Battlefield 3 - FREE for PS+ Members starting July 2nd!

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Am I the only one having Battlelog problems? It says my e-mail or password is incorrect.[/QUOTE]

Have you activated your online pass yet? As soon as I entered that I was able to log into Battlelog.

[quote name='SynGamer']Have you activated your online pass yet? As soon as I entered that I was able to log into Battlelog.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and i've played multiplayer. I keep trying but still nothing.

I didn't see another BF3 thread so I just wanted to take a moment and state my aggrevations with this game: it's frozen up my PS3 about 4 times now, for some reason they didn't include BF1943 like they said they would, and I've died about 50 times already in SP due to some really cheap shit (I don't think I will ever shoot the damn car without turn the sensitivity up really friggin high)

Between this game, Infamous FoB lasting about an hour, and Chrono Trigger still having long loads despite going DD I am having a craptacular week of gaming during what is supposed to be the best time of the year for it.

[quote name='SynGamer']I agree, though I'm still getting use to this style of knifing versus COD.[/QUOTE]

It just seems way different than BFBC2. I have a clear knifing opportunity ... I press melee and the solider throws out a weak swipe and doesnt appear to do any damage. Then Im spamming away on the melee button trying to knife his ass lol .. I dont know just doesnt seem as smooth as I thought it would be.

Still fun as hell taking tags though

IMHO - I think the way the game has the '3D like effects' distracts from the game, it looks unfinished by the 'Blur' of light, and the way it transitions with the 'interference-Like' effect also makes the game look terrible
It reminds me of the 'Blood' wash over your eyes in a unnamed competitor's #2 game...ugh

They really have gotten more feed back on aircraft handling, flying heli's is a nightmare, they need a level called "Flight School" The should have worked in a system of training to get your 'pilot's license'

They had great controls for the UAV in BF2 so simple yet so great, why not just use them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing since 1942, so I for sure got BF3 on launch day. Added my info the Google Doc and requested to join the platoon.

[quote name='cheap from birth']It just seems way different than BFBC2. I have a clear knifing opportunity ... I press melee and the solider throws out a weak swipe and doesnt appear to do any damage. Then Im spamming away on the melee button trying to knife his ass lol .. I dont know just doesnt seem as smooth as I thought it would be.

Still fun as hell taking tags though[/QUOTE]

Been wondering this ever since I got the game, how do you take tags? Also how is the clan night going to work out today?

[quote name='harleymandvdson']Been wondering this ever since I got the game, how do you take tags? Also how is the clan night going to work out today?[/QUOTE]

Knife kill = Dog Tag

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think when you knife someone with silent takedown motion, you automatically get their tags. Most people don't have the cool tags put on their soldier yet though, besides the amazon pre-orderers.

Dumb stuff as in having 2+ people on the team whining over getting camp killed by a tank, yet refusing to switch to Engineer or Support class to try to do anything about it.

Or having 3+ people standing near an armed MCOM on defense, and me being the only one attempting to defuse it.

I can understand people trying to learn the game, but i just dont understand how in the heck you can lose a Rush match on defense without getting a single defuse in.

Say again...but in English this time...:razz: If I played this, I'd only wanna grab the vehicles n massacre people that way.:lol: I suck at being a foot soldier in shooting games.:cry:

I think many players care more about their own stats, rather than winning each match. Fair enough I guess, but it really takes away from the experience.

[quote name='usfjonathan']I think many players care more about their own stats, rather than winning each match. Fair enough I guess, but it really takes away from the experience.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Though I've found that if playing in a full squad with people who have mics and know what they are doing and communicate...it's much, MUCH more fun :)

A local CAG I game with: HARLEY 05 / harley-tj (CAG ID/PSN) would like to be included in the Platoon

He's having a difficult time accessing the website here, asked me to post this

[quote name='usfjonathan']I think many players care more about their own stats, rather than winning each match. Fair enough I guess, but it really takes away from the experience.[/QUOTE]
That's like the one guy I used to play GTA IV/RDR mp with. He was always going on n on about his KDR n whatever. Whatever happened to people playing games just to have FUN? To me, if you're more worried that your stats are gonna drop, then they really need to make seperate servers for folks like that(and the people who play 24/7 n can pick ya off without even using a sniper rifle) so they can go compare notes with each other.;)

SgtWiggles - didnt see your application. but i sent an origin friend request to you. if you accept, then ill send application. its stupid that i can only send platoon apps to friends. did the same for harley tj.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']anyone want to play co-op missions?[/QUOTE]

I'll do some co-op with you. If anyone else wants to play some BF3 multiplayer then add me, i'll be on tonight (& I have a mic). PSN ID: harleymandvdson.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Say again...but in English this time...:razz: If I played this, I'd only wanna grab the vehicles n massacre people that way.:lol: I suck at being a foot soldier in shooting games.:cry:[/QUOTE]

IATCG - c'mon just start playing. you really don't need to kill a lot of people to score high. im consisting having 10/20 less kills than the top kdr guy. but im usually top5. in battlefield, theres games within gmaes. for example, youre gunning it out with another tank or dogfighting with another jet. if you can't kill people consistently, then you can help your team out in other ways. for example, if you see someone else, then hit select. they will be highlighted with an orange mark over their head for your entire team to see. if that person dies, you get a nice bonus xp reward. Pilot some vehicles or take out enemy vehicles with rpgs. so if you rack up all these little things that don't involve killing, then you rack up the xp points.

dgwillia006 was complaining about rush mode, where each team seeks to either blow up or defend 2 bomb sites. his "teammates" wouldn't budge to disarm the bomb when they're next to it (for whatever reason.. stupidity?).

