Batman: The Dark Knight - Movie Thread - $158.3 Million First Weekend

[quote name='Moxio']Here's the render I cut from the Joker if anyone wants it for a sig or avatar or something.

jokerrenderjh5.png
[/QUOTE]

Set it against a black background on my desktop. Love it. :applause:

Saw the prologue in IMAX. It was fuckin' sick, and they definitely were able to exhibit his ruthless criminal side, but I wish they would have shown more of his psychotic side. Sure the henchman kept talking about how psycho he was, but its one thing to hear it and a completely different thing to see it.

really cool but makes me realize how much I love jack. I guess it was hoaky but it was still scary and sidistic. Don't get me wrong, he looks cool as the joker but I have grown to only expect the best after the first and the prestige.

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I thought Batman Begins was a a bit of a letdown. I was expecting more asskicking but looks like Dark Knight looks to bring enough for both movies.

[quote name='js1']You're joking right?[/QUOTE]

Not even remotely. The script was complete garbage ("Nice coat"). David Goyer should be banned from ever penning another superhero movie. If not for the top notch performances all around (well, almost -- Katie, I'm looking at you), I wouldn't have been able to sit through it. Remember: just because it wasn't "Joel Schumacher awful" doesn't make it actually good.

/threadcrap

Anybody that keeps critizing this movie just needs to wait til it comes out, stop playing the part of Ebert and just enjoy what we've got so far from these awesome trailers

holy shit

DentBurn.jpg

This has got to be CG enhancement (Texture mapping over live action).

It seems better than the cartoon version and the Batman Forever version

two_face.jpg

Two%20Face.jpg

[quote name='ITDEFX']This has got to be CG enhancement (Texture mapping over live action).[/quote]

I figured it was going to be prosthetics and make-up.

[quote name='Aaron Eckhart']For Two-Face's make-up, Eckhart warned, "When you look at [him], you should get sick to your stomach. Being the guy under all that, well, that was a lot of fun for me. It's like you would feel if you met someone whose face had pretty much been ripped off or burned off with acid [...] There are fans on the Internet who have done artist's versions of what they think it will look like, and I can tell you this: They're thinking small; Chris is going way farther than people think."[/quote]

But coupling prosthetics and make-up with computer graphics is interesting.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Sure beats this one
twoface_180.jpg
[/quote]

Blasphemy! Harvey Two-Face is the messiah. No neon, no sell. Hehehe... ;):D

I am going to try to steal a poster of this movie when I go see it.

I was successful in getting a Superman one, 28 weeks later and a couple others. If I am lucky I can get one of the 3d displays they put up.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I am going to try to steal a poster of this movie when I go see it.

I was successful in getting a Superman one, 28 weeks later and a couple others. If I am lucky I can get one of the 3d displays they put up.[/quote]

I already have three! Joker writing "why so serious?", Batman on Batpod, Batman standing in front of the building with his logo burning on it!

I work at a movie theater

[quote name='2Fast']I already have three! Joker writing "why so serious?", Batman on Batpod, Batman standing in front of the building with his logo burning on it!

[/quote]
Awwww! Lucky! I want the one of Joker writing 'Why So Serious?'!! :hot:

*points at her Avi* It just looks so darn cool!

[quote name='ITDEFX']holy shit

DentBurn.jpg

This has got to be CG enhancement (Texture mapping over live action).

It seems better than the cartoon version and the Batman Forever version

two_face.jpg

Two%20Face.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ain't it cool was asked to take the picture down, looks like your link still works though so guess they left it on the server.

I don't think i'm going to like this version of the joker, he's nothing but a nut case wearing white paint. They couldn't even make his face actually white? I mean, if they're going all the way with two-face, why not joker too?

[quote name='ITDEFX']I can't believe acid would do this to a person.

Surely it would have caused the eye to go blind.[/quote]

If you watch the trailer, it looks like gasoline does it, not acid.

1: I want to see this movie.
2: I'm not kidding, i mean like now.
3: I want posters.
4: That is one fucked up dent.
5: Heath Ledger died for this role. It was too perfect. There i said what we were all thinking.

This is why i do not post at 5am. But here i am anyways.

[quote name='abhinav']
5: Heath Ledger died for this role. It was too perfect. There i said what we were all thinking.
[/quote]

Ah, so thats what it was, I thought he took those meds for a buzz. Glad to know he did it because Nolan wanted him to...

[quote name='Bezerker']Ah, so thats what it was, I thought he took those meds for a buzz. Glad to know he did it because Nolan wanted him to...[/QUOTE]

He took them because he was having sleeping problems brought on by the high involvement he had with the character/project. It was an accidental overdose.

[quote name='tiredfornow']http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight

I hope this dudes right.

Same guy that gave Beobullshit a 3.5. #-o[/quote]

Seeing his posted date, he appears to have traveled back from the future. :hot:

Travers is a solid reviewer who loves David Lynch. So he's OK in my book. I also hope his synopsis stays true. I am glad Nolan remained dutiful to the property, himself, and us fans by keeping the film at about two hours and thirty minutes.

[quote name='2Fast']I already have three! Joker writing "why so serious?", Batman on Batpod, Batman standing in front of the building with his logo burning on it!

[/QUOTE]

So do I, but it's been hell trying to secure even just one poster. Congrats.

I think I might end up just yanking down one of the 20ft banners and taking that home :lol:

[quote name='JolietJake']Any thoughts on who will be the mjaor character that dies?[/quote]
my guess would be maggie gyllenhaal since a bunch of them are attached for a third, but she isnt.

Joker of course.

Two Face may be just left til the end as a set up villain for the 3rd movie. It's too bad this version in the movie Bruce and Harvey won't be close friends as it would have more of an impact on Bruce on his struggle between Justice and Friendship.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Joker of course.

Two Face may be just left til the end as a set up villain for the 3rd movie. It's too bad this version in the movie Bruce and Harvey won't be close friends as it would have more of an impact on Bruce on his struggle between Justice and Friendship.[/quote]
But it says the death causes Harvey to turn into two face, i don't see why joker dieing would do that.

[quote name='JolietJake']But it says the death causes Harvey to turn into two face, i don't see why joker dieing would do that.[/quote]

yea i can see it now, Dent goes to save Rachel from the Joker, she dies, he gets burnt trying to save her and, batman can only rescue him and not her. Creating his hatred for Batman for the 3rd movie.

Hmm. Rachel dying and Harvey blaming Batman for her death leads to something where he is eventually burned. Maybe at some point in the movie, Joker is captured by Batman, some how Rachel dies at what appears to be at the hands of Batman and he becomes a fugitive for a short period of time during the movie. The police can't capture him so Harvey thinks "Send a Maniac to catch a Maniac" and releases Joker...Joker returns the favor and burns Harvey.

That's my thoughts.

bread's done
Back