Batman coming back to WB!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
They're going to finally revive the Batman series on the WB. Saw a commerial today and it looks good. Also appears to be a fresh telling of his early years. Supposedly starts Sept 11th.

Though it looks like the messed up the Joker. Also I can't get the intro to run online. Says it's flash but just get the "X" icon for a broken or missing component.

http://kidswb.warnerbros.com/web/stuff/stuff_display.jsp?id=BTM

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC14.jpg

...but if you teach a man to fish... aww... forget it!

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC02.jpg

Damn, I wish I wasn't born on a leap year!

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC11.jpg

*huff* Seven more *huff* buildings to leap...

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC07.jpg

I told you not to pull his finger.

It's the same artists who do Jackie Chan Adventures. Their style is drawn all over.

I just hope it's dark like the original and not "My life as a teenage Batman."

I noticed the ears on the batsuit are nubs too. Also, it's interesting thet there are voices by Ron Perlman, Edward James Olmos, Robert England, and Dan Castellaneta. Maybe we'll see Batman vs Homer Simpson... better known as Pie Man!

I thought it looked like the Jackie Chan Adventures style. I think putting "The" before Batman sounds weird though. Also hope the Joker doesn't always look like that. Small ears usually lead to a more bad-ass batman IMO (like The Dark Knight Returns)

This looks like a long toy commercial.

Nothing will ever come close to the original Batman The Animated Series.

I hope I'm wrong though......Bats sure could use a revival of some sorts.

the art is done by comic book artist jeff matsuda. he also did designs for jackie chan adventures.
the cartoon is called, "the batman" because thats what people called him during the year one comics. man people still call him "the batman".

Just remember, the ears were really small when Adam West wore them, too. And wasn't that the highwater mark of Batman quality?

The ears are like the cape. They change as needed to suggest the feeling of the scene.

[quote name='DrunkTigerWoods']They couldnt get Mark Hamill to do Joker?[/quote]

It appear to be a new creative crew in charge and they, like so many before them, want to make it 'their version' by tossing out as much as they can get away with and still have it be recognized. Taking over a product after someone else had great success with it can make a creative sort very paranoid about having his contribution recognized and not seen as just carrying the prvious guy's water.

[quote name='nickmad']i wouldnt go as far to say the art looks like shit. i personally hate what they did to the joker.[/quote]

I have a burning hatred for a lot of newer art: New TMNT, Spiderman Unlimited, X Men Evolution, etc.

This actually isn't only relevant to shows - I can't stand the art in the (most) comics for, what, 8 years or so now?

I wont pass judgement until I watch it for myself. Art looks OK, kinda like X-Men: Evolutions: not too spectacular.

But I am having a blast going down memory lane with the Vol 1 DVD set of the early 90s show! I loved that show and still do.

The Clayface episodes have to be some of the best superhero cartoon episodes ever.

That reminds me I gotta pick up the 60's spidey dvd's

And I think "Homer" is doing the joker. Here's two more pics...

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC01.jpg

Crotch cam, CHECK. For those days Batgirl takes the car for a spin...

BTM_GAL01_EP001_PIC10.jpg

For the love of God! Can't you spare a fifty to buy me some shoes!

(On a side note, I hope this "re-imagining" of the Joker doesn't have anything todo with the new movie.

I'll have to wait to pass judgement, but I don't have high hopes for the show. But I didn't like Batman Beyond and that show grew on me and put out one of the best batman movies, Return of the Joker. So I hope they shock me and pull off a good show. Anyone know what day spet 11 falls on this year ? I wonder if it's a Sat morning or M-F cartoon.

No Kevin Conroy as Batman OR Mark Hammill as the Joker? Sacrilege!

It'd be like remaking GI Joe without Michael Bell (Duke) and Chris Latta (Cobra Commander). Or Gargoyles without Michael Bell. Or Transformers without Chris Latta (Starscream).

Can anyone repost some of those pics? I apparently am not allowed to view WB websites from work. It might *further* decrease my productivity, you know.

I hope the stories are good because the art is awful. Too stylized. They should stick with the old Batman:TAS, Batman Beyond or Justice League look (what I like to refer to as the US answer to anime)....

batman.jpg

http://wf.toonzone.net/WF/sections/gallery/batman.htm
That's the way it should stay. There is no reason that US cartoons should look stupid all the time.

Can anyone repost some of those pics? I apparently am not allowed to view WB websites from work. It might *further* decrease my productivity, you know.

What pics are you talking about WildWop?

bread's done
Back