Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='John187']Game play = Crysis2 rip off
Customizations = Medal of Honor Ripoff
Laying down camping A$$ snipers all over the place = Homefront ripoff

I've always preferred Battlefield especially BBC2 but can't wait for MW3 I guess!!!![/QUOTE]

You forgot story in campaign = black ops

Planning on picking this up when the inevitable EA facebook deal comes out, since thats how I acquired BC2 for nearly half-off just 3 or so months after release.

And for those that are writing off stories for BF games...Bad Company 1 & 2 have the most memorable characters in a Single Player campaign of this gen, IMO. Seriously, who didn't enjoy the banter between Sweetwater, Haggard, & Redford? Yeah...the actual plot was weak...but I'll be damned if playing through it wasn't entertaining as hell.

[quote name='John187']Game play = Crysis2 rip off
Customizations = Medal of Honor Ripoff
Laying down camping A$$ snipers all over the place = Homefront ripoff

I've always preferred Battlefield especially BBC2 but can't wait for MW3 I guess!!!![/QUOTE]

IDK man...MW3 looks like its going to be ripping Crysis 2 off even harder, at least setting-wise.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']And for those that are writing off stories for BF games...Bad Company 1 & 2 have the most memorable characters in a Single Player campaign of this gen, IMO. Seriously, who didn't enjoy the banter between Sweetwater, Haggard, & Redford? Yeah...the actual plot was weak...but I'll be damned if playing through it wasn't entertaining as hell.
[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The BC1 banter was more entertaining, but BC2 is still pretty good. I wish they hadn't made them invulnerable, because it would have added to the challenge and immersiveness if you had to help them stay alive.

[quote name='PlatinumIce']Yeah, I think Bad Company 2 has better core gameplay, but BF3 has a far better unlock system. I like the way you can get up to a 100 (maybe more) stars on a gun and you need to get kills with it to get the attachments. It adds a long-term layer of progression, which is what I look for in an online FPS. Bad Company 2's "Have everything unlocked by level 20 or so" mentality just didn't suit me well.[/QUOTE]
On the flip side, I won't even bother trying to unlock everything this time so it's actually a worse approach. What is retarded is having to unlock the same things for every gun, which makes that shiny new unlock a pain to use. I've ended up just sticking with one weapon now because I don't feel like getting noobed while just trying to unlock the same shit again. So yeah, their 'improved' system backfired and will probably lead me to playing this less than I did BC2 overall. I like having goals in a game, but not ones that are a pain to work towards with ungodly amounts of time required for little reward.

BC2 was fine because it didn't take you months to unlock the stuff to 'get good'. Basically it's a vote of no confidence in the staying power of the gameplay itself when DICE tells you unlocks were too fast.

I've got a code for :ps3:Spect Kit from my Best Buy pre-order, if anyone wants to trade for the dog tags amazon code PM me.

Edit: traded it/thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back