Battlefield 3 (360/PS3) $20 Credit Promo BACK at Amazon

thegame956

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Deal is now live:

:360: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit
:ps3: Battlefield 3 + $20 credit

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Customers who have shown an interest in action games might like to know about "Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition," which releases on October 25.

Pre-order for Xbox 360 or PS3 to receive a $20 promotional credit. All pre-orders come with Limited Edition content including the Back to Karkand expansion pack as well as the multiplayer Dog Tag Pack, an Amazon exclusive.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BegFourMercy']Wak, did you play the beta? I had the special 2 day access to it from Medal of honor, and could not get a game to connect. What does that tell you. Also, the one map I played (days later), felt a lot like medal of honor online. A sniper fest.

Until a game is actually released, how can anyone say it is the best ever. We all thought that for GOW 2 and look what the did to that.

But, with the $20 credit and the edition upgrade, it would be hard to pass up unless you plan on waiting for a year for the ultimate edition.[/QUOTE]

Reviews are already being posted. Seems the weak link is the very linear single player and cooperative campaigns.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-3

Also, for those expecting Battlefield 1943 to also be on the PS3 disc, DICE has retracted their earlier promise: https://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/127479457962409984

Edit: I just reread that twitter link I posted and DICE said Battlefield 1942 would not be included. Typo? Or does it mean Battlefield 1943 will still be included?

Don't forget that if you pre-order BF3 for the PS3, Battlefield 1943 will be included on the disc[AS THE ABOVE POST CLARIFIES, THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE]. This, along with the $20 credit and the Karkand pack make for a pretty enticing deal. I'm still a bit skeptical, however, and will make my decision after watching the multiplayer that IGN will livestream today.

I've already got War in the North pre-ordered. If I pre-order BF3, will the $20 credit automatically apply to my War in the North purchase, or will I need to cancel the pre-order and then redo it?

Edit:

Oops, I didn't see the above post prior to my reply. Wow, way to go back on an E3 promise, EA/DICE. I guess that makes the decision for me. Without the implied $15 of added value, I can't justify pre-ordering this knowing that it will likely be on sale for Black Friday or, worst case, be $40 MSRP in three months. Corporate lies for the FAIL.

[quote name='11anthony']Is it just me or when I try to pre-order it there is no release date shipping option for the ps3 edition?[/QUOTE]

It might be too late to get release date shipping.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Don't forget that if you pre-order BF3 for the PS3, Battlefield 1943 will be included on the disc[AS THE ABOVE POST CLARIFIES, THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE]. This, along with the $20 credit and the Karkand pack make for a pretty enticing deal. I'm still a bit skeptical, however, and will make my decision after watching the multiplayer that IGN will livestream today.

I've already got War in the North pre-ordered. If I pre-order BF3, will the $20 credit automatically apply to my War in the North purchase, or will I need to cancel the pre-order and then redo it?

Edit:

Oops, I didn't see the above post prior to my reply. Wow, way to go back on an E3 promise, EA/DICE. I guess that makes the decision for me. Without the implied $15 of added value, I can't justify pre-ordering this knowing that it will likely be on sale for Black Friday or, worst case, be $40 MSRP in three months. Corporate lies for the FAIL.[/QUOTE]

I didn't bother to post the link from n4g.com, but this is the top story at the moment and the commentators there are admonishing EA over this, especially after SCEA CEO Jack Tretton promising this at E3. It's not the fact that most people would bother much with Battlefield 1943, just the fact they backpedaled on a promise very quietly days before release.

Edit: Corrected the business executive's name and title

Yeah, especially when EA has been running the whole "we care about our consumers unlike another certain major competitor" campaign alongside the promotion of this game. Even if you weren't entirely excited about getting BF1943, EA essentially just pulled $10 of value out of the PS3 version of the game. And I'm sure there are loads of people who chose to pre-order the PS3 version of the game over the 360 version for this reason alone. I'll bet half of them won't even realize the sad truth until they pop their disc into their system, at which point it's too late to return it or exchange it for the 360 version.

Also, if you're reading reviews of the game posted today, keep in mind that they only apply to the PC version of the game, as EA has asked reviewers not to review console versions until the 'Day One Patch' goes live. Which means the earliest a review of the console versions could go live is tomorrow.

Hmmm. Limited SP and limited time makes me think that holding off on this might be best, but the deal is pretty strong...

