Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Demise_Angel']Just spoke to customer service, he said all BF3 pre-orders will get the credit, take what for what its worth[/QUOTE]
wait when you say all BF3 pre-order does that include the digital download as well?

[quote name='exaznkid']wait when you say all BF3 pre-order does that include the digital download as well?[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Please do not take this wrong but is it so hard to contact customer service for yourself and find out? That way you have a confirmation as well in case they forget to honor it as someone on CAG told me is not a valid confirmation.

My attempt got me here:

David: Sure! Well, actually the $20 promotion for the game has not been approved yet. This promo was intended to run only for 1 day between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT on October 20, 2011. At the moment we are waiting for an official response in order to take further actions.

I just spoke to them and this is what was told to me.

If you pre-ordered before Oct. 20 you will be getting the $20 promotion, if not then it's a no go.

[quote name='JungleRot']Seriously? Please do not take this wrong but is it so hard to contact customer service for yourself and find out? That way you have a confirmation as well in case they forget to honor it as someone on CAG told me is not a valid confirmation.[/QUOTE]
well i didnt want to hassle amazon over a $20 credit since i just found this coming from this thread here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392&page=6
So i got a little spooked, and i'm also in a process of returning an item that may be a little problematic (long story), I was planning on calling their services when I actually have the time to make a call (currently in a library) but i just wanted to double check, is that so wrong here? if someone said no it would have saved me a good 10 to 20 minutes.

I've noticed CAG has become a little less tolerable around here especially the new folks, and rather than just simply saying we don't know or just suggesting to contact the right sources without sounding condescending. As a CAG that really appreciates this website as well as the community i hope for the future of this website we could at least become a bit more tolerable since there isnt many places like this on the internet, otherwise we're just another slickdeals with member who feel too high and mighty to help those who arent very adept in these deals, ok rant over,
hopefully i will get a confirmation on this within the next hour or two.

[quote name='kvntwvlf']My attempt got me here:

David: Sure! Well, actually the $20 promotion for the game has not been approved yet. This promo was intended to run only for 1 day between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT on October 20, 2011. At the moment we are waiting for an official response in order to take further actions.[/QUOTE]

This better be true, I had my BF3 ordered for a few months now.

so i spoke to 1 indian guy then to the second pakistani guy:

Me:so the emails amazon sents out then are incorrect5:53:25 PM
Me:their email did not specify a time frame at all5:53:39 PM
Me:from what you are saying, amazon sends it customers emails with incorrect false information5:53:56 PM
Me:is that correct?5:54:04 PM

Abhishek:I apologize for this inconvenience Tom.5:54:50 PM
Abhishek:I will make a note of this and forward it to the concerned department so they can look into this right away.5:55:45 PM
Abhishek:Could I know when you did receive this e-mail though?

lol he was scared to confirm my facts hahaha. after trying this TWICE, this is a waste of time.

DONT BEG AMAZON for the credit. fuck them.

[quote name='exaznkid']
I've noticed CAG has become a little less tolerable around here especially the new folks, and rather than just simply saying we don't know or just suggesting to contact the right sources without sounding condescending. As a CAG that really appreciates this website as well as the community i hope for the future of this website we could at least become a bit more tolerable since there isnt many places like this on the internet, otherwise we're just another slickdeals with member who feel too high and mighty to help those who arent very adept in these deals, ok rant over,
hopefully i will get a confirmation on this within the next hour or two.[/QUOTE]
The site I still appreciate, but a noticeable portion of the 'community' that truly used to help one another without requiring you to bend over backwards to give them a deal at your expense has gone silent and been replaced by impatient, greedy, lazy bastards who expect you to do everything for them and if you don't do it with a smile on your face then they report you like a buncha lil pansies. You can only hold peoples' hands for so long before they should have to walk on their own.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Maybe you'll be the next clown to get the ban hammer from amazon for bugging them. lol[/QUOTE]

You say bugging, I say inquiring. Besides, I never demanded the $20 promo directly...instead I simply sought reasonable and logical answers from them. Not my fault those valid emails became a reality. They sent them, I simply pursued the promotion exactly as it was stated.

If they were to ever cancel my account (or anyone else's) for simply expecting that which they themselves advertised, then I wouldn't want to continue my business with such an organization anyways. Simple as that.

