Battlefield 3 (360/PS3/PC) Pre-order Bonuses and Deals Thread

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Battlefield 3 - Release Date 10/25/11

All pre-orders are Limited Edition that inlcudes the Back to Karkand expansion pack for free. The expansion includes four maps from Battlefield 2 re-imagined in the Frostbite 2 engine, as well as Battlefield 2 weapons, vehicles, and unique rewards.

iconamazon.gif
Amazon
$20 $10 Credit 360/PS3 Versions + Release Day Delivery
$50.99 PC Download & Boxed Version
Dog Tag Pack containing 10 dog tags for multiplayer.

iconbestbuy.gif
Best Buy
$10 off Battlefield 3 Strategy Guides
Get 40% extra trade-in credit with Battlefield 3 purchase (50% for GC Unlocked members)
PS3 160GB console + Battlefield 3 + Bluetooth Headset + 3-Month PSN Plus Subscription Card $309.96

Above deals good 10/23 - 10/29
SPECACT kit upgrade with 8 multiplayer skins (Code on receipt if checked out properly; emailed if RZ member)

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop
$10 gift card and double POWERUP reward points (PC download only)
Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo (3 timed exclusive weapons, to be free DLC for everyone at a later date - and 1 early unlock)
30% Trade Bonus (50% trade bonus coupon available on www.poweruprewards.com through Sunday Oct. 23)

kmart.gif
Kmart
B&M: (PS3, 360) Shop Your Way Rewards Members get a $20 Gaming Coupon + Save $20 on X12 Turtle Beach or Save $30 on Sony 7.1 Headset

:360: Microsoft Store
Online: Get $10 off your next purchase when you pre-order Battlefield 3 + free next day shipping
B&M: Place $10 towards your pre-order, receive an additional $5 off. If your store has a midnight launch, you MAY qualify for an extra $25 gift card for attending (call store for more details).

newegg.gif
Newegg
$47.99 PC boxed version

:pc: Origin
(PC only) Physical Warfare Pack containing DAO-12 Shotgun, Flash Suppressor. Type 88 LMG, Flachette Ammo. Battlefield Play4Free Items: 870 Combat Shotgun, Beret

:pc:Digital Game Sales [Origin] Battlefield 3 SE: $31.99 - Battlefield 3 LE: $41.99

Link for both.

LE still includes Back to Karkand. No pre-order deals included.

Euro and RUS versions activate on Origin with no conflict as well. However, when you're playing the RUS BF3, it will say Battlefield 3 LE Russian instead of just Battlefield 3 LE, or something like that. The Euro release doesn't say anything in particular.

UPC Info
:ps3: non-LE: 014633197280 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:ps3: LE: 014633195927
:360: non-LE: 014633197372 from buy.com needs physical/visual confirmation
:360: LE: 014633195934

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']Classic, WV! I guess two codes is better than none, even if neither is the one you were trying to get.

Hey, is there a way to just verify what's actually on a DLC code on the PS3 without redeeming it, like you can on the Xbox, or will it be auto-applied?[/QUOTE]

I think it auto applies.

[quote name='astr0boy']I think it auto applies.[/QUOTE]

No it tells you what it is then you have the option to DL

[quote name='Owen']Keep your Slick Deal scams to yourself and don't post them here. Use the EA Support to get the item you were supposed to, not to make a profit on Ebay unless you plan to give those codes out in the Xbox Code Giving thread for free.[/QUOTE]

Seriously bro?

I didn't scam and I didn't sell on eBay!

I wanted the SPECACT code that I preordered for. Not my fault they gave me the wrong code twice!

I kept the physical warfare code and will trade the other code in the GameShare thread for PS3.

Sorry you didn't catch a "Slick Dealer" today Owen!

Yeah, cool your jets, br-Owen! He never mentioned actively even trying to get two codes, nor selling them on eBay, he was simply trying to get the DLC he was promised!

[quote name='WV Matsui']Seriously bro?

I didn't scam and I didn't sell on eBay!

I wanted the SPECACT code that I preordered for. Not my fault they gave me the wrong code twice!

I kept the physical warfare code and will trade the other code in the GameShare thread for PS3.

