can't find any mention of it on Newegg. I added "Barman" to my cart and put in the code - $12 came off, but no shirt. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

An actual serious question in this serious thread. If I order using Paypal will it bill me when the game ships or immediately?

[quote name='SkylineChili4Me']I like the shirt, but I can't find any mention of it on Newegg. I added "Barman" to my cart and put in the code - $12 came off, but no shirt. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No shirt. Supposed to come with a Budweiser mirror.

[quote name='ohram']An actual serious question in this serious thread. If I order using Paypal will it bill me when the game ships or immediately?[/QUOTE]
Newegg works the same way as amazon.com when it comes to pre-order they only charge you when the game nears release like for example I got Star Fox 64 3D yesterday Friday they charged me on Thursday for it.

[quote name='Bluejuan85']Newegg works the same way as amazon.com when it comes to pre-order they only charge you when the game nears release like for example I got Star Fox 64 3D yesterday Friday they charged me on Thursday for it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought, its just some places go a bit crazy when you use paypal.

I rarely ask questions twice, but since everyone just seems focused on joking, I figure I'll give it one more try.

Has anyone tried this deal out and gotten /ANY/ confirmation that they are going to receive the T shirt?

This is why i love newegg i can get an instant discount instead of credit which implies you must come back to to reap the benifits

[quote name='Gourd']I rarely ask questions twice, but since everyone just seems focused on joking, I figure I'll give it one more try.

Has anyone tried this deal out and gotten /ANY/ confirmation that they are going to receive the T shirt?[/QUOTE]

on product page under details it does list that preorder bonus is shirt

but nothing on checkout or email confirmmentioning it

i assume it'll happen though.. maybe take a screenshot

[quote name='jdktech2010']Know this has probably been asked before but how is Newegg's shipping? Is it truly 3 days after release. I've heard some rumors that they still get it on release day. Just curious[/QUOTE]

Well so far I am NOT impressed with Newegg shipping. My Dead Island was supposed to come yesterday, but I guess my 3 day shipping really means 6 day shipping. I certainly won't be using them for any more pre-orders that I don't want to wait a week for.

[quote name='jumpiestranger2']Yes there was I posted it and it was one penney more, so this is the better deal.:)[/QUOTE]

Ohh most certainly sir :) This wouldn't be CAG if it weren't.

Well so far I am NOT impressed with Newegg shipping. My Dead Island was supposed to come yesterday, but I guess my 3 day shipping really means 6 day shipping. I certainly won't be using them for any more pre-orders that I don't want to wait a week for.
yikes!
How much was Dead Island?

[quote name='OmegaLegend']How long will this deal go on for? I don't get paid till next Friday. !_![/QUOTE]They don't charge you until it's about to ship.

Anyways, Newegg is killing me with these cheap prices. I already preordered Rage and Halo Anniversery when they had the discounts. The wife is going to kill me for buying all my games before Christmas. :whistle2:$

[quote name='iRandom']
How much was Dead Island?[/QUOTE]

$47.99. Still a good deal, but it pisses me off watching my entire friends list playing the game while I have to wait. Anyone have any good experiences with Newegg customer service?

I just placed my order, but I didn't get an email confirmation and it's not in my order history. Does it sometimes take a little while with newegg?

EDIT:

And of course right after I post the above message I get the confirmation email 30 seconds later. So yeah, it can take a while. It took 30 minutes for me to get my email.

[quote name='Bluejuan85']got an e-mail this morning on this deal so I cancelled my amazon pre-order and got it on Newegg I have about four orders on Newegg.
ICO/SOTC Collection PS3: 29.99
Dark Souls PS3: 49.99
Saints Row The Third 360: 47.99
Batman: Arkham City PS3: 47.98

I have to say Newegg is doing quite well with these nice deals. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

How'd you get Dark Souls for 49 and Ico for 29?

[quote name='wuxbustah8']So, anyone know if I can transfer my preorder money on this to another game at Gamestop, preferably a used one?[/QUOTE]

I haven't been into gamestop in a long time but yes you can. I'm 89% sure the clerk will try his best to talk you out of it but just don't take any of his crap. It's your money and until a transaction is made you can do what you want with it.

[quote name='malfuncti0n']to those that have pre-ordered and received games from newegg. how is their shipping? do you get the game on release day? day or two after?[/QUOTE]

I had Dead Island shipped Tuesday didn't show up until Friday... I live in Ohio and it shipped from California

[quote name='malfuncti0n']to those that have pre-ordered and received games from newegg. how is their shipping? do you get the game on release day? day or two after?[/QUOTE]
if it it ups 3 day free shipping i get them to me in ny in 3-7 days... They mostly take 3-5 but sometimes longer. Weigh in if you want fast or not and decide where to buy.

An important note about newegg.com. When you pre-order from them, MAKE SURE that your billing address is the SAME AS your shipping address. I’ve ordered from them many times, and I have my shipping address as my workplace (so I don’t miss out catching the delivery driver) and my billing address listed as my home address.

