Battlefield 3 (PC-DL) $51 + Up to 30% off Pre-Orders! Amazon Game Downloads

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn! Was going to preorder from EA with the birthday code deal, but this looks much better considering I still got a lot of Amazon credit to burn through.

If priced for digital versions start being cheaper than the physical version, I will be on board for an all digital console. Until that happens, I'll take things like this.

[quote name='speedracer']Cancelled my Origin preorder. Smokin deal. Thanks Tony.[/QUOTE]

Hmm how "hard" is it to cancel an Origin preorder. I used a bday coupon on Origin so I got this for $45 so it's not a big deal, but I do have some Amazon credit I wouldn't mind burning.

preordered. This is one game you'll want on PC over console for sure. 64 player battlegrounds? Heck yes! I might get on xbox for really good deal too just to play with some friends.

Ok, I appreciate the effort and all, but this is releasing less than a month before Black Friday. Unless the pre-order deals are worth it, I'm probably waiting. Is the pre-order map worth it? I'd almost guarantee sub-$30 on BF with the CoD competition.

[quote name='turls']Ok, I appreciate the effort and all, but this is releasing less than a month before Black Friday. Unless the pre-order deals are worth it, I'm probably waiting. Is the pre-order map worth it? I'd almost guarantee sub-$30 on BF with the CoD competition.[/QUOTE]

I personally think the back to karkland map pack is worth it. It includes 4 maps AND it includes a wide set of karkland guns. Most likely the cheapest you'll see this entire pack is a $15 DLC.

Back to Karkland weapon pack

Tony,

I just tried to preorder Battlefield 3 but my $20 Credit for Gears of War 3 was not being added. So I contacted Live Chat on Amazon to see if I was doing something wrong but they said that I could not use it for PC downloads. I was wondering if you could see if this can be changed because I and I know other CAGs would like to use our credit for these great deals on PC downloads.

[quote name='headpiece747']Tony,

I just tried to preorder Battlefield 3 but my $20 Credit for Gears of War 3 was not being added. So I contacted Live Chat on Amazon to see if I was doing something wrong but they said that I could not use it for PC downloads. I was wondering if you could see if this can be changed because I and I know other CAGs would like to use our credit for these great deals on PC downloads.[/QUOTE]

Amen. I am in the exact same situation. I came over here to check if anybody else found a way to apply the promotional credit to the game.

Awesome deal for everyone!

143967.png
143967.png

In for Battle 3. What a great deal at launch! I like the usual promo credits but I would much rather just save money instead.

Sticking with the Newegg physical copy for PS3 - sadly my laptop can't really run BF3 well enough. And I suppose even if it would, my wife would be using the laptop for Facebook :)

I just tried to preorder Battlefield 3 but my $20 Credit for Gears of War 3 was not being added. So I contacted Live Chat on Amazon to see if I was doing something wrong but they said that I could not use it for PC downloads. I was wondering if you could see if this can be changed because I and I know other CAGs would like to use our credit for these great deals on PC downloads.[/QUOTE]

Just keep trying. I was finally able to get my $20 applied.

Still bummed that BF3 uses Origin on PC. If that weren't the case than Amazon would have a couple sales from me thanks to this deal. Going to pass though due to EA's crappy program. :(

And canceled my Origin order, Physical Warfare Pack would be nice, but not as nice as $18 in my pocket. Now if we could get a similar deal for the 360 version I would probably double dip just to be able to play with friends.

Sorry if I missed this discussion but:

Is there a reason that Assassin's Creed Revelations PC download has a date of 11/29 and the PC box has a date of 11/15? Is this a mistake? Some people with a PC preorder may be surprised to find it's not available on the street date.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Amen. I am in the exact same situation. I came over here to check if anybody else found a way to apply the promotional credit to the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='epicjas0n']Just keep trying. I was finally able to get my $20 applied.[/QUOTE]

Hi there, sorry for the delay on getting to you guys with the answer here. We have let CS know that this credit should be applicable towards Digital Video games.

Here's what I'd suggest:

1. Try CS again, and explain that this credit should be applicable to digital video games.

2. If that doesn't work PM me

3. If you really want to pre-order this game, go ahead and do so, because we won't charge your card immediately (because it is a pre-order) and then we'll figure it out with CS before the game launches (again PM me).