Sorry you didn't catch a "Slick Dealer" today Owen![/QUOTE]

You said you already got the SPECACT when you posted at 03:52 PM so why are you contacting support again after you already recieved the code you were missing?

When I went to redeem my code I copied it wrong and missed the first letter in the code!

QCM-FKNR-94G5

So I couldn't redeem it! So I used my CS # and contacted them back. That is when I got the online pass code. Tried to redeem it and noticed it was the online pass. So back I went again to CS with my #. This time I got the physical warfare pack so I just said screw it and redeemed it!

Does this work for you now Owen?

[quote name='XF Gator']What is this gayness of having an Online Pass?[/QUOTE]

EA's way of scamming people out of 800 XBL points $ if they have multiple gamertags in the house. Also rewards them when people buy used where they'd normally miss out on a sale.

I tried the online chat, to scam them out of a Spectacular code and it was a 35 minute wait. I was online anyway but missed the popup of Peggy....

Have any of you other CAGs (PS3 or 360) also not received their code? I've been getting the runaround from customer service and there are some increasingly large threads on the BB discussion forums from people who aren't getting the codes. What a debacle. Some people got them printed on receipts, some people got the emails, and some of us got nothing whatsoever despite preordering...wtf?

I didn't receive my code from Best Buy. They insisted it would be email no matter what I told them. I will call customer service during lunch today. This is the second time in a week this has happened...I had a problem with my Batman game last week for the free movie code. At least from what I played last night, Battlefield 3 is amazing. So that makes the situation a little better, heh.

Launch Day FAIL; BF3 MP on XBL was down all night last night...WTF was EA up to?

Not the best way to start it off.

[quote name='mightymek']I didn't receive my code from Best Buy. They insisted it would be email no matter what I told them. I will call customer service during lunch today. This is the second time in a week this has happened...I had a problem with my Batman game last week for the free movie code. At least from what I played last night, Battlefield 3 is amazing. So that makes the situation a little better, heh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I'm calling this morning as well, they told me to call back in 24 hours if I didn't receive the email code. Well, here we are, and no code. WTF? I mean, I preordered from BB because I liked their bonus the best...really reminds me why I'm a CAG and just avoid release day prices and, apparently, snafus as well. Ugh.

[quote name='H3YN0W']Launch Day FAIL; BF3 MP on XBL was down all night last night...WTF was EA up to?

Not the best way to start it off.[/QUOTE]

It was fine on PSN last night...was there any official announcement from EA/DICE? The PSN servers seemed somewhat laggy last night, though it could've just been release day overload.

Hopefully though they were fixing the VOIP issues, which are plaguing the PS3 version. I love not being able to hear people consistently or clearly. Not sure how that got past the beta.

Update: Call Best Buy's customer support (1888BestBuy) and they will give you the code over the phone. I also received the email once the customer service tech activated it as well. So give them a shot! Hope this helps. :)

[quote name='WV Matsui']No it tells you what it is then you have the option to DL
random.gif

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying this :)

[quote name='Double-J']Have any of you other CAGs (PS3 or 360) also not received their code? I've been getting the runaround from customer service and there are some increasingly large threads on the BB discussion forums from people who aren't getting the codes. What a debacle. Some people got them printed on receipts, some people got the emails, and some of us got nothing whatsoever despite preordering...wtf?[/QUOTE]

If you ordered online you got the code emailed, if you preordered in store you had to have it print on the receipt. If you got I printed on the receipt then they should have sent you an email with that same code that was on the receipt.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']If you ordered online you got the code emailed, if you preordered in store you had to have it print on the receipt. If you got I printed on the receipt then they should have sent you an email with that same code that was on the receipt.[/QUOTE]

Right, that's how it was supposed to work, but trust me...there was nothing on my receipt. I called my local store, they said it was supposed to be emailed. I called Best Buy's 1-800 number, they said to call the store because it was supposed to be on the receipt. I called the store again, they said to call Sony. :roll:

Long story short, a lot of people had this issue, so I'm glad there seems to be a solution now, but this is BB's second major snafu in a few months after the GoW3 preorder issues as well.

