Batman: Arkham City Skins, Robin, Nightwing Preorder BBY

Darkhate

CAGiversary!
Feedback
95 (99%)
Last edited by a moderator:
those are the regular prices I think. Probably better to get them when they're released, and preferably through PSN/XBL. Not sure if I'd trust BB to handle a pre-order for DLC properly.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Are there any preorder DLC bonuses when you preorder DLC? ;)[/QUOTE]
Good one!

[quote name='BingoBrown']Are there any preorder DLC bonuses when you preorder DLC? ;)[/QUOTE]

I think if you preorder the DLC you get the game free. Or was that the other way around? :whistle2:k

[quote name='Donut2922']wtf how do u run out of preorder DLC's?[/QUOTE]

Since BB isn't generating the codes themselves, it is possible for them to sell out of their allotted amount.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Pure idiocy to have this for sale.
Just get them from their respective marketplaces[/QUOTE]

It's almost the same as buying a microsoft or psn pre paid points card from bestbuy or gamestop. It's really not much different just a redeemable code. Anyhow these are the regular prices you would pay for them on xbox live or psn once they are released

[quote name='Darkhate']They are taken pre-orders on them now. Also looks like the Nightwing is already sold out but they may have more later.

Xbox
Batman: Arkham City Skins
Batman: Arkham City Robin
Batman: Arkham City Nightwing

PS3
Batman: Arkham City Skins
Batman: Arkham City Robin
Batman: Arkham City Nightwing
[/QUOTE]

Trying to make money with your links?

http://www.dpbolvw.net/

edit: Looks like its a cag thing.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Pure idiocy to have this for sale.
Just get them from their respective marketplaces[/QUOTE]
I'm using my gift cards from trade ins.

[quote name='Japakneez']Trying to make money with your links?

http://www.dpbolvw.net/[/QUOTE]

Uhh, those are CAG's Linkshare affiliate links....

They automatically get added when someone posts a regular link. It's also the reason why some BB links get screwed up on here.

[quote name='Darkhate']No, I just copy them from bestbuy. I can try to remove them, never heard of the site.[/QUOTE]

Really weird. I see it in another thread too. Maybe cheapy is doing it?

[quote name='ssjmichael']Uhh, those CAG's affiliate links....[/QUOTE]

Yeah this is the first time i've seen this site popup. Cool.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Since BB isn't generating the codes themselves, it is possible for them to sell out of their allotted amount.[/QUOTE]

Duly noted. I imagine they would just get more from the publisher soon enough.

I heard that the different Batman skins are automatically unlocked after you beat the game and that getting the skins before beating it just lets you use them before you unlock them. I don't have the game for the console, so I can't confirm this.

Is this true?

[quote name='Japakneez']Really weird. I see it in another thread too. Maybe cheapy is doing it?[/QUOTE]

Its probably referral revenue from the site. Cheapy makes money through referrals while we find great deals for our gaming needs. Win-win for everybody :)

[quote name='cycophuk']I heard that the different Batman skins are automatically unlocked after you beat the game and that getting the skins before beating it just lets you use them before you unlock them. I don't have the game for the console, so I can't confirm this.

Is this true?[/QUOTE]

No, not true.

[quote name='Donut2922']Its probably referral revenue from the site. Cheapy makes money through referrals while we find great deals for our gaming needs. Win-win for everybody :)[/QUOTE]

Win win win, in the words of Michael scott

I already own the game, but I'm definitely going to wait for the GOTY version so I can try out these add ons. If not, oh well...Whatever happened to the days of complete games coming out at launch...

[quote name='Royal High Knight']it seems like the GS batman costume bundle includes sinerstro corps skin. Is that ps3 only or what?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. As it is only ps3 right now because it was only available when you bought the green lantern blu ray. Code was only for ps3 so would be interesting to see if this is how they got it to 360

[quote name='rp71284']Thank god I sold my Robin DLC for $25 last week :)[/QUOTE]

I hit $30 last night ;)

Oh and people will still pay $20+ until they hear they can wait or they don't want to wait.

[quote name='cycophuk']I heard that the different Batman skins are automatically unlocked after you beat the game and that getting the skins before beating it just lets you use them before you unlock them. I don't have the game for the console, so I can't confirm this.

Is this true?[/QUOTE]

No, there are NO unlockable skins. Only through DLC. You cant even use them in the storyline until you beat the game first.

[quote name='Minkyboi']No, there are NO unlockable skins. Only through DLC. You cant even use them in the storyline until you beat the game first.[/QUOTE]

Thats why im saving my new game plus until december so I can rock the new skins to go with that playthrough. Also Ill be busy with MW3 and whatever goes on sale from then and on.

