Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

Crazy. My friend told me when he went to a tech convention, that they had a full body suit someone was working on to simulate the pressures you feel in car for driving games.

Cannot wait! This is the first game I have ever taken a day off from work to get. Looking forward to the midnight release next Monday. I'm also picking up House of the Dead Overkill (PS3) that night too, not sure which one I'll play first...

EDIT: now that we're only a few long-ass days away from the release, should we start to organize the clan? What days out of the top-votes would people prefer? Personally, being East Coast, I'd rather start playing at 9PM EST Sunday-Thursday. 10PM EST is fine for Friday and Saturday...

Maybe do a Thursday/Sunday thing? That would be a good idea. I actually have next week off of work, but I'm losing my wisdom teeth on Thursday :(. Hopefully my internet will be working at home by Tuesday

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been this excited about a game in awhile!! Cant wait! I actually liked the beta alot! Will be picking mine up Monday night! Yay.

I'll probably be playing a lot of this game Sunday-Thursday(Tues/Thurs I have class unitl 9 so I will be on after I get home) I can make it between 9p-10p EST. Weekends will be hit or miss but I should be playing just about every night with this game. Especially after seeing that mp trailer with the boats, and starting the map off with a nice free fall to battle.

Super excited for this game. Added my info to the spreadsheet. I'll be on most nights Sunday-Thursday starting around 8-9pm CST most likely. For Friday/Saturday it kinda depends.

[quote name='RELISCH']I pre-ordered at GS a long time ago. Can't wait. So, how may I join the CAG clan??[/QUOTE]

Check out the first post ;)

Added my info to the clan sheet. Sunday afternoon(say in the 2-5 window)would work for me also. But there are so many sports.going on I figure thats not very popular so I didn't x it. If it is count me in for that as well.

I know a good deal of the RFG folks including me are getting BF3. I know some of us will be at least playing Wednesdays at 7PM/10PM Pacific/Eastern and whenever on any other days of the week.

Can't wait. I'm cursing myself for sticking with the Newegg preorder, which means I won't have it by tomorrow. I wish Amazon didn't charge tax to my state, or I'll be all over that deal.

Reviews for the PC version of BF3 are pretty damn good: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-3

Hopefully the console versions aren't too shabby by comparison.

ugh, I have Prime but didn't haven't ordered yet. I'm just going to pay the taxes and pay the full price at Toy-r-us. They're giving a $10g/c which I'll use when I purchase COD MW3 the following week. Games are $$$! =O

[quote name='Average Gamer']ugh, I have Prime but didn't haven't ordered yet. I'm just going to pay the taxes and pay the full price at Toy-r-us. They're giving a $10g/c which I'll use when I purchase COD MW3 the following week. Games are $$$! =O[/QUOTE]

If you live close to a Kmart, they are offering $20 when purchasing Battlefiled 3

[quote name='firex1']Can't wait. I'm cursing myself for sticking with the Newegg preorder, which means I won't have it by tomorrow. I wish Amazon didn't charge tax to my state, or I'll be all over that deal.

Reviews for the PC version of BF3 are pretty damn good: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/battlefield-3

Hopefully the console versions aren't too shabby by comparison.[/QUOTE]
I don't think we have much to worry about as PS3 gamers. If EA wasn't stiffing Steam, I probably would've bought the PC version. But I'm sure I'll be very happy with this on the PS3. I'd be getting it at midnight if it wasn't for classes tomorrow morning.

Patch is 221MB, getting ready to do the mandatory install. Dripping with excitement :D

EDIT: 2GB install took about 4 minutes...not bad :D

75fvmu

[quote name='Romis']@syngamer. Did you have a preorder ? If yes was it I. The case ? Or what[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had it pre-ordered. It was in a box with countless other copies. Brand new, shrink-wrapped :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Yes, I had it pre-ordered. It was in a box with countless other copies. Brand new, shrink-wrapped :)[/QUOTE]

I think he meant did you preorder for speact bestbuy or gamestop physical pack? If you did the best buy, then was the preorder bonus inside the box or did you receive the code in an email. In the other forums, people have been complaining that they got emailed the wrong code (dogtags) from bestbuy.

