Battlefield 3 Limited Edition Pre-order (PS3, Xbox 360, or PC) $48 Shipped

Hm, I already ordered it at $50 when they last ran a discount. Wonder if they'll take the $2 off my existing preorder. It gives me hope that they'll run more promos for Uncharted 3 and Rage, which I missed last time.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so how is the shipping time with Newegg??[/QUOTE]
I usually get stuff from them in 2 days (I'm in CT)

[quote name='l33t_p3t3']Best price I've seen on BF3, and if Amazon adds a preorder bonus, I can easily cancel. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

They have, it's dogtags.

Preordered for Xbox. Hopefully it ends up taking less than 3 days to get here. I know newegg is based out of CA, but does anybody know where their warehouses are?

[quote name='Organ Donor']Preordered for Xbox. Hopefully it ends up taking less than 3 days to get here. I know newegg is based out of CA, but does anybody know where their warehouses are?[/QUOTE]

City of Industry.

sweet great deal. I went ahead and cancelled amazon to sign up on this deal. Nobody cares about some random dog tag freebie anyway.

[quote name='MillionBlades']when do they charge my pay pal account? now or when it ships????[/QUOTE]

i know when i pre-ordered mw3 from them, you couldnt use paypal. you had to use a credit card for pre-order's. so i didnt even try paypal this time, but they dont charge until it ships

This is a good deal but I want this game on the day it comes out, also I have credit with Amazon, Best Buy, and Game Stop.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Preordered for Xbox. Hopefully it ends up taking less than 3 days to get here. I know newegg is based out of CA, but does anybody know where their warehouses are?[/QUOTE]

They have one in NJ. Not sure about other ones.

In for 360. This is now the third game I pre-ordered from Newegg, Modern Warfare 3 and Gears of War 3 being the other two games.

$140.97 spent just like that. If I had a PS3, I'd officially be broke.

[quote name='ekaj']that's a terrible reason to buy the console version, it took the alpha ~15 seconds to load into game from the web client on a stock i5-2500k[/QUOTE]

The PC version requires Origin. That is reason enough for me to stick with the PS3 version. The browser required server list is just an added annoyance.

takes longer for your console to boot up than it does to go through origin but ok

origin hate train a go

Awesome deal! Was looking for exactly this kind of offer. Went ahead and ordered the 360 version. I'll squeeze in a couple of days of gameplay (hopefully I've beaten Batman: Arkham City by then) before Uncharted 3 comes out, lol.

Thanks for helping me out!

Should I buy the ps3 or xbox360 verison? Also this or MW3? after watching the multiplayer up to 32 players I think I'm going to buy battlefield 3

[quote name='scottc1s']Should I buy the ps3 or xbox360 verison? Also this or MW3? after watching the multiplayer up to 32 players I think I'm going to buy battlefield 3[/QUOTE]

According to EA's CEO the PS3 version is thought to be better then the 360 (I'll be getting both versions). I would personally go with the system you have more friends on that play Battlefield if your only getting one copy. Also don't get MW3 or else risk being a fanboy.

[quote name='scottc1s']Should I buy the ps3 or xbox360 verison? Also this or MW3? after watching the multiplayer up to 32 players I think I'm going to buy battlefield 3[/QUOTE]

Why not both? BF3 comes out 17 days before MW3. Should give you plenty of time to play BF3, sell it for a small loss if you don't like it, or cancel the MW3 pre-order if you do like it.

Am I the only person that can't get the 360 version to work with the coupon? It tells me my order doesn't meet the criteria.

Edit: I guess the one order limit is for all Battlefield 3 orders, not per platform. Lame.

Thanks OP, picked up a copy for 360. Now I can save my Amazon credit for one of the other dozen AAA games coming out in the next few months....

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']The PC version requires Origin. That is reason enough for me to stick with the PS3 version. The browser required server list is just an added annoyance.[/QUOTE]

Oh goody. Let's sacrifice 64 player multiplayer, better graphics, and the convenience of being able to load it right from the PC b/c the game requires Origin.

Your loss.

Too many people are butt-hurt over Origin. I suppose the PC community will be better off without these cry babies anyway.

too bad this doesn't include any BONUSES like some other retailers :( STILL CONTEMPLATING :/

Gamestop Battlefield 3 pre-order
GameStop’s pre-order includes the Physical Warfare pack, in addition to the Back To Karkand DLC. If you are part of their PowerUp Rewards, you’ll get a free Prima Battlefield 3 strategy guide as well.

Amazon Battlefield 3 pre-order
If you pre-order on Amazon, you’ll receive an exclusive set of dog tags for multiplayer. On top of that, the pre-order includes the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

Best Buy Battlefield 3 pre-order
Best Buy offers the same Limited Edition version with Back To Karkand, plus a set of new multiplayer skins — the SPECACT Kit. You’ll receive a code to unlock 8 new multiplayer skins when the game is released.

TOO MANY CHOICES & its $12 off brand new

Yeah to many choices but the Newegg version comes with the Back To Karkand Map right? And can Newegg deliver to your house the same day it comes out or not?

i'm torn...i got $8 credit on amazon goin towards my order....but this looks sweet...bf3 drivin me crazy!!!!