Me:Hello

Nareshkumar:Hello, my name is Naresh. I'll be happy to help you.
MY NAME, How can I assist you today?

Me:hello
I received an email from amazon yesterday
it said the following
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.
I have the game pre ordered and I was wondering how would I be able to get the $20 credit

Nareshkumar:Thanks for the details, MY NAME.
May I know the order number, you're referring to?

Me:I have the item in my cart

Nareshkumar:MY NAME, the offer you're referring to is available for limited time period and unfortunately the offer is not available at this time.
However,

Me:Yea but I got the email yesterday

Nareshkumar:Some other offer is available for this game.

Me:so it was only available for 10 hours?
wait I got the email at 5:36 AM

Nareshkumar:The offer is available for particular time period between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT on October 20, 2011. It seems some of the customers received those details later than the offer period.
Therefore we're investigating this issue at this time.
If the orders placed were eligible, it'll be applied $20.00 credit in account after the investigation is complete.

Me:i see
Ok i had the pre ordered on my amazon accounts for a few months now
is it possible that if I pre ordered before that time I will get the $20 credit?

Nareshkumar:If the order is placed anytime around October 20, the eligible orders can be issued this promotional offer.

Me:i see

Nareshkumar:Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Do you have any other questions?

Me:would the $20 credit appear at the time of purchase or right away
?

Nareshkumar:One moment, please.

Me:eek:k

Nareshkumar:It seems the credit can be issued from 2 days the order gets shipped.

Me:I see
i guess thats all for me, thank you

Nareshkumar: It was my pleasure to help you.
Thanks for contacting Amazon.com. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a nice day!
Bye!

This is what I got, lets just hope its true.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']You say bugging, I say inquiring. Besides, I never demanded the $20 promo directly...instead I simply sought reasonable and logical answers from them. Not my fault those valid emails became a reality. They sent them, I simply pursued the promotion exactly as it was stated.

If they were to ever cancel my account (or anyone else's) for simply expecting that which they themselves advertised, then I wouldn't want to continue my business with such an organization anyways. Simple as that.[/QUOTE]

+1

They don't have to give anyone a credit if they don't want to. It's their choice. If they want to give these credits out and then turn around and ban those people I consider that a bad business practice.

I think anyone that chat-bombs Amazon trying to get the credit from what appears to be a targeted email promotion deserves what they should be getting, which is nothing.

Since this went to only certain Amazon users and isn't posted on the product item page, it looks like this is a targeted promotion and not everyone will be getting it.

Other retailers have done this before and once word gets out about one person getting it, everyone decides they're eligible for it. Targeted email promotions like this don't work for this reason, everyone assumed they're entitled to it, regardless if they are or not because of the Internet.

[quote name='exaznkid']well i didnt want to hassle amazon over a $20 credit since i just found this coming from this thread here:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306392&page=6
So i got a little spooked, and i'm also in a process of returning an item that may be a little problematic (long story), I was planning on calling their services when I actually have the time to make a call (currently in a library) but i just wanted to double check, is that so wrong here? if someone said no it would have saved me a good 10 to 20 minutes.

hopefully i will get a confirmation on this within the next hour or two.[/QUOTE]

Again...SERIOUSLY?!

How the heck does it save you any time? Even if the CAG answered yes that still is NOT amazon validation now is it? Would you order the game just on that? Now that would be silly.
If you didn't have time to contact CS at AMZ then how did you find the time to write that lengthy POS post? It would have taken just as long probably shorter to shoot off a quick email.

You have some nerve to come back at me after I was nice to such a stupid question from you.

Furthermore if YOU DIDN"T HAVE TIME then just wait to see if Amazon ACTUALLY lists the deal. But you did have time so you should have emailed them and as i so kindly advised you would kill two birds with one stone but no you are wasting even MORE TIME.

It was a simple concept and an even easier one to implement.

Now that I was nice to you and your stupid question and you reply with more stupidity BUGGER OFF I am done with you!!

Some people just have no common sense.