[quote name='maxgle']Hey all, just read Joystiq's review this morning about BF3. It seems if you are buying this game for the single player campaign, the game may not be well worth it. I am not saying you should cancel your order, but it's something to think about. I am on the edge of cancelling my order now though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/24/battlefield-3-review-squad-score-bonus/[/QUOTE]
Actually I bought this game thinking there would be no singleplayer, only multiplayer because all the previous non Bad Company games were MP only. The only SP option you had was bots. Can't wait, only 13 more hours to go roughly. :D

[quote name='maxgle']Hey all, just read Joystiq's review this morning about BF3. It seems if you are buying this game for the single player campaign, the game may not be well worth it. I am not saying you should cancel your order, but it's something to think about. I am on the edge of cancelling my order now though.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/24/battlefield-3-review-squad-score-bonus/[/QUOTE]
Yeah, some of the previews were pretty negative about the campaign too. I had decided to cancel my $48 Newegg preorder, but $40 at Amazon got me back on board. Planning to sell the game for ~$30 after I burn through the single player, so even if it does suck I'm only out $10.

[quote name='kill3r7']It might be too late to get release date shipping.[/QUOTE]

nope. just ordered it literally 5 minutes ago and got release date shipping.

[quote name='HELLRAZR_28']Without the implied $15 of added value, I can't justify pre-ordering this knowing that it will likely be on sale for Black Friday or, worst case, be $40 MSRP in three months. Corporate lies for the FAIL.[/QUOTE]

FYI, the Limited Edition is allegedly not the entire first print run of BF3. So if you wait for a lower price, you could miss out on the Back to Karkand map pack, which is a value of $15 itself.

I'm still on the fence for BF3 myself. I'd feel much better about it if reviews of the 360 version were up already.

EDIT: I kid you not, two Blackhawk helicopters just flew by my office window. It's an omen...

guys don't fret, it's a muiltiplayer game, I'm sure most of you know that. The deal amazon is giving is pretty amazing, I will buy ME 2 for the PS3 : ) . BF 1943 is all but dead, for a while now actually.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Actually I bought this game thinking there would be no singleplayer, only multiplayer because all the previous non Bad Company games were MP only. The only SP option you had was bots. Can't wait, only 13 more hours to go roughly. :D[/QUOTE]
um. Whut?

I played a campaign in bad company 2.

What makes ea look worse is that jack Trent himself went on stage at e3 and said himself that battlefield 1943 would be on the disk ! While I'm not getting bf3 to play 1943 its still false advertisement. Why did ea wait till the last minute to make this change is another question I have for them. When I'm done with bf3 ill flip it or sell Ot and put the cash/credit towards mw3.

[quote name='Distrato']Can't find any deals on the PC version of this game :([/QUOTE]

Don't worry, steam and origin will have crap loads of deals for it after release like they always do for digital downloads :)

[quote name='thrustbucket']um. Whut?

I played a campaign in bad company 2.[/QUOTE]

He said "non" Bad Company games...as in the original PC Battlefield games, like 1942, Vietnam, and BF2. The single player portions of those games consisted of the same MP game, only played with bots.

I think that most of us who want to play 1943 already have it. Regardless, it would have been a huge bonus, and could have been sold or whatever. I got it on the BFBC2 Ultimate edition, but that was for 360. Has it never been released for PS3?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Don't worry, steam and origin will have crap loads of deals for it after release like they always do for digital downloads :)[/QUOTE]

That's the problem, I don't like digital downloads. I want my box.

[quote name='Jurassic425']I think that most of us who want to play 1943 already have it. Regardless, it would have been a huge bonus, and could have been sold or whatever. I got it on the BFBC2 Ultimate edition, but that was for 360. Has it never been released for PS3?[/QUOTE]

Yes

If you buy multiple copies will you get the $20 promo for each one? or is it just one per account? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I wasn't sure where to ask this.

[quote name='OokBandito']If you buy multiple copies will you get the $20 promo for each one? or is it just one per account? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but I wasn't sure where to ask this.[/QUOTE]

No, just one. It even says that.

Myself, if it's a primarily online multiplayer game, I'd much rather have it as a download. Then I can jump into a game with friends without having to dig up and load the disk. It's super convenient. I have the download version of Halo Reach (got it free from a friend) and that's what sold me on DD. So nice to get an invite and just click "Join Game" or whatever it says.