[quote name='wr3ck']No in game server browser for PC, so I think I would go for PS3 if I were you.[/QUOTE]

Really? That means more to you than losing the potential for vastly superior visuals and 64-player matches? I'd still go PC. I agree it's a dumb decision on the browser but but not THAT dumb.

[quote name='kyrhon']Oh goody. Let's sacrifice 64 player multiplayer, better graphics, and the convenience of being able to load it right from the PC b/c the game requires Origin.

Your loss.

Too many people are butt-hurt over Origin. I suppose the PC community will be better off without these cry babies anyway.[/QUOTE]

I've been a PC gamer since the days of Wolf 3D, but have recently moved on to PS3 gaming for one reason; I don't want to constantly upgrade my PC.

So in order to have your better multiplayer experience and 64 person matches to run SMOOTHLY, you will need a top end computer. Just wanted to point out that you may have a superior experience on the PC, but requires a large monetary investment.

Not to mention the hacking/modding that goes on in PC gaming which is very rare in console gaming. Remember people getting by punkbuster in BF2142? I do, and it was annoying as hell. Never had that happen in Bad Company 2 on PS3.

Not to start a PC vs console war, just wanted to discredit this PC superiority complex that alot of people have.

[quote name='toastmasta']I've been a PC gamer since the days of Wolf 3D, but have recently moved on to PS3 gaming for one reason; I don't want to constantly upgrade my PC.

So in order to have your better multiplayer experience and 64 person matches to run SMOOTHLY, you will need a top end computer. Just wanted to point out that you may have a superior experience on the PC, but requires a large monetary investment.

Not to mention the hacking/modding that goes on in PC gaming which is very rare in console gaming. Remember people getting by punkbuster in BF2142? I do, and it was annoying as hell. Never had that happen in Bad Company 2 on PS3.

Not to start a PC vs console war, just wanted to discredit this PC superiority complex that alot of people have.[/QUOTE]

You have a valid reason for not wanting to pick up the pc version. People crying about Origin do not, which is what the guy you quoted was replying to.

Believe me, I would go for the PC version if I had something capable of running it at high/max settings as it will blow the consoles away. BF3 is going to be very graphically intensive, so it will require a high end machine in order to play smoothly. Alot of people will have to tone down their graphics to low/medium in order to run it DECENTLY.

Lets just hope the view distance scale is not scaled way down on consoles; that was the nice thing about BF2 and BF2142 was being able to max out view distance.

Anyone heard anything about bot/offline support for this game?

[quote name='toastmasta']I've been a PC gamer since the days of Wolf 3D, but have recently moved on to PS3 gaming for one reason; I don't want to constantly upgrade my PC.

Not to start a PC vs console war, just wanted to discredit this PC superiority complex that alot of people have.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to the people that already DO have a very good PC and refuse to buy BF3 on PC b/c of Origin.

I know that it requires a large investment to run games on maxed out settings and wasn't trying to incite any "PC superiority" arguments here. Sorry if what I said made it seem that way.

It just gets cumbersome and annoying to hear people who already have good rigs complain about BF3 being only available on Origin.

[quote name='kyrhon']I was talking to the people that already DO have a very good PC and refuse to buy BF3 on PC b/c of Origin.

I know that it requires a large investment to run games on maxed out settings and wasn't trying to incite any "PC superiority" arguments here. Sorry if what I said made it seem that way.

It just gets cumbersome and annoying to hear people who already have good rigs complain about BF3 being only available on Origin.[/QUOTE]

No need to apologize, I just read your response without reading the quote you were responding to. Didn't mean to get all serious about PC gaming lol.

But I agree, if you have a good PC system to run this game, then get it. People complained about Steam gaming when it first came out, now Steam is the norm for non-physical copies of games.

It won't take long to exit out of the game anyway... "~, then type `exit`"

decided to go with the PC

And after playing in the Alpha, using the browser to find a game was not bad at all. Certainly shouldn't be a deterrent for anyone

[quote name='Bosnian_Lord']How long is this offer gonna last? And what's their cancellation policy (if somewhere there's better deal later on)?[/QUOTE]

Offer runs through midnight (Pacific) today. I assume if you cancel before it ships you will not be charged.

[quote name='dashrendar']Offer runs through midnight (Pacific) today. I assume if you cancel before it ships you will not be charged.[/QUOTE]

Much appreciated! :)

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']so how is the shipping time with Newegg??[/QUOTE]

I usually get stuff 2-3 days after I place my order. Sometimes I get it in 1 working day. It depends on where my stuff gets shipped from though because I have gotten items from 2 locations from them.

Its a hell of a lot faster than amazons free shipping though I can tell you that.

Newegg has 3 main shipping facilities: City of Industry, CA, New Jersey and Memphis, TN. With that said, they usually ship games via Egg Saver shipping which is like DHL giving to USPS and can take a while. (this can be different if it bundled with another ordered product)

I live in OH and had one shipped from NJ and it took just over a week.

Just FYI

bread's done
Back