Last night was fun.
After explaining the situation and printing out directions for the cashier, I was able to get my SPECACT DLC Code.
Apparently, I was the first preorder person for which they did this...:shock:
At one point, I was telling the manager that the cashier at the gaming kiosk called over, about the F10 key. She told me there was no F10 key on the register. I was half angry, half laughing since I could see the GD key right there in front of me. In any case, the BB at Brandermill in Richmond, VA gave out one DLC code all day yesterday. :roll:
After this 5/$100 promo, I'm out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='astr0boy']I think it auto applies.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. It does not auto apply on PS3. I checked mine yesterday, and you have to continue to apply it.

[quote name='Vader582']Last night was fun.
After explaining the situation and printing out directions for the cashier, I was able to get my SPECACT DLC Code.
Apparently, I was the first preorder person for which they did this...:shock:
At one point, I was telling the manager that the cashier at the gaming kiosk called over, about the F10 key. She told me there was no F10 key on the register. I was half angry, half laughing since I could see the GD key right there in front of me. In any case, the BB at Brandermill in Richmond, VA gave out one DLC code all day yesterday. :roll:
After this 5/$100 promo, I'm out.[/QUOTE]

Don't you love doing other people's jobs for them? :hot:

[quote name='H3YN0W']Launch Day FAIL; BF3 MP on XBL was down all night last night...WTF was EA up to?

Not the best way to start it off.[/QUOTE]
Lol, get crushed. PC servers were fantastic for the five hours I played.

I finally got my SPECTAT preorder code from EA customer service. The first time they gave me the Online Pass (WTF?) so I had to call them all over again in order to get the right one. They also gave me a 15% off the Origin store each time I contacted them.

Anyone want to trade the extra Online Pass and Amazon Dog Tag pack and 15% off Origin Store codes I accidentally received?

Has anyone actually got a code for SPECACT on PC? I get the feeling I was right that BB lied to customers on their PC page and it doesn't exist.

Didn't get my code on my receipt at Best Buy, despite my attempts at helping them (with both F10 and giving them the SKU), so I called EA Phone Support. Got the code within minutes.

Stupid Best Buy.

Where is this code supposed to be on the receipt? This is my first and last time pre ordering from best buy. I even told the woman at the register that theres supposed to be a code on the receipt and she said it would be emailed. still no email.

This same thing happened to me when I ordered dragon age 2 from amazon.

I really don't have the time to sit around and wait via chat or phone on this.

Went to BB and talked to a game representative. Guy was aware of the mess up and said that they finally figured it out what went wrong that morning. He and I got a customer service rep to do the whole F10 thing. Took a while since the guys at midnight launch placed my deposit on a giftcard or something and that messed up the way things totalled.

Took about 15 minutes total.

PS3 SPECACT SKU: 3823165
PC SPECACT SKU: 3994045

I have redeemed both codes and they are SPECACT. Codes will be printed right after the transaction totals and I did get an email with the codes but only after the transaction.

It was a pain but I suppose it's better than having to wait for hours to phone or chat with customer support.

The dog tag code I got from Amazon said it was already redeemed. I don't really care that much but I sent a email to customer service and they said they'd have to contact their promotion department and to wait 2-3 days.

I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't come through but did anyone else get a bunk code from amazon?

[quote name='Darkfire']The dog tag code I got from Amazon said it was already redeemed. I don't really care that much but I sent a email to customer service and they said they'd have to contact their promotion department and to wait 2-3 days.

I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't come through but did anyone else get a bunk code from amazon?[/QUOTE]

Hope not. If so I'll have a pissed off ebayer.

[quote name='Darkfire']The dog tag code I got from Amazon said it was already redeemed. I don't really care that much but I sent a email to customer service and they said they'd have to contact their promotion department and to wait 2-3 days.

I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't come through but did anyone else get a bunk code from amazon?[/QUOTE]

That's why I redeemed mine as soon as I got it instead of selling it and run the risk of EA CS accidentally giving it to someone else

And it looks like BBY is trying to sort of the mess with this because I got an email saying all I have to do is come with all the receipts and they'll give me my BF3 SPECACT Kit DLC

win win for me

[quote name='triggap']PC SPECACT SKU: 3994045

I have redeemed both codes and they are SPECACT. Codes will be printed right after the transaction totals and I did get an email with the codes but only after the transaction.