BF 3 is no longer coming with BF1943? Zomg cancel my pre-order.:lol: Kidding. I was buying this game for the BF main single player storyline anyway, since I found out that BF1943 can't be played single player with bots.

Why the hell companies make games mp only anymore is beyond me, but a game having mp or not is not the be all end all for gaming. As long as a game has a good single player mode/story and is fun to play, then I'm in.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']BF 3 is no longer coming with BF1943? Zomg cancel my pre-order.:lol: Kidding. I was buying this game for the BF main single player storyline anyway, since I found out that BF1943 can't be played single player with bots.[/QUOTE]

I hope you haven't been reading the reviews then....:whistle2:|

[quote name='Necrozilla']So how long are reviewers saying the campaign is?[/QUOTE]

5-6 hours on the hardest difficulty. :cry:

I keep going back and forth on ordering this from amazon. Just can't seem to pull the trigger even though it's got a $20 credit and I have $20 credit from Gears of War 3.

[quote name='CaseX']5-6 hours on the hardest difficulty. :cry:[/QUOTE]

That before or after you memorize how you should complete it?

Many said its very strict leashing AI with pinpoint shooting. Mainly saying memorize how to beat it with lots of trial and failure.

Sounds like a blast :eyeroll

Having some 2nd thoughts, I have this pre-ordered but I know I'm getting COD MW3 too, and maybe I should start saving some $$$ and just get 1 or the other, not both.

I know the Battlefield series have always run at 30 frames p/s, but I was hoping BF3 would be the one to break that mold (I know only the PC version runs 60 frames).

Knowing EA there will be an "Ultimate Edition" down the line for $39.99 like they did with Battlefield BC 2.

What to do, what to do.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Having some 2nd thoughts, I have this pre-ordered but I know I'm getting COD MW3 too, and maybe I should start saving some $$$ and just get 1 or the other, not both.

What to do, what to do.[/QUOTE]

you could always resell/trade-in BF3 and then get MW3 with whatever money/trade-in credit you get, at least that's what I would do

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Knowing EA there will be an "Ultimate Edition" down the line for $39.99 like they did with Battlefield BC 2.[/QUOTE]

This is the one thing holding me up too. I hate paying a lot for a game up front, then having the publisher release an Ultimate/Complete/GOTY Edition with lots of extras for cheaper later on. I know that's just how it works in the industry, but it doesn't make the CAG in me feel any better about it.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']That before or after you memorize how you should complete it?

Many said its very strict leashing AI with pinpoint shooting. Mainly saying memorize how to beat it with lots of trial and failure.

Sounds like a blast :eyeroll[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it yet. Just quoting reviewers, which matches what people are saying in game forums (cuz some of them got theirs early).

Edit: Also, people in forums are saying hard is not that hard. Just play smart, take cover, and play as if playing Veteran in CoD.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']BF 3 is no longer coming with BF1943? Zomg cancel my pre-order.:lol: Kidding. I was buying this game for the BF main single player storyline anyway, since I found out that BF1943 can't be played single player with bots.

Why the hell companies make games mp only anymore is beyond me, but a game having mp or not is not the be all end all for gaming. As long as a game has a good single player mode/story and is fun to play, then I'm in.[/QUOTE]
sorry dude, you may be great at working GS/BB for max profit, but playing BF for singleplayer? MEGAFAIL.

[quote name='Newl']sorry dude, you may be great at working GS/BB for max profit, but playing BF for singleplayer? MEGAFAIL.[/QUOTE]

I'm getting it for single player as well. I used my 10$ promo credit to get it for 55 and used my other amazon credit to pay it off completely. I'll then flip it back for around 50$ or sell it on craigslist for around 50$. This will basically be a free rental. Plus I get 20 credit in return from Amazon :)

BF games never had Single Player, I was just expecting Multi. I was going to buy this full price but the $20 promo just made it sweeter. Back to Karkand 3>
I'm buying two copies of it + MW3 for friend (gt tired of COD)
I'll prolly get mw3 for sub 30 and thing left is UC3 and I'm getting it for $20. Win-Win

[quote name='Rosterking']
I'll prolly get mw3 for sub 30 and thing left is UC3 and I'm getting it for $20. Win-Win[/QUOTE]

I am assuming this is using type of credits? Because MW3 will not be below $30 new for at least 2 years. Maybe you get lucky used in the next 6 months.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am assuming this is using type of credits? Because MW3 will not be below $30 new for at least 2 years. Maybe you get lucky used in the next 6 months.[/QUOTE]

If not, then I'll stick with BLOPS.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Having some 2nd thoughts, I have this pre-ordered but I know I'm getting COD MW3 too, and maybe I should start saving some $$$ and just get 1 or the other, not both.