4. Protip - If you want to take advantage of the 30% off...do so soon, NOTE the limited time only messaging!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Amen. I am in the exact same situation. I came over here to check if anybody else found a way to apply the promotional credit to the game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Abeja']K people that want to get their Gears credit applied read this:

Talked to chat. No go. Gave me the Game Download number.

866-439-0310

Called them up and the guy said he could reissue a generic promo credit, but he wasnt sure it if would apply. Tried it real quick and it works!

Also, I told him if i couldnt apply it then I would just buy $20 of graphic novels or something and not give Amazon the extra money. Then Id go to Best Buy and buy the game for $60. I really wanted to support Amazon in this instances tho.

Very glad at the way Amazon handled this. Amazing deal and will gladly support Amazon and their future digital sales. $22 for BF3 and I dont have to travel anywhere! WHOOOO!!![/QUOTE]

You guys missed my post if you have Gears of War 3 credit.

Canceled my physical preorder and used the credit on the digital one. Then applied the credit to pay off another pre-order. I now have all games I plan to purchase for the rest of the year ordered and paid off via Amazon!

I'm going to play this on consoles to avoid Origin. And I'm not American so I take this moment to kvetch a bit more about the paucity of games and particularly deals on Amazon.ca.

Tony! How long will the BF3 deal last for??

I'm debating canceling my Origin Pre-order and switching to Amazon depending on whether or not Origin pre-orders allows us to play right at midnight or not...

[quote name='kyrhon']Tony! How long will the BF3 deal last for??

I'm debating canceling my Origin Pre-order and switching to Amazon depending on whether or not Origin pre-orders allows us to play right at midnight or not...[/QUOTE]

They won't, the listing shows 1PM EST, 10 AM west coast.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']They won't, the listing shows 1PM EST, 10 AM west coast.[/QUOTE]

So even Origin pre-orders won't be able to play until 10 AM PST?
Or would this only apply to Amazon pre-orders?

[quote name='kyrhon']So even Origin pre-orders won't be able to play until 10 AM PST?
Or would this only apply to Amazon pre-orders?[/QUOTE]

No clue about Origin, but from the preorder page on Amazon:

This item will be released on October 25, 2011 at 10:00 AM (US/Pacific)
Pre-order now! Sold by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']No clue about Origin, but from the preorder page on Amazon:[/QUOTE]

Yup. I am aware of this.

If Origin pre-order is the same way (can't play until 10 AM/sometime in the morning) I might as well switch to Amazon.

I would be willing to pay an extra $6 to play at midnight (I got BF3 for $52 on Origin)

[quote name='bigdale']I'm going to play this on consoles to avoid Origin. And I'm not American so I take this moment to kvetch a bit more about the paucity of games and particularly deals on Amazon.ca.[/QUOTE]

avoid Origin?

you some kind of hippie?

[quote name='aznguyen316']I personally think the back to karkland map pack is worth it. It includes 4 maps AND it includes a wide set of karkland guns. Most likely the cheapest you'll see this entire pack is a $15 DLC.

Back to Karkland weapon pack[/QUOTE]

Maybe so, thanks I'll try to decide. I wish this was on Steam instead of Origin, although I'm not really anti-Origin.

[quote name='turls']Maybe so, thanks I'll try to decide. I wish this was on Steam instead of Origin, although I'm not really anti-Origin.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely the cheapest the LE version (pre-order) will get. Even if the game gets cheaper than $41.99 after release, it will not contain the DLC pack for free. To me at least, this really is one hell of a deal.

As for Origin...it's not that big of a deal. Sure I'd prefer it if EA just stuck with Steam, or utilized the same login method as BFBC2, but it's fine.

Can't wait until the 25th! :D

[quote name='kyrhon']Yup. I am aware of this.

If Origin pre-order is the same way (can't play until 10 AM/sometime in the morning) I might as well switch to Amazon.

I would be willing to pay an extra $6 to play at midnight (I got BF3 for $52 on Origin)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, totally misread you.