It's not right to take advantage of Amazon's fantastic customer service. Just be nice people.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The site I still appreciate, but a noticeable portion of the 'community' that truly used to help one another without requiring you to bend over backwards to give them a deal at your expense has gone silent and been replaced by impatient, greedy, lazy bastards who expect you to do everything for them and if you don't do it with a smile on your face then they report you like a buncha lil pansies. You can only hold peoples' hands for so long before they should have to walk on their own.[/QUOTE]

Exactly maybe he should make an effort to quit being so ignorant and do some leg work that would only serve to help him anyway.

I sent a friendly email to CS regarding this... I'll update you guys when I hear back.

FYI, I've had BF3 for Xbox360 pre-ordered for about 6 months.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think anyone that chat-bombs Amazon trying to get the credit from what appears to be a targeted email promotion deserves what they should be getting, which is nothing.

Since this went to only certain Amazon users and isn't posted on the product item page, it looks like this is a targeted promotion and not everyone will be getting it.

Other retailers have done this before and once word gets out about one person getting it, everyone decides they're eligible for it. Targeted email promotions like this don't work for this reason, everyone assumed they're entitled to it, regardless if they are or not because of the Internet.[/QUOTE]

While this is true, there are a few aspects of the BF3 $20 promo that make it an exception to the rule of targeted promotions.

1. The emails for this promotion were sent out today, for a supposed deal that was to occur yesterday.

2. The promotional email stated nothing concerning the time window of when the already dated deal was to occur within.

3. The emails clearly state the promotion is good for both the PS3 and 360 versions, which contradicts some of the fallacious statements made by quite a few reps that it was for the 360 only (and many other conflicting excuses).

4. A small handful of reps even stated that the promotion is good for all pre-orders of the both console version, but are currently experiencing technical issues.

These are some of the highly conflicting issues concerning this deal. One thing is for sure, that everyone that received the email, all received the same email. Offer is good for both console versions when you pre-order with no mention of time or date (just as long as you pre-order before the release date deadline).

One can only go by that which was stated in their valid emails. And when contradicting stories from reps come into play, of course this will naturally lead people to inquire what is going on. Some received the promo after doing so, some didn't.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never carried myself with a self-entitled attitude. During my chats...and ultimately the email I sent that was successful...I simply wanted a reasonable and logical answer to the conflicting situation at hand....nothing more....nothing less...just the facts.

Just my two cents...

[quote name='ijustw1n']Better be? Or what?[/QUOTE]

Can't speak for him,

but for me... KMART baby. Just like almost every other new game I've bought this year...

[quote name='Ronin187']And this is why I wait until the last week to pre-order things.[/QUOTE]

You almost have to now. Last year you could almost assume $20 credit for Bad Company 2, Black Ops, Killzone 3... all of them had it. Most credit deals were posted weeks before launch too. Now it's all over the place. This Battlefield 3 deal is just terrible with all this confusion Amazon created, in the past the $20 credit would be a given to *ALL* pre-orders, not just a select few and not if you have to email a CSR. It's like there's some kind of internal strafe within the company, someone obviously doesn't want these deals happening because they've notably been cutting back this year... and now this....

KMART at least has the $20 credit for sure, bu only 25% of their stock is the "limited edition" with the extra map pack. Yet for all Amazon's claims, I'm not sure I'd even trust that they'd deliver a limited edition. How the mighty have fallen :(

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']While this is true, there are a few aspects of the BF3 $20 promo that make it an exception to the rule of targeted promotions.

1. The emails for this promotion were sent out today, for a supposed deal that was to occur yesterday.

2. The promotional email stated nothing concerning the time window of when the already dated deal was to occur within.

3. The emails clearly state the promotion is good for both the PS3 and 360 versions, which contradicts some of the fallacious statements made by quite a few reps that it was for the 360 only (and many other conflicting excuses).

4. A small handful of reps even stated that the promotion is good for all pre-orders of the both console version, but are currently experiencing technical issues.

These are some of the highly conflicting issues concerning this deal. One thing is for sure, that everyone that received the email, all received the same email. Offer is good for both console versions when you pre-order with no mention of time or date (just as long as you pre-order before the release date deadline).

One can only go by that which was stated in their valid emails. And when contradicting stories from reps come into play, of course this will naturally lead people to inquire what is going on. Some received the promo after doing so, some didn't.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I never carried myself with a self-entitled attitude. During my chats...and ultimately the email I sent that was successful...I simply wanted a reasonable and logical answer to the conflicting situation at hand....nothing more....nothing less...just the facts.