Their “verification” process can take up to 1 day to run through sometimes, especially when you have a shipping address listed different than your billing. After you place your pre-order, there is NO way to edit the pre-order besides cancelling it and re-doing it. And once you are out of the promotion period, you won’t be able to get your discount back on the new –preorder you create.

Even the customer service representatives will tell you the only way to fix the addresses on the pre-order is if they cancel it and you re-do it. Even then, they tell you that they cannot re-apply the (expired) discount or even a credit of the same amount to the new order.
Their suggestion to save on the “verification” process time is to call your card-issuing bank and have them save your shipping address on file on their “memo/comments” portion. Well, some banks to not have this option open for their regular bank tellers.

Sometimes all your bank can suggest is changing your “mailing” address on file for your card to show the “work/other” shipping address, and that they can keep your “physical” address the same. Apparently your bank can have both a “mailing” and a “physical” address on file that are different from each other.

Even doing the step above, I’ve had trouble with Newegg.com’s verification process. Remember: newegg.com is NOT Amazon. Their customer service is quite restricted in what they can and can’t do.

I know I am going on too much but this needs to be said to save a lot of people headaches:
KEEP YOUR BILLING AND SHIPPING ADDRESS THE SAME if you want your game to be shipped out in a timely manner without any verification holds/delays.

See link below for more information:

http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module=2

You got your preorder today? Gah... It looks like I wont get mine until Friday. Hopefully I'll get a shirt since its taking so long to get my game.

I did this pre-order and usually when I order from NewEgg my packages get shipped from NJ since I live on the East Coast, but Batman was shipped from CA... So... Yeah... Idk...

[quote name='dohmai']received my preorder today.. no tshirt though...

anyone receive tshirt from this preorder?[/QUOTE]

im in the same boat. preordered it and got it today with no free t-shirt. so lame!!!

[quote name='Ness3']You got your preorder today? Gah... It looks like I wont get mine until Friday. Hopefully I'll get a shirt since its taking so long to get my game.[/QUOTE]

yeah.. shipped from a city 30 miles from me so got it today

but no shirt is upsetting. shirt was the reason i went with preorder at newegg (since i have to pay tax on it.. there were cheaper deals out there)

sent them email.. will see if they respond

would like to know if anyone gets a shirt with hte game though or if it'll ship later

I wondered if the T shirt deal at new egg was too good to be true. This ticks me off as I specifically ordered through new egg for the shirt. Otherwise I would've bought elsewhere.

I hope new egg offers something to make up for all of us that were duped into ordering through them for this promo.

Also got the game today, but no shirt.

Kinda bullshit, definitely going to hit up their customer service. Anyone deal with their customer service before and have any tips/advice?

Damn.. not very happy with Newegg. Typically my games ship from NJ which is great because I live in Maine but this is shipping from CA and it didn't ship until Tuesday afternoon so it looks like I'll be lucky to get it by Friday. I too only ordered for the t-shirt so if I don't get a shirt like everyone else I'm not going to be a happy customer. I hope the ship the shirts later or offer at least $15 in credit otherwise this is going back. I don't like to bitch and moan about order mishaps but they blatantly advertised the t-shirt and didn't deliver. I know SHC-Gamer at Kmart advertised a T-shirt as well but when that fell through he was quick to notify everyone and then included an extra $10 coupon for War of the north as a courtesy.

I contacted Newegg this morning and they are looking into the whole T-shirt thing right now. They said numerous people have contacted them about it. Hopefully we'll get some news later today.

I do hope they either come through for us on the shirts or offer something else to compensate. I know many of use opted for newegg because of the shirt, so its extremely disappointing to not get it and now have missed getting some pre order freebies elsewhere.

Just noticed I had this in my email. One of the FEW video game deals newegg has send via Email. Probably pickup on it. Deal ends 10/24!

Ugh, first the Dark Souls debacle, and now this.....I guess I wont be falling for the Newegg preorder promises anymore. Disappointing.

Yeah, if newegg doesn't come up with something for those of us that pre ordered, I'm never pre ordering from them again. Discount or not, I would've gone someplace else had the shirt not been part of the deal...

[quote name='hiljay']really? shit storm on a t-shirt? the $48 price wasn't enough? haha[/QUOTE]

No.. not when most other retailers had a better deal and got the game out sooner

Damn, glad I canceled my preorder off Newegg. I had something to trade in at Gamestop so I stuck with a preorder there for the game. End up paying less than 40 so whatever. Sucks some of you guys didn't get the shirts, I was expecting that to happen because Newegg isn't that big of a company and it took me off guard that they would actually give a free preorder item. It's rare for them to do that type of thing. Now they're fucked and probably end up giving a 10 dollar or 20 dollar gift card to everyone lol. Yup, Dark Souls all over again. Even though you pay 48 and you get gift card back which I think is a better deal than getting a shirt. If that is they will give out free gift cards because of this mistake.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk'] I was expecting that to happen because Newegg isn't that big of a company...[/QUOTE]

I remember when they were rumbling about an IPO in 2008 their sales were around 2 Billion, but had super thin profit margin after taxes at around 1.5%. I thought they were a small company too until I saw that.

bread's done
Back