It was a pain but I suppose it's better than having to wait for hours to phone or chat with customer support.[/QUOTE]
OK, so PC codes are printing now then. Thanks for the confirmation, I'll have to stop by after work and see if I can't get mine finally. Wonder WTF was wrong before. . .

I had the same issue with mine as well..

I finally got my dog tag code today, after contacting CS. It did take a couple days to get it from them, but I verified it did work.

[quote name='elvis731']I finally got my dog tag code today, after contacting CS. It did take a couple days to get it from them, but I verified it did work.[/QUOTE]

Still no peep from Amazon here but I'll give it a couple more days.

[quote name='Flip_Escobar']I had the same issue with mine as well..[/QUOTE]

My amazon code worked and on the Best Buy PC Download version, the spec act kit code was on there as well.

So I just picked up BF3 LE from Best Buy after release and used my $10 Rewards Credit. Was the SpecACT Kit just for pre-orders? I did use my reward zone card as well.

[quote name='SiMMENS']So I just picked up BF3 LE from Best Buy after release and used my $10 Rewards Credit. Was the SpecACT Kit just for pre-orders? I did use my reward zone card as well.[/QUOTE]

Yes it was only for pre orders

Can anyone explain how the Digital Game Sales version works? Why is it so cheap compared to everywhere else? Is it something to not buy if we're in the US?

[quote name='RedWulf12']Can anyone explain how the Digital Game Sales version works? Why is it so cheap compared to everywhere else? Is it something to not buy if we're in the US?[/QUOTE]

More than likely a Russian key. That being said it probably will work fine but its a grey shady area.

[quote name='pROvIs']More than likely a Russian key. That being said it probably will work fine but its a grey shady area.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, that sounds kind of shady, but the price is so good!

[quote name='SiMMENS']So I just picked up BF3 LE from Best Buy after release and used my $10 Rewards Credit. Was the SpecACT Kit just for pre-orders? I did use my reward zone card as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Yes it was only for pre orders[/QUOTE]
Actually no, it does work with straight up purchases, too. The cashier must total it with suggested sale or F10. The codes are all properly printing now and I was finally able to get my code for PC. Thanks again for the heads up.

[quote name='RedWulf12']Hmmm, that sounds kind of shady, but the price is so good![/QUOTE]

It actually says its a Russian key on the website and it comes with a "Language Changer" so they don't speak in Russian. You might have to do some manual editing of configs and registry to get it to work in english.

[quote name='pROvIs']It actually says its a Russian key on the website and it comes with a "Language Changer" so they don't speak in Russian. You might have to do some manual editing of configs and registry to get it to work in english.[/QUOTE]

All i'd care about is if I can get it in english and onto the Origin servers

[quote name='RedWulf12']All i'd care about is if I can get it in english and onto the Origin servers[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried this? I've played multi-language games before and sometimes when choosing English everything is fine and other times you just get English subtitles and only certain things switch over?

Can anyone confirm getting this deal and installing the English language pack is the same as getting the game normally?

In the past sales it seems that most of the Russian codes are fine.

Once in a while you will hear a story of people being banned from steam because of illegal or stolen codes (of course they say they bought these Russian codes).

This info comes from SD. so choose to believe it or not. I personally have never bought one.

[quote name='Masterpitviper']Just got my code from EA Chat after an hour and a half wait (This was my forth try, got nothing other 3 times and wasted like 6 hours trying)[/QUOTE]
Where can I find this EA Chat?

I'm getting a headache from talking with Best Buy employees who have no idea what I'm talking about.

just letting you guys know about the russian key thing. i ended up going through another site after searching info on this one. some people were talking about it in another forum i found after googling "russian key bf3 origin" or something. http://www.direct2play.com/ it is sketchy looking. i got the game for $28 after using a 10% off coupon. i figured what the hell. they take paypal, so i figured i could always just file a complaint if things don't work. anywho. it took about an hour, but i got an email with a photo of the cd-key...i know right...skeeetttcchhyyyy...BUT it worked. i'm downloading BF3 right now. It says Russian, but i already knew it was going to say that. they have decent instructions on applying a language "patch". seem like nice people. they have a good facebook page. their english isn't so hot though.

if this works out in the long run i may buy the last COD game since it's like $20.

bread's done
Back