Just my two cents...[/QUOTE]

So you finally got the credit,..after how many tries... 10 ..20?

Vikram:Hello, my name is Vikram. I'll be happy to help you.

Me:hello
i received an email stating the following
"Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive."
i just preordered, but when i went to the main product page
i didnt see any mention of the credit stated in the email i recieved

Vikram:Thank you.
I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Can you hold for a minute or two while I research this for you?

Me:thank you, i would appreciate it

Vikram:Thank you.
Thanks for waiting.
I have checked your order and you need to wait for 1-2 days and you will get the credit of $20.

Me:so i will receive the credit? I was just curious as its not stated on the product page.

Vikram:Yes, you will received the credit and I am making the followup on your account and I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Please wait for 1-2 business days and you will get your credit .

So there's my experience, having preordered from Amazon just one hour ago. Let's see how this all pans out.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Can't speak for him,

but for me... KMART baby. Just like almost every other new game I've bought this year...[/QUOTE]

Has Kmart been selling the game on relase date? I ahve a $30 credit for Batman. DO you think I can get the limited edition right when it opens?

[quote name='kvntwvlf']My attempt got me here:

David: Sure! Well, actually the $20 promotion for the game has not been approved yet. This promo was intended to run only for 1 day between 18:00:00 PDT - 23:59:59 PDT on October 20, 2011. At the moment we are waiting for an official response in order to take further actions.[/QUOTE]

This dont make a lick of sense

I got the email October 21 Friday 5:34 AM PST

[quote name='JungleRot']Again...SERIOUSLY?!

How the heck does it save you any time? Even if the CAG answered yes that still is NOT amazon validation now is it? Would you order the game just on that? Now that would be silly.
If you didn't have time to contact CS at AMZ then how did you find the time to write that lengthy POS post? It would have taken just as long probably shorter to shoot off a quick email.

You have some nerve to come back at me after I was nice to such a stupid question from you.

Furthermore if YOU DIDN"T HAVE TIME then just wait to see if Amazon ACTUALLY lists the deal. But you did have time so you should have emailed them and as i so kindly advised you would kill two birds with one stone but no you are wasting even MORE TIME.

It was a simple concept and an even easier one to implement.

Now that I was nice to you and your stupid question and you reply with more stupidity BUGGER OFF I am done with you!![/QUOTE]
Wow, first of all if a CAG answered that they were successful in receiving this promotion I would be more inclined to investigate this to see if I can provider another confirmation on this,
I was also checking amazon to see if they listed this deal but there weren't any but after reading a few posts, there were a few CAGs that received an e-mail that stated that they would receive this $20 promotional credit so as you can see from reading the op and the posts alone there is no validation from anyone,
also an e-mail doesn't guarantee a reply so if I ever wanted valid confirmation I would do so by phone call,
And I didn't think that it was a waste of time to point out how CAG is going south since it would at least enlighten certain users and hopefully prevent them from being so hostile to other users which apparently has flown by at least 2 of you
But at least you managed to further prove my argument good sir, so i guess you managed to make urself useful, so congratulations! you've earned urself a special place on my block list, once i figure out how to work the bloody thing,
you also might wanna do some self reflection while ur at it, and figure out how to respond politely even to those who may appear selfish, it makes you a more sociable and approachable person, now good day sir.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Has Kmart been selling the game on relase date? I ahve a $30 credit for Batman. DO you think I can get the limited edition right when it opens?[/QUOTE]

In my experience that is the problem with KMART. It really depends on your store. Some stores apparantly are REALLY bad about even stocking the games on time (and some only get 5-10 copies max of a new releases). Because Josh (KMARTGAMER) already confirmed only about 25% of their initial order will be "limited edition" then I guess it would be prudent to go day 1 or day 2 after launch. That's what I will probably end up doing if KMART is the only store that is having a $20 deal. If I don't get the $20 deal on a LE copy then I guess I'll just have to pass and wait for a sale, or maybe even the inevitable "ultimate edition".

As an example, there is a KMART store 15 miles from me that is absolutely horrendous, sometimes they don't even have their games out on Thursday. Yet there is another one that is 25 miles away that is always organized and has their games out immediately. Fortunately they are pretty much in the same direction from my house and on a path where i can get some other errands done, so it's not a big deal to stop by both.