I applied and put my info on the spreadsheet. I'm looking to play with people who understand the game and utilize teamwork. I love the game but I'm tired of playing with noobs who only care about their K/D ratio and run away from the objectives.

[quote name='dgwillia006']It says im in the platoon. Though, wonder why the clan tag isnt showing up ingame yet?[/QUOTE]
Set your clan tag in your battlelog profile.

Saw machindo, Syn and Snake snuck into the little CAG session we had. Felt great to hit the field again with my MW2 buddies. My only annoyance was we got split from Toxic for a while. I'm thinking we may have to squad up in game a bit better but overall not bad. Operation Metro on Conquest is so wrong it's right and I think we did a good job of all the times we played on it not to get screwed over and did most of the spawn camping.

Lol, that Jet Tutorial helped me a bit. I managed to fly around without wobbling like a madman and keeping my finger over the eject button.

Still cant aim for crap though

Anyone else experiencing weapon switch glitch? It never happened before, and the past two days I've been experiencing this glitch (and sometimes die due to it).

I randomly switch to a different weapon/gadget and sometimes toss out random grenades.

[quote name='dejeckt']Anyone else experiencing weapon switch glitch? It never happened before, and the past two days I've been experiencing this glitch (and sometimes die due to it).

I randomly switch to a different weapon/gadget and sometimes toss out random grenades.[/QUOTE]
Actually I noticed that in single player a couple of times. I'd go to switch weapons and end up chucking a grenade.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually I noticed that in single player a couple of times. I'd go to switch weapons and end up chucking a grenade.[/QUOTE]

This somewhat confirms that its a legitimate glitch, and not a problem on my end. I first thought it was the controller, switched to a different one and still have the problem. Its especially more apparent when I'm switching from prone/crouch/standing position.

...I haven't even started the single player yet ^^

I finally got by the one mission where you're targeting enemies from a moving jet. The very end of that mission kept glitching for me. I had to restart the whole frickin' mission 2-3x before it finally registered the kills of the final batch of enemies on the ground.

So there definitely are some glitches with this game, which is why they had that 221mb update day one I suppose.:razz:

[quote name='Mad39er']Saw machindo, Syn and Snake snuck into the little CAG session we had. Felt great to hit the field again with my MW2 buddies. My only annoyance was we got split from Toxic for a while. I'm thinking we may have to squad up in game a bit better but overall not bad. Operation Metro on Conquest is so wrong it's right and I think we did a good job of all the times we played on it not to get screwed over and did most of the spawn camping.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't move without getting shot but I did get you right before the game ended!

Just a reminder, Co-op Missions earn you points towards unlocking a bunch of guns. The last co-op Mission is worth 12k points and it's pretty fun. The helicopter mission sucked balls until I figured out how to fly the chopper with Hito and me screaming like little girls every time we crashed and all my crashes that we somehow survived.

@mad39er, had no idea co-op offered points nor that many (gonna give it a try)

gg automatic-pillow and shutupsitdown; too bad we couldn't win both sets ^^

[quote name='dejeckt']@mad39er, had no idea co-op offered points nor that many (gonna give it a try)

gg automatic-pillow and shutupsitdown; too bad we couldn't win both sets ^^[/QUOTE]

my stats are terrible compared to you. send me a pm if you want to play co-op.

BF 1943 was a downloadable game and it had a mode to practice vehicles, so why does this rushed pos not. The graphics in this game aren't better than R2 and nowhere near as good as KZ2. I shot a rocket into a wall in mp the other day and it just made a burn mark in the wall, later i shot a stationary jeep with a guy in it with 2 rockets and he shot me on the mounted gun while the jeep was on fire. I can't believe the game was rushed, couldn't they have worked another month and released a finished product. Liking it a little had a 1.7 kd and won most games but the last 2 days had a lot of glitches and freezes and now my kd is 1.5.
I wouldn't complain too much but this was supposed to have cutting edge graphics and full destructibility and it definately doesn't.

[quote name='dgwillia006']
On a side note, how exactly is it that people are destroying vehicles with 1 C4? I throw 3 on a tank and its still flaming

I have the worse luck. First my release day shipping comes a week late. Then as soon as I boot up for my first match the music qued, the screen went blue and it said 'you lose' :lol:

edit:

On top of that the Uncharted 3 beta has ruined my gameplay mechanics. I tried melee attacking several times with the square button.

bread's done
Back