I actually like being able to buy DLC this way, helps to avoid having to buy $10 or $20 cards and have leftover money that just sits there.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Uhh, those are CAG's Linkshare affiliate links....

They automatically get added when someone posts a regular link. It's also the reason why some BB links get screwed up on here.[/QUOTE]

I can't stand this, because I can never go to those links at work. They get blocked by the internet filter... :cry:

[quote name='ssjmichael']...Not sure if I'd trust BB to handle a pre-order for DLC properly.[/QUOTE]

Copy that. They absolutely FUBARed the Battlefield 3 Pre-order DLC.

I haven't had any problems with buying dlc from them, but I could use a 10gc for another messup, like with the preorder.

[quote name='astr0boy']Copy that. They absolutely FUBARed the Battlefield 3 Pre-order DLC.[/QUOTE]

Lol. BF3 was smooth compared to other releases in the last 2 months.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I already own the game, but I'm definitely going to wait for the GOTY version so I can try out these add ons. If not, oh well...Whatever happened to the days of complete games coming out at launch...[/QUOTE]

amen, brother. the possible amount of upcoming DLC for AC is atrocious. this may become the next SFIV >_>

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Why would you "preorder" Nightwing? That pack was released today.[/QUOTE]

That seems like a load of BS. Clearly this content was ready to go with the game's launch and looks like it was held back in order to generate further revenue.

[quote name='scraggly']That seems like a load of BS. Clearly this content was ready to go with the game's launch and looks like it was held back in order to generate further revenue.[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Or you just don't mind paying extra for miniscule add-ons that could have been packed in the game. $7 for a new character and a couple of extra challenge maps? OOOH! In fact, thinking about these "exclusive" bonuses with the game that are unlockable now, but will be released later on as DLC seems awfully shady. Plus there's the whole Catwoman debacle. I'm pretty damn confident that all of this stuff could have been included with the game but was held back as a means to milk gamers' wallets a little more.

[quote name='scraggly']Or you just don't mind paying extra for miniscule add-ons that could have been packed in the game. $7 for a new character and a couple of extra challenge maps? OOOH! In fact, thinking about these "exclusive" bonuses with the game that are unlockable now, but will be released later on as DLC seems awfully shady. Plus there's the whole Catwoman debacle. I'm pretty damn confident that all of this stuff could have been included with the game but was held back as a means to milk gamers' wallets a little more.[/QUOTE]

bro then dont buy it simple as that! Thats how companies are doing things now a days. Wait for a GOTY edition and thats thats. I gladly bought the nightwing dlc today and have fun playing as him even though he doesnt add that much to the table. I will buy the skins for 400 MSP next month because I want to. 85% of videogame comapnies and developers are greddy bastards, while the rest try to hold old school videogame fun. I dont make no sense, but bottom line stop complaining here and take it up to rocksteady or warner brothers or barack obama, I dont care.

I'm going to wait for the inevitable Online Pass / DLC Bundle and download everything for a discounted price (aka LA Noire / Mortal Kombat).

[quote name='Jcaugustine']I'm going to wait for the inevitable Online Pass / DLC Bundle and download everything for a discounted price (aka LA Noire / Mortal Kombat).[/QUOTE]

Didnt those come out before the dlc went live? It still could happen but the GOTY should be out in a years time or maybe even sooner.

[quote name='scraggly']Or you just don't mind paying extra for miniscule add-ons that could have been packed in the game. $7 for a new character and a couple of extra challenge maps? OOOH! In fact, thinking about these "exclusive" bonuses with the game that are unlockable now, but will be released later on as DLC seems awfully shady. Plus there's the whole Catwoman debacle. I'm pretty damn confident that all of this stuff could have been included with the game but was held back as a means to milk gamers' wallets a little more.[/QUOTE]

Ahem:

1. Catwoman was their version of Online Pass. It existed to prevent the used game market.
2. Nightwing was NOT done at game release.
3. The game needs to go through a long cert process before being released to manufacturer.
4. DLC cert process in around a week.

What does this mean? It means that the game was done before the DLC was, and thus the DLC could not have been included without delaying the game proper. It is not solely to get extra money, it is to get extra development time.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Ahem:

1. Catwoman was their version of Online Pass. It existed to prevent the used game market.
2. Nightwing was NOT done at game release.
3. The game needs to go through a long cert process before being released to manufacturer.
4. DLC cert process in around a week.

What does this mean? It means that the game was done before the DLC was, and thus the DLC could not have been included without delaying the game proper. It is not solely to get extra money, it is to get extra development time.[/QUOTE]

Is there a source that confirms this information?

bread's done
Back