[quote name='Agent Orange']Can't speak for him,

but for me... KMART baby. Just like almost every other new game I've bought this year...[/QUOTE]
K-Mart for me as well. They've pretty much got it going on on the gamign deals thos year. Only better ones aroudn are the B2G1 frees that only last a week.

I'll wait until tomorrow to see how if this resolves. If it doesn't I'll try support and if that doesn't work I'll just keep my preorder with Gamestop since i have a lot of credit

[quote name='exaznkid']
And I didn't think that it was a waste of time to point out how CAG is going south since it would at least enlighten certain users and hopefully prevent them from being so hostile to other users which apparently has flown by at least 2 of you
But at least you managed to further prove my argument good sir, so i guess you managed to make urself useful, so congratulations! you've earned urself a special place on my block list, once i figure out how to work the bloody thing,
you also might wanna do some self reflection while ur at it, and figure out how to respond politely even to those who may appear selfish, it makes you a more sociable and approachable person, now good day sir.[/QUOTE]
Here's my helpful hint for the day.;)

Click a user's name, then select IGNORE to ignore them.

As for being hostile to other users, the biggest thing that irritates me are the lazy/stupid people expecting folks to walk them through a deal or answer questions that were covered 1000x before. There is a search function for a reason. If more people would learn to use it it would cut down on the multitudes of repeat questions in many threads.

This doesn't even cover the entitled/spoiled brat attitudes people get on here anymore. Amazon clearly intended this promotion for select users and select users only. Otherwise it would have been available to their customer base at large and there wouldn't have been emails sent out to only certain users.

I was curious as well so I contacted amazon via chat.

You are now connected to Manoj from Amazon.com.

Me:I'd like to find out why a $20 promotional credit has been offered to some buyers and not others.

Manoj:Hello, my name is Manoj. I'll be happy to help you today.

Me:hi
I had a question concerning the promotional credit that was offered for preorders of Battlefield 3 for the xbox 360

Manoj:I'm sorry for any concern. As long as you pre-order the PS3 or Xbox 360 version of "Battlefield 3" before October 24, 2011, you'll receive the $20 promotional credit.

Me:I see
I keep seeing conflicting info on it. some say that, some say only if you ordered at a certain time on October 20th.

Manoj:No,Tedd.

Me:I can assume that it will be deposited within 2 days after the game ships?

Manoj:Yes, Tedd.

Me:Great

Manoj:You’re welcome! Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Me:I guess that's it then
thank you for your help

Manoj:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.

I think I'll take his word for it.

***UPDATE***

You WILL get the $20 credit! Just got this email after cancelling my other order today after my no-go from chat and phone reps:

Hello,

I'm following up on your recent contact to our Customer Service department through our Chat interface.

I understand you're concerned about whether the 'Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition' video game you pre-ordered in order #XXX-XXXXXXX-6810663 will receive the $20.00 promotional credit.

I've checked with the concerned department and can confirm that your order is qualified to receive the $20.00 promotional credit. However, I see that you've already canceled this order. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this confusion may have caused you.

If you're still interested in to receive this promotional credit, I request you to kindly return to our website and place a new order for the 'Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition' video game before the end of business day on October 24, 2011. You will receive the promotional credit code when the order ships.

I hope this helps resolves your concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A11ZIG9BHZ1M6Z&k=hy

If no, please click here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A11ZIG9BHZ1M6Z&k=hn

Best regards,

T Kits
Amazon.com
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.
http://www.amazon.com/your-account

Hello,I understand you're concerned about whether the 'Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition' video game you pre-ordered in order #XXXXXXXXX will receive the $20.00 promotional credit.I've checked with the concerned department and can confirm that your order is qualified to receive the $20.00 promotional credit.$ You will receive the promotional credit code when the order ships.I hope this helps resolves your concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.Did I solve your problem?If yes, please click here:http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=chcxuttv3413652870If no, please click here:http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=chcxuttv3413652870Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.Best regards,Swathi GAmazon.comYour feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.http://www.amazon.com/your-account---- Original message: -------------------10/21/11 12:03:59Your Name:

Your Name:XXXXXXX Order Id: XXXXXXXXXXX Comments:I got an email this morning stating that there is a $20 promotion credit for the pre order of battlefield 3. I preordered mine 3 days, but I see no pomo applied. Do I wait two days after it ships to see the promo in my account?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Here's my helpful hint for the day.;)

Click a user's name, then select IGNORE to ignore them.