[quote name='enufs8d']I think he meant did you preorder for speact bestbuy or gamestop physical pack? If you did the best buy, then was the preorder bonus inside the box or did you receive the code in an email. In the other forums, people have been complaining that they got emailed the wrong code (dogtags) from bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

If you preordered from Best Buy and your gaming team knew the new process, your preorder bonus code should of printed out on your reciept, as well as being emailed to you. Exception to this would be the PC version, which I did not see print out on the reciept and am waiting confirmation from some employees who picked it up at midnight as to how it was delivered.

So as expected, your squadmates are extremely important :p Lost like 6 or 7 games straight. That said, I did fairly well at defending the objectives, but my teammates felt that constantly rushing in and dying was a better strategy...

[quote name='SynGamer']So as expected, your squadmates are extremely important :p Lost like 6 or 7 games straight. That said, I did fairly well at defending the objectives, but my teammates felt that constantly rushing in and dying was a better strategy...[/QUOTE]

This is why when we have CAG nights and work as a team it will be a ton of fun winning most of the time.

so how is the lag in the retail version compared to the beta? i really dont wanna see hit markers on my enemy, then get killed showing he still has 100% health.

[quote name='8bitArtist']so how is the lag in the retail version compared to the beta? i really dont wanna see hit markers on my enemy, then get killed showing he still has 100% health.[/QUOTE]

I've noticed a few instances where I thought I got at least 1 or 2 shots on a guy and it shows 100% health, but then I think back and remember seeing a teammate or two nearby who could have easily dropped health packs.

Muahaha. Picked up my Kmart copy with the Sony headset, will be returning my Best Buy LE unless somebody wants to pay $66 + shipping for it. SPECACT DLC is just teasing me being so far away but I'll have it by tonight.

[quote name='SynGamer']So as expected, your squadmates are extremely important :p Lost like 6 or 7 games straight. That said, I did fairly well at defending the objectives, but my teammates felt that constantly rushing in and dying was a better strategy...[/QUOTE]

I love that strategy when the other team uses it. Reminds me of a BC2 game where i had the games most kills and i was a sniper. And I am not a good sniper.

Not sure how its possible, but I had a team deathmatch end at 100 to 100. I guess the last two guys killed each other simultaneously. It said my team lost, but then I got the TDM win ribbon on the next screen. LOL got the score pic to prove it

If you did not receive your SPECACT Code from Best Buy, use the link below to contact EA CS. I did and got my code no problem!

https://customersupport.ea.com/loginapp/login.do?locale=en_US&loginrequired=true&passive=t rue&skin=sfdc-ea&surl=https%3A%2F%2Fhelp.ea.com%2Flogin%3FretUrl %3D%2Fconnect-with-us

Jose:
Thank you for contacting Origin Help. My name is Jose. How may I assist you today?
you:
Hi Jose I am having problems with my pre order of Battlefield 3
Jose:
Ok may I have the order number and your first and last name?
you:
I preordered from Best Buy and when I picked up my copy the DLC was not included with the game like was stated.
you:
I went back to the store and called their customer support and I was directed to contact EA directly
you:
which I am doing now
you:
any way you can help me please? I have been dealing with this all day! :(
Jose:
That's fine if I can get your first and last name and email address and I can definitely get that handled for you.
you:
Thank you
you:
MXXX XXXXX [email protected]
Jose:
XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
Jose:
That is a code for the SPECACT Kit
you:
Thank you Jose!
you:
I appreciate it!
Jose:
Thank you for contacting Origin and chatting with me. I do appreciate your time and have a great day!
you:
You too!

bread's done
Back