I know the Battlefield series have always run at 30 frames p/s, but I was hoping BF3 would be the one to break that mold (I know only the PC version runs 60 frames).

Knowing EA there will be an "Ultimate Edition" down the line for $39.99 like they did with Battlefield BC 2.

This may end up having an "Ultimate Edition" later, but even the "Ultimate Edition" for Battlefield Bad Company 2 did not include the huge Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion. $59.95 with a $20 Promotional Credit is not a bad deal at all, especially considering the likelihood of the Back to Karkand maps costing $10-$15. Since the Online Pass will likely cost $10 as well, it makes no sense to buy this game used unless the discount is substantial. The Metacritic reviews I have seen so far for Battlefield 3 have been almost universally positive and this is enough of an offer that I am swayed.

I don't see this going cheaper than $35 new on Black Friday, and those copies will no longer be including the Back to Karkand expansion since it will be post-release.

[quote name='fei33']This may end up having an "Ultimate Edition" later, but even the "Ultimate Edition" for Battlefield Bad Company 2 did not include the huge Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion. $59.95 with a $20 Promotional Credit is not a bad deal at all, especially considering the likelihood of the Back to Karkand maps costing $10-$15. Since the Online Pass will likely cost $10 as well, it makes no sense to buy this game used unless the discount is substantial. The Metacritic reviews I have seen so far for Battlefield 3 have been almost universally positive and this is enough of an offer that I am swayed.

I don't see this going cheaper than $35 new on Black Friday, and those copies will no longer be including the Back to Karkand expansion since it will be post-release.[/QUOTE]

That is the best reason to buy it this week if you plan to get it within the next year. The Karkand Maps will cost at least $10. Even if you found it for $35...more likely $40 it won't be LE. With 9 maps shipping it will be nice to get the 4 Karkand maps included without any added investment. Buying used is even worse for this game if you want to play MP. $10 for Karkand + $10 for Online pass would mean you would have to buy it for $20 used just to get to same value as buying it this week from Amazon. Yes you are putting up $60 today but they are giving you $20 that I know everyone on here can spend eventually.

[quote name='Borellius']I'm trying to cancel my order from amazon after i saw the review, i just thought the SP was going to be better.[/QUOTE]

Which review was it and what put you off may I ask ? I honestly don't let reviewers make me decide if a game sucks or not unless all reviews are like the ones for big rigs

[quote name='Borellius']I'm trying to cancel my order from amazon after i saw the review, i just thought the SP was going to be better.[/QUOTE]

Lets face it...most military based FPS SP elements suck these days. COD may not have the best SP parts either but they do tell a pretty crazy story...I expect that the final chapter will be a fun ride also. I think the realism route that DICE and EA has taken works great for MP but the SP stories suffer. MOH SP was good (IMO) but it was almost too realistic for my tastes. I like the fact the MW series removes us from "real" events in the SP.

No offense but if you are buying this game based on the single player aspect of it you ARE buying the wrong game. The Battlefield and Call of Duty games have a single player game included to supplement the multiplayer game whereas most other games have a multiplayer "tacked on" to the single player game.

If a GREAT single player game had a crappy multiplayer mode to it, I'd still buy it without hesitation.

Save your money if you have second doubt. I just cancelled mine for Skyrim. :p

My trade-in credit won't make it in time to get the preorder credit. I guess they have lots of trade ins to process.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']No offense but if you are buying this game based on the single player aspect of it you ARE buying the wrong game. The Battlefield and Call of Duty games have a single player game included to supplement the multiplayer game whereas most other games have a multiplayer "tacked on" to the single player game.

If a GREAT single player game had a crappy multiplayer mode to it, I'd still buy it without hesitation.[/QUOTE]

True, but I, like other people that try to believe the hype thought it might be different. The trailers were pretty good and i thought it might have a better story, like MOH. I liked that one. Multiplayer was ok. I'm just going to wait for it to be sub-30.

bread's done
Back