Yeah, with the back to karkand expansion, this is about the same as buying it for $30 as the expansion will be at LEAST $10. Even if it hits 30 on BF, it'd effectively be the same thing to me, and it won't go lower for a few months. Seems worth it to me.

Man, thank you for this deal and the heads up-on it! Last night I canceled my new egg pre-order (the 48$) deal for this. I have all of the current AC's for ps3 so I think I'll stick with it there. Otherwise I would have definitely capitalized on that deal as well.

Thanks for the info, OP! You saved me a ton of cash. I've had a $25 GC sitting in my Amazon account. Getting BF3 for $17 is a great birthday present for me.

They added Saints Row 3 @ 39.99. Nice. Really on the right track.

I'd say THQ would be all over having a decent partner on this stuff. I've seen their PC games be very good over the past couple of years. Not sure how they've been selling. The latest Red Faction games was one of my favorites in recent memory.

On October 21, 2011 at 7:00am PST, the digital download of “Battlefield 3 – Limited Edition” will become available for pre-load for those customers who have placed their pre-order. This means that customers will be able to download “Battlefield 3 – Limited Edition” and get their activation key in preparation for the October 25, 2011 release. Customers who have pre-loaded will be able to play immediately on October 25 at Midnight Pacific time when Electronic Arts turns on their activation servers.

New info about the download. You can start preloading your game on Oct. 21. Amazon is full of win. :cool:

[quote name='solaris389']They added Saints Row 3 @ 39.99. Nice. Really on the right track.

I'd say THQ would be all over having a decent partner on this stuff. I've seen their PC games be very good over the past couple of years. Not sure how they've been selling. The latest Red Faction games was one of my favorites in recent memory.[/QUOTE]
Will Saint's Row 3 digital preorder come with the Genki pack? Definitely considering, but THQ store has the digital download with the Genki pack and Season pass (3 mission packs worth ~$20, apparently) for $49.99. I don't expect Amazon to match that, but it's worth a mention.

*edit* VVV - Ordered then. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guerrilla']Will Saint's Row 3 digital preorder come with the Genki pack? Definitely considering, but THQ store has the digital download with the Genki pack and Season pass (3 mission packs worth ~$20, apparently) for $49.99. I don't expect Amazon to match that, but it's worth a mention.[/QUOTE]

The Genki Pack will be part of this pre-order offer. Thanks for the question!

Cheers,
Tony

Anyway you guys could flip the switch to bring it back to 30 percent off for Battlefield 3, I was trying to figure out a way to get my 20 dollar game credit to work with it but to no avail.

i was really thinking about this game till i seen can only play it through the EA website. not on steam while the others are, what a croc! :(

Was ready to purchase bf3 tonight but saw they upped the price to 50.99 now (15% off). Not sure if that is a mistake or not. Will wait it out and see.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Was ready to purchase bf3 tonight but saw they upped the price to 50.99 now (15% off). Not sure if that is a mistake or not. Will wait it out and see.[/QUOTE]

It's not, Tony said many times in the thread that the price was a temporary offer.

Newegg has a boxed copy $3 less right now.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']It's not, Tony said many times in the thread that the price was a temporary offer.

Newegg has a boxed copy $3 less right now.[/QUOTE]

darn :\ My fault for snoozing too much on this deal I guess haha. Think I'll probably wait a month or so after release then to get it at a good price point. *looks at backlog and cries*

UPDATE: Tony is the man, went ahead and pre-ordered Battlefield 3 like he said and then he got CS to apply my Gears of War credit so my total came out to $21.99. Thanks again Tony. I will be getting more stuff from Amazon VG Downloads because of the great service.

Updated preload info:

Pre-order Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition and you will be able to pre-load the game starting at 7am PST on October 21, 2011. To learn more about pre-load, click here.

link goes here:

On October 21, 2011 at 7:00am PST, the digital download of “Battlefield 3 – Limited Edition” will become available for pre-load for those customers who have placed their pre-order. This means that customers will be able to download “Battlefield 3 – Limited Edition” and get their activation key in preparation for the October 25, 2011 release. Customers who have pre-loaded will be able to play immediately on October 25 at Midnight Pacific time when Electronic Arts turns on their activation servers.

bread's done
Back