As for being hostile to other users, the biggest thing that irritates me are the lazy/stupid people expecting folks to walk them through a deal or answer questions that were covered 1000x before. There is a search function for a reason. If more people would learn to use it it would cut down on the multitudes of repeat questions in many threads.

This doesn't even cover the entitled/spoiled brat attitudes people get on here anymore. Amazon clearly intended this promotion for select users and select users only. Otherwise it would have been available to their customer base at large and there wouldn't have been emails sent out to only certain users.[/QUOTE]
i understand where ur coming from, and i see how folks can be a little bit irritated, as always i appreciate civil responses
I just like to keep in mind that some users are very new to CAG or even online shopping or deal, so I'd much rather support them and point them in the right direction
But that means there is a place for the both of us, there's gotta be someone whose a hardass on the demanding users who feel entitled to answers

I just got an email from from amazon (2 actually) saying that my order qualified for the $20 credit.

[quote name='spree4567']I was told it applies to all pre-orders before yesterday

Me:I pre-ordered Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition for Xbox 360 last week. Yesterday, my friend received an email that he would receive a $20 credit with the purchase of the game, but I did not receive this email. Why am I also not receiving this $20 credit?
Akansha:Hello, my name is Akansha. I'll be happy to help you today.
The promo is for purchases made on Oct 20,2011.
Me:Only purchases made yesterday?
Not purchases made before that?
Akansha:please allow me a moment.
Thanks for being on hold
You'll receive the promo when the item is shipped to you.
Me:Ok, so after my game ships on Tuesday, I will receive a $20 credit?
Akansha:yes.
Me:So is it applied to all pre-orders before yesterday?
Akansha:yes
Me:Alright, thank you
Akansha:You're welcome. Thank you for contacting Amazon. We hope to see you again. Have a great day.[/QUOTE]

^
I didn't received any email but I've placed my pre-order for Ps3 on Oct 12, and I chatted today (at different times) with two different cs reps, in both occasions I was told similar responses.

Copied this from the Amazon thread. The guy sounds like he knows the Indian guys over at the outsourced chat center. What a douche thing to do, chatting with them. They'll stay on all day since they're getting paid to do it. Just call in next Wednesday/ Thursday and ask where the $20 is, but it seems like they're going to take a hit and give it to everyone. It's not a big deal returning it as a fallback.

"Manoj:Can you elaborate the issue? 6:03:34 PM

Me:Hello. I have spoken to Roshan about the issue, but I would like further elaboration. I along with others have pre-ordered battlefield 3 and we want to know what the deal is with the $20 credit. There has been people that have gotten completly different answers from different reps. We deserve at least a straight answer instead of this wait two or three days stuff. 6:05:11 PM

Manoj:I'm sorry about this. 6:06:46 PM"

What a douche!

http://www.amazon.com/20-Pre-order-...d_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B003O6G5TW

Initial post: Oct 21, 2011 4:42:40 PM PDT
Amazon Game Room says:

Hello,

We wanted to provide some clarification regarding our $20 pre-order credit offer for Battlefield 3.

All customers who pre-order Battlefield 3 for PS3 or Xbox 360 will get $20 in Amazon credit good toward the purchase of items shipped and sold by Amazon.com (certain exclusions apply, including gift cards, Kindle books, MP3s, and video rentals and downloads.) The promotional code for the credit will be e-mailed within two (2) days after the product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Thank you for your continued support.

-Amazon.com's Video Games team
Reply to this post

In addition to my chat response, I got an email saying I would get the $20 credit when it ships. Other recent responses seem to be saying the same. It looks like Amazon is taking the, 'Just give them the money' route.

EDIT:*looks up*

I guess it's offcial.. All this hassle for nothing! LOL!

I went and decided to chat with them, I forgot to copy it but they said the marketing team is working on it. I guess I'll keep waiting.
Edit: I didn't see the post above I guess I'll pre-order now!

bread's done
Back