Battlefield 3 for PC 5 dollars on Friday only

[quote name='Shimrra']Curious there is talk about the issue that its a 3 game bundle only and if you have one of them the deal is doa.[/QUOTE]
Yup, I've been reading about the problem and a way to do the deal is just make a new Origin account to buy the deal.

[quote name='redmangoose']Is Premium for BF3 worth it? If so, how often does it go on sale and for how much?[/QUOTE]
It's only worth it if you think 20 more maps, some new modes, and a bunch of new weapons unlocks is worth it to you. Being so late in the game with BF4 releasing probably this Fall, I would just stay with the base BF3 game. There are still many people still playing the base maps/modes, so you shouldn't have an issue with finding servers to play on.

If you do want to get the premium DLC pack, it's often on sale at Greenmangaming every couple months for $20 - $30.

[quote name='usagi']It's only worth it if you think 20 more maps, some new modes, and a bunch of new weapons unlocks is worth it to you. Being so late in the game with BF4 releasing probably this Fall, I would just stay with the base BF3 game. There are still many people still playing the base maps/modes, so you shouldn't have an issue with finding servers to play on.

If you do want to get the premium DLC pack, it's often on sale at Greenmangaming every couple months for $20 - $30.[/QUOTE]

Okay I guess I'll just go with vanilla then. Even at 20-30 that's still pricey considering the game has been out for 1.5 years...freakin EA..

I'm usually not too big on multiplayer anyway. I played BFBC2 for the campaign and that was it. Although I might try to be more active/competitive this time around. It's just the fact that the DLC exclusive weapons kinda discourage me from doing it. I'm not the best FPS player and the fact that the weapons are basically purchasable legal cheat codes in a sense make me not want to join.

EDIT: Oh, I was wondering, could I get BF3 at GMG or GF for less than 10? I'd prefer not buying from Origin, even though 5 bucks a quite a steal..

I got that $10 bundle, I guess I'm an Origin user now, fought as long as I could but I guess it is good to just get it over with :( Now to decide if I want to get this for my wife's account. BF3 didn't go over well on the PS3s (she likes MW3 but sometimes she doesn't understand what she'll like haha), the BF3 coop is probably not worth it, MoH is probably dead, and I hate to have duplicate waste, NFS. I'll probably just skip, I would grab another BF3 for $5 but not available for me oh well.

Anyways, this was awesomeness and I have a 3 day weekend coming up- thank you! Now I have to decide between Path of Exlie, Spec Ops and BF3- all new for me!

When I launch Origin, the only things that appear in the window where the deal should be are an advertisement for BF Heroes and for the SimCity Nissan Leaf add-on. Anyone else having that issue?

[quote name='ochentay4']Are these are Origin Keys? If so, I can buy MOH and HP for $7. Let me know![/QUOTE]
The last time I bought games from Origin they were added directly to my account, so I couldn't give the keys away. I'm not sure if it applies to all games now. As reference one the games was MOH.

I already have NFS, so I can't get this either - Has anyone tried creating a new Origin and then copying the key to their true Origin account for use? I would like to do that, but put MOH & BF3 on my main Origin Account.

[quote name='Duetschbag']When I launch Origin, the only things that appear in the window where the deal should be are an advertisement for BF Heroes and for the SimCity Nissan Leaf add-on. Anyone else having that issue?[/QUOTE]

Try clicking on origin up top then launch feature or something like that

[quote name='Terran1212']Try clicking on origin up top then launch feature or something like that[/QUOTE]

I did that. My guess is because I have MOH already, it probably won't show the deal for me. Didn't bother creating a new account because I don't need them that bad. :p

Origin should take a hint from other companies and supply keys instead of adding them directly to your library (as sounds like the case with this promotion). People want this promotion but can't seem to get it. If they handed out keys, they make money and users get to gift a copy to a friend. Seems like a win win win to me.

[quote name='grae60']The mystery deal is legit in the US though, if you click on Origin and then "launch featured today" from inside the program.

You get Need for Speed, MOH, and BF 3 for 10 bones.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/1cir5p/origin_mystery_deal_medal_of_honor_battlefield_3/[/QUOTE]

Either this is dead or you only get once shot at buying this. I saw this pop up earlier while I was doing something else and closed the window, but there doesn't appear to be any way to get it back. :(

[quote name='redmangoose']Is Premium for BF3 worth it? If so, how often does it go on sale and for how much?[/QUOTE]

Predominance of people still playing original maps, which are fantastic. No need to go premium from the start.

If you get into those maps and want some variety, Premium is totally worth it- especially if you see yourself playing another 40 hours at least. The new maps are great. Sadly one map pack has very few ongoing players: Close Quarters.

Of course, I have some 300 hours into the game on 360, and I'm a big fan.

I'd be happy to help people get BF3 for $5US, but I don't know any way of doing so that wouldn't require people to tell me their Origin ID/password. :shock:

[quote name='Detruire']I'd be happy to help people get BF3 for $5US, but I don't know any way of doing so that wouldn't require people to tell me their Origin ID/password. :shock:[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to take you up on the offer. It's a shame Origin doesn't have the option to gift a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vedichymn']Either this is dead or you only get once shot at buying this. I saw this pop up earlier while I was doing something else and closed the window, but there doesn't appear to be any way to get it back. :([/QUOTE]

Sorry have to ask, did try to claim it? If so, did you check your cart? Similar situation happened to me and it showed up in my cart after a bit.

[quote name='Needles-Kane']Sorry have to ask, did try to claim it? If so, did you check your cart? Similar situation happened to me and it showed up in my cart after a bit.[/QUOTE]

I went back to look and they were in my cart, but normal price